• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is Sora superior to Mickey as a keyblade warrior

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Eh, no.
Mickey has only gone all out in BBS and that was a fair while before KH1 or KH2, he obviously got better.
In KH2 if Sora loses to Xaldin Mickey takes over, saving Sora's life. Mickey>Sora

Number Zero

Aqua and Terra both defeated Braig in one-on-one fights along with Terra permanently scarring Braig's face. So I guess "the others" left a bigger impression on him compared to Sora who fought Xigbar in a three-on-one fight with Donald and Goofy helping out.
Or Xigbar was just trying to mess with Sora's head and didn't really mean what he said.

Eh, fortunately/hopefully come KH3DDD Sora and Riku will become STRONGER than ATV and the question as to whether or not they're 'half the heroes' won't be an issue anymore. Possibly...Then Braig won't get to badmouth Sora about being bad with the Keyblade. Looking at Sora's gameplay video, his form looks like it's gotten better.

I'm certainly hoping they recieve powerful spells comparable to the original trio. Riku, I want to become as powerful as he can get. It's always been Soul Eater, seeing him use spells like Blizzard and Cure will be refreshing.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Maybe in raw power, but in skill hell no. In the novels It's said that Mickey and Xemnas were evenly matched. So if Sora Riku, and Riku teamed up Xemnas would lose spectacuarly.

Number Zero

Maybe in raw power, but in skill hell no. In the novels It's said that Mickey and Xemnas were evenly matched. So if Sora Riku, and Riku teamed up Xemnas would lose spectacuarly.

I figured that was the whole point of their being reset in 3DDD, so that they could back up that raw power WITH skill. They should be able to learn those advanced techniques in no time considering who we're talking about...

Anyway, I have to agree about Mickey being extremely powerful. I was thinking maybe he fought Xemnas when he disappeared after him in that portal but Xemnas managed to get away.

On a side note how is it he can project himself out of the RoD to talk to Riku yet Aqua can't do that to ask for help from somebody?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
On a side note how is it he can project himself out of the RoD to talk to Riku yet Aqua can't do that to ask for help from somebody?

Easy, Mickey and Riku travelled together in the RoD for a time and they also share a close connection.

Aqua hasn't anyone capable of that anymore after BBS => Eraqus has disappeared, Ventus injured and in a coma and Terra possessed by Xehanort.
Although she might have had contact with Xemnas during the time of Days and KH2 when he was in the chamber of Repose where her armor is.
All that is just speculation on still unresolved mysteries though and should not be taken for true yet.

---

On topic:
Sora superior to Mickey, a true keyblade master?
To say it with Shantotto's words: "A marvelous joke!"

Number Zero

Easy, Mickey and Riku travelled together in the RoD for a time and they also share a close connection.

Aqua hasn't anyone capable of that anymore after BBS => Eraqus has disappeared, Ventus injured and in a coma and Terra possessed by Xehanort.
Although she might have had contact with Xemnas during the time of Days and KH2 when he was in the chamber of Repose where her armor is.
All that is just speculation on still unresolved mysteries though and should not be taken for true yet.

---

On topic:
Sora superior to Mickey, a true keyblade master?
To say it with Shantotto's words: "A marvelous joke!"

So she'd pass up an opportunity to call Mickey or Yen Sid to talk to the same psycho who put her in that position to begin with? Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. She's supposed to be a good judge of character, the only words she should say to Xemnas are "I'll never help you" or something like that.

Then again I don't really think Aqua considers Mickey or Yen Sid friends....

See, that's one of the flaws with ATV, they feel they can only consider themselves friends, they don't really trust anybody else. Whenver they say friends it means 'Terra and Aqua' or 'Terra and Ven' or 'Aqua and Ven'. Which is why they disappeared for 11 years in the first place and why they were forgotten for the most part except by Yen Sid, Mickey and Braig/Xigbar.

Hopefully they'll consider Sora, Riku and Kairi friends, that should be reward enough for them saving ATV's hides.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
So she'd pass up an opportunity to call Mickey or Yen Sid to talk to the same psycho who put her in that position to begin with? Yeah, that doesn't make much sense. She's supposed to be a good judge of character, the only words she should say to Xemnas are "I'll never help you" or something like that.

You're judging way too fast.
We don't know anything that transpired in the RoD during those years yet.
Also, read my post carefully again...Aqua cannot just "contact" Mickey or Yen Sid...Mickey could keep in contact with Riku because they were once together in the RoD and Mickey also has a close bond with Riku.
Xemnas also did not put Aqua in that position, it was Xehanort who did. Xemnas =/= Xehanort.
And who say that Aqua was the one who made first contact? Xemnas used the chamber of repose frequently and Xigbar said apparently someone was answering him once.
Xemnas is rumored to have some memories of Terra and if you recall Kingdom Hearts 2 Xemnas is a marvelous actor.
Furthermore Aqua doesn't know what a nobody is and therefore it is quite possible she talked with Xemnas somehow.

