• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 3 Development Leak

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
KH3 will release 2019 because of difficulties while switching the engine, game development is going smoothly as of now, the series will continue after KH3. I know this because of sources.

So am I a leaker now if that's true

No, because there is a distinct difference, Jose's statement can be correlated with the corporate press release statements of Square Enix, your example statement can't.

I don't buy any leak I see, matter of fact, I'm the kind of person to dismiss leaks outright unless it falls in line with corporate trends and patterns, and Jose's leaks fall perfectly in line with said trends and patterns.

Sure, there's the easy argument of "coincidences", the release date for Kingdom Hearts III is 2018, that's an acceptable coincidence, Final Fantasy XV delayed the promotional scheduling of Kingdom Hearts III, that makes marketing sense, but if we see that the game is not going to be delayed beyond 2018, and Nomura starts talking about the future of Kingdom Hearts III beyond Kingdom Hearts III during this game's promotion, that's when the coincidences stop.

Muke, you have yet to prove Jose's leak as false. If you provide anything that can objectively prove that he was false then I won't believe in his leaks anymore. It's that simple.

Ven_Roxas

Awards
Wasn't it already proved false by the game not showing up at E3? I'm not saying all his leaks are false, im just saying we can't say they are true when one has already been shown to be false.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Sure, there's the easy argument of "coincidences", but if we see that the game is not going to be delayed beyond 2018, and Nomura starts talking about the future of Kingdom Hearts III beyond Kingdom Hearts III during this game's promotion, that's when the coincidences stop.

Not really..
As it has been said since page 1, all of these "leaks" are things essentially in the known for people who follows Square and Nomura's line of work put in a really vague manner.
Let's take a step back: it's not really about "proving Jose wrong", it's the fact that we already knew much of what he says.
I cannot prove someone telling our planet might not be the only one with life on it wrong, but it's not like he's saying anything astonishing.

Nomura interested in the future post KH III is something he himself already made clear and it falls in line with what is known of the man. If Nomura starts talking about the future of the franchise it will be doubly irrelevant, A because is already known, B because Jose didn't even say that in relation to anything, he said "Oh and Nomura is looking ahead" in a generic way, not linked with anything else.
Is not even coincidence, it's getting the obvious right. The most I can say about Jose is that he did his homeworks.

Listen, I'm not a Square intern, okay? I'm not a leaker either. But I am majoring in Linguistics, and I can guarantee that what Jose said hardly constitutes as information in the first place. It does not abide by Herbert Grice's conversational implicature, aka the test you can put a sentence through to see if it's informative and how much.

Maxim of Quantity: Information

• Make your contribution as informative as is required for the current purposes of the exchange.
  • Do not make your contribution more informative than is required.
Maxim of Quality: Truth

• Do not say what you believe to be false.
  • Do not say that for which you lack adequate evidence.
Maxim of Relation: Relevance

• Be relevant.
Maxim of Manner: Clarity ("be perspicuous")

• Avoid obscurity of expression.
  • Avoid ambiguity.
  • Be brief (avoid unnecessary prolixity).
  • Be orderly.

Now, these are "leaks" so I don't expect them to adhere to all the principles, but the sheer number of how many they don't adhere by speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Antar

Awards
Muke, you have yet to prove Jose's leak as false. If you provide anything that can objectively prove that he was false then I won't believe in his leaks anymore. It's that simple.

Haha, at the core, who even cares if you believe in the "leak" or not. You're free to believe whatever you like to.

And it's not our role to give evidence that someone's claim is wrong. Burden of proof lies on the leaker, and no it hasn't been proven.

But it really doesn't even matter much, it's a leak of all things. I care not if he's right or wrong, I'm still awaiting KH3 in 2018 as I was before! xD

ghostwarmen

Awards
Yeah... no it's not coming out in 2018. It's Squeenix we're talking about here.
Say what you will, but after that trailer and how good this game is looking and how most of the content shown seems to be final, this is looking to be a 2018 release.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm still on my 2018 train and not jumping off soon. I hope SE learned from FF XV and just doesn't show that much anymore even though there is more.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
If the d23 informations are "final" as they stated, late 2018 sounds feasible.
I agree Square leaves much to be desired, but catchphrases only get so far, it's not like we can use that to justify everything.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
don't be surprise if you see 2018 in the d23 trailer then

are-you-excited-to-play-kingdom-hearts-3-459864.gif

GochuJang

don't be surprise if you see 2018 in the d23 trailer then

No, I don't see that happening either. Even IF they for somehow say 2018 release, it'll be delayed to 2019 or 2020.

Say what you will, but after that trailer and how good this game is looking and how most of the content shown seems to be final, this is looking to be a 2018 release.

What trailer? The one that was shown 2few weeks ago? It's basically the same trailer with added gameplay from several years ago. What new information have they given to us? Nothing. What does it matter how good the game looks? They have shown only several sections of the game and you think that they're close to a 2018 release? Man you guys are too much.

