• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy X-3: Peace Always Come With A Price

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn walked alongside Lucille as she walked out of the temple... He then heard whispers from the villagers as they walked out. Lucille was kinda shakey, Renn observed. She was paranoid and with good reason. The people were Judging her. Renn walked up to them and gave them a cold stare. "You people should be grateful to her, She's willing to bring the Calm so that you will continue to live your blissful little lives!" The audience silenced immediately. Renn felt it was his duty to protect Lucille from all outer forces, not just fiends and any other forms of hurting, be they emotional or physical.

He soon turned back to Lucille. "It's alright now."

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Eve Varden felt the taps on her shoulder. She felt them singing their tempting siren, and though her mind knew better than to let down her guard, her body disagreed. Reflex twisted her counterclockwise, but before her eyes could trace the length of the extended arm back to its body, from the left a sharp, crystalline blow connected with her chin. She heard something fracture, like the crack of ice in water’s embrace, and was sent skyward, ascending ever faster from the ground.

There was no time for pain.

Her legs moved of their own accord, tightening and relaxing muscles in a self-conducting symphony, and swung overhead, landing her gently on the points of her heels. Head shot up. In the fleeting seconds before she watched her assailant exit the chamber, Eve locked a fierce glare on the ice wrapping the attacker’s fist. A fissure ran through its core. Eve cursed. With the adrenaline-induced analgesia fading, pain clawed shooting fingers into her chin, and she finally made the connection: the whore had hit her.

“Guard the summoner!” she shouted, bolting to the chamber exit. I have a score to settle.

It seemed the decision to abandon the chamber was unanimous, for both Felden and Fletcher began racing to the door. The three were set on a collision course—Eve, Felden and Fletcher—but Eve was not about to relent. They seemed to sense the fiendish determination that drove her and vanished into the air itself. Possibly to escape the might of her wrath. Possibly just to escape. Eve did not care or even notice. Her only concern was with exacting retribution; everything else was an extraneity; and anything that stood in her way could banish itself to the Farplane.

Her one-woman stampede through the narrow confines of the stone walls was unbreakable. Until she reached Arcade. He was still hunched over, his back to her face, a viridian glow illuminating his silhouette. She smelled trouble. The satisfaction of disintegrating her attacker pyrefly by pyrefly would have to wait. Though knowing the man for but passing minutes, she felt the static that leapt between her eyes and his when they spoke. She had no intention of making him her enemy, but, still, curiosity ravaged her veins like a hungered animal.

“Sphere hunter, eh? What did you need my help to get in here for? The temple priests always open their doors for Spira’s treasured historians.” Unless, of course, you’re not really one, and you have secrets to hide, she thought as she walked to his posse. A hostile glare from an equally hostile redhead greeted her entrance. Was it jealousy she caught in the glint of those green eyes? “Your adventures around Spira must be absolutely fascinating.”

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Daniel noticed that Lucille was struggling even harder to stay on her feet after they left the temple. He hated seeing her struggle like this, and none of the other guardians were trying to help. Well, Renn was but he wasn't doing such a great job. Daniel shrugged and wrapped her left arm around his neck whether she liked it or not. "I'll take you somewhere you can rest. The rest of you, hang out here until it's time to go," He turned to Crystella, "You stick around...I would like to speak with you."

Daniel took Lucille to the soldiers quarters and led her to a bed. "You stay here and relax, we know you did a great job." He said and then he left. Daniel remembered what Lulu told him to do. Come to her when he was done with the Trials. Now he was done, it was time to find out what it all was about. Her hut was opposite of where the soldiers quarters were. Vidina was outside playing with some kids his age at the time. Daniel nodded to him and entered. Lulu was standing in a corner with a picture in her hand. "My husband, Wakka, he would do anything to keep the people of this village, no, the world from falling into the turmoil that Sin brings us. I have a feeling he is still doing that, for the sake of his son." Lulu said.

She approached Daniel, slowly but surely. Lulu extended her left hand and gave him a picture of Wakka and Vidina. "You'll find some use with this. Guard it the way you wish to guard that summoner."

Daniel pocketed the picture and left, "What does she mean?" He pondered this question as he walked through the village.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I made it to the entrance of the cloister before cooling down a bit, I leaned against the cold stone wall. The coldness ran chills down my spine, it was more than comforting. I slid to the floor, rubbing my temple with my fingers.

"Oh Crystella, why must you make things so damn complicated?" I muttered to myself.

The creaks of the stone walls furthered my uneasiness. It was as if the structure could collapse at any moment, no doubt the result of the attack and that mindless fire-starter. I didn't have the urge to move though, I could curl in a ball and rot here without second thought.

I leaned my head back, gazing at the jagged ceiling as the stones shifted and cracked. the creaks and echoed chatter from the sphere hunters began to subside, and the hymm from the other side of the door began to fade to silence. It was too quiet, but it was soothing. The halls became darker, darkness began to cover the walls, every source of light was extinguished. Soothing bliss washed over me as the floor below me gave in. This is...all so familiar...the dream...the abyss...what the hell is happening to me?

