• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation on Riku's Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Sometimes I come up with these big revelations in my head and from there, I'll make a theory.
One of those revelations hit me. Literally, just now. But I'm so excited about it (not sure why), I have to post it before I further think about it.

I am, legitimately, 99% confident that this is true. What it means, though, I'm not sure.
What's the revelation?

Sora has Riku's memories inside of him. I don't know how many he has inside of him, but he's got some, and this will most likely play an important role in 3DS.

How did I come up with this?
Both Days and coded hint at it, rather strongly the more I think about it.

First, the less surprising of the two. For Days:

Yeah, that scene. Remember, the one that made no sense? Why is Xion having a dream of one of Riku's memories? I know some people have explained it as something along the lines of her being this memory dump, and she just happened to get a few extra memories. Doesn't really add up though. In the end, she's Sora's clone, stealing Sora's memories. Therefore, that memory must have been inside Sora.

Not convinced? Good, because I wasn't either, not until I realized what I did about coded.
There are three hints:

Those messages from the journal. A random scene of Riku and XH, a random scene of Pluto running into a Dark Corridor, and a scene of Riku and Kairi. The first two in particular are seemingly insignificant and random, just like Memory's Distortion in Days.

So here's what's interesting about those two scenes:
Jiminy:
What is this all about?
Fixing the data should bring back everything I had written before, but...
What we just saw isn't anything I -
I don't remember any of this.

Donald:
We're seeing something you never wrote?

Donald:
Do you remember seeing Pluto there?

Jiminy:
I don't think there was anything about him written in that part of the
notebook.

Goofy:
Gawrsh. Do you think that the notebook is trying to tell us something?

Data Riku's explanation of those scenes:
Donald:
Why isn't there anything happening on the monitor, this time?

Riku:
Oh. Those images were coming from me. From my consciousness.

Donald:
Ah?

Riku:
As the bugs are taken out, I can search my memory of each world much
more clearly.

(As he talks, the scene of Riku with the brown-cloaked person, from chapter 1,
is partially replayed.)

Riku:
Everything you saw must have been coming through the connection.

(The scene of Sora meeting Donald and Goofy is briefly replayed, before the
monitor returns to the view of Sora at the Colosseum.)

Jiminy:
I see.
Does that mean these memories were buried deep within the notebook?
No one should have remembered them...

Goofy:
But something's strange...

They're unremembered memories. Clearly, then, that leaves us with three options:

1. Sora/Donald/Goofy/Jiminy somehow forgot about these memories.
2. They're fake memories.
3. They're someone else's memories.

Option 1 doesn't hold much water, especially with the Riku/XH and Riku/Kairi scenes. None of them were there to witness it (it occurred after Sora was sucked into the darkness upon defeating the Darkside). There was nothing for them to forget in the first place so I think we can throw this one out.

Option 2 is more reasonable. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time we dealt with fake/twisted memories (see: Namine). But, again, that Riku/XH and Riku/Kairi scene just don't add up. What's Sora doing with fake memories in which he isn't even there.

Option 3 is clearly the correct option, guaranteed. Why? Because they're Riku's memories.
Wait, you say. You get that the first and third are Riku's memories, he was, after all, present in both of them. But what about that second video, of Pluto running into the Dark Corridor? He wasn't there!
Actually, yes, he was. He was the one who opened the Dark Corridor. He was spying on Sora.

How do I know it was Riku? Because we know for a fact that Pluto listens to him. Think forward to KH2. Remember when Riku whistled and Pluto obediently went through the Dark Corridor? Well, we never knew when Pluto had started following RIku but, evidently, it stretches back all the way to KH1.

Why would Pluto follow him back then, though, when he was "evil"? Sure, it makes sense that he trusted Riku in KH2, but why then? Because it was Mickey's orders. Mickey said that he had been in Riku's heart this whole time (in KH1FM), but Riku had ignored him. My guess is that he told Pluto to help guide Riku.

So that's really it. I'm not sure if you're convinced as I am but I am as close to being sure of this as possible. In fact, I'd be willing to bet something tangible over it. Sora has Riku's memories. I'll be dwelling on this for a while. It makes sense of those seemingly irrelevant scenes in Days and coded. And it also means that Nomura has had it in mind at least since he made Days and coded. Hinting at it in both games, this must be a big part of the plot to come.