It helps me sleep at night, okay? T~T

So how many nights had Square helped you to sleep? Square is a shell of its former glory days. I would put them as close to Konami in terms of not knowing what the hell they're doing. :S

Last edited:

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
No, I don't see that happening either. Even IF they for somehow say 2018 release, it'll be delayed to 2019 or 2020.

Okay, saying it WILL be delayed on the sole basis that it's Square is a bit silly.

What trailer? The one that was shown 2few weeks ago? It's basically the same trailer with added gameplay from several years ago.

Basically the same... really? Did I miss several previous trailers where Sora was inside a really good-looking palace and showing Second Form? Because those are definitely new factors.
I'd also object on the use of "several" here.

What new information have they given to us? Nothing.

So a game is ready depending on what we know about it?
Man, all those games I saw at E3 are definitely getting delayed up to 2-3 years then.

What does it matter how good the game looks?

I'd wager it has its relevance. The early KH III trailers showed fake gameplay and fake hp bars, and that was a clear indicator that the game was still in the makings.

They have shown only several sections of the game and you think that they're close to a 2018 release? Man you guys are too much.

I once again ponder how are the two things related. One of KH II's commercials was just a clip-show about cutscenes that was going so fast you could barely make out what was happening.
And that was a commercial for a finished game soon to be released. Again, "things they show to us" it's not a parameter of how actually ready the game is, or else there wouldn't be so many debates about how KH III0s development is in the first place.

So how many nights had Square helped you to sleep? Square is a shell of its former glory days. I would put them as close to Konami in terms of not knowing what the hell they're doing. :S

I'm starting to think this is somewhat a personal issue.
Okay, use the doll and show me where has Square touched you.

Last edited:

GochuJang

what makes you say that? it could very well come out next year which it will

Look at Square's recent track record of releasing trailers and actually releasing the game. Except mobile games and the remaster they did for 3DS/Steam, they haven't released a AAA title for a long time except FFXV. Unless you can point to me that they have.

Okay, saying it WILL be delayed on the sole basis that it's Square is a bit silly.

Their track record speaks for itself.

Basically the same... really? Did I miss several previous trailers where Sora was inside a really good-looking palace and showing Second Form? Because those are definitely new factors.
I'd also object on the use of "several" here.

Which I said they added several new gameplays but despite that it's the same thing rehashed over and over again.

So a game is ready depending on what we know about it?
Man, all those games I saw at E3 are definitely getting delayed up to 2-3 years then.

I'm talking about Square, not Activision, not ASW, not Ubisoft. Those companies didn't release trailers to hype the hell out of a game and make us wait 1 console generation later to release the said game. That's on Square.

I'd wager it has its relevance. The early KH III trailers showed fake gameplay and fake hp bars, and that was a clear indicator that the game was still in the makings.

Fake gameplay? LOL? Care to elaborate?

I once again ponder how are the two things related. One of KH II's commercials was just a clip-show about cutscenes that was going so fast you could barely make out what was happening.
And that was a commercial for a finished game soon to be released. Again, "things they show to us" it's not a parameter of how actually ready the game is, or else there wouldn't be so many debates about how KH III0s development is in the first place.

It's been rehashes of the same cutscenes and gameplay. Only recently have they shown us gameplay on Olympus. Then you can either deduce that the game is really short or they are not even 50% done with the game.

I'm starting to think this is somewhat a personal issue.
Okay, use the doll and show me where has Square touched you.

Not a personal issue at all. I was simply poking fun at Antar and the fact that Square is nowhere near the AAA title developing company as they were during the PS2-era. They need to stop releasing trailers for an unfinished games because hyping a game can only last so long.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
Fake gameplay? LOL? Care to elaborate?

It's been rehashes of the same cutscenes and gameplay. Only recently have they shown us gameplay on Olympus. Then you can either deduce that the game is really short or they are not even 50% done with the game.

Not a personal issue at all. I was simply poking fun at Antar and the fact that Square is nowhere near the AAA title developing company as they were during the PS2-era. They need to stop releasing trailers for an unfinished games because hyping a game can only last so long.
The D23 2013 trailer, E3 2015 trailer, and part of the Jump Festa trailer didn't have actual gameplay. The command menu was always Japanese and in the blue color, and the HP and MP bars didn't deplete. The gameplay was still being worked on at that point. However, the other part of the Jump Festa trailer, along with the Orchestra trailer, had a working command menu, shotlock, HP and MP bar, and shortcut menu. Also, the command menu is actually English when looking at the NA Orchestra trailer.

Also, rehashes of the same cutscenes and gameplay? Do you see the Xehanort and Eraqus cutscene in the Orchestra trailer? Do you see the locations from the Jump Festa and E3 2015 trailers in this trailer? I don't think so.

Antar

Awards
It's okay, I was only being light hearted :p
Square *have* been screwing up lately, but as long as I get my fix of their games, I won't go into withdrawal.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Honestly, showing the same world, with some new things, doesn't mean they haven't progressed with the game, nor, to an extreme, are stuck in that single world. It just means that marketing suggested that action (for some reason). For all we now, the game could be 60% done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back