• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Are you a smoker or not?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I remember as a kid a lot of people smoked. I feel like there aren't as many smokers nowadays because, there's no longer restaurants that allow people to smoke inside them anymore. Hardly see people light up a cigarette too. Or commercials about stopping people from smoking as much anymore too. Geez, I feel old at the thought of that.

Anyways, nah, I don't smoke, and I personally don't like the smell. And smoke sticks to your clothes a lot too. When I was a kid my grandmother used to smoke on her front porch. I don't know how old she was or how long until she got herself to quit. I remember she'd sit outside to smoke as she watched me play at the playground. Of course, I wanna say she quit fairly early on with those nicotine patches because, I was around a lot growing up. And thankfully, she didn't damage her lungs much despite how old and frail she is now.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I remember as a kid a lot of people smoked. I feel like there aren't as many smokers nowadays because, there's no longer restaurants that allow people to smoke inside them anymore. Hardly see people light up a cigarette too. Or commercials about stopping people from smoking as much anymore too. Geez, I feel old at the thought of that.

Anyways, nah, I don't smoke, and I personally don't like the smell. And smoke sticks to your clothes a lot too. When I was a kid my grandmother used to smoke on her front porch. I don't know how old she was or how long until she got herself to quit. I remember she'd sit outside to smoke as she watched me play at the playground. Of course, I wanna say she quit fairly early on with those nicotine patches because, I was around a lot growing up. And thankfully, she didn't damage her lungs much despite how old and frail she is now.

While I do occassionally run into people that smoke, you have a point: people just don't smoke as much as they did before. And now that you mention restaurants and smoking, I remember my dad smoking in some particular moments, such as after eating and when he got off the car to open the house gate. Smoking can easily become a habit.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nope. The closest I've gotten to it is trying one puff of a pretty much dead blunt.

My mom and grandma and practically my whole family used to smoke. My mom quit when she was pregnant with me and my grandma quit a few months after I was born. Everybody else either quit for their own families or just stopped doing it as much.

I don't like the smell except for the ones that are closer to being more pure tobacco and even that is not pleasant to me.

Personally, I have a fear of getting sick from disease so I try to avoid things that would lead me to a faster death since I don't know if I got the good draw of my family's genes who don't get cancer or the bad draw of the very small handful who did.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Smoking can easily become a habit.

A very, very important thing to know. I feel that one of the things that draws me back to smoking is because it's become a part of my life. I'm so used to getting a train into town, picking up a pack of cigarettes, and having one as I walk past a particular part. It's always the same part I light up at, away from people, and I always do it before work. If I don't, it feels wrong.

That's not the only thing though. On walks home by myself, I'm used to just chain smoking. When I got yelled at for smoking an entire 10 pack on a 40 minute walk home, I realised it's become a problem I need to cut back on. But it's really weird for me to walk and not do anything with my hands.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A very, very important thing to know. I feel that one of the things that draws me back to smoking is because it's become a part of my life. I'm so used to getting a train into town, picking up a pack of cigarettes, and having one as I walk past a particular part. It's always the same part I light up at, away from people, and I always do it before work. If I don't, it feels wrong.

That's not the only thing though. On walks home by myself, I'm used to just chain smoking. When I got yelled at for smoking an entire 10 pack on a 40 minute walk home, I realised it's become a problem I need to cut back on. But it's really weird for me to walk and not do anything with my hands.

Damn, girl. =/ You should really take care of yourself. Economical reasons was also because as to why my dad stopped smoking. Smokers gradually start consuming cigarettes more frequently. It got to the point where my dad had to go to Sam's to buy the bigger Winston packages. After his consumption began rising, and cigarette prices as well, my mother to decided to make a stop.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
...thought this was a different kind of thread for a second

Nah I don't smoke. I've seen what it's done to people long term and short and there isn't anything enticing about it to me personally. I remember once having a strange attraction to the smell of it (which is weird cuz they do smell horrible) but the scent stuck out to me. I think I associated the smell to "somebody that I used to know" and the smell was more nostalgic than horrible but that scale quickly tipped in the other direction and I want nothing to do with the stuff. No one in my immediate family smokes but there are friends of mine who have picked it up in recent years and some who've had it for a while and are now...vaping (anything to help kick it I guess but I don't even know the merits of that method of quitting). But yeah. Not a great habit to have, but I understand it's a lot more difficult to deal with than people think and the degrees vary from person to person

Muke

whatever
Awards
I honestly feel like thinking smoking is "cool" is kinda why so many Ghetto-Kids are starting to smoke at the age of 12. :s

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
They smoke at a young age for the same reason 13 year olds have sex in their parents car. Telling kids doing something is bad for them just makes them want to do it more.

HK Motendra

Awards
The only amount of "smoking" I've ever done was vape, but I could never make a habit out of it, and only went with like... 5 puffs total(not all at the same time, mind)?. In comparison though, vape is much more plesant on the nose than cigarettes or weed, so I'm much more tolerant of it.

I know my uncle did smoke for a good amount of time, along with drinking a lot, but thats another story. Apparently my dad did too but quit once my bros were born

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Nah. I don't smoke anything, I seem to be really sensitive to smoke and smells. Both of my grandmas were smokers, only one of them is rude enough to smoke with everyone else in the room. I just get the most massive headaches. It's horrible. I remember in college, people would be walking in front of you and blow out a big puff of smoke, putting everyone behind them in their smoky cloud. I can't count how many times after class I went home with a headache. They banned smoking on official campus buildings a year after I graduated.

Same for marijuana, but luckily no one actually does that stuff right next to me. I just smell how gross they smell afterwards. Totally for legalization if it means making the stink of weed less stinky through science. (and for many other reasons, but that's a different discussion)

I don't do vapes either. I feel like I might have an addictive personality, so there are many things that I restrain from just in case I could become addicted. Me and my mom (and my grandpa, little half-sister too maybe cause she's not of age) are the only people who don't smoke anything in the family...

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The feeling when you live in a apartment building and some of the other residents smoke in the terraces which are located near the staircase. Then the smell of tobacco moves from the the terrace to the staircase and fills you`r apartment. That disgusting smell usually lingers quite long time there too. Smoking is not even allowed in the terraces for this very reason, but some folks still do that. :(

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The feeling when you live in a apartment building and some of the other residents smoke in the terraces which are located near the staircase. Then the smell of tobacco moves from the the terrace to the staircase and fills you`r apartment. That disgusting smell usually lingers quite long time there too. Smoking is not even allowed in the terraces for this very reason, but some folks still do that. :(

Same fucking here!!
Smoke smell got in our apartment today so badly. It was disgusting.

Back