• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Development Leak

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I had suspected we'd be getting news at E3 for a while..so much so I've been using a little Windows app that is a countdown timer to keep track of how long before. (As of today (May 10, 2017) we got 34 days before the first day of E3!)

As for the release date; I'm hoping it's just cut content and we'll see it next year. I've been bettin' on next year for a while.

notnow123487

Awards
I have serious doubts that SE would actually release KH3 even if it wasn't finished. Do we really have to go over why releasing an incomplete product is a bad idea? It's more likely that KH3 would just have cut content... which, as this entire thread has pointed out, isn't anything new for the KH series of video game development in general.

They did it with FFXV lol.

horto12485

Awards
Why would People want KH3 to come out Already if the Game's Not Finished and want to make DLC content i don't want that nuh uh i don't want a Final Mix version of KH3 with DLC i just want Kingdom Hearts III to be in it's Normal state and still in development.

Knuxpyro56

They did it with FFXV lol.

Yes but this is a game that is containing characters that are owned by a Multi Billion dollar company, who are now more careful on how their IP is handled. These days Disney doesn't want a dud in anything whether its Film, TV, Theme Parks, and yes even Video Games (dont forget they still license). If there is franchise potential, they will use all its power to make it a franchise.

Precursor Mar

Yes but this is a game that is containing characters that are owned by a Multi Billion dollar company, who are now more careful on how their IP is handled. These days Disney doesn't want a dud in anything whether its Film, TV, Theme Parks, and yes even Video Games (dont forget they still license). If there is franchise potential, they will use all its power to make it a franchise.

How does that make Disney different than any other video game publisher out there?
They know KH3 will sell whether it's finished or not. There's no reason to believe that they're going to wait until the game's "done".

Sonicfan2525

Awards
Yeah I think people REALLY misinterpreted the "cut content" bit of the rumor. I think it's obvious that he didn't mean that the game would release broken and buggy if absolutely necessary. He meant that any unfinished extra content would be cut to meet the 2018 deadline. Almost every single KH game has had this happen. Actually, many (if not all) games do this to some degree. Some content gets added back in via the remakes and Final Mix games, and sometimes things don't get added back in (Buzz and Woody in KH2, Jungle Book and Pleakley in BBS, etc.). Given Nomura's track record with his game releases, I highly doubt that he would be okay with a project he is overseeing releasing broken and unplayable.

That said, this guy has at least a little credibility when it comes to rumors. These rumors make sense and I do hope that the 2018 release date does turn out to be true. E3 season brings in so many ridiculous rumors and "leaks", but I have faith in these. It's just important that we take them with a grain of salt and don't treat them as fact.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Even if these rumors are to be taken as true, the source himself went back and clarified that the "cut content" and "The game will be released in 2018 even if unfinished" comments were not meant to be taken as "KH3 is being rushed". He specifically stated that that is not the case and that KH3 is not in the same boat as FFXV where higher-ups are demanding the game be released and the team is having to release the game before it's ready.

It's meant to be taken as "They're shooting for 2018 and they're trying to get as much in there as they can, but if they can't get it done before the deadline, then it'll have to be cut from the initial release" which is something that game developers do all the time. Hell, that's not even unique to videogames. It's part of the creative process. You have lots of ideas, but not all of them come to fruition in the end.

Knuxpyro56

Thing is that games will always have cut content, everyone should know that. But the problem is that since this is Kingdom Hearts 3 and the last bit of real news was a trailer back of December of 2015, and they hear of this "leak" and people will flail their arms like Kermit the Frog and enter panic mode. Then people start to make comparisons with other titles (this case FF15) and their little brains think it will end up like exactly like the last title.

Then you have gaming news outlets who will twists the words of what leakers say to make it sound more dire than what it actually is. And they won't update the story if the leaker clarifies anything since that wont bring in the audience the news outlets want.

This is the reason why rumors and leaks really annoy me.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
How does that make Disney different than any other video game publisher out there?
They know KH3 will sell whether it's finished or not. There's no reason to believe that they're going to wait until the game's "done".

