• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Revelation on Riku's Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSailorEarth

By Jove, Grass you've got it! This whole time I've chocked up that 358/2 Days scene into Xion taking Riku's form because he was a strong memory of Sora's, like Kairi's.

And maybe your theory has stumbled onto something bigger. Look; you've gone back through all the games and quite literally done what the secret ending instructed us to do, Reconnect: Kingdom Hearts (as in the series, not the object). Maybe through the memories of Riku, the data in Sora, and Mickey's time in the Dark Realm Nomura is trying to open up to not only how Xehanort will end, but what he intends to take his place.

I think your theory may have quite a bit of footing in the future, and would be more plausible if Nomura had given us that "period of the King's absence" he promised (3 D's anybody?). and now I have to wonder if the letter Pluto had at the beginning of the first game will have significance, like maybe it wasn't meant for Sora, but someone else like Riku?

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Another theory is that they aren't riku's memories. They are copies that were put in RepliRiku. When he was destroyed his memories may have went inside Xion. Which would explane her weird dream were she turns from Roxas to Xion to Riku then Sora in the middle of Riku's memory where he talks to Zexion. It would also explane why the notebook entity looked like Riku.

[video=youtube;kpB5Bn7FxY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpB5Bn7FxY8[/video]

I like your idea on how Sora could get Riku's memories. Repliku was wondering where his heart would go. What if his heart connected to Sora's right when he died, similar to how Ven's heart connected to Sora's once Vanitas was gone.

It seems what she actually said was that the Journal had it's own memories, because it was linked to all of their memories. Not just Sora's.
If the case is that it is linked to everyone's memories, than it showing Riku's own memories could just be because it's connected to Riku's memories as well. If that's the case, then Sora may not have any memories of Riku's in him at all.

Actual Sora. When Nami rejoined with Kairi at the end of KH2, Sora regained his memories of CO.

And yet you are so quick to label Coded as filler. Ugh.
You're an example of the kind of people who determine's a game's entire worth by its end reveal. >.>

when was it said that Sora regained his memories of CO after namine' rejoined with Kairi? I haven't seen that anywhere. not tht i dont believe u, i just havent heard tht before.

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
Wow, this theory has really opened up a lot of possiblities for the future, and it kind of makes sense that Sora has Riku's memories. Say Grass, can I use some of this theory in one I'm developing? There seems to be more to this than meets the eye, and you might have stumbled upon something greater than you realized?

On another note...

Sort of off topic, but he can enter others' hearts.
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories R/R - The Death Of Lexaeus D:

That's what I was talking about.

With that being said, Mickey is in your heart right now, watching you fap.

Kids, don't go to Disneyworld or a giant mouse is going to rip out his heart and possess your bodies!

That part of this thead made me lol! :D

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This theory is utter EPIC-ness. Plus it finally gives some spot-light on the epic-ness of Riku. I'm actually looking forward to playing Re:Coded and more so KH3D

Caxm

I agree on the epicness! It makes alot of scents and it would give Numora another reason to make a new game

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I agree on the epicness! It makes alot of scents and it would give Numora another reason to make a new game

lol scents

and I like the theory grass, but I doubt Nomura could come up with this.

So since Nomura said we'll be going to new worlds in KH3D, does that mean that Riku traveled to other worlds during KH1, besides the ones that were in the game? He could have been searching for princesses or just leading the heartless, so its possible; but it seemed to be implied tht the other worlds had already fallen to darkness since their keyholes weren't sealed. As long as its not another rehash of worlds Sora's already been to. I mean, coded and CoM are great but it gets old. I would rather them rehash KH2 worlds or more so BBS!

But what about the twilight thorn? Did Riku ever see a nobody before CoM? Maybe he has memories of Riku all the way up to the point of when Roxas and Xion remerged with Sora, and not just from KH1. (Since the worlds were all restored after KH1, it would make more sense that he would go to new worlds, and since he knew of the nobodies existence.)

Allister Rose

French Lover
well the way i see it. this is most likely data hidden inside sora.

i know it's just a tech demo but dozen's of sora's raining? plus in kh1 outfits. sounds like similar pace of coded's

well the way i see it. this is most likely data hidden inside sora.

i know it's just a tech demo but dozen's of sora's raining? plus in kh1 outfits. sounds like similar pace of coded's

I think, if Sora does have Riku's memories, it won't be as huge a deal as everyone thinks it is. Yes, it will be important, but the main object of this game should be finding the data within Sora's heart. Maybe there are original data worlds that AtW encoded for Sora and Riku to explore in this game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I think, if Sora does have Riku's memories, it won't be as huge a deal as everyone thinks it is. Yes, it will be important, but the main object of this game should be finding the data within Sora's heart. Maybe there are original data worlds that AtW encoded for Sora and Riku to explore in this game.

I thinkso too. the game will probably be another filler only to answer coded. Afterward we won't hear of it again in kh3

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I hope it isn't a filler cuz that means I'll be buying a 3DS for a filler KH game which would be a big no no to my wallet.