Why do I think it'll play a part in 3DS in particular? Because of the demo, of course.
In it, Riku turns into Sora. Their memories are intermingling.

blueheart

Bronze Member
Wow, that's really a good theory. Now I'm starting to think 3D and Coded won't suck so much. This is totally why Riku should have his own game. He is one of the most developed characters in the game, and yet they keep leaving us with questions of what the hell was he doing throughout the games. I hope KH3D might reveal some more things about him. Really great idea you have!

zachen

Awards
Amazing it totally makes sense, but

How are Riku's memories in Sora?
Do you have any theories for this cause it would be interesting to hear your opinion on this matter

Regards,
-Zachen

Dcasd1

i like your theory but pluto also listens to axel too

Awards
How are Riku's memories in Sora?
Do you have any theories for this cause it would be interesting to hear your opinion on this matter

I've got a few ideas, but until I have something substantial, I'll hold off.

i like your theory but pluto also listens to axel too

Hm? It's actually the opposite. He obeys Riku when he's tailing Axel. And he even growls at Axel, convincing Kairi to follow Pluto instead of Axel.

There is one affectionate scene of Axel and Pluto in the novel but as I see it, that scene in coded is definitely indicative of Riku.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Hmm...this does make a lot of sense, but still the big question is of how Sora got them in the first place. I would say maybe having something to do with the events inside Castle Oblivion, but...Riku never experienced anything as far as memory loss. Then again, maybe because Riku's memories were influencing the rooms in the basement, they somehow...shifted/floated up to the upper levels? I don't know, doesn't make too much sense...

Maybe just somehow the strong connection between Sora and Riku lead to some of Riku's memories transfering into Sora's chain of memories as he was being rechained.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
I honestly think that Xion could have gotten memories from people that are connected to Sora, not just Sora's memories. Because, what if Sora's ability to tie in with other people's hearts also could have affected Xion in someway. I know it sounds impossible.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
This makes perfect sense. We know Sora can connect his heart to other people, so if i'm reading your theory right, this means some of Riku's memories flowed into Sora, some of Riku's memories went to Xion, some went to the journal.

I really like this. Perhaps this could explain something about KH3D as well? Do you think this could be tied to 3D? And how so?

Allister Rose

French Lover
Possible. i like the theory alot. but in the end of re:coded it was provent hat the there was data inside of sora by ansem the wise (DiZ). maybe these memories we see is information of Riku that was placed in sora

Awards
Possible. i like the theory alot. but in the end of re:coded it was provent hat the there was data inside of sora by ansem the wise (DiZ). maybe these memories we see is information of Riku that was placed in sora

This is actually what I was thinking. I just wanted to hold off until I could think of a reason.
Knowing that one of the memories was of Riku and Zexion, that would mean that the most likely time that these memories entered Sora was after CoM but before KH2 (since Xion experienced them, meaning they had entered Sora at that point). In other words, some time during Days.

So I thought, what was happening to Sora (or Riku) during that time that would cause Sora to obtain Riku's memories?
But then I noticed something about a couple of the scenes:

The static makes them look like data. From there, my thinking was that these memories were somehow converted into data.
Data.

And then it hit me. DiZ inserted data into Sora as the key to saving everyone.
It makes sense especially considering that after the scene of Riku and Kairi plays, Riku talks about the torment and how Sora should be able to save them.

But why? Why would placing a data copy of Riku's memories in Sora be the key to saving those who are hurting? That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Allister Rose

French Lover
maybe this will answer your question
And so, is there a possibility that the characters that appeared in that scene will be brought back in the future?
Nomura: Yeah. The data that Ansem hid inside Sora is a secret related to their resurrection. When Ansem became DiZ and worked from the shadows, he did research on the heart and emotion, but he hid the conclusion of his particular findings inside Sora. There were many who thought that what was hidden was Kingdom Hearts Coded, but that’s not right. In the ending of Coded, Naminé’s words that DiZ did something to Sora are pointing to the data that Ansem hid. We are planning to make clear the nature of that data in a future title.