"It seems your ability to follow simple instructions has not improved, Crystella." A voice whispered.

The voice...it's...different from the others...It's so familiar...a man...velvet smooth and unwavering...Master...could it be?

"Yes...Crystella, you must listen to me, there is not much time left."

I felt a smile crack across my face.

"It was you all along, wasn't it? How is this possible?"

"Crystella, you and I share a great bond, a bond greater than death."

"It does not make sense...why now? Why have been messing with my head? I need answers!"

"I have been trying to guide you Crystella, to mold you into your full potential. But that can't happen until you let go of your past life."

His words angered me, back from the dead to lecture me?

"I have let go! I pushed it aside!"

"Then what happened in the chamber? You let your emotions get the best of you. There is no room for weakness. You must be ruthless. You must do what it takes to survive. To rid the world of Sin."

"I...It's just so difficult."

"Everyone you know or loved. They are dead. Clinging to a memory of what not exists, that is idiotic. It brings unnecessary pain and weakness. You must embrace your instincts. Trust no one, not even those guardians you wish to befriend."

My fragile mind began to crack, just like the the element that I have woven throughout this life. It only sustains so much damage until it shatters. Is that how it's supposed to be?

"You're right." I stated dully. "I must hurry and speak to the fayth."

"Impossible. There is no reason, the fayth will not bestow their gifts to you. Yevon has been corrupted The fayth are merely slaves to it. They are all liars, thieves, and whores. You do not recall Lady Yuna slandering my name?"

"After she murdered you, no less. Yet they honor her, send her gifts, call her a savior, while they call you an enemy...I could helped you...I shouldn't have left-"

"Enough!"

I snapped out of the memory, all it ever will be.

"You are correct, perhaps there is hope for you."

"What do I do now?" I asked.

The voice let out a slight chuckle. "You tell me. You were my apprentice, surely I taught you something during those three years."

I sat in thought...what do I do? Where do I go? The one place I've been trying to figure out...

"What is at Baaj Temple?"

"The key to your success...power, beyond your wildest dreams!" A powerful roar of laughter pierced through my head...I hate his laugh, it always gave me the creeps.

"One last thing." He whispered.

"Yes, Master?"

"Remember that gift I had given to you? Hours before my death?"

"Yes...it was a black box with a peculiar keyhole...I locked it away in my home."

"Splendid. One of the items inside is necessary for your success at Baaj temple. But a key is required to open it, as you know."

"Well, where is it?" I asked blatantly.

"Guadosalam, in my former palace, it's in the-"

His voice was interrupted by the screams and moans of the dead, I shrieked in terror as Master's voice began to fade.

"No! Where is the key? Seymour! I-"

My eyes snapped open, just to be blinded by overwhelming light. the coldness that whisked on my skin was instantly replaced by scathing heat, a warm breeze ran through my hair. I was...outside...what the hell-

"You stick around...I would like to speak with you."

My eyes fixed on a man, he looked worn and slightly exhausted, the summoner in his arms was much worse...I remember the first - and last time I received a aeon - Shiva...my only aeon, it seems. I shifted back to the guardian to answer to his demand, but was already out of earshot.

"...I guess I'll wait here."

I sat at the temple entrance...I can't believe what just happened...but...his words are true. I've made up my mind. No more half-assed plans, no more distraction. I know what I want now. I'll make my way to Baaj, and I will destroy anything that gets in my way. The world needs to be reborn. This nonsensical religion needs to die for good. I have a focus that keeps me going...and, well, at least that is something.

The breeze began to pick up, my hair swayed through the current as the slight cold began to brush against my skin. I closed my eyes and took in the moment, surely a breeze as enjoyable as this would not last. My muscles relaxed, my arms fell to the side, I could almost fall asleep if it were not for the winds whispers:

"Do not trust them."

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
To his surprise, just as they were about to take their leave of the dark cavern, he laid his eyes upon a familiar gaze. It was Eve. Arcade wondered what separated her from the group this time.

“Sphere hunter, eh? What did you need my help to get in here for? The temple priests always open their doors for Spira’s treasured historians.” There was a certain carefulness about her that he didn’t feel during their previous meeting. A burning curiosity, perhaps. The glowing treasure Arcade held in his hand probably didn’t help defuse it. “Your adventures around Spira must be absolutely fascinating.”

Anyone else, and Arcade would have had his boys end their life before they even finished the sentence. Anyone else, Arcade probably would have disposed of them after they got him through the temple’s guards. Anyone else—but there was something about Ms. Varden. Something that stayed his hand from calling out that grim order. The strongest lust? Or something more? He wasn’t sure. But regardless, he still had no desire to divulge everything about his purpose.

When Moose cocked his shot gun, Arcade rested a hand on the barrel, prompting him to stand down. “Eve…” There was a glint of reluctance in his eye, “Remember when I said I was looking for something? Well, technically I’m looking for someTHINGS. This Sphere you see here is just one of them.” He tucked it away deep into his vest’s breast pocket. “There’s seven of them, and this one brings me to three.” The hunter crossed his arms as he casual paced back and forth.

