• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anonymous is taking down Facebook.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As long as it is back up on Sunday. One of my class projects is Facebook and I don't know how any of my class can write a paper if we can't get the information needed from our faux profiles.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Anon isn't taking down fb. Some guy in Anon wanted them too, but barely any of them supported it (the use Facebook to do lots of their shit). Whoever started it got all his information posted on 4chan or something by Anon.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I doubt any of them could hack Facebook anyway. Unlike the PSN, I figure Facebook security is topnotch.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Classic Anon. Couldn't take down facebook, but was able to change the chat back to its old settings. Its the little victories.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The small things lead to bigger things in the future so now what of their other operations they had. I knew of the facebook, but there were some others they had that a lot of people might not know about.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This honestly wouldn't be bad at all. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? People would get off their asses. But then again, this is America, being a free country, all one has to do is find another crutch.

D

Deleted member 36435

This honestly wouldn't be bad at all. I mean, what's the worst that could happen? People would get off their asses. But then again, this is America, being a free country, all one has to do is find another crutch.
you are an idiot

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards
I want this too happen. Even if it's just for a few hours, I always like to see the world freak out over bookface being down like it's something they can't bonking live without. It's down? Well whoopie bonking doo, go outside and play some sports bitch!

But... but theirs bears outside!

Prajna

Anonymous is probably more disorganized than Texan law. First of all, anyone who claims Anonymous is merely a petty troll or hacker who can only spew inflammatory bullshit from a seat behind their pc. Second of all, Anonymous isn't an organization, hence my opening statement. Anyone with a computer, windows movie maker, a flimsy Guy Fawkes mask, and a way to disguise their voice can call themselves an "Anonymous". It's actually quite embarrassing to profess cheap and empty threats such as shutting down facebook (which is what I'm sure is far out of their power) and not delivering on uttered threat. All they were able to do was create a minor stir about the web claiming that an end to this particular social media was nigh and once the date passed and nothing was damaged most if not all the hype was relieved. Personally, I don't care what happens to facebook but having space being taken up by this pseudo-cyber terrorist "group" is not only a greater flaw of the internet but a very widespread joke as well.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Anonymous is probably more disorganized than Texan law. First of all, anyone who claims Anonymous is merely a petty troll or hacker who can only spew inflammatory bullshit from a seat behind their pc. Second of all, Anonymous isn't an organization, hence my opening statement. Anyone with a computer, windows movie maker, a flimsy Guy Fawkes mask, and a way to disguise their voice can call themselves an "Anonymous".

This is only somewhat accurate.
While Anon is unorganized, in that anyone and everyone can claim membership, anyone who does something stupid in the name of Anon usually gets exposed as a fake and is embarrassed and/or attacked in someway.
Not all members of Anon are "merely a petty troll", like you think, and they actually have done some amazing things. One, for example, is that they were able to blackmail a drug cartel in Mexico to free a hostage that was taken. Also, they helped with the revolutions taking place in the Middle East.

It's actually quite embarrassing to profess cheap and empty threats such as shutting down facebook (which is what I'm sure is far out of their power) and not delivering on uttered threat. All they were able to do was create a minor stir about the web claiming that an end to this particular social media was nigh and once the date passed and nothing was damaged most if not all the hype was relieved. Personally, I don't care what happens to facebook but having space being taken up by this pseudo-cyber terrorist "group" is not only a greater flaw of the internet but a very widespread joke as well.

Only one guy threatened Facebook in the name of Anon. Everyone else in Anon thought he was an idiot because they use Facebook as one of their main ways to get their messages out. So, it's not really embarrassing because it was never a real threat to begin with.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Agreed with Lupa911 Anon has a small track record, but they've done some things already and it's only going to get bigger and worse. I still don't know if I support them yet because anything they do can also hurt me like the PSN downtime earlier this year. Even though in the long run they exposed Sony for a lot of things, and we got free games lol.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Agreed with Lupa911 Anon has a small track record, but they've done some things already and it's only going to get bigger and worse. I still don't know if I support them yet because anything they do can also hurt me like the PSN downtime earlier this year. Even though in the long run they exposed Sony for a lot of things, and we got free games lol.

I don't support them, yet, but, I don't oppose them. As long as they don't start doing anything bad, I think they should just be left alone. They don't want to hurt anyone innocent (the drug cartel they were going up against threatened to kill 10 people per each identity of the cartel they released, so they didn't reveal any), only fight for causes they believe in.
That was Lulzsec who attacked Sony, not Anon.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
yo im anonymous, lets fight for peoples freedom of speech by taking away something that allows them to voice just that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back