Key to Truth

Awards
Everything is coming to me... the truth.
Seriously, all this makes so much sense. And even more after that last quote.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Option 3 is clearly the correct option, guaranteed. Why? Because they're Riku's memories.
Wait, you say. You get that the first and third are Riku's memories, he was, after all, present in both of them. But what about that second video, of Pluto running into the Dark Corridor? He wasn't there!
Actually, yes, he was. He was the one who opened the Dark Corridor. He was spying on Sora.
But Riku doesn't get the power to open the corridors until later in the game, doesn't he?

Mickey said that he had been in Riku's heart this whole time (in KH1FM)
Pretty sure what he said was that he had been trying to talk to Riku's heart the whole time, not that he was actually in it....

My issue with this is that there wasn't really ever a time where Riku's Memories -would- have gotten into Sora. And even if they had, don't you think Nami would have put them back in the right places at the end of fixing his memories?

The connections to KH3D do make some sense though, as Nomura -has- said that he was thinking about KH3D in detail while working on BBS/Coded/Days.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
But how did DiZ get the data for Riku's experiences? I know he was following Riku as Ansem SoD during most of the events, but not with certain events shown, like Riku's battle with Zexion. Sure, he knew about it, but not enough to make completely accurate data from it, no matter how smart he was/is. And again, how could it help save their torment? Battle strategy? I don't think so...

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Well Riku had been living with DiZ for about a year. Not too hard to imagine him getting the data from that somehow.

Musical charm

this all makes sense, but now I have a question, wouldn't this theory kinda be related to the secret movie in kh bbs where aqua talks with the real ansem, or something like that?(I'm talking about what they said earlier about putting the data in sora)

Allister Rose

French Lover
But how did DiZ get the data for Riku's experiences? I know he was following Riku as Ansem SoD during most of the events, but not with certain events shown, like Riku's battle with Zexion. Sure, he knew about it, but not enough to make completely accurate data from it, no matter how smart he was/is. And again, how could it help save their torment? Battle strategy? I don't think so...

Vexen was able to obtain enough data about riku to make a replica out of him, why can't DiZ obtain the same data? and simply because you don't think so doesn't mean it's not possible. though i also believe it's a bit unbelievable, it was stated int he ultimania

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Though, I don't understand... if what this is is the data that DiZ put inside of Sora... why would it end up in the Journal at all?

Awards
But Riku doesn't get the power to open the corridors until later in the game, doesn't he?

When would that be?
There's no scene that shows he acquires that power, not that I recall.
And it doesn't have to be Riku. It could have been Maleficent with Riku. But the important part is that Riku was there (and that Pluto was tailing him in order to keep an eye out).

I mean, check it:
Maleficent: You see? It’s just as I told you. While you toiled away trying to
find your dear friend, he quite simply replaced you with some new companions.
Evidently, now he values them for more than he does you. You’re better off
without that wretched boy. Now, think no more of him, and come with me. I’ll
help you find what you’re searching for...

That scene occurs after Riku finds Sora and meets Donald and Goofy. They were thus talking about Donald and Goofy before then.
And I can picture it. Riku and Maleficent standing from afar as SDG put their hands together. Maleficent remarks that Sora's already forgotten about him/gotten new friends to replace him, and they leave.

Pretty sure what he said was that he had been trying to talk to Riku's heart the whole time, not that he was actually in it....

That's not really the point, but rather that Mickey was trying to influence Riku this entire time. If he couldn't get through to Riku's heart, then it makes sense for him to have instructed Pluto to look out for Riku.

And even if they had, don't you think Nami would have put them back in the right places at the end of fixing his memories?

No, not at all. These were hidden deep down. Whatever they are, Namine didn't "put them back," most likely because she couldn't have reached them.

Though, I don't understand... if what this is is the data that DiZ put inside of Sora... why would it end up in the Journal at all?

Because the Journal reflects Sora's memories. As Data Riku puts it, he is the entrusted vessel of the memories contained within the journal. Its content can be considered a copy of Sora's memories.
It's not that the actual data that DiZ put inside Sora was transferred to the journal. It's a copy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back