“The temple hasn’t been a friend of mine for a very long time. And I’m far from a historian. But believe me when I say I need these spheres.” A cool smile was on his face as he approached Eve, “Understand when I say I can’t let more than that slip. What is a man without his share of secrets?” His right thumb and index finger found themselves underneath her chin. Gently, he tilted her head up towards his.

“Now, as I said before, I owe you for getting me here—I always repay my debts. So Eve, tell me what you desire. Gil? Treasures? Name it.”

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Listening to Arcade’s smooth repartee curled Eve’s lips upward—a hint of a smile, if only in slight. Years behind the bar listening in on conversations between unfaithful husbands seeking escape from the tedium of their lives and their unknowing wives, coming out with their fanciful lies over telesphere conversations, had left her jaded. Though the stories and deceptions changed, the sequence of events remained forever the same: pupils dilated and contracted in pulses; once charismatic voices gained a sharp edge, scratching upper frequencies in prepubescent surges; foreheads glistened with crystal beads of sweat. Eve knew a lie when she saw one, and it pleased her to know Arcade was telling the truth.

She felt her head being lifted by a firm, masculine touch.

‘…me what you desire. Gil? Treasu—‘ Arcade found himself cut off mid-sentence, two fingers pressing lightly on his lips.

‘None of that, Romeo.’ Eve smiled, returning her hand to her side. ‘You have your secrets, and I have mine. No harm, no foul. What I want is neither your life story nor your treasure—at least not for the moment, and at least not until you’re ready to share it with me. What I want is your company. Call it payment in kind, an I.O.U., if you will.’

Arcade’s raised eyebrow suggested he needed more convincing.

‘Relax,’ Eve said, a slow vibrato stressing the word, ‘I have more pressing things than gil to worry about now. Sin and the summoner take precedence. What use is being a gillionaire without a world to lavish your riches in?’

She turned and began pacing up the hallway, her voice amplified by the echoing, cavernous stone. ‘Rest assured, after I vanquish Sin, I will return for my cut of the dosh. But until then, at least give me some way to contact you, should we separate.’

Ice tramp better get running, she thought, ’cause once I get my answer, I’m raining down hell. A strange glint flashed her hazel irises as she instinctively drew her hand to the throbbing right of her jaw. Still hurts.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
Arcade watched with a bemused smirk as she half turned down his offer.

‘None of that, Romeo.’ Eve smiled, returning her hand to her side. ‘You have your secrets, and I have mine. No harm, no foul. What I want is neither your life story nor your treasure—at least not for the moment, and at least not until you’re ready to share it with me. What I want is your company. Call it payment in kind, an I.O.U., if you will.’

She turned and began pacing up the hallway, her voice amplified by the echoing, cavernous stone. ‘Rest assured, after I vanquish Sin, I will return for my cut of the dosh. But until then, at least give me some way to contact you, should we separate.’

The drifter slowly nodded, as he racked his brain for a suitable method of contact. He needed something secure, yet simple…something…Arcade gently rubbed the side of his beard. His hand carefully traveled from his cheek, up towards his ear; where his palm met the rounded plastic of his earpiece. That was when an idea struck him.

“Moose, you still keep an extra earpiece right?” The Boss’ head tilted his fellow’s way. The giant of a man snorted, obviously put off by the prospect.

“Boss, this is top of the line tech. We can’t just give this out to—“ Before Moose could finish his lecture, Arcade was busy fiddling through the man’s pockets. After about thirty seconds of digging, he found his treasure; a small, white, oval shaped earpiece. A dim green light flashed on its side. “H-hey! You can’t! Bossss!”

“This should do the trick. Moose here is quite the technician. Using these,” Two steel fingers tapped the side of his own earpiece, “We tap into a Spira-wide network that the Al Bhed use. Of course, our frequency is encrypted; no curious ears that way.” With a wink he tossed her the device.

“Keep that close by. I’ll contact you later on the details on its use. Just press the center button to answer a call. Alright?” With that, Arcade went to address his men; remembering that they had business to take care of. “I think its time we get off this rock. My arm can’t take the island air much longer.” He grabbed the limb in question, “Watch yourself Ms. Varden; I’d be devastated if anything were to happen to that beautiful face in my absence.”

Jayx groaned. “Come on Boss! We gotta go!” The youth tugged at his pant leg. Arcade grimaced.

“Fine, fine. Moose? Twitch?” Both men nodded, “Alright then. We’ll meet again Eve.” It would have been far to cliché to leave her with some romantic action, so instead, all he did was give a cool wave, and an electrifying gaze as he passed by her on his way out of the Cloister.

Outside, back in the temple, Arcade noted the scattered remains of a crowd. They must have been here to congratulate—or further condemn the Lady Summoner. Truthfully, he could care less. Their collection was at a healthy three now and he had a new queen in his deck. The journey to Besaid had been quite prosperous.

Their footsteps echoed through the ancient stone of the church as they made their way back into town. Originally, his plan was to stay a night at the inn. But his arm had started acting up again back in the Cloister of Trials. Arcade needed to get back in the skies: Now. They neared a large circle smack in the center of town. Bringing his both his thumb and his index fingers to either corner of his mouth, he let out a loud whistle.

