• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy X-3: Peace Always Come With A Price

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
Sunlight streamed through the open window onto a light brown mass of semi-curly hair. It was mid-afternoon by now, and the translucent yellow rays had warmed the room considerably. The only respite from the lack of air-conditioning was the cool, gentle breeze wafting in through the window. It was the heat that woke her up. Groggily shifting into a sitting position with her legs dangling off the edge of the bed, Mu looked about for a moment, recalling the events that had led her here—the closest she’d been to home in eleven years. Home… The very idea of her still, even subconsciously, thinking of Besaid as her home was laughable; she had long ago abandoned, and been abandoned by, any ties she had once claimed to that backwater island. Grunting in disgust, she heaved herself up off of the bed and walked over to the small washbasin. Looking in the mirror, the image that greeted her was the usual one: chaotic light brown mane, eyes that were currently a dull, green-tinted grey, and three grisly scars over the left side of her face that completely ruined any looks she might otherwise have possessed. She had long ago gotten used to the scars and accepted them, but that didn’t mean she was proud of them. As Mu screwed her expression into a concentrated scowl in the mirror, she splashed some water on her face before quickly drying off, grabbing her scythe, and heading downstairs. She was tired of waiting, and a walk might rid her of unpleasant thoughts.

As she walked down the stairs, the sound of voices caused her to pause for a moment, and listen. From her vantage point, she couldn’t hear very well, but she caught bits and pieces of the conversation. It wasn’t long, however, before the conversation ended and the people dispersed, leaving her with only a vague comprehension of the subject matter. Something about fiends and not to leave the village under any circumstances, for any reason whatsoever. Well, she had her weapon, and was by no means unused to combat so as to whether or not she ran into any fiends, she cared little. Mu strode forward, and was about to leave the building when the voice of the proprietress called out from behind.

“Miss! We have just been warned of an unusually large amount of fiends in the wood, which may be accompanied by Sinspawn, so please don’t leave the village.” The middle-aged woman rang her hands—she actually looked genuinely worried. Most people would, when confronted with anything related to Sin.

Regardless of any fiends, or Sinspawn for that matter, Mu needed to get out. “Don’t worry,” she said, smiling a small, half-smile at the woman. “I know how to take care of a fiend, and if I meet any Sinspawn, I can run fast.” With that, she turned and headed for the edge of town, paying no heed to the proprietress’s entreaties for her to stay in town.

There was only one “real” exit into the jungle, and that was the same path that led to the temple. Mu knew the way, for, during her three and a half years at the temple, the youngsters from each temple were sent to another temple once a year, for a few weeks or so, as part of a sort of exchange program. Mu had been sent to Kilika her first year—the year after, she had been sent to Djose, and then the third and fourth years, Kilika again. That fourth year—her last year—it had been the Kilika Temple that had sent the young trainees to Luca to see the High Summoner’s speech, and then paid for the ferry to take them directly back to wherever they belonged—in Mu’s case, Besaid. So it was, as Mu meandered down the forest pathways, she had no fear of getting lost. As she neared the Temple (which she was entertaining no thoughts of visiting), however, the sounds of pitched battle invaded the quiet sanctuary of the forest.

Somewhat annoyed at the interruption of her walk, and a little more than curious, Mu trotted onwards to see what, exactly, was going on. The sight that met her eyes was one she didn’t quite know how to describe without attributing some sort of recklessness or idiocy to the girl involved. In a small clearing was a girl waging war against multiple Sinspawn. Fool, Mu thought—perhaps callously. How could one girl expect to vanquish even one Sinspawn, alone? Yes, see there? One of the overgrown fiends had plunged its tentacles into the ground, one of which was coming up behind the girl, about to knock her to the side; and yet she still hadn’t seen it. The blow would most certainly knock her unconscious if it didn’t kill her. Sighing, Mu pulled her scythe from its home on her back, and tread quietly forward. She really didn’t feel like watching someone explode into pyreflies before her eyes. Luckily, the Sinspawn were too engrossed in the one target to pay any heed to Mu.

As the plant-like tentacle was swinging downwards, it jerked suddenly before falling with a dull thud to the ground, where the severed vine twitched for a split-second before sending tiny glowing lights dispersing into the atmosphere. Looking away in disgust from the goo now dripping from the formerly immaculate blades of the scythe, Mu looked at the other girl, the barest trace of a smirk tilting the corners of her lips. “Looks like you could use a hand.”

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
The girl had been asleep; deciding to take the smallest nap as her Guardians arrived, she had laid back, her arm over her eyes, telling herself it'd be for five minutes. Just five. But five was too short, and her Guardians had gathered far too quickly; pushing herself off the bed, and gave a small yawn followed by a heavy sigh. After making her her hair wasn't messy, she rubbed the sleep put of her eyes, patting her cheeks to wake herself up. She was tired, and could not wait to dose off on the boat.

