• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Monsters University

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: Monster Inc. 2

It's like Pixar couldn't think of anything so they just decided to make sequels for movies after 10+ years

Pixar don't like doing sequels. It's Disney that gets Pixar to do them. If Pixar had their way, there wouldn't have been a Toy Story 2 or 3, and they'd have just worked on new projects.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards

Meh. I don't like sequels as much as the original ones.
But who knows, maybe it'll be watchable. Monsters Inc. is one of my favourites from Pixar.

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member

YES. FINALLLLLLY. I was raging over the fact they made a sequel for freaking Cars and not a good pixar movie that could have an amazing sequel (Toy Story deserved a sequel though so I'm not complaining about that.)! Although, I wish they could've made a Finding Nemo or The Incredibles sequel rather than Monster's Inc since the ending was so perfect.

@Dug

Lasseter wanted to make a sequel for Cars, He said so at the D23 expo. And I remember them saying they wanted to make the sequel for Toy Story somewhere (I think that it was in a book that was written about Pixar and had a bunch of interviews in there)
People weren't very happy or excited about that there :(
ANY PIXAR MOVIE WOULD'VE BEEN BETTER THAN A STUPID CARS SEQUEL.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Wow 11 years after the original? Really? First Toy Story now this. If they keep this trend Finding Nemo 2 will come out around 2014. -_-
αsiя;5016115 said:
I forgot how the first one ended, so I can't give any ideas on what the sequel might be about.
After a while Monsters Inc. is doing good and Mikey shows Sully that he put Boo's door back together. Sully looks into the room and you hear a voice say "Kitty!" Sully smiles and it ends.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards

It depends on the film. (Harry potter POA > COS)

No.

Every film after CoS has failed to captivate me (POA, GoF and OotP have murky plots (well PoA mostly), and HBP is just Twilight with wands),

Yes.

Seems unnecessary to me though, why is it that Disney must milk every franchise they have. Until I hear of an Incredibles 2, I don't really much care for any other Disney sequels.

Long overdue, I can't believe Monsters Inc. came out over ten years ago, seems so unreal.

Aria

braver by the minute

You'd think they would have made this sooner :p

I just hope they do a good job.

OMG they better not make Boo a lot older! D:

Esso

Fire Breaker

^ I agree with you there =P
I think Monsters INC.would be just fine without a sequel, there's no need
But I I guess I might watch it if people say it's any good

αsiя

space coke

Necro Bump.

It's been rumored since January that the upcoming sequel to Monsters Inc. would be a prequel that would see the franchise's beloved main characters, Mike and Sully, meet in college and become best friends. We can now confirm that's true.

Today at Cinema Con Disney/Pixar announced that they've officially titled the prequel Monsters University. The film will follow Mike and Sully's early days, when they hated each other, eventually telling the story of how they became friends.

UPDATED: Monsters Inc. Sequel Officially Titled Monsters University - CinemaBlend.com

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

You know, every time the setting is at a university, I'm instantly turned off to the movie.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

It may have ended in a "perfect" manner, but it also left a lot of people wanting more, as well as the fact it wasn't exactly wrapped up. The whole point of Sulley getting Boo's door back is something that I see as them being together once again, and perhaps more interaction on a human to monster level.

Regardless, you obviously didn't read it very well. It's a prequel.

αsiя

space coke

oh god... why is pixar suddenly starting to make movie sequels of movies that ended perfectly?

Read the quote next time.

I have to agree with Nevermore here, a university setting just doesn't seem that interesting to me. Seeing how Sully met Mike doesn't seem that interesting and pointless. It reminds me of Dumb and Dumber: When Harry met Lloyd, a pointless prequel to an already good movie, but at least that was just a comedy, and Pixar movies tend to be more "serious" than other animation movies (not saying all Pixar movies are serious, they do have their few shares of comedy in them, but they tend to have more of a serious tone to them.)

I just for some reason see this being more of some sort of "the adventures of some monsters....while in college."

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I bet Pixar will make this work in such a way where the only thing you can say is "perfect" and will make you cry like a baby.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net

I'm not too keen on a prequel, either. A sequel, I'd understand, since the movie had a semi-cliffhanger ending with Sully finding Boo again and all. Why not expand on THAT instead of an "origin" story? Prequels (Espcially origin stories like this type) tend to sound better on paper, only to be even worse in presentation than the original movie.

Frankly, I'd rather not know what happens after the ending to the original instead of seeing an origin story that has little to no relevance to the overall plot scheme. (Save for the Mike/Sully friendship, or course)

And a University? Seriously? Is that Pixar's idea of modernization? Trying to appeal to the college age group?

I hope this doesn't ever happen with other Pixar films like Finding Nemo.....

The only "college"-related animated movie I've seen thus far that makes such a timframe almost work is Toy Story 3.

This doesn't mean I WON'T watch the prequel, of course.....

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Plot sounds like the premise for a really shitty Disney direct-to-video sequel.

But this is Pixar so I guess it's worth giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Pianoajd2

I think we can all say Pixar knows what it's doing. They wouldn't approve of an idea if they didn't plan on it being a grand adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back