• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation on Riku's Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Watch, we're gonna find out Riku is a fake person, or whatever, and he disappears or something.

IDK, it's possible with the way Nomura is .-.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
That's not really the point, but rather that Mickey was trying to influence Riku this entire time. If he couldn't get through to Riku's heart, then it makes sense for him to have instructed Pluto to look out for Riku.

Yeah, but still Mickey wasn't actually in Riku's heart, he was just trying to speak to Riku's heart. I know what you meant but some people will take things out of context and make some BS theory about Mickey being able to enter people's hearts or something, that's my fear of this stuff anyways.

Awards
Yeah, but still Mickey wasn't actually in Riku's heart, he was just trying to speak to Riku's heart. I know what you meant but some people will take things out of context and make some BS theory about Mickey being able to enter people's hearts or something, that's my fear of this stuff anyways.

Sort of off topic, but he can enter others' hearts.
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories R/R - The Death Of Lexaeus D:

That's what I was talking about.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
No, not at all. These were hidden deep down. Whatever they are, Namine didn't "put them back," most likely because she couldn't have reached them.
But one of the examples was Xion, which we know Nami worked directly with to put the memories she had claimed back to where they were supposed to be. It would be pretty hard for her not to notice that memory of Riku in there when it had enough of a presence in Xion to mindrape her...

Because the Journal reflects Sora's memories. As Data Riku puts it, he is the entrusted vessel of the memories contained within the journal. Its content can be considered a copy of Sora's memories.
Is it truly though? When Sora regained his memories of CO, the journal didn't really reflect this change.

Awards
With that being said, Mickey is in your heart right now, watching you fap.

How did you know Lexaeus' death turns me on?

But one of the examples was Xion, which we know Nami worked directly with to put the memories she had claimed back to where they were supposed to be. It would be pretty hard for her not to notice that memory of Riku in there when it had enough of a presence in Xion to mindrape her...

First, we do know that there are memories deep within Sora's heart which Namine can't reach (eg Kairi at the end of CoM).
And Namine doesn't know what the data is that DiZ inserted into Sora:

And DiZ...
He hid something inside you, while you were sleeping for a year.
I asked him what it was, but he only said it was... making it up to you.
I'm sure you have the key to saving everybody inside of you, Sora.

Had she been able to reach it, she would have done so while she was working on his memories.

In Xion's case, I think it's just a matter of this data being uprooted (or at least part of it), she experienced it, and it returned to its place in Sora's heart upon her death.
I know it sounds odd that of all the memories in Sora's heart, this one came before plenty of others, but this, I'd imagine, has to do with context. She was on Destiny Islands with Riku when it occurred, providing for a connection to that memory. And given that she wasn't chalk full of Sora's memories at that point, it'd be easier for her to "remember" it.

Is it truly though? When Sora regained his memories of CO, the journal didn't really reflect this change.

When I took everybody's memories away, the words in the notebook all went
away, right? That notebook had so many memories from the journey...
It was deeply linked to their memories, so it was affected.
But when Sora's memories were scattered, they weren't erased.
It's the same thing. The words are gone but the notebook itself still
remembers. That's how you were able to look at the data, right?

It seems that only erasing memories affects the journal visibly (hence why the records of their first journey didn't return, nor did the records of CoM after Namine reunited with Kairi). Nevertheless, there's more to the journal than just what's written on it. Based on what Namine says, it still reacts based on the state of Sora's memories.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
This is a very great theory Grass. You deserve an award.
With this theory, Days and Coded have a way bigger purpose to the series. This might be the reason those games were made.