Truth be told, she wasn't so much tired as she was drained; it felt like someone had pulled the life out of her. And yet, she could feel her magic getting stronger, feeling different then before. Valefor had given her the ability to summon her--a big step, the first step, and the one where the world would now acknowledge her as a true Summoner. One more step for her revenge, to free Spira. But would she free Spira? Or continue the cycle?

Suddenly, she wasn't feeling so hot.

With another sigh, Lucille headed towards the front of the tent, where, sure enough, her Guardians were gathered. She cleared her throat to catch everyone's attention, but when all eyes were on her, she was at a loss. What exactly was she supposed to say? Deciding to state the obvious, she forced a smile.

"Well...I'm an official Summoner." She laughed nervously, her smile fading. "So...the fayth told me that...there might be a way to defeat this Sin. The current Sin is being controlled by Lord Seymour. We will continue on to Kilika."

Lucille took a pause, suddenly noticing an unfamiliar face. "...And you are...?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. It was just a little random to see someone new immediately.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
When all six feet of Eve Varden emerged from the temple doors the world, it seemed, was a brighter, happier place. Sunlight burst from the clouds in brilliant, dust-dappled beams of gold. The sweet-salty taste of crisp island air mingled on her taste buds before filling her lungs with life. How the priests could spend their lives in temple confines that were both dank and mildewy would forever remain a mystery to her. But all her thoughts of island beauty for which she gained a sudden appreciation froze then evaporated when she reached the steps that led to the village center. Her eyes fell on the crowd, gathered outside a tent, and the woman with jet-black hair and black leather clothes who was a part of it.

Ice tramp.

As Eve descended the stairs, with all the glee of a child celebrating yet another coming of its day of birth, she could barely contain the excitement building in the pit of her stomach. Her abdomen had become an aquarium of butterflies rapidly flapping their wings against its inner surface, and she loved every second of it. She thought of how much sweeter than the air revenge would taste; thought of every minuscule detail of the ambush – the look of complete surprise that would fall on her target’s face, like an Ice Flan burned by fire; the immediate gasp for air straight after; her own thin, unchanging smile through it all.

The crowd’s chatter grew louder as she drew closer. At one point, Lucille’s voice cut, sharp, through it, but she was nowhere to be seen; the congregation outside the tent seemed to have swallowed her whole. Which was probably for the best. After all, part of her duty as a summoner was to appease desperate townsfolk with Yevonite regurgitate – it gave the people of Spira hope, though Eve Varden would not fall prey to such cheap trickery; she was the sort to deal it.

Now close enough to smell the alcohol fuming from her nemesis’ breath, Eve’s hands dropped to her guns before she even realized it. She let go. This was a task she would savor with all her senses, and she would not allow the metal to steal any part of it. There was nothing quite as relieving as the flash of pain both the attacker and the attacked felt at crunch of knuckle on bone. Eve tapped the woman in black on her shoulders (just as the woman had done to her in the Cloister), drew her closed fist to her hip, and swung it in a sharp uppercut, tensing her core and twisting her body to maximize the impact when it hit ice tramp’s face.

Perfect.

A satisfying crunch and a brief glimmer of pain later, the woman in black was airborne, and Eve Varden was once again happy.

She drew her guns and pointed them to the stranger. ‘I see we’ve picked up a new straggler. What’s its name?’

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn turned his head when he saw that Lucille had woken up. He was relieved yet he could sense the fatigue eminating from her... She must want to get to the boat so she can get back to napping. Renn was amused... He just stood there as he was quickly assaulted from behind. He was rolled over to see an older woman with Blue eyes on top of him.
(OOC: Refer to this to translate: Copy+Paste, Click 'Al bhed to english' then translate)
"Ec dryd oui so cuh?"

"Ir, myto, E tuh'd ghuf fryd oui yna dymgehk ypuid. Fyed, oui ghuf Ym prat?"

"Uv luinca E tu! Ev E fuimth'd pa silr uv yh Ym Prat ev E teth'd! Pid ed'c kuut du caa oui ghuf ouin Rymv-hydeja myhkiyka."

The two got up and dusted themselves off.

"Cu, Fro tu oui drehg E's ouin cuh?"

"Palyica E nasaspan dra vencd desa E myet so aoac uh oui. Hu uha eh draca tyoc ryc aoac lmucacd du ouinc. Myto Oihy fyc rymv Ym Prat pid cra ryt uha pmia yht uha knaah aoa."

"E caa..." Renn said. "So Cinnukyda bynahdc dumt sa E fyc vuiht tnevdehk eh dra cay hayn dra pmedwpymm tusa eh Mily."