Airship Styx

Winds picked up around them, and distant palm trees began to flail about. A gigantic shadow cast itself over the huts of Besaid. It was day, but the darkness the figure brought made it all look like the night. A foreboding, but at the same time, triumphant tune’s beat shook the shacks down to the very twig foundations.

There she was. Airship Styx.

Small by Airship terms, but still larger than life, she let out a long shaft of light from her white steel underbelly. Arcade and his company stepped into this white light and at once their feet started to float off of the ground. On lookers flooded out of their homes to see what all the commotion was. And when the sight sated their curiosity, their mouths all dropped to the sand below.

Styx’s light lifted the foursome from the island and into the sky. A circular way opened up allowing them entry inside the vessel, and with their destination reached, the crew was gone from sight. The airship rumbled as engines and consoles kicked on. Arcade and his team appeared just short of the command console, greeted by a womanly voice.

“Greetings Master Arcade, how may I serve you today?” The ship’s A.I. politely asked.

“Ada, just get us out of the sticks alright? First things first though, give us some shade.” Arcade stretched as he strolled over to his large leather seat in the cockpit. The black leather of the chair folded to every inch of his body, it always provided maximum comfort.

“Cloaking devices engaged, engines set to covert. Plotting a course for ‘out of the sticks’.”

A giddy grin crossed Arcade’s face. Finally, back in the cockpit of his baby. The panel full of buttons and monitors illuminated with some sort of vigor, perhaps just as happy to see their pilot again. The airship vanished from the villager’s view. Gone were the steel behemoth and its gargantuan shadow. Instead, all that was left was an odd ripple in the sky where it once floated.

Styx fired up her engines, and in seconds she shot through azure skies.

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I sighed.

“What the hell is taking so long?” I muttered beneath my breath.

Hope they get back soon…

I stood from the stone floor of the temple entrance, only to fall from what I thought was Sin attacking the village.

The skies went dark, the winds convulsed and the ground shook…It was…

“A damn airship…”

I noticed the sphere hunters boarding the massive beast, so much for a island of tranquility.

I noticed a drunkard freaking out at the sight after exiting a rather large tent, oh, could it be?

I ran to the tent like a fat kid to the candy shop. I’m just getting my hopes up, right?

I neared the entrance, I could already smell the thick cloud of tobacco smoke and the dulling, yet sour smell of alcohol. Saliva began to water and my kidney begged me to turn away. 3 years of sobriety…am I willing to give that up?

Why the hell not? The world is falling apart anyways.

I entered the tent through the tapestry, friendly people downed shots and engaged in loud blurred conversation, the thick could of smoke blurred my vision and the scent was overpowering, almost suffocating, my lungs already grew tighter…this is my kind of place.

I quickly made my way to the bar, nearly knocking off the old man next to the empty stool in the process.

“I want a shot of the strongest shit ya got!”

“Well aren’t you in a hurry?” The bartender said with a grin, sliding the glass to me.

I downed it instantly.

“Another.”

“No rush, princess, wouldn’t want you to get sick.” He slid another glsss.

“Oh, please, I could out drink anyone in this bar and still feel normal.”

“Oh really?” He said with a raised eyebrow. “Care to place a wager on that? 500 Gil, 8 more shots, including a special…recipe…totally illegal If it doesn‘t phase you, you are not human.” He whispered.

“Hmm…what kind of recipe?”

He smiled.

“The purist form of absinthe…with a few extra herbs”

I smiled at the thought, I haven’t been even remotely intoxicated for so long, one last time before I throw myself in the bowls of hell and that insufferable group.

I noticed a peculiar glass sitting behind him.

“Lets make things more interesting…just the Absinthe…in that glass behind you.”

He turned to the glass in question, a smirk plastered across his face as he turned to me.

“Looks like you’re gonna owe me 500.” He said in a cocky tone.

“We’ll see…shut the hell up and get the yard glass!”

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
"it's alright now."

Now. And next temple?

The same thing?

"For now..." She mumbled, letting herself get dragged along by Daniel as people watched. As soon as she hit the bed, her entire body seemed to relax, and for once, she could take a breath. From Bevelle to now, there was a lot going on, too many takes on her life, too many battles. And this was just the start. She let herself rest for a little bit, though found herself getting up. Next was Kilika; she could rest on the boat. After asking a man to summon her Guardians, she sat back down on the bed, stifling a sigh as her chin rested on her palms.

They had a long, long way to go.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn decided after protecting Lady Lucille, he'd explore the island... He did have some fiend troubles, but not many... mostly just wolves and Armets. Renn continued to see how good his skills improved and saw that he learned some new abilities, Armor break and Flametongue. He soon came up to the beach and noticed the Aurochs practicing. "Hey! Could I possibly try with you guys?"

"Sure! What's your name?"

"Renn."

"C'mon then!"

He enjoyed himself, He was also amused by looking at the water as he went out to get a rogue blitzball.
Then when he went out for the fourth time... Renn surprisingly had an instinct. When he retrieved the ball he tossed it up into the air,
then followed with a upward spin then flipped his foot upward and as Renn thought, he hit it.
It zoomed right back to the Aurochs and surprisingly Keepa caught it.

