• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you a smoker or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
I don't smoke - never have, never will. It's completely pointless in my eyes and only does harm. I've done enough harm to my own well-being.

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards
Some of you already know I smoke. Though, i can honestly say I don't smoke quite as heavily as I did a few years ago. I've cut back some.

To be honest there wasn't much reason for why i started and why I continue. I tried it, liked it, so I still do it. If I really wanted to quit, I'm sure I could.

That being said, I never smoke in buildings aside from, say, bars and am respectful of people who don't wanna be around smoke.

As a side note, I used to smoke menthols. But I got so tired of people bumming cigarettes off of me, I switched to strong non-menthols (Newports to Marlboro Reds for those that know). Now, they don't want to because they can't stand mine due to how strong they are. One drag and they're coughing. Fun times.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I faced a dilemma yesterday. My caregiver asked me for four dollars to buy her other client cigarettes. Her client is pretty elderly and mostly bedridden from what I understand. She just moved and she was under a lot of stress. I did give my caregiver some cash, but it was for laundry. She did bring in my soda addiction and said she would pay me back with sodas. I guess, I was kind of a hypocrite. I did give her permission to use the money to buy cigarettes. I didn't ask her how the money was spent.

I am a hypocrite, because soda can be just as deadly as a cigarette.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I faced a dilemma yesterday. My caregiver asked me for four dollars to buy her other client cigarettes. Her client is pretty elderly and mostly bedridden from what I understand. She just moved and she was under a lot of stress. I did give my caregiver some cash, but it was for laundry. She did bring in my soda addiction and said she would pay me back with sodas. I guess, I was kind of a hypocrite. I did give her permission to use the money to buy cigarettes. I didn't ask her how the money was spent.

I am a hypocrite, because soda can be just as deadly as a cigarette.

Er... soda, at worst, can wear away your tooth enamel and cause various problems associated with consuming excessive amounts of sugar, and in the most extreme cases, can contribute to diabetes. Smoking involves directly inhaling fumes that contain the addictive pesticide nicotine, tar, and other carcinogenic chemicals that can weaken your lungs, ruin your teeth, and rapidly age your skin.

I mean sure, anything in excess can be a deadly toxin, but I wouldn't equate the danger of smoking to drinking some carbonated sugar water...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Er... soda, at worst, can wear away your tooth enamel and cause various problems associated with consuming excessive amounts of sugar, and in the most extreme cases, can contribute to diabetes. Smoking involves directly inhaling fumes that contain the addictive pesticide nicotine, tar, and other carcinogenic chemicals that can weaken your lungs, ruin your teeth, and rapidly age your skin.

I mean sure, anything in excess can be a deadly toxin, but I wouldn't equate the danger of smoking to drinking some carbonated sugar water...
Actually it can give you acid reflux like it did to me, and sodium benozate can cause cancer in extreme amounts but the sheer amount of soda you'd have to drink to cause it is unrealistic.

Sally-boiii

Awards
Honestly, the only way I would become a smoker is against my better judgment or through force. I have a hard time pulling myself away from a family size bag of sour cream and cheddar chips, I don't even want to imagine how hard it would be for me to stop doing something that is made to be addictive.

That along with the health problems and the other known problems that are associated with it, are why I would never smoke.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Actually it can give you acid reflux like it did to me, and sodium benozate can cause cancer in extreme amounts but the sheer amount of soda you'd have to drink to cause it is unrealistic.

I do need to cut back on my soda consumption though. I did stand my ground when a friend wanted to smoke. I told to make sure the cigarette was out and to put it in the trash, no fire happened! She is a lot more polite than my stepdad.

My stepdad was bi-polar a few years ago and growing up with him was painful. He actually would put the cigarettes in the toilet and I would often complain to my mom about his smoking, but she would say, "Your dad needs his cigarettes, if he doesn't have them then it's like being on a month long period!" or something along those lines.

I got into a conversation with my stepdad. He said that he would smoke in the garage and that for me to not allow smoking in my hypothetical house was unreasonable or something along those lines.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think my new years resolution went as well as I had intended.
In that it didn't go anywhere.

Fuck.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've started using an E-cig, but it's zero nicotine and I've never been a smoker prior. I've done pot a couple of times, but other than that I can't say I've ever been big into that.

Kounelli

Awards
Strangely, despite having a very Greek family where smoking is their way of life, I have never shared the desire to pick up a cigarette.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Strangely, despite having a very Greek family where smoking is their way of life, I have never shared the desire to pick up a cigarette.

That's good. I have rarely seen anyone smoke out of a smoking pipe or a cigar. Why do so many smokers prefer cigarettes and not smoking pipes or cigars? I have seen Beatrice from Umineko no Koro ni and Happosai from Ranma 1/2 smoke from a Japanese smoking pipe called a Kiseru. I also once wrote an article back in college about banning smoking from films.

I feel silly about it now, because smoking will always be a part of the media. Here's a kiseru by the way.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
That's good. I have rarely seen anyone smoke out of a smoking pipe or a cigar. Why do so many smokers prefer cigarettes and not smoking pipes or cigars? I have seen Beatrice from Umineko no Koro ni and Happosai from Ranma 1/2 smoke from a Japanese smoking pipe called a Kiseru. I also once wrote an article back in college about banning smoking from films.

I feel silly about it now, because smoking will always be a part of the media. Here's a kiseru by the way.