"Dryd'c frana oui sicd'ja ahtat ib yvdan fa kud red po dryd cduns uh dra vanno. Fa mucd oui drah, pid kuut hafc fyc oui fana eh y pycgad du gaab oui yvmuyd yht cyva."

"Fro teth'd oui lusa yvdan sa?"

"Fa druikrd oui fuimt tea eh dra dinpimahla uv dra fyjac po dra cduns."

Renn grumbled with a frown on his face. "Oui Eteudc. E fyc vunlat du fuhtan fru E fyc palyica uv ouin mylg uv pameav, Pid E's rana ynah'd E?"

"E's cunno."

"Ed'c ugyo. E vunkeja oui, cu frana'c Tyt?"

"Ra'c cdemm ynuiht... lusa fedr sa."

"Ugyo, Sus."

The woman smiled as they brought them over to a nearby house close to the temple.
" I brought him home honey."
Renn was greeted by an older man with brown hair and red eyes.
"Hello father."
Renn was quickly hugged by both his parents.

"We thought you were dead."

"I drifted back to Luca after the storm and was raised properly... After a few decisions. I ended up here. I was surprised that you guys lived here."

"He's human and I'm Al bhed, son. We needed a place that would accept us. We figured Besaid was best. and so far it's been okay."
His mom said.

"I just have one question. Did you guys name me?"

"We were gonna decide on a name when we got here."

"I'm sorry you couldn't... but so far as I know now...
My name is Renn."

He repeated in Al bhed and they nodded.
"It's a good name." his father said.

Renn recollected all of his adventures thus far and told them quickly.
"... And that's how I ended up here."
"I see... But I remember a recent tale about something between lady Yuna and one of her guardians... Don't try to repeat said Romance." His father said.
"Dad...I am old enough to make those types of decisions. Besides... my Summoner needs me." Renn soon turned out of the tents.

"I'd never think We'd see him again."

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
"Hey, sir, why are you dragging this kid around?"

Cael blinked in surprise at the sudden appearance of the young woman. He wasn't going to be surprised if she wanted to become a guardian, what with them being the only group to face Sin.

He gave a small nervous chuckle. There was so much tension. He looked at Lucille, waiting for her to speak. She looked weary but she started explaining what had happened in the chamber of fayth. "Congratulations." He said. "...But to think Seymour was the one behind Sin..."

"Well at least we know something...I guess." He mumbled.

Just then Eve entered, and a rather grand entrance it was. "Cred..." He muttered, accidentally reverting to Al Bhed. Women are scary..or perhaps Eve was just the most terrifying. He'll keep in mind not to piss her off. Once she looked satisfied, she pointed her gun to the newcomer.

Cael placed his hand on her gun. "Relax." He said. "Let's not get too excited, yeah?" He said with a small smile, though he didn't know what was the right thing to say to her at the moment.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Ayumi had walked over to an opening in the crowd and watched as a woman emerged from the back. She wore a beautiful long dress and had deep aqua eyes with nice orange hair. She listened as she explained a few things to the people in the tent. Suddenly, Ayumi noticed something...it seemed the Summoner was tired or something. But she didn't seem that drained when it came to her magic. Somehow, because she lived with a family of priests she guessed, she is able to feel the magic in someone, but only slightly.

Lucille took a pause, suddenly noticing an unfamiliar face. "...And you are...?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

Jumping in her spot, Ayumi walked forward out of the way of the crowd. She stood in front of the Summoner and then bowed down.

"Hello, my name is Ayumi Mims. I come...someplace and would like to join you on your quest to defeat Sin." she said and soon stood up straight. Her knees were buckling and you could almost hear her swords shaking too, if not for her arms pushing them into her hips hard. She felt a bead of sweat trickle down her neck. It felt...so tense...in here....

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
After a few moments, the tent opened, and the summoner emerged. She looked exhausted, and rightfully so…I remember praying to the fayth the first time, it was as if the life had been drained out of you, yet you could feel the new-found strength coursing through your veins. All in all I do feel sorry for this girl, she has to fill the shoes of our “savior”, if not fill, then surpass, even Yuna died at the hands of Sin. But nevertheless, I won’t let her fail. At worst she could severely weaken Sin, and I’ll be the one to finish it.

"Well...I'm an official Summoner." She laughed nervously, her smile fading. "So...the fayth told me that...there might be a way to defeat this Sin. The current Sin is being controlled by Lord Seymour. We will continue on to Kilika."

I scoffed at the remark, Sin is back…and they blame it on Seymour? He’s been dead for ten years! The words of the echoing memory ‘Do not trust them.‘ ran through my mind again. I could feel my blood boiling, but I won’t say a word, I’ll let them believe what they want.