When Renn walked back, the Aurochs were awestruck.
"Whoooaaaaaa!!!!!" Little did Renn knowa young man came up beside him.
"Hey, you one of Lucille's guardians? You guys are leaving for Kilika soon, better head back to her."

"Okay."

Last edited:

Roaringflames

My secret lair, the COMMON SENSE base of justice,
"Well we're free to do what we want for sometime, why not get knocked up" Inferno said as he was walking towards the bar in Besaid. The bar had smooth elegant brown walls on it's side and a somewhat torn up roof that was half broken. Inferno plucked his sword somewhere on his pants and went in, only one stool open for use, Damn it. Inferno sat down and the bar tender came to him

"What would you like, alcohol or our special" the bar tender asked Inferno

"The special, how much" Inferno said taking out his wallet, with some Gil he found in it

"300 Gil or a special performance kid" the bar tender said sliding Inferno's drink over to him with a little sword in it. The drink was green and red, and was releasing some sort of smell in the air. Inferno drank it and felt very relieved, almost calmer then he ever was. As his pay he performed a sword trick that came to his mind.... Alformance. He slashed upwards twice then four times in the middle and then twisted and came crashing down, almost breaking the floor.

"Damn your rounds are on the house, tell me are you a guardian" the bar tender asked with a jug of beer in his hand.

"Yes I am, I'd have best be going" Inferno said walking out of the bar, with his sword on a pants loop. As soon as he left the village, fiends attacked, but he quickly slayed them and moved on till he got to the beach. When he got to the beach, he saw Renn practicing Blitzball, and was good.

"Hey Renn, how bout we go to the ship" Inferno said and left for the ship

OOC- made up Alformance, might be good enough for my tastes, tell me is this good enough for you all

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Daniel noticed Crystella left the steps of the temple, he forgot she was waiting for him. Someone pointed him to the pub, no doubt she was there. "First I'd like to thank you for healing me back there. I was taking a beating within the chaos." He smirked a bit, he was embarassed. A guardian needed to be helped by someone without a sword. "Second, I'd like to know exactly what your motives are." Daniel noticed that she was not paying much attention to him. Some guy had guy coaxed her into a drinking game. Daniel only shook his and watched.

An older man entered the tent, breathing heavily. No doubt it was urgent. "You....you came with the summoner, right?" The man pointed at Daniel who just stared at him. "Yes I am." He responded.

"She wishes for you and the rest of the guardians to join her as soon as possible." He then ran off in search of the others.

Daniel looked at Crystella as the yard glass was brought forth. He grabbed her arm, "You're coming with me. Lucille may need to ask you a few questions herself." Daniel said. He dragged her out of the tent and toward the soldiers quarters. Daniel and Crystella were the first to show up. "I apologize for my roughness, ma'am." He said, looking at Crystella.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Cael sighed, walking around the island. He made his way to the beach, feeling the breeze and stretching a while. 'Tch,' He kicked the sand lightly. To be ambushed by two weirdos in the temple, what a disgrace. And he was badly injured, if not for Eve's help. "Oh well." He said in a sigh, walking back to the village.

Once he was back, he spotted Daniel dragging a woman outside the pub. The same woman who helped them when they fought in the temple. Just then, a man came to him, informing him of Lucille's request to see the guardians. "Thanks. Have a good day." He smiled, running off towards Daniel.

He arrived a minute or so later, behind Daniel and Crystella. "Hey." He said, looking at them, and looking at Daniel's grip on Crystella. There were questions to be answered, he thought. Regardless, he was calm and patient. The others would be here soon as well, so he'd best wait.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
Airship Styx – Somewhere Over Spira

The gang was all spread out around the luxurious ship. Jayx was staring out the hallway windows. Twitch was mesmerized by his own shadow on the bridge. Arcade was tucked away in his quarters, gazing at his treasures. And Moose was approaching those said quarters, juggling an orange sphere in his right hand, whistling a little tune as he did. The fauxhawke sporting, goatee brandishing, hulking man knocked on the steel door.

“Boss! It’s Moose!”

“Go away! I’m marinating!” The drifter hollered back, annoyed.

“I’ve got something you’re gonna likeeee~” The man cooed. There was a pause from the other party.

“….is it shiny?” Arcade asked, about seventy percent intrigued. Moose chuckled.

“Indeed!” The grunt assured, and at once the shiny metal doors slid open, revealing the dimly lit room. Arcade’s quarters was decked out with wine colored rugs, burgundy walls adorned with fine Spiran-paintings, bookshelves with ancient texts, and, a few computer monitors for business. Moose grinned as he held up the glittering sphere. “Twitch and me ‘found’ it at Apu’s basecamp. His men were more than happy to let us borrow it. Heh.” He tossed it to Arcade, who was posted on the edge of his king-sized bed.

The suited man caught it with his steel arm. His glowing gray eyes lit up with excitement.

