• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So this Clown threat business...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Of course I am, they have made plenty of announcements. :D

Yeah, it's really dumb if you think about it, because sure as hell no americans dressed as clowns would go around in Germany/Austria to kill people. It's just like… why.

What a strange predicament. Hopefully it's bullshit, because a bunch of Pennywise Guys ruining Halloween for kids is pretty sad. However, I think you two mentioned Halloween wasn't too prominent where you're from regardless. (I believe one of my friends from Hamburg said something similar to those lines - her candy day is the shoe candy day).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
What a strange predicament. Hopefully it's bullshit, because a bunch of Pennywise Guys ruining Halloween for kids is pretty sad. However, I think you two mentioned Halloween wasn't too prominent where you're from regardless. (I believe one of my friends from Hamburg said something similar to those lines - her candy day is the shoe candy day).

Well, Halloween itself isn't unpopular in Germany. But you rarely see kids playing trick or treat on the streets. Usually, parents rather organize Halloween parties for them at home, which makes sense to me especially in big cities like Berlin or Hamburg, where you just don't want your kids on the streets when it's dark.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Well, I said it doesn't get hyped up over here as much -- as in, people don't go around yelling "trick or treat".
It's more like, you watch a horrormovie together or you go drink shit and party. Also what Void said

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Well, I said it doesn't get hyped up over here as much -- as in, people don't go around yelling "trick or treat".
It's more like, you watch a horrormovie together or you go drink shit and party. Also what Void said

I mean, that's the latter for me nowadays. I live in a city but we used to go trick or treating all the time as kids. But tbh, that does seem to have died out over years. I feel it might be really quiet this year if clowns are about really.

Hope you two don't encounter any of that

Jumpyvonvagabond

has started affecting where I work now. For those that are not familiar, there are reports of individuals with malicious intent that are dressing up as clowns and stalking students/kids, even going as far as harming them, kidnapping, etc.

I work at a high school and our school police and administrators had everyone on high alert after our students were sent death threats via social media, and reports told that some of the perpetrators were spotted at other high schools in the same district. Nothing has happened as of yet, and many students think of it as a joke or prank, but we, the staff, are now being trained for catching suspicious behavior on school grounds.

Our homecoming dance and football game is this Friday, so as a staff member I will be helping monitor the grounds during the event. I just wish this crap didn't happen, as if kids don't have enough to worry about. Regardless if it's fake or not, schools are still spending money on staff training and protection, so it has become a really big deal. x____x

If I see any clowns while making my rounds this Friday I'll be sure to take a pic...after I call 911 that is lol.

How many people have actually been killed by clowns? Very few, holy shit

Muke

whatever
Awards
But it's like saying because one Waiter at a restaurant is bad, all of them are
I don't thinkt hat's what Kounelli was trying to say. Of course all Killer Clowns are bad.
This is not "Clowns = Killer Clowns = All Clowns are bad"

Jumpyvonvagabond

I don't thinkt hat's what Kounelli was trying to say. Of course all Killer Clowns are bad.
This is not "Clowns = Killer Clowns = All Clowns are bad"
Death matters, but most people aren't going to assault you, people joke on social media, the school's budget would be put to better use elsewhere

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
What would happen if we have a whole year of nothing but these psycho clowns? What's going to happen to those that decide to dress up as clowns just for the usual vandal activities on Halloween or just for trick or treating?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
How many people have actually been killed by clowns? Very few, holy shit

But it's like saying because one Waiter at a restaurant is bad, all of them are

Death matters, but most people aren't going to assault you, people joke on social media, the school's budget would be put to better use elsewhere

purpose.jpg

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I wonder if this will affect Ronald McDonald at all.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What would happen if we have a whole year of nothing but these psycho clowns? What's going to happen to those that decide to dress up as clowns just for the usual vandal activities on Halloween or just for trick or treating?

Target isn't selling clown masks anymore. A few stores pulled clown masks off their lines this year to sell because, of the bad intentions most people are using them for. I'm not sure if every store is doing it, but at least Target has. So hopefully very few people will be clowns this year for Halloween.

As for Halloween, I imagine police might patrol around to keep an eye out? Idk. I don't think there's much anyone can do except keep themselves safe.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Target isn't selling clown masks anymore. A few stores pulled clown masks off their lines this year to sell because, of the bad intentions most people are using them for. I'm not sure if every store is doing it, but at least Target has. So hopefully very few people will be clowns this year for Halloween.

As for Halloween, I imagine police might patrol around to keep an eye out? Idk. I don't think there's much anyone can do except keep themselves safe.

Yeah. This whole clown thing has gotten out of control. I can understand Target and those other Stores' intentions. Are they going to do the same thing next Halloween if this still continues? Might these people resort to ruining some other characters' image like witches, Harry Potters characters, etc? I am glad that cops are out patrolling.

Kounelli

Awards
Here is a list of arrests regarding the clown threats across America. So it seems that people are using this as an opportunity to perform illegal activities regardless if their intentions were meant to be harmless (pranks etc.)

While I understand that the school districts shouldn't be spending money on extra staff and training for "clowns", safety is the number one priority always. Our district always had problems with gangs and bomb threats in the past, so this is just another year for kids to panic and make ill-advised decisions. Because of this, this is why it's needed.

The incident at our football game was just one example, with parents locking kids out of the concessions stands "cause the clowns were coming to get them and they weren't letting anyone in" (I'm serious that's what they said and the girls that were locked out cried and screamed it was bad), people jumping off of bleachers, our students were being stalked on Instagram, someone put clown shoes on the front of the school, and just overall sending everyone on edge. It sounds silly when you first hear about it, but once you start seeing the effect it is having...then there is no question that this has become a safety issue that needs to be addressed.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I am DEFINITELY NOT going out tomorrow, a clown tried to 'catch' me 2 minutes ago and literally ran after me

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I am DEFINITELY NOT going out tomorrow, a clown tried to 'catch' me 2 minutes ago and literally ran after me

Are you okay? Why is this still happening, what's wrong with people....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back