Then I felt it, the taps on my shoulder, I assumed it was the guardian who had dragged me here, so I turned. The next thing I knew that I was face up on the ground staring at the sky, my jaw throbbed and my head was jumbled. It took a moment before I realized. The bitch was back.

“I see we’ve picked up a new straggler. What’s its name?”

"Let's not get too excited, yeah?"

The moment the connection was made, there was no thought of consequence, no pain, I felt the adrenaline pulsating through my body, and this bitch was dead.

I pushed against the ground to my feet and lunged at the woman waving the gun at the newcomer, tackling her to the ground as her guns propelled from her hands. I arched my left arm as far as my skeletal system would allow, and pushed my arm forward at a velocity I thought unimaginable as my fist crashed into her face, I arched my right arm to do the same, but she grabbed my by the collar of my wardrobe, pulling me closer, arching her head back, smashing her skull into mine. I flew backward as my head felt as if it had split and cracked, it was unbearable. As I was spread on the ground, a ray of light hit me in the eye, a glimmer of light reflected upon one of her guns, without second thought I reached for it and sat up, throwing my arm with the hand-held weapon in her direction, the barrel pressed against her temple, but my eyes widened, taking notice to the other gun being pressed against mine. The voice of reasoning finally began to speak, I clearly only had two options: Drop the gun, and end the fight, showing that I’m disciplined enough to do so, or two, pull the trigger, and watch her brains stain the ground…I chose the latter.

*Click*

My adrenaline fueled rage quickly sank into hopelessness and defeat; The chamber was empty.

The woman smiled.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Fletcher woke resting on a tree. He had out done himself in his last encounter with the Guardians and had to rest to regain his former strength.
"It seems that they are all too powerful when one is out-numbered. I must make sure to not let myself be in a situation like that one was." He rose from the tree and stood, examining his surroundings.
'Now, how am I going to get to them?' He thought. 'I am running low on possibilities at the moment. But it is my duty to serve Sin, I can not fail. After all I did offer myself to it's army so it wouldn't take my life.'
Fletcher blinked and memories flooded into him that he couldn't remember before.
Memory Start:
Fletcher summoned his sword and stared at his mighty foe. Sin.
"You! You shouldn't be here! You're meant to be dead!" The beast quickly moved without warning and shot Fletcher backwards. Fletcher could feel the air pass him as he shot through the air. But he then slammed into a wall. Fletcher expected to stick in the wall and be stuck in the huge crack he had created. But the wall of the building collapsed and Fletcher slammed into the ground.

The next thing he saw was Sin towering over him. Fletcher yelled. He wanted to cry but the tears never came out.
"Sin! I beg of you! Do not kill me!" Sin did not move at all. It was as if it was listening.
"I can help you!"
Memory End

Fletcher stumbled back and hit the ground. The impact of those memories had shocked him. He could of let himself die and not fear anything. But he chose to live. Why? Why didn't he just die? he could of just died and he wouldn't have to experience this any longer. But he chose to serve Sin.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"Hello, my name is Ayumi Mims. I come...someplace and would like to join you on your quest to defeat Sin." she said and soon stood up straight. Her knees were buckling and you could almost hear her swords shaking too, if not for her arms pushing them into her hips hard. She felt a bead of sweat trickle down her neck.

"Of course--" Lucille started, only to be interrupted by a brawl between Eve and another girl Lucille hadn't recognized. She was entirely surprised by this--what in the world was going on?! Just as the fight came into an end, the girl had Eve's gun at her face, pulling the trigger.

It was empty.

There was just pure relief as Lucille gave a sigh, marching over to them, kneeling down to the two. "I assume the two of you have had a history?" She asked quietly, gently taking the girl's arm and lifting her off Eve, lightly dusting off her shoulder. She cleared her throat, clasping her hands together. "I would also like to know how I can help you, if there's anything I can do." It was a stupid thing to say, but really, she was being polite. Sure the girl had just knocked down one of her Guardians, but alas, keeping the peace was more important. She purposely stepped between her and Eve, just to make sure nothing more could happen.

It was a long, long day...

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Ayumi watched as the Summoner walked over to the two in a scuffle. It seemed to be a catfight of some sort, so Ayumi ran to see what was happening. Fighting, especially with a Guardian and somebody else, was bad because it made the Summoner look bad. Or at least, that is was Ayumi thought. Getting closer she saw the Summoner had started to stand between the two. Walking forward a little more, she joined the Summoner.

If anything, she'd be happy to kick some butt if they tried to hurt the Summoner. Sighing, she started to talk.