“The hell is it? It’s not one of the Spheres. But…it certainly looks rare…” Arcade stroked his beard, mystified by the orange object. Moose wagged his fist.

“Give it a shake.” Arcade did as instructed, and to his surprise, a single thin shaft of green light jutted from the sphere. The shaft collapsed into a grid—no more like a map! “Look familiar?” Moose was beaming.

“Spira? Moose, I don’t need a map.”

“Nah, check it out, see those glowing blips?” He pointed with one chubby finger down towards the virtual map. Indeed, there were several dots glowing around the mini-Spira. Arcade noted a cluster of three moving hastily from Besaid.

“Hmm…wait…this is…”

“Yep.”

“Haha! Nice find my man. I knew there was a reason I didn’t kill you!” The map displayed the locations of each and every ‘Sphere of Legend’ around Spira. “Hrm…Kilika, Djose, Macalania…and…Zanarkand?” Arcade frowned. “Judging by the map, there’s a Sphere in every major temple. How…cliché.” He sighed.

“Not too fond of holy spots Boss?” Moose teased, but the Boss wasn’t amused. He only dismissed the map and fell back onto the bed.

“Nah. It’s Jayx. The temples aren’t the best place for her…”

“Yeah, I know. Think we should…”

“No. You and I both know we can’t just leave her,” The immortal man ran his cold metal hand across his face. “We’ll stop by a safehouse on the way and get some more of her meds. That’s the best we can do for now.” Moose nodded.

“On the way to where?” He asked as he turned around for the door.

“Kilika. If we’re lucky, we can meet up with Eve again. It’ll make things go a lot smoother.” The giant of a man laughed.

“You just wanna get some real booty.”

“Shaddup.”

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Huff, huff, huff, huff, huff.

Panting along, she stopped at the stairs of the large temple. She had never been here before because she'd never left Kilika. Only yesterday had she left her little home and came here when she heard of a new Summoner. It was her only chance to become a Guardian, just like Wakka and Lulu, and protect her forever.

Climbing the stairs slowly, still heaving, she walked through the entrance. Stopping in her tracks, she looked in awe at all the statues around the great temple foyer. Never had she seen so many statues before because Kilika really didn't have many. She walked forward some and stepped into a side room. As she opened the curtain, she saw a familiar face.

"Auntie!" she gasped with glee and joy before hugging the aging woman. The woman had dark brown hair and wore the standard Priest robe.

"Dear, you are finally here! I am so glad!" she patted the girl's back before sitting back down. "Sweetie, why don't I tell you what you should do? And maybe, I can get the new summoner to take you with her?"

Smiling broadly, she sat down next to her Aunt and listened intently at what she said. She explained everything that pertained to being a Guardian and what it meant to protect the Summoner with one's own life. Taking this to heart, she stood up once her Aunt was finished.

"Remember, you are second to the needs of the Summoner. Before you go, take these. Your father told me that it was best you were prepared for such a journey with more than a simple wooden stick." the girl was embarrassed, but it was true. She needed something better than whatever she could find lying around....

Her Aunt handed her two swords. A short one, then a long one, and then two sheaves. She attached the sheaves and then swung the swords around. Getting the feel, she decided to put them away. After staring at her Aunt for awhile, she left the room. She said goodbye as she hurried outside. She then looked around and saw a woman wearing a long black dress with raven hair outside. She then remembered what her father said....

"On Besaid, you'll find a woman with a long black dress and raven hair....her name is Lulu and she would most certainly help you if you told her what your intentions are."

Holding her breath, she walked towards Lulu. She stopped about 10 feet away and introduced herself.

"Hello there, my name is Ayumi Mims. I come from the Isle of Kilika in search of the new Summoner. May I ask your name? And where may I find the Summoner?" she smiled and held her hand out to shake Lulu's, if she accepted it.

Lulu turned her head towards Ayumi and extended her arm out slowly. She clasped Ayumi's hand feebly and shook it carefully. She then let it return to her side as she spoke, "My name is Lulu, former Guardian and chief of this small village. Your name is Ayumi? Kilika? Yes, I heard that you would be arriving soon. Thank you for coming, you may find the new Summoner, Lucille, in that tent over there." she pointed towards a large, blue, and square tent across the way.

Saying her thanks, Ayumi walked towards the tent and saw a kid being dragged to said tent by a man. Ayumi stopped and decided to confront the young man as to why he was dragging a kid around.

"Hey, sir, why are you dragging this kid around?" stood in front of the entrance to the tent so he had no reason as to go around or ignore her.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
Renn had just returned to the gate of the village. He noticed what seemed to be a new girl in the village and she had two swords, sheathed. Renn had a feeling as she walked up to the man who threw the kid out. She questioned the man and Renn didn't bother to listen with full intent. But he couldn't ignore it completely. He turned back to the two of them and said: "Well, it seems he doesn't belong here... he was just guarding the summoner. No reason to worry."