You say that, but this is the same corporation that has delayed Gigantic from March 2018 to December 2018 to December 2020. Pretty sure that time isn't really the concern as opposed to consumer interest. Personally, I feel that the marketing for Kingdom Hearts III is the biggest cockblock right now, delve into the reveal of two new Disney worlds and then go to a hiatus as if none of that ever happened. If you're going to get people excited for something, make that excitement consistent.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
You say that, but this is the same corporation that has delayed Gigantic from March 2018 to December 2018 to December 2020. Pretty sure that time isn't really the concern as opposed to consumer interest. Personally, I feel that the marketing for Kingdom Hearts III is the biggest cockblock right now, delve into the reveal of two new Disney worlds and then go to a hiatus as if none of that ever happened. If you're going to get people excited for something, make that excitement consistent.

I agree. You also can't forget that negative press, one bad, unfinished release can ruin an entire franchise these days. With so much high profile, quality content on the market, KH3 could have a bad launch and end up like Mass Effect.

Precursor Mar

This is also the same corporation that has happily published dozens of mediocre licensed games in the past and has turned Marvel and Star Wars into yearly release franchises.

I agree. You also can't forget that negative press, one bad, unfinished release can ruin an entire franchise these days. With so much high profile, quality content on the market, KH3 could have a bad launch and end up like Mass Effect.

...or it could end up like Devil May Cry 4, i.e the highest selling game in the franchise.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
t5p3tLWl.jpg

I've re-evaluated this picture, and it just dawned upon me... the release date was staring at us the whole time. I think these leaks are true now. The target release date is 28th March 2018 judging by this picture.

Muke

whatever
Awards
t5p3tLWl.jpg

I've re-evaluated this picture, and it just dawned upon me... the release date was staring at us the whole time. I think these leaks are true now. The target release date is 28th March 2018 judging by this picture.
Uhh, you do know that the 28th March was the day KH1 got released in Japan, right? The day this series started? And that's the reason it's on the picture?

Also, the 28th of March is a Wednesday, and up until now, no KH game got released on Wednesday, but typically on a Thursday, except for Days, which was a Saturday.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Uhh, you do know that the 28th March was the day KH1 got released in Japan, right? The day this series started? And that's the reason it's on the picture?

Also, the 28th of March is a Wednesday, and up until now, no KH game got released on Wednesday, but typically on a Thursday, except for Days, which was a Saturday.

It's a double meaning. I really don't think a difference within a day discredits this. For instance, the Kingdom Hearts X Anniversary Artwork had tributes to the numbered games alongside celebrating the anniversary of X.

Alongside this, March 28th was also the release date for Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix. Why would Kingdom Hearts III be the odd one out in the pattern?

Muke

whatever
Awards
Kingdom Hearts II's release date in Japan was December 22, 2005. 1.5 + 2.5's release date in Japan was March 9.
If you're already basing KH3's release date off of KH1's original, Japanese release date, at least do it consistently.

Just sounds too far-fetched. And, turning your question around:
If all games released on a Thursday, why would KH3 be the odd one out in the pattern?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Kingdom Hearts II's release date in Japan was December 22, 2005. 1.5 + 2.5's release date in Japan was March 9.
If you're already basing KH3's release date off of KH1's original, Japanese release date, at least do it consistently.

Just sounds too far-fetched. And, turning your question around:
If all games released on a Thursday, why would KH3 be the odd one out in the pattern?

The Square Enix CEO is stressing on international simultaneous releases, Jose is reporting a March release, the promotional image displayed 03/28 in a way that can be interpreted outside of the Kingdom Hearts 1 release anniversary. It doesn't sound far-fetched at all, matter of fact, it sounds reliable because the placement of release sounds reliable. March/April is Easter sales too so there's that to consider.

UltimaXOmega

LOL at thinking this game is 10 months away.
I'm very worried that KHIII will end up a trainwreck like FFXV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back