"What were you saying before these two had to fight?" she asked sarcastically.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
With one of the Sinspawns severely injured, Flora was planning out the next few moves that would be most appropiate in this situation. Being lost in her own thoughts, Flora was paying little to no attention to what exactly was happening in the battlefield. It was due to her ignorance, that the other Sinspawn was able to take advantage. With this one being at full strength, and Flora somewhat fatigued, the Sinspawn took advantage. Raising one of large vines, the Sinspawn came with a hard, and heavy blow. Flora was too late to dodge it.

“Damn!”

All Flora could do was guard herself, hoping that the damage of impact would be less than what she could imagine. With her eyes closed, arms covering her face, Flora did not see, or even more puzzling, feel anything. Still covering her face, Flora waited for something. In her mind, she didn’t want to peak through her arms, but curiosity would cloud her better judgment, and when she would open her pink eyes, she would see the then perfectly healthy Sinspawn dead with icky green goo coming out from almost every vital organ on/in it. What’s even more surprising, it’s the person responsible for the killing of that Sinspawn. A girl just like Flora, but she seemed to have a more calm, peaceful nature.

As she spoke, Flora could hear that calm nature in her voice, but then a feeling of something deeper was hidden. Flora doesn’t know if that’s the truth, but it’s what she is getting from this girl, and I guess only time could tell.

“Looks like you could use a hand.”

Flora looked at her with a bitter look, but then it shifted into an idiocy smile as a laugh came from Flora’s mouth.

“In all honesty, I thought I could take them on. It seems I was wrong”

From saying that, Flora saw that the Sinspawn she injured earlier came back for round two, but instead of going after Flora, it went after the other girl. Though she didn’t notice, Flora did.

“Joutuu” Uttering that single word, Flora ran towards the sinspawn who at this point had opened its shell, and prepared to fire a series of shots of a green liquid substance. However, Flora saw this beforehand, and by simply jumping into the air, and performing a corkscrew In the process, Flora would dig into her back pocket and pull out six shuriken stars. Quickly summoning fire magic, she placed the gathered magic energy into the shuriken.

“Mijakku Musha” Flora spoke while in the process of preparing for the right position, and right timing to release the shuriken upon the Sinspawn. This latest spell adds onto her magical power, so the boost of magic power will add to her advantage greatly.

As Flora landed on the ground a mere six feet away from the Sinspawn, the creature was near completion of firing it’s green goo thingy. To prevent this , flora took one final jump, flipping her body sideways where her head was in the opposite direction(vertically) of the sinspawns own head. Crossing her arms, Flora would concentrate the energy to as far as she could. Once she did that, she would quickly throw the six metal stars at the head of the sinspawn, and then landed on one knee.

The blow from the stars and the fire energy caused quite an explosion, and it somewhat forced Flora a few back. However, after the explosion had concluded, and smoke cleared, it would be revealed that the sinspawn was literally blown to pieces.

Turning her attention to the girl, Flora said…”I guess we can call it even.”

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
"So, Seymour is behind this. We head out to Kilika tonight." Daniel said, at that exact moment he felt the air beside him change. He looked to his side and the girl that was there before was on the floor. A quick turn, and he saw Eve.......of course she did it. A quick fight ensued between the two. A cat fight in front of the summoner, how rude. The duel ended quite shockingly. The girl pointed a gun at Eve's face. Luckily, the barrel was empty. Had she actually shot Eve, there would be no telling what Daniel might have done. After all, she was a fellow guardian.

Lucille stepped between them. Of course neither of them would hurt her, she was the one chosen to fight Sin. But still, Daniel put a foot forward. Letting them know that if anything were to happen, he'd be ready to fight.

"Ayumi, welcome to the party." Daniel said, also trying to ease the tension. He then turned to the girl who started the fight with Eve. "I don't think we caught your name when you stormed in to help us." That was the first order of business, finding out her name. She saved Daniel and then healed him when he needed it. He still could not tell if she was friend or foe. But, he wanted her to travel with them. He felt something eerie about her and wanted to keep an eye on it himself.

Zeph

imp of the perverse
For just the tiniest fraction of a second, Mu stood there shocked. Was…was this girl..mad? At her? But just as soon as the anger flashed over her face, it was gone and replaced with a goofy smile accompanied by a laugh.

“In all honesty, I thought I could take them on. It seems I was wrong.”