Zeph

imp of the perverse
On Dock 3, hidden behind various crates and boxes, a single form stood staring out into the ocean. In truth, she would really much rather have been working—it was all that could distract her these past few days. Ever since the entire world had been devastated by the news of High Summoner Yuna’s death, and the return of Sin, Mu’s thoughts had been morbidly consumed with the death and destruction that was inevitably to come. At twenty-three, she was old enough to remember a time when the dark thoughts of “what if?” had weighed heavily on the minds of everyone in Spira, and cast a vague shadow that nothing could escape. In the space of just ten years, the people of Spira had become careless, herself included; now, some would pay for that carelessness with their lives. Yes, she would rather be working, but her boss had insisted she take the day off, saying that she had been working herself to the bone and he wouldn’t allow it any longer.

Mu ran her hand through her wind-blown hair and sighed, her eyes focused on the swirling depths of the ocean. She knew she had been overworking herself, and she truly was grateful to her boss and his wife for worrying about her. But she didn’t see how she could go on as she was, just…waiting. No matter what anyone did, it didn’t change the underlying fact that they were all simply waiting.

“I can’t stand it…” she whispered, the wind sucking her voice from her mouth and carrying it away and out to sea before she could so much as hear herself speak. Impatience marking her very expression, the young woman turned and stalked off. Without any particular destination in mind, she found her feet taking her back towards her home—perhaps her boss would give her something small to do. As she neared the bar where she worked and lived, she was surprised by the unusual amount of people milling about. It was a popular establishment, so in another few hours the crowd wouldn’t be so surprising; but it was currently midday, so people should be at work, or home at the very least. Squeezing her way through the dense crowd, she nodded and smiled greetings to a few of the regular customers as she made her way to the counter. Leaping over the bar with one fluid motion, Mu glanced up at the large man looking at her with something akin to exasperation in his expression.

“I thought I told you to take the day off.” He grumped, sliding a glass full of some alcoholic drink down the slick wooden countertop. “But no matter, have you heard the news?”

Shaking her head no, she began filling orders while listening to her boss talk. Apparently, a new summoner had just been appointed in Bevelle, and was setting out on her pilgrimage today. She would stop at Besaid first. Bad luck, she thought as she slowly nodded in understanding. She had the feeling that anything to do with Besaid was bad luck. But perhaps that was just because of her own warped past on the small island. One drunken customer began singing the Hymn of the Fayth, his glass raised in the air, saluting the sphere screen where newscasters were discussing the recent turn of events. One by one the other customers quieted down, some even began singing along. I e yu I, she sang along in her head, no bo me no… It was ridiculous, the things that could comfort a person. Re n mi ri… yo ju yo go… But then, Mu also found a sort of comfort in the Hymn.

“Aren’t you from Besaid?” Her boss was saying, “Maybe you used to know the new summoner. She’s about your age.”

Mu smiled quickly, shaking her head once again. “Not likely. I was training in the temple until I came here. I didn’t get to know very many people very well at all.” A short, bitter laugh followed that last sentence as memories resurfaced. “But you knew that. Besides,” she said, still smiling, “Didn’t you hear them talking? The new Summoner is from Kilika!” Laughing, Mu swing around and picked the plate of food that someone had ordered up from the kitchen ledge. “At least we’re racking in the dough.” She quipped, smirking as she walked off and loudly calling the order number to be heard above the din. After finally making her way back to the bar, she took advantage of the brief lull in the crowd, to turn her eyes to the screen. Broadcasting now, instead of the gossiping newscasters, was the repeating scene from Bevelle involving Gippal introducing the new summoner. It seemed that they were asking the general population of Spira for volunteers to guard the new summoner during her pilgrimage, and from what showed up on the screen, it didn’t look like they were getting off to a very promising start.

Standing behind the bar, watching the screen, something clicked inside Mu’s head. You’re tired of waiting, aren’t you? Become a guardian! Her eyebrows rose slightly at that thought. She couldn’t possibly guard the summoner. The very foundations of a Summoner were the teachings of Yevon, whom she abhorred! But if you become a guardian, you can help rid the world Sin forever… That thought was, in itself, very tempting; just the thought of having to travel for extended periods of time with…Yevonites. The Summoner was a Yevonite, so of course her guardians were, as well. The only exception in history had been High Summoner Yuna, but she had gone against the precepts—she was the only exception. No, she couldn’t possibly. But then…she was so tired of waiting, and this promised to grant her relief.

As suddenly as her dismissal of becoming a guardian had entered her thoughts, it was gone and she had all but made up her mind to join the new Summoner’s entourage at the first opportunity. If she hurried, she would most likely be able to meet them in Besaid—but to be perfectly honest, she wasn’t thrilled with that prospect at all. That left either taking the ferry to Kilika and meeting the entourage there, or waiting here in Luca. Mu, being herself, wasn’t thrilled with the prospect of waiting in Luca, either. So Kilika it was, then!