Cigars personally don't cut it for me. I smoke them at New Years because my friend insists on buying them every year for tradition. I can't speak for pipes though. Usually I just like going into a store, picking up cigarettes and that's my job done. I really should have moved on to rolling my own cigarettes, but I got frustrated trying to roll them that I would actually have to have a cigarette from the stress.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Cigars personally don't cut it for me. I smoke them at New Years because my friend insists on buying them every year for tradition. I can't speak for pipes though. Usually I just like going into a store, picking up cigarettes and that's my job done. I really should have moved on to rolling my own cigarettes, but I got frustrated trying to roll them that I would actually have to have a cigarette from the stress.

Oh okay. Cigars are probably a good occasion on New Years. I've never smoked and I've rarely seen my mom smoke unless under a lot of stress.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh okay. Cigars are probably a good occasion on New Years. I've never smoked and I've rarely seen my mom smoke unless under a lot of stress.

Cigars have a distinct taste. I'd probably say it's nicer than cigarettes, but much stronger. You also smoke cigars a bit differently. You inhale cigarettes, but not cigars. Cigars are something we tend to pass around a lot too. That being said, I think it depends on the cigar though. I met a friend of my father's who smokes cigars frequently. I don't think I could do that though.

Also, smoking while stressed is such a slippery slope. I hate to admit to being so overlydramatic, but my biggest reason for smoking more frequently was a breakup. It just so happened the breakup was a week before my exam, and I just felt so done. Around then, I only smoked here and there. I'd get drunk, a friend would tap me one, and that was really it. Since then I really smoke too much though. University deadlines are a huge factor currently. But it's evolved into more of a casual thing for me. My best friend is a smoker, and whenever she's up, we tend to hang out a lot, and that means smoking a lot together. So in that time, I just got so used to smoking. Now, I feel weird walking without a cigarette in my hand. It's strange this stemmed mostly from "Wah, wah, some girl broke up with me". I don't know if I have it in me to quit right now, but god, I need to cut back. It's getting horrible.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Cigars have a distinct taste. I'd probably say it's nicer than cigarettes, but much stronger. You also smoke cigars a bit differently. You inhale cigarettes, but not cigars. Cigars are something we tend to pass around a lot too. That being said, I think it depends on the cigar though. I met a friend of my father's who smokes cigars frequently. I don't think I could do that though.

Also, smoking while stressed is such a slippery slope. I hate to admit to being so overlydramatic, but my biggest reason for smoking more frequently was a breakup. It just so happened the breakup was a week before my exam, and I just felt so done. Around then, I only smoked here and there. I'd get drunk, a friend would tap me one, and that was really it. Since then I really smoke too much though. University deadlines are a huge factor currently. But it's evolved into more of a casual thing for me. My best friend is a smoker, and whenever she's up, we tend to hang out a lot, and that means smoking a lot together. So in that time, I just got so used to smoking. Now, I feel weird walking without a cigarette in my hand. It's strange this stemmed mostly from "Wah, wah, some girl broke up with me". I don't know if I have it in me to quit right now, but god, I need to cut back. It's getting horrible.

I bet it's expensive as well.

Smoking is just like any other addiction, certain aspects like nicotine or genetics can contribute to addiction. I personally have a soda addiction and I could probably save money and lose weight if I cut back on the drinking of soda. I think it's the caffeine and a mental addiction that have contributed to my frequent and overly excessive soda intake.

However, some things are better than others. I've heard that pot smoking is worst than smoking nicotine but smoking pot is better than drinking alcohol. I just finished watching an Onision video and the guy pretty much got upset because he couldn't change a girlfriend's pot smoking. He pretty much came off as the type of person that you would have to lie to in order to enjoy something he condemns.

Usually, that's a factor in a lot of addictive behavior asides smoking.

Is nicotine addictive? What's the difference between rolling a cigarette vs buying one from the gas station? What do cigars taste like?

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I bet it's expensive as well.

It very much is. That ties into one of your questions, so I'll explain a bit more into that later, but in general, yes, smoking is extremely costly. Both my parents save a lot more now that they've quit.

Is nicotine addictive?

It's extremely addictive. It's why trying to kick it can be really difficult.

What's the difference between rolling a cigarette vs buying one from the gas station?

From what I can gather, the biggest difference you'll find is the cost. Rolling papers, filters and tobacco cost a lot less than buying a pack that are already made up. A lot of people argue that the rolled cigarettes are healthier for you, and I really couldn't given an answer to that. From all I can say, the biggest difference is the cost. I mentioned earlier that smoking is a huge drain on money. Rolling makes that drain a bit less, but it's still there.

What do cigars taste like?

Very hard to describe. It's kind of a strong taste, and it leaves a bit of an aftertaste on your tongue. I wouldn't know if I would call it pleasant, per say. As pleasant as inhaling smoke can be, I suppose.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It very much is. That ties into one of your questions, so I'll explain a bit more into that later, but in general, yes, smoking is extremely costly. Both my parents save a lot more now that they've quit.

It's extremely addictive. It's why trying to kick it can be really difficult.

From what I can gather, the biggest difference you'll find is the cost. Rolling papers, filters and tobacco cost a lot less than buying a pack that are already made up. A lot of people argue that the rolled cigarettes are healthier for you, and I really couldn't given an answer to that. From all I can say, the biggest difference is the cost. I mentioned earlier that smoking is a huge drain on money. Rolling makes that drain a bit less, but it's still there.

Very hard to describe. It's kind of a strong taste, and it leaves a bit of an aftertaste on your tongue. I wouldn't know if I would call it pleasant, per say. As pleasant as inhaling smoke can be, I suppose.

It is probably better than the vapor cigarettes.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
No, vaporing is way less unhealthy than regular smoking. - and also doesn't hurt the people around you.
You just shouldn't vape on high temperatures because of the formaldehyde that could build up which is toxic. Main problem is that there is not enough data about vaping since it only became a trend in the mid 2000's.

Back