“No…don’t worry about it…” She hardly knew what to think. It would seem that, despite the smile, this girl didn’t entirely relish the interference. Well, excuse me. Perhaps she was one of those that had to do everything herself, or had to be the one to deal the last blow? Maybe she was angry because Mu had killed the Sinspawn—though even she herself was surprised with how easily the fiend went down. Completely forgetting about the other Sinspawn, she narrowed her deepening green eyes and scrutinized her temporary ally. The girl was probably around her age, perhaps a few years younger—with that figure, Mu couldn’t tell, and had the most surprising eye color that she had ever seen.
That is where her examination ended, for, after muttering something Mu didn’t quite catch, the girl ran forward and leaped into the sky, performing an extremely impressive series of vaults and twirls before throwing a barrage of shuriken into the head of the monster. After a split second, the shuriken exploded, leaving nothing but the decimated carcass of the Sinspawn slowly releasing pyreflies into the sky.

“I guess we can call it even.”

Glancing back and forth between the girl and the utterly destroyed Sinspawn, Mu had to laugh. “I guess so!” she said, eyes brightening to a shade of blue as she chuckled a bit. It was thoroughly amusing; here she had rushed into battle to save some poor fool who had taken on more than she could handle, when this ‘poor fool’ had been perfectly capable of saving her own hide. She began to replace her scythe when she recalled the nasty goo now coating the blades—courtesy of the dead Sinspawn. It wouldn’t do to have that junk drying and ruining the razor-sharp blades; so, bending down, Mu pulled some grass and began cleaning the four blades as best she could for the moment. Looking up, she took a moment to toss her bangs out of her eyes before smirking up at the as-of-yet-unnamed girl. “It seems I owe you an apology—it looks like you knew what you were doing, after all.” Heaving herself back up onto her feet, Mu slapped the scythe back on her back where it belonged, and held out her hand. “I suppose introductions are in order,” she said as she shifted her weight to her left foot and grinned. “I’m Mu.”

Part of her wondered what, exactly, this other girl had been doing fighting two Sinspawn in the middle of the forest. It was odd, to say the least. Maybe she was in training to be a warrior monk? Or perhaps the Crusaders were making a comeback along with the summoners? And it was always possible that the girl had merely been taking a walk like she herself had been doing, and had been accosted by the fiends. Whatever the case, it really wasn’t any of Mu’s business; though she had kind of made it her business when she jumped into the fray. Regardless, even though the chances of them meeting again were ever so slim, this other girl had relieved her boredom and she liked her immensely for it.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
In some weird way, there seemed to be an odd spark between Mu and Flora. Both have similar personalities, and the both of them can laugh even when dire situations beckon them. Flora saw something in this girl; was it the same as Flora is or is it just that Flora could see this girl and herself being friends. Whatever it is, Flora liked it, and wanted to see where it went. Furthermore, she kind of liked Mu’s attitude.

After the Sinspawns were dealt with, some quiet time was in order. From that, Mu put her Scythe back where it originally belonged: on her back. Following that, Mu introduced herself by simply stating her name. It was simple, and right to the point. Yup, Flora knew there was something about this girl that she liked.

“Hehe, right to the point, I see.” Flora said as she could not help but let a small laugh out of her mouth, and a grin as the result of that random laugh. Flora put away her twin Daggers in their sheaths that were located on the thighs of Flora’s legs. Flipping back her hair that had gotten in her face, Flora took a small inhale, and stated her name.

“The name is Flora.”

After that, Flora turned her attention to the temple. “Follow me. You look parched. Let me show you the advantage of living at a temple with monks who praise you for saving their home.” Flora said with a even louder laugh from before. It was with that Flora led Mu to the temple as these two would get even more acquainted with each other.

Fun times will happen.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I was expecting the worst. Exile? A gun shot to the head? I'm sure as hell in the perfect position for that. But a surprise, the summoner approached us, kneeling down.

"I assume you two have a history?" she asked in a quiet voice, pulling me off of the hellion, lightly dusting off my shoulder...I was...confused. How could one be so calm and well, friendly to a stranger who just attacked one of their own?

"I would also like to know how I can help you, if there's anything I can do." The summoner said as she placed herself between me and my attacker, I felt a bit more relieved at the gesture.

"I don't think we caught your name when you stormed in to help us." The man who had dragged me here stated.

It's time for the sales pitch.

"I....apologize for the fight, my anger tends to get the best of me, especially when blind-sighted." I glared at the woman behind the summoner.

"Nevertheless, it was very unprofessional of me, and I sincerely apologize. Anyways, my name is Crystella, I come from Macalania, where I once served in the temple. I have come here to aid you in your journey to destroy Sin, Lady Lucille. I understand why any of you would be skeptical, and I understand that first impressions are difficult to forget, but I hope that you can see past it and give me a chance.

After all, this is Sin we are all up against, and not to be too blatant, you need all the help you can get."

Last edited:

Zeph

imp of the perverse
“Follow me. You look parched. Let me show you the advantage of living at a temple with monks who praise you for saving their home.”

