• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is Sora superior to Mickey as a keyblade warrior

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingheartless500

in terms of skills..... do you think Sora surpasses Mickey at the end of KH2.... or is mickey still a more powerful keyblade master then sora

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Well, the only thing we have to go on as to Sora's "skill level" would be when Xigbar says to Sora, "You aren't half the warrior the others were.", the other being Terra, Aqua and Ventus.

We haven't really seen Mickey giving everything he has in a fight (aside from when he lost to Vanitas in BBS, but that was more than 11 years before KH2) and we have with Sora. At the end of KH2 I would take a guess that they are probably about the same with Mickey possibly being a little stronger.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
At that point I think Mickey is still more skillful. He's been wielding for way longer than Sora and since he (and Riku) haven't been doing it "right", learning as they go along, they even have to forget everything they've learned and start over in DDD.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Yeah no. Isn't Mickey already a Keyblade Master? And he's had it for waaay longer.
Makes me wonder. Why the hell did they need Sora anyway when they had Mickey -___-

Awards
Yeah, I doubt it.

Of course, gameplay wise, Mickey isn't all too impressive compared to Sora, but what Yen Sid says implies that Sora isn't on Mickey's level yet, which would make sense.

Yeah no. Isn't Mickey already a Keyblade Master? And he's had it for waaay longer.
Makes me wonder. Why the hell did they need Sora anyway when they had Mickey -___-

Mickey was in the Dark Realm looking for the IKK, and someone needed to close the DtD from the outside.
At this point they probably need all the keyblade wielders they could find considering the "multiple Xehanorts" thing.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

For the KK. It's supposed to be spucial somehow. Riku sort of showed that Sora himself is replaceable to an extent.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I like to think that Mickey is still number one, considering he did save Sora's ass from nobodies when he woke up in KH2

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Mickey may not be as physically powerful than Sora, but Sora sure does surpass him in pure power after KH2. For God's sakes, he took down Xemnas with just Riku's help.

Ignoring the fact that Sora's the "Chosen One," If Mickey was in Sora's place, do you really think he could do much? Otherwise, he would've just engaged Xemnas himself. (We know he was in the Realm of Darkness, but he HAD to learn about Xemnas somehow......Though maybe DiZ enlightened him, who knows?) He knew he couldn't do it and left the task to Sora to combat Xemnas.

Since everybody keeps mentioning this scene, I thought I'd throw in my two cents:

The Nobody scene was due to the fact that Sora
a)Was not used to fighting Nobodies at the time.
b) He was asleep for pretty much a year If I have my timelines right. That's not a "Grab a cup of coffee and shrug it off" situation; He was still getting awake, I'm sure. (Imagine how a year-old hangover must feel...O_O)
c) Add the fact that Nobodys are more powerful than Heartless.....
d) Mickey's time during 358/2 Days is not explained, though it can be assumed he fought a few Nobodies, as he dispatched those Dusks with relative ease. (Plus, Mickey was at full strength while Sora was damn near exausted)

In terms of pure skill, I'd say the two were tied. Mickey may be able to use Light Magic while swing his sword, but Sora has Magic, Summons, the works. Maybe it's just the way it's presented, but the two have the same skills, just in different areas.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The Keyblade chose Sora, Mickey chose the Keyblade. Mickey had years of training, Sora just got the Keyblade and started offing multiple incarnations of Xehanort, their skill is unknown, they may be very close, but they may be completely different in strength.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
not at all mickeys bee weildin the keyblade before sora knew his abc's

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Mickey has over 10 years of experience with the Keyblade. His is ordained a Keyblade Master and trained under the "Sorcerer Supreme" Master Yen Sid. Pit that against a 5 year-old boy from the islands who's had the Keyblade for all of two years. Not saying that what Sora has done isn't impressive but when it comes to skills and knowledge of the Keyblade and battle experience Mickey wins out.

riku911

Hellll no. By rankings it should be:

Mickey > Riku > Sora; I'm sure most people will agree just due to the basic fact that Riku has overcome the power of darkness and can use both light and dark as weapons, while Sora can only use his twilight sparkle attacks.

i.E - Sora never traveled through the RoD like Riku/Mickey/Aqua, oh shit forgot Aqua, *Throws Sora another rank down*.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Mickey's got corporate protection. Disney would veto him getting beaten up. Sora on the other hand ain't so lucky.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Sora combines his back alley sword play he got from playing with toy swords growing up, with stuff he picked up on the fly throughout his KH-KH2 campaign. Sora's proficiency with the weapon is unrefined, however, due to grand experiences that forced him to adapt or else, he isn't entirely unskilled.

I give it to Mickey of course. Gameplay feats are not entirely a clear canon representation of skill level. Like others have said, Mickey not only was in perilous adventures for many years longer, he also was given a proper method for developing a more proficient Keyblade handle.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
Definitely Mickey.....for now.
Has anyone played as mickey in KH2 when you lose too much against bosses? (they give you the chance to play as mickey to restore Sora for those who didn't know) and all I can say is Mickey was BALLIN'. He flies all over the place and a few shots from his keyblade can decrease the boss' health ALOT.Combine that with rapid-fast attacks, he was a completely different experience than when I was playing as Sora(you felt like you were truly playing as a keyblade master).
Now all of that was mid-KH2, so I'm not sure where Sora weigh's in comparison to Mickey at this point.But as all of the above guys said ;mickey has alot more experience than sora.

when Xigbar says to Sora, "You aren't half the warrior the others were.", the other being Terra, Aqua and Ventus.
I always wondered about that line,seeming how sora beat Xigbar easily compared to when Aqua was fighting him 10 ago(Xigbar must've gotten more powerful during those years)

Megavoltage

Awards
I always wondered about that line,seeming how sora beat Xigbar easily compared to when Aqua was fighting him 10 ago(Xigbar must've gotten more powerful during those years)
Aqua and Terra both defeated Braig in one-on-one fights along with Terra permanently scarring Braig's face. So I guess "the others" left a bigger impression on him compared to Sora who fought Xigbar in a three-on-one fight with Donald and Goofy helping out.
Or Xigbar was just trying to mess with Sora's head and didn't really mean what he said.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
I have always thought as Mickey being stronger than Sora but you know now that you mention it, it was Sora and Riku who defeated Xemnas at the end of KH2 not Mickey.
But you have to take in account of what Mickey has done too. He and Riku were sealed behind the door and only Riku Succumbed to the darkness (out of love to help his friend n'awwww), Mickey however didn't.
That is pretty strong.
You know what would be weird: Heartless and Nobody Mickey's..... <--- a whole different topic O_O

So yeah, one could define them equal in heart, strength and skill.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Who is to say Mickey couldn't have put up a good fight against Xemnas? Thinking Xemnas was defeated, Mickey and the rest of the gang plunged into a corridor of darkness, it closed off, disallowing Mickey from helping Sora and Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back