I sound like an idiot probably, but are you talking about Data Sora or the actual Sora. I don't remember real Sora remembering the events of CO. I didn't follow Coded that much, except for Episode 8. >.<

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It seems that only erasing memories affects the journal visibly (hence why the records of their first journey didn't return, nor did the records of CoM after Namine reunited with Kairi). Nevertheless, there's more to the journal than just what's written on it. Based on what Namine says, it still reacts based on the state of Sora's memories.
It seems what she actually said was that the Journal had it's own memories, because it was linked to all of their memories. Not just Sora's.
If the case is that it is linked to everyone's memories, than it showing Riku's own memories could just be because it's connected to Riku's memories as well. If that's the case, then Sora may not have any memories of Riku's in him at all.

I sound like an idiot probably, but are you talking about Data Sora or the actual Sora. I don't remember real Sora remembering the events of CO.
Actual Sora. When Nami rejoined with Kairi at the end of KH2, Sora regained his memories of CO.

I didn't follow Coded that much, except for Episode 8. >.<
And yet you are so quick to label Coded as filler. Ugh.
You're an example of the kind of people who determine's a game's entire worth by its end reveal. >.>

Aquaman OS

That Pluto going a corridor scene was supposed to happen during Sora's first visit to Traverse Town. It seemed to be heavily implied Pluto was following Mickey into the Dark Realm who had also left around the same time after making sure Sora arrived in TT safely. In fact I believe the point of that scene was to explain why Pluto was with Donald and Goofy upon arrival at Traverse Town, but then vanished for the rest of the game until the ending. He was with Mickey in the Dark Realm.

I don't think it could have been Riku he was following because according to Final Mix Riku was waking up at HB right around the time Sora was at TT. I find it hard to believe he could have met Maleficent, been given the Soul Eater, learned his dark power and used a DC to head to TT in the short amount of time that Sora was there, and not approach him at all. Especially since also according to Coded, Riku left DI after Sora's battle with Darkside and Sora leaving. So Riku would have even less time. Riku doesn't approach Sora in TT until the 2nd visit which is a while into the game.

As for the whistling in KH, I think it was Mickey doing the whistling and not Riku.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
As for the whistling in KH, I think it was Mickey doing the whistling and not Riku.
Pretty sure it's actually Riku. When a COD opens at DI, someone whistles and both Kairi and Pluto go into the COD. It is there that Kairi sees Riku.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
And yet you are so quick to label Coded as filler. Ugh.
You're an example of the kind of people who determine's a game's entire worth by its end reveal. >.>

No, not really. I never labeled Coded (or Days btw) as filler.
When I said this:

With this theory, Days and Coded have a way bigger purpose to the series.

I didn't mean that they didn't already have a purpose, just, that this theory (if it's true) would give them a bigger purpose.

Awards
It seems what she actually said was that the Journal had it's own memories, because it was linked to all of their memories. Not just Sora's.
If the case is that it is linked to everyone's memories, than it showing Riku's own memories could just be because it's connected to Riku's memories as well. If that's the case, then Sora may not have any memories of Riku's in him at all.

Having its own memories = having a copy of Sora's memories.
Just because it's the Journal's memories doesn't mean they have to be unique.
And she uses "their" in reference to the memories of Sora people had. It all connects back to Sora, as the journal was "deeply connected to their memories" through Sora. She then goes on to compare the state of the journal with the condition of Sora's memories and his alone.

Even if it was based on multiple memories, it wouldn't make sense to have Riku included. Perhaps in the few chance encounters they had, but otherwise the notebook was absent for those other scenes (eg XH and Riku, Riku and Kairi).

That Pluto going a corridor scene was supposed to happen during Sora's first visit to Traverse Town. It seemed to be heavily implied Pluto was following Mickey into the Dark Realm who had also left around the same time after making sure Sora arrived in TT safely. In fact I believe the point of that scene was to explain why Pluto was with Donald and Goofy upon arrival at Traverse Town, but then vanished for the rest of the game until the ending. He was with Mickey in the Dark Realm.

The problem with that is Mickey, in as far as we've seen, cannot create dark corridors. He can travel through them, but, in his own words, does that mean he "belongs to the dark realm"? I don't think so. Otherwise he could have opened a portal for them at the end of KH2 when Riku couldn't have.

