• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Best Opening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which Opening is better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
Kh2 and BBS were the best IMO

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I like the opening to Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, because I got to see all thirteen organization members and part of Remembrance from KHIIFM in the beginning. I wish they didn't have to shorten the clip with Axel and Roxas on the clock tower and passing Hayner, Pence, and Olette.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
KH2 had the best intro in my opinion it recapped everything up to this game. I really hope KH3 does the same thing with an equally good song.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
I really liked KH2's opening. I was 9 at the time and I was completely shocked at how awesome this game was too me at the time.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
KH2.

I like KH1's opening now, but when I first saw it, it was a major WTF moment. I didn't regain interest until I got to Traverse Town.
BBS's opening wasn't that great

Kiwi +

Awards
I thought the KH2 one was the best one. It's the one I could watch several times, and realize how purely awesome it was and still is.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards

It's definitely my favorite, and so far, an opening to match it has yet to be created, though it's due to main game console hiatus. There's a lot of highlights that I love, especially, like someone mentioned, the synchronization and the transition into every scene was right on point, explaining both two previous games, and adding the expectations of the new one the opening is in. What stood out the most, was:

❇ The poetic intro with Sora's voice. A nice touch to start off with.
❇ The whole scene concerning Kairi, more so because of how well the melody went with it, to even that small light floating, and the significant change from small to grown-up Kairi.
❇ The back and forth lip-synching Kairi and Naminé that came after it was perfection, sliding it right into CoM, and showing their connection to one another at the same time.
❇ On that note - Naminé! ♥
❇ WTF Marluxia. That was awesome. When I first watched it, I never expected they would show him in glorious CGI. too bad the rest weren't.
❇ Sora encased in the pod, and Naminé lip-synching.
❇ Sora's falling backwards and flying through the air as the memories of CoM break away (as Utada is singing "melt away" no less) and he's slowly returning to his memories of DI as he sleeps.
❇ OHSHAT, it's the new kid! Roxas's introduction, for sure. I love how it showed the trinity laying in the sand, and he blasts down from under Sora (or so I would think) deep in the ocean and into the Awakening reminiscent of Sora's own in KH1. Again, perfect showmanship of connection...and also the contrast between them, as Sora, in his opening when first standing on the platform, was more curious and in wonder. Roxas is looking everywhere around cautiously as if something is going to jump out and eat him, taking steps back. Which, you all know...yeah. It doesn't help that when all is said and done, the future impact he had on the series from now onwards that we will later discover (and get to know him to such an extent) makes it wistful for the character in general as his official appearance as Roxas, after all the BHK or Unknown Wielder spiel.

BBS's could have been good, but the rehashes sort of killed it for me. It was rather short too, with limited new scenes. Though I love the very end.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
^Wow that basically sums everything up for me

Though I also liked BBS's and Day's opening as well

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Probably KH's. I liked KH2's as well, it was very visually stunning. KH's had the bigger impact though and was a good foreshadowing toward the main conflict between Sora and Riku.

Rob Diablo

I would have to say KH1 because it was mysterious and it was different from every other video game opening that I have seen, it made me want to play, KH2 was good as many people have said, I did enjoy the recap but KH1 would have to be my favorite, then KH2 and I also liked BBS

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
The BBS one is my most favorite but KHII was also great, 358/2 days= -_- complete shit, Re:Com is ok and KHI was good, so BBS wins :D

jawz

The BBS one is my most favorite but KHII was also great, 358/2 days= -_- complete shit, Re:Com is ok and KHI was good, so BBS wins :D

Now Killa Dex I"m really sorry right now, Imma let you finish but I just want to say that Coded had one of the best openings of all time!!! All Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back