That's one of the flaws with ATV they feel they can only consider themselves friends, they don't really trust anybody else. Which is why the disappeared for 11 years in the first place and why they were forgotten for the most part except by Yen Sid, Mickey and Braig/Xigbar.
If you really think that you haven't paid enough attention in BBS...when Aqua pulls out her Wayfinder in the RoD during the ending of Final Episode it first shows Ven, Terra (her best friends), then Eraqus and then a horde of Disney characters and Zack from FF.
It's just the fact you cannot get out of the RoD that easily...not even Riku and Mickey could do that.

The reason they disappeared for 11 years is more than anything because of Xehanort's machinations which in the end (at least in Ven's case) didn't leave them any chance.

Zul

Awards
You're judging way too fast.
We don't know anything that transpired in the RoD during those years yet.
Also, read my post carefully again...Aqua cannot just "contact" Mickey or Yen Sid...Mickey could keep in contact with Riku because they were once together in the RoD and Mickey also has a close bond with Riku.
Xemnas also did not put Aqua in that position, it was Xehanort who did. Xemnas =/= Xehanort.
And who say that Aqua was the one who made first contact? Xemnas used the chamber of repose frequently and Xigbar said apparently someone was answering him once.
Xemnas is rumored to have some memories of Terra and if you recall Kingdom Hearts 2 Xemnas is a marvelous actor.
Furthermore Aqua doesn't know what a nobody is and therefore it is quite possible she talked with Xemnas somehow.

I've always felt that her armor acted as a sentiment, in the same way Terra's did, albeit weaker. I don't think the armor was able to move, but Xemnas may have heard things about Terra and Xehanort and tried to pry more information, but was unable to get any.

Speculation of course, but we did have confirmation of another voice speaking to Xemnas, like you said.

Mister E

If we're going by how superior they are with regard to current canon, then it's Mickey, without a doubt. He's trained for at least 10 years and retrieved the RoD's Kingdom Key presumably all by himself, it's a safe assumption that he's VERY proficient.

That said, I believe it's also safe to say that Sora's being built up as THE Keyblade warrior, the one to top all others; he's just not unlocked his true potential yet, which is why Yen Sid wants him to take the MoM examination in DDD I presume.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
soar has to be a master now becuase of the situation otherwise he not msture enough or truly ready mickey did god know how much training under a master and completed his test

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
soar has to be a master now becuase of the situation otherwise he not msture enough or truly ready mickey did god know how much training under a master and completed his test

Being a Master has nothing to do with maturity.

Ronove

GOD TIER: Mickey, Xehanort

GREAT TIER: Ventus, Terra

GOOD TIER: Sora, Riku, Roxas

MEH TIER: Kairi, Xion

?????? Tier: Aqua

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wouldn't it be more accurate for Aqua and Terra to be on the same level and for Ven to be lowered to Sora's?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
GOD TIER: Mickey, Xehanort

GREAT TIER: Ventus, Terra

GOOD TIER: Sora, Riku, Roxas

MEH TIER: Kairi, Xion

?????? Tier: Aqua

umm.....

God Tier: Xehanort, Eraqus, Yen Sid

Great Tier: Mickey, Aqua, ,Terra, Riku (?), Roxas (only saying this because he had the power of two Keyblade Masters in him), otherwise he'd be on the

Good Tier: Ventus, Sora, Xion (since she absorbed Sora's memories, it follows that they're around the same level)

Meh Tier: Kairi

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Indeed it would.
Ventus is most proficient in the fields of agility, speed and surely strong light as well as wind magic.
Yet he has also the handicap that his single physical attacks don't do much damage, his range is shorter due to the shorter keyblade and he's weak physically. If he can't play out his agility and speed he's in trouble...

I would say though that's also dependent on viewpoint and Ronove either seems not to know where to put Aqua yet or he leaves her out of competition.

For my opinion, I would rank them like this starting with the strongest:

1. Master Xehanort, Yen Sid (if he were active)
2. Mickey, Master Eraqus
3. Aqua, Terra
4. Riku, Vanitas, Sora, Roxas and Ventus
5. Xion
6. Kairi

I won't count Naminé since she hasn't shown anything yet ;P

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Indeed it would.
Ventus is most proficient in the fields of agility, speed and surely strong light as well as wind magic.
Yet he has also the handicap that his single physical attacks don't do much damage, his range is shorter due to the shorter keyblade and he's weak