Plain and simple, it must have been a dark being that opened the corridor. And the only dark being we've seen Pluto follow is Riku. Though, again, it wasn't necessarily Riku the one to open the Dark Corridor, but rather Maleficent. Moreover, I'm not even saying that Mickey didn't use that corridor, but that, at least, someone else made it.

We know that Mickey was in Traverse Town that day (based on coded dialogue) and that it was from there that he found a way into the Dark Realm (based on SAR). It does match up nicely.
But that question of the dark corridor looms. Additionally, when you see Mickey's reaction to Donald's question ("Do you remember seeing Pluto there?"), you'll note that he looks unfamiliar with it. He frowns with his hand to his cheek and thinks about it.
You'd figure that he would have remembered that, yeah, he found his way into the Dark Realm there and his own dog followed him.

I don't think it could have been Riku he was following because according to Final Mix Riku was waking up at HB right around the time Sora was at TT. I find it hard to believe he could have met Maleficent, been given the Soul Eater, learned his dark power and used a DC to head to TT in the short amount of time that Sora was there, and not approach him at all. Especially since also according to Coded, Riku left DI after Sora's battle with Darkside and Sora leaving. So Riku would have even less time. Riku doesn't approach Sora in TT until the 2nd visit which is a while into the game.

It does give a limited time frame, but there really is more time than you think for him to have done that. In fact, there's ample time, and you'll find it fits quite nicely.
Basically it's a question of whether or not Maleficent could have found Riku before Sora beat Guard Armor. And I think you'll agree that it's feasible. From there, it's just a matter of them going through a dark portal, seeing SDG, and going back. In fact:

Watch until the end. Maleficent finds Riku almost instantly.
Moreover, Riku wants to find Sora and Kairi there. So Maleficent will give him what he wants, at least part of it (seeing Sora). This explains why she says "It’s just as I told you. While you toiled away trying to find your dear friend, he quite simply replaced you with some new companions." They had talked about it earlier.

And, of course, Maleficent very likely already knew about Sora when she first met Riku. As we see in the cutscene after Sora beats the Guard Armor, the villains have been spying on him for an indefinite amount of time. You'll note too in that scene that Maleficent walks in at the last second, as if she had just come back from something (lending more credence to the idea that she let Riku see that Sora was safe, albeit for a short time).

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Could you hook me up with a link to where you got the translation for that particular scene where she talks about the Journal's Memories?

Chris211

Maybe Riku saw something of importance in his time in the RoD but did not think or know it to be significant until DiZ/AtW while converting Riku's memories into data, noticed it and thus put it inside Sora because he know that the "something" Riku saw could help Sora in the future. Its a shot in the dark but who knows?

R

Rooster Cogburn

Bravo Grass.
This theory is great and flawless.

I have a feeling your theory will play a major part in later games.
This makes me excited for KH3D.

Caxm

I have an Idea on how Sora got his memories....... They have something in common. Sora and Riku

Castle Oblivion

They both went through their past. Sora forgot and Riku remembered. Mabey something happend that to Rikus memories during
----------------------------------------------
Another theory is that they aren't riku's memories. They are copies that were put in RepliRiku. When he was destroyed his memories may have went inside Xion. Which would explane her weird dream were she turns from Roxas to Xion to Riku then Sora in the middle of Riku's memory where he talks to Zexion. It would also explane why the notebook entity looked like Riku.

To me the second one makes more scents, but it could be a combo of both..........my head hurts

Maybe Riku saw something of importance in his time in the RoD but did not think or know it to be significant until DiZ/AtW while converting Riku's memories into data, noticed it and thus put it inside Sora because he know that the "something" Riku saw could help Sora in the future. Its a shot in the dark but who knows?

Right. Heres another thought. Ansem says "I hide my research data inside him" I think your on to something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back