And with that, the girl who had just introduced herself as Flora turned and walked away laughing. Clearly she expected Mu to follow her, which posed a bit of a problem for Mu. Well…not that it was actually a problem, but she hadn’t really planned on entering the temple here; there was too high a chance some of the monks might recognize her. Though…not that it technically mattered; it would only be a huge pain in the ass, was all. After a second or two of watching the girl’s back as she walked off and debating whether or not to think up some excuse and head back to town or follow Flora to the temple, Mu shrugged her shoulders and trotted off after her new purple-haired acquaintance who was by no means a slow walker.

It wasn’t long at all before the two girls arrived at the famous Kilika temple steps. Here, Mu paused for a moment and tilted her sandy-haired head back to gaze up the long row of stone steps. She hadn’t missed these; the first time she had visited the Kilika temple, she had been quite sure that her legs were going to fall off of her body after she had hiked the veritable mountain of stone; they hadn’t, and during the rest of her stay at the temple, she had avoided anything that would lead to her descending the steps—since she would undoubtedly have to climb them to get back to the temple. These very stairs were rumored to have been used by High Summoner…well, she couldn’t remember which High Summoner had trained here, but one of them had. “These stairs are just as steep as always…” she muttered to herself as she began the long trudge up the stairs behind Flora.
They trekked…
And hiked…
And then finally, finally, they reached the top. Mu wasn’t out of shape by any means, but those stairs..! “My GOD, you’d think they’d erode or something!” She gasped after she finally stepped onto level ground. Turning once again to Flora, who was now leaning against one of the pillars and catching her breath, she smirked and let out a short laugh that was infused with sarcasm. “So, do you think the stairs are that steep so people will—” She never finished her sentence, however, for at that moment another voice cut through the still, temple air.

“Why, it can’t be! That’s not little Silvie, all grown up that I see!”

Mu closed her eyes and groaned inwardly; didn’t these old codgers ever retire? She recovered quickly though, and turned around with a polite smile tilting the corners of her lips upwards. She recognized the man that had spoken to her. He had been old back when she had been in training herself, so he must have been at least ninety by now. Nevertheless, he had always been particularly kind to her, so she couldn’t bring herself to refuse to reciprocate the greeting. “Hello sir,” she said, a sheepish look spreading over her face…how was she supposed to react to this kind of greeting when she had completely given up on the teachings of Yevon?

“I haven’t seen you in quite some time, young lady; you’re just exactly as I remembered you.”

“Really.” And you’re just as kind as I remember you. She had seen his eyes flicker to and from the claw-marks scarring her face.

“Yes, yes.” He said, smiling kindly and patting her shoulder much like a grandfather might. He didn’t linger very long; he inquired as to her health and nodded his hand in understanding when she told him she now lived in Luca. “Now Silvie,” the old man said in parting, “You really ought to come visit us old geezers every once in a while; you were always one of our favorites, and we have worried for you.” With that, he smiled and patted her shoulder once more, and took his leave. And Mu remembered Flora.

“Well then…” she said as she awkwardly turned around to face her present companion, who was giving her a quizzical look. “Sorry about that.” Mu didn’t so much mind that the girl now knew a bit about her—after all, it was likely that half of the population in Spira had some sort of connection to at least one temple; it was the name that bothered her. Silvie.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
Four strange looking characters walked into a bar in Kilika. The two men furthest in the back each watched the patrons closely, hands ‘resting’ on the triggers of their guns. They were the grunts, nothing special to look at, even if their all black get-ups looked rather snazzy. But then there were the two in front, a well-dressed man, and a bubbly looking, freckle faced youth. That man, who had his hands shoved into his pockets motioned for the gang to follow him towards the counter in the back of the bar.

Wouldja look at that? Where do you suppose they come from?

I dunno, but do you see the way that dark skinned feller’s eyes are glowing?

Never mind that! Those two goons behind him are packing some serious heat! I say we get the hell outta here while we ca—

Arcade shot a glance out towards the tables that unanimously silenced each and every on looker. Smiling satisfied, he leaned over the counter, and, waving his index finger in the air, called for the bartender: a thin man with a curly white mustache.

“You don’t look like you’re from Kilika...” The man’s eyes studied the artillery Moose and Twitch carried. Mr. Gambit snickered at the sentiment.

“Indeed, we’re not.” The bartender shifted. And then, the man asked that same, generic question literally EVERY bartender asks any new face that walks into their establishment. Only this one, he asked the question very solemnly.

“What brings you here?” The worker crossed his arms. Arcade smirked impishly.

“Word of mouth. People tell me and my gang there's good business to be had here, see, we’re a group of hired guns…”

Mercs? Oh, why didn’t you say so!” The man bellowed as he laughed a lumberjack’s laugh, “I thought you all were thugs! Sheesh! Oh hey, isn’t she a little young to be traveling with you all?” The bartender leaned over to the counter to whisper the last bit, using his eyes to point towards young Jayx.