Awards
For a while I've been trying to think of a reason behind this theory. If the data in Sora is comprised in part of Riku's memories, then what is it about Riku that could help save those in torment? I've got one idea in mind, and it has to do with another theory of mine:

http://forums.khinsider.com/spoilers/146748-seeds-have-been-planted.html

(read the op in there before proceeding)

Riku has (or rather had) Vanitas' heart inside him. I know this doesn't sound all too appealing, but there are a few reasons why it adds up.
First, as I said in that topic, I think MX could have deduced that Ven's heart was connected to Sora. He wouldn't have attributed his recovery of the keyblade to some act of providence, I'm sure, and he could undoubtedly sense a change in Ven's heart as well. So, by connecting Vanitas to Riku's heart as Ven was to Sora's heart, he could ensure that the X-Blade could be created in the future should it fail the first time Ven and Vanitas tried to fuse.

But there's another reason why it fits, and it has to do with timing.
Check out this line of events:

1. Terra picks Riku to be his successor.
2. Terra goes to save Ven from Eraqus, transporting him on Destiny Island.
3. On Destiny Island, Ven meets Vanitas (who was there before him).

Question: What was Vanitas doing on Destiny Islands? Surely he couldn't have known that Terra would save Ven and transport him there. Vanitas had to be doing something. But what? Again, these events happen back-to-back. In other words, Vanitas went to Destiny Island directly after Terra chose Riku to wield the keyblade. Coincidence?

If Aqua could sense that Riku was chosen, so could Vanitas. And going back to the idea that MX and Vanitas knew about Sora's connection to Ven, I think Vanitas saw the perfect chance for his own fail safe back up plan.
I was always surprised at how Aqua noted that Riku's heart was filled with light. For some reason I thought he would be like Terra, naturally inclined to have a bit more darkness. Instead, he was light in the beginning, but Vanitas' darkness twisted him over the years, accounting for the change Kairi senses in him (hence why she tells Sora to never change). It also explains, obviously, Riku's dark suit. I know people chalk it up to being a coincidence, a rehashed design, but, really, there are only two occurrences of the suit in the series (Vanitas and Riku). Given Nomura's tendency for connections via physical appearances, there really ought to be some sort of reason for why the suits look so similar. And, after all, we already know that when Vanitas goes into another's heart, they aquire the suit- just look at Ven (in the scene where he has his armor on, but it melts into the dark suit). Riku's suit is slightly different for a potential variety of reasons, but I think that fits nicely.

But where am I going with this? Vanitas is inside Riku, so what?
This is where DiZ comes into play:

If I explore Xehanort's heart with psychological tests, I may be able to recall the past locked away within.
Darkness...Darkness of the heart. How is it born? How does it come to affect us so?

He wanted to find out about Xehanort's past via his tests and research the darkness of the heart. Knowing this, would Riku not be the perfect sample? He's got an abundance of darkness which he somehow managed to control (for the most part), AND he's harboring Xehanort's heart.
So, I think Riku may have been the subject of some testing. And what DiZ found was entirely unexpected.

Instead of just finding out about Xehanort's past, he found Vanitas' memories in there as well. Coupling that with Namine's discovery in Sora, I think he may have put the pieces together. He realized that Sora and Riku were harboring the two halves of another being, Ven.
Knowing this, he decided to put his device to good use- the Heart Encoder.

He extracted the portion within Riku that was comprised of Vanitas' heart by converting it into data, and he placed that data into Sora. However, this had an unforeseen side effect: Vanitas' heart was so deeply ingrained in Riku's that by extricating it, some memories of Riku had come out as well since they latched on. Now Sora has the two pieces of the puzzle in his heart. DiZ left the rest up to him, hoping that he could find a way to put them together.

One question you may be asking is why, if DiZ could do this, didn't he just extract Xehanort's heart as well and save Riku all that trouble? And there's a simple answer, best put by Riku himself:

This battle isn't over. And until it is, I still need the power of
darkness.

Just like how he chose to fight Ansem rather than lock him away when Namine gave him the choice, Riku chose to keep Ansem in his heart rather than extract him. He would need the power of darkness in order to bring back Roxas.
Interestingly, this theory entails that Riku knows about the data in Sora. And that's a distinct possibility.
Note that when SRK are reading the King's letter, Riku has a knowing smile, as if he expected this to happen.
And there's another hint. Before AtW went kablooey, one of his last words was, "Riku, you know what to do!"

What DOES Riku know? When you think about it, addressing Riku there was awfully peculiar. I think they all knew they had to stop Xemnas at that point, so he had to be talking about something else.

So that's it. That's my best shot at the moment.
As for why restoring Ven's heart would help save those in torment, it has to do with the X-Blade. By fusing these two halves once more, the X-Blade could be created. In that case, Sora would be the owner, and I'm sure he could use it to "Open the door"...

Oh, and if this is true, I think it's a strong indicator that the main antagonist in KH3D is Vanitas (assuming that KH3D is what I speculated it to be).

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
If Vanitas is connected to Riku like Ventus is to Sora then why would Vanitas look like Sora as opposed to Riku? Nomura even points this out in the Ultimania, that, had Riku been the one connected to them, Vanitas would have looked like him instead of Sora. But he doesn't. He looks like Sora, so wouldn't that imply that Riku -wasn't- connected to Vanitas?

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Then how do you explain that Riku and Vanitas have the same armor, stance, and weapon? I seriously think that Vanitas is somehow connected to Riku and Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back