That night, Mu lay in bed restless, staring out her window at the night sky. Tomorrow she would take the ferry to Kilika.

~~~

Stepping out onto the Kilika dock, Mu was surprised to note the signs of a recent fiend attack. Some of the buildings were damaged—some more than others, and the villagers were working devotedly upon their damaged structures. Not that it will do them much good, she thought, thoughts of Sin flitting through her mind. Briefly, she wondered if there had been Sinspawn; for, though at sea they had had no difficulties, if Sinspawn were in the area—that meant Sin was in close proximity. After casting a quick glance out to sea in order to satisfy herself that Sin wasn’t attacking at the moment, she walked down the pier towards town.

The inn wasn’t hard to find. It was one of the largest buildings in that area, and the doors were opened wide in order to greet any potential customers. Mu walked towards the front desk, noting how the woman behind the counter didn’t bat an eye at the sight of her walking in with a giant scythe on her back. Adventurers and sphere hunters were a common sight in Luca, but at the bar, it was a rare sight indeed to see someone come in armed. She supposed that the reason must be that they left their gear in their room at the inn before walking about town; it made sense, now that she thought about it. After paying a few gil, Mu was shown to her room by the kindly proprietress. Un-strapping the weapon from her back, Mu let herself fall face-down on the bed, and lay still. Now all she had left to do was wait for the summoner to arrive.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
The sounds of hissing Sinspawns echoed in and out of Flora’s ears. Her body backed up to the wall, as for ten minutes strait, she’s been doing nothing but dodging, and trying to avoid getting hurt. For the first five minutes, everything was good, as she wasn’t in any real danger, but since those five minutes expired , the Sinspawns got even more aggressive, and their attacks even more ruthless. Their aim has become dangerously accurate, and with all of this, the fatigue is catching up to Flora. So, in all of this taken into thought, Flora’s chances of outlasting these Sinspawns seems to be downgraded to a low chance.

A lethal vine came strait forward at fast speeds. The vine came so fast, that Flora almost didn’t catch it, but her battle instincts allowed her to dodge the attack, but how long cans she really outlast these two sinspawns. At first, Flora was confident that she could at least fend off these two creatures until reinforcements arrived, but that proved to be a bit of a long stretch, and now Flora might just have to take other measures while dealing with these two creatures.

“Might just have to do something I didn’t want to.” Saying in a very hush-hush tune, Flora got out her two daggers, and by the positioning of her body, she was about to pull off something that was a bit risky, even for her.

“Ryoku…Joutuu” A very faint, but distinctive purple aura took a form around Flora. It looked more like a mist rather than a solid aura, but still it was noticeable. Following that, Flora took off in a dash towards one of the Sinspawns. Her speed was increased quite a feat, and soon It would be revealed that her strength was also increased a great sum as she would deliver a strong spinning roundhouse kick to the center of it’s body - which in result - sent it flying backward, and hitting the wall. Though it only stunned it for a brief moment, Flora would capitalize on it. Doing a backwards cartwheel, Flora would soon land on her feet then do a full body backflip into the air which would result in her spitting out two words, “Fire fury”.

Time went by so fast, it was like in a blink of an eye. Several sparks of fire started to light up around Flora, and soon those sparks would expand due to the breeze in the wind. Due to that, Flora simply twirled her body in a twisting motion, and the then sparks, now fireballs started to follow Flora in a counter-clockwise motion, and with each kick, a single fireball would be sent flying at the sinspawn. In a total of thirty, rotating kicks, the Sinspawn was now being attacked by thirty fireballs. Though a little more than half of those were blocked by the tentacles, the Sinspawn was severely injured by the fire.

"Damn, this is gonna be tough."

Last edited:

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
I couldn’t help but salivate at the sight of the neon green liquid sloshing about in the massive glass, the loud cheers of those around me did nothing but egg me on. I was ready, I was pumped…I was being dragged out by the arm, I sighed in silence. I looked at the one pulling me, it was the guardian that had asked me to wait at the temple, it seemed by his expression that something fairly serious was going on, and the grip he had on my arm wasn’t exactly gentle either…I think I may like this guy.

Pulling me out of the bar, he dragged me towards the soldiers quarters.

“You know, if you wanted to play rough, all you had to do was ask.” I said as he continued drag me closer to the tent.

"I apologize for my roughness, ma'am." He said, seemingly ignoring my last remark, or didn’t hear it perhaps.

I could see a couple of other guardians approaching, I looked back to see a girl blocking the entrance of the soldiers quarters with a stern expression.

"Hey, sir, why are you dragging this kid around?"

…Kid?

The guardian and I glanced at each other with a look of confusion, and I finally managed to shake off his grip.

“It is nothing to be concerned of” I replied to the newcomer. “It seems the guardians are being summoned here.”

I sighed at the thought of all the guardians being summoned, the chick I clocked in the face to be precise, surely she was one to hold a grudge, I could see it the first time I laid eyes on her…she could be a problem…I’m already weaponless thanks to her.

“So, where’s the chick with the guns?” I said aloud to the remaining guardians.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Ayumi stared at the kid. She was getting antsy and was beginning to wonder...was this the new Guardian of the new Summoner she'd heard of?

She stood there as the kid talked some more to the Guardians in the tent as well as any that were outside. Standing there, Ayumi watched as they filed into the tent and stood around a table. Walking in, she stood at the back and listened for anything that may happen. If these were the Guardians and Summoner she was looking for, she most certainly could help them in the long run. Especially when they had to go to Kilika....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back