Arcade shook his head. “That’s The Lady Gilgamesh. Mistress of Weapons, and one of the baddest mothers to ever walk the planet. You didn’t hear this from me…but they say she slayed her kindergarten class.” The mustached fellow’s eyes widened. The thief noticed a cold sweat forming under the bartender’s neck. He couldn’t help but feel some accomplishment with that one.

THE Lady Gilgamesh? Shhiiiit! I never heard of her, but forget I ever questioned her! Listen, if you’re interested in some work, the forests by the temple are completely overrun by Sinspawn. They say it’s getting worse and have barred all civilians from entering. Tell em’ you’re mercenaries and you should have no problem getting through the gates though.” The bartender turned around, quickly he began to fumble around the shelves behind him for something, “Here, take these elixers. You’ll probably need em’ if you’re going into Sinspawn territory. Once the Sinspawn are all wiped out, I’m sure the city’ll pay you in gold!”

Arcade looked giddy at the sight of the four Elixers, each one filled to the brim with wound healing goodness. He passed each one to Jayx, who stuffed them into her massive bag.

“Much appreciated my man. Lady Gilgamesh is no doubt pleased.”

“Oh, I hope she is!”

Arcade giggled before the gang took their leave of the place, their formation the exact opposite of what it was on the way in. It looked like they would have to fight their way to the temple, troublesome. But, that same chaos that they had to fight through would no doubt give them the cover they needed to sneak on in.

“Another Sphere is about to be in my grasp boys. Dontcha hear her cryin’ out for me to save her?”

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
"So, Seymour is behind this. We head out to Kilika tonight."

"Ayumi, welcome to the party."

So much drama. He hoped that things didn't become sour, or at least, too sour in the group later on. Cael scratched his head lightly. But at least they weren't leaving Besaid empty handed. Seymour. Cael wasn't quite sure what Seymour had done in the end, all he knew was that he died inside Sin. Well...maybe there was no surprise there, when you think about it.

He looked at Ayumi. "Nice to meet you. I hope...you're fine with everyone else." Then he looked at Crystella, who was still on the floor.

"After all, this is Sin we are all up against, and not to be too blatant, you need all the help you can get."

He extended his hand and took her own, pulling her up for her to stand. "Glad to see everything is settled. Now, off to Kilika." He said with an excited smile. Travelling was always exciting for him, despite the fact that he's been to many places before.

Light

faster than
Awards
"They are too strong to take on, while they are grouped together. Wait until they fight each other, and I know they will, but don't stay too long, only hit and runs. In order to win this battle, for Sin, I must do this task." spoke Felden quietly as he stared up into the darkening sky. He was scared, because for the first time in his life he had been the into retreat. He shivered as a cool breeze rustled his hair, and made his skin tingle.
Felden's task had been simple all his life. To fight and win. Get stronger for this day. Now that the day was here he really didn't have a clue. Plans were smart to use, but they didn't seem to work on these guys. Too many differing levels of intellect, some extremley low, such as the idiot who lit the ship on fire. Felden grunted as the night stars drifted overhead, wandering what would happen next.
Felden began to stand up when a stabbing pain raced up his leg. Felden grimaced at not the fact that there was pain, but more so that it was a reminder of his loss today.
His mind had raced for almost an hour and now it left only time to return to Sin, and reassure him that they would get the job done, and ask for directions on where more to go. Felden took one last look at the sky, relaxing for those few seconds, before finally going back to Sin.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
[OOC : If this timeskip is NOT A-OK, lemme know]

As if time had suddenly decided to skip to the next day, at last the group had arrived to the Isle of Kilika. Home to Ifrit, Aeon of Fire, the village was propped up by many boards, as per tradition. After its devastating attack ten years ago, Kilika is now in its full former glory, this being radiated by its citzens. To see so many people interact was a bit of a shock; it was almost as if Sin hadn't reappeared. A bit jealous, Lucille looked around the village as the group headed for the temple. After getting new Guardians and finally getting on the ship, Besaid seemed to bea long time away. She hoped that Ifrit would give them more clues as to exactly what was going on. Truth be told, she really wanted to go back home to Bevelle, to see her family at least once. Homesick? Very much.

Unlike Besaid, Kilika neither held hostilities towards the group, nor did they hail them in anyway. Sure, there were the common talking and whispers, but that was to be expected, and not nearly on the degree of Besaid. Feeling just the slightest oomph of confidence, Lucille found herself almost skipping to the temple. Some greeted her, others waved, some went about their business as usual. The less attention, the better it was for her personally.

"Hmm...where is the temple?" She asked out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back