• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Development Leak

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Man i mean we need to give Nomura More time to work on Kingdom Hearts III i mean we can't have just 5 Playable Worlds and a Incomplete Story i mean they need more time

there is not way there would only be 5 playable worlds. What makes you think that? If memory serves me right, Nomura wanted KH3 to have more worlds than KH2.

Cut content does not mean 10 worlds being cut. if anything its 1-2 wolrds max and some boss fights. based on previous cut content of other KH games.

horto12485

Awards
there is not way there would only be 5 playable worlds. What makes you think that? If memory serves me right, Nomura wanted KH3 to have more worlds than KH2.

Cut content does not mean 10 worlds being cut. if anything its 1-2 wolrds max and some boss fights. based on previous cut content of other KH games.

Well i think Jose Alamo maybe wrong the Leaks are not real we are not sure but i was hoping we don't get DLC Worlds if we do then it'll mess up the Progress of Development.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Cut content is normal and all that but i just hope any potential cut worlds aren't something i'm really looking forward too.

Like sorry jungle book you gotta take it for the team and show up in another KH game.

Your time isn't now!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
While most of this I kinda already figured (cut content and such), Im honestly a little shooken that he said it will be released in 2018 regardless if its finished. I was honestly expecting 2019 release no joke. But since there aren't any real official confirmations of this information yet, i think I'll hold my breath.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I mean, here's the thing, there IS an internal release window, probably date at this point, that the devs are working toward.

Given the scope of KH3 and all of the new things the team have to do and what we know about development and them recreating assets it's not surprising that they've been holding off on showing anything and that Nomura is a known perfectionist all but confirms a lot of this, regardless.

So yeah, a lot of this is going to end up being true just because that's how the team is and that's how development is. If worlds are cut, they won't be fully built or carved out. Things get cut at various points in development, and KH3's already had its initial world audit, so, if something's getting cut at this point it's because it needs to go.

notnow123487

Awards
I'm curious no ones mentioned the supposed trailer from last April. Was this supposed to be a trailer for E3 or were they going to release it in April? Why were they obsessed with it. Were they obsessed with how good of a trailer it was or were they obsessed with trying to make a showable trailer and they just weren't getting there. It sounds like there's been several instances where they had plans to show off the game and they just couldn't get it together in time and by the time it would be ready to show off at a different event, what they had put together had already become outdated with current state of the game so they just don't show it. Idk this game just has such a weird development cycle. I hope it comes together, it sounds like this team is sacrificing their lives to get this game out. The Spanish guy added on that it doesn't sound like a FFXV problem where they're just going to cut massive chunks of the game last minute (aka the last year of development of that game) so that's a relief.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Just shove all the cut content into a season pass called Final Mix. There, problem sorted. It's more cost efficient than buying Kingdom Hearts III again.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
If it turns out they removed Treasure Planet I'm gonna laugh my head off.

If they're going to cut anything out, I think it's the more obscure Disney properties, or the more recent ones. For instance, a Moana world is more likely to be cut out than Treasure Planet because the former movie was released later in the development cycle.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm curious no ones mentioned the supposed trailer from last April.
This is something that confuses me. A trailer for March makes sense as it was the 15th anniversary. A trailer for April, amidst the Union X March/April launch between Japan and Global makes little sense.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
This is something that confuses me. A trailer for March makes sense as it was the 15th anniversary. A trailer for April, amidst the Union X March/April launch between Japan and Global makes little sense.
maybe they did wanted the trailer for the anniverstiy but didn't have time to get it ready to show which is why it was moved to april but nomura forgot about union x launch in april which is why it going to be show at e3

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

It kinda makes me think that they wanted to have an event sorta like FF XV did.

Cactuar

^ I don't think that KH would be justified in having an event like uncovered. Very few games would be, but FFXV was years in development, and had an anime, movie, etc to announce to go along with the game.

But ahhh yes the best time of year before E3 when the rumors and speculation start that make us all go crazy. As many people have pointed out though, his tweets aren't really specific enough to cause us worry I think. He's pretty much just describing the realities of game development, i.e. game teams have internal release dates that they want to/need to make based on budgets and other factors, games have many ideas that can't all possibly be implemented so they have to be cut (whether for time constraints, maybe it doesn't quite work as intended once actually implemented, or whatever reason it might be). A trailer at E3 seems pretty likely since SE can also be like "buy 1.5+2.5 to catch up! Yay!"

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Hm...thinking about E3, it would make sense for KH3 to show up, due to the pattern that happened in the last four years.

E3 2013 had KH3, E3 2014 had 2.5, 2015 was once again KH3's shine time, then 2016 was 2.8. Since both 2.8 and 1.5+2.5 are out of the way, the pattern can end with KH3 and E3 2017.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I have a new leak:

in kh3, Sora will be able to spin his keyblade very quickly in his hand, and Donald will be very impressed with it and say "Well gee, Sora, that's pretty good spinning there.." and Sora will quickly say "Oh ya???" and Donald won't know how to respond

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i have had a bit of a leaking problem and my doctor has given me the number, "three", so this is probabaly important and related

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I have a new leak:

in kh3, Sora will be able to spin his keyblade very quickly in his hand, and Donald will be very impressed with it and say "Well gee, Sora, that's pretty good spinning there.." and Sora will quickly say "Oh ya???" and Donald won't know how to respond

i have had a bit of a leaking problem and my doctor has given me the number, "three", so this is probabaly important and related

Guys, there's spreading leaks, and then there's just breaking non-disclosure agreements that can negatively impact the game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It's no coincidence I was just watching Kingdom Hearts videos during the beginning of the week.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I have serious doubts that SE would actually release KH3 even if it wasn't finished. Do we really have to go over why releasing an incomplete product is a bad idea? It's more likely that KH3 would just have cut content... which, as this entire thread has pointed out, isn't anything new for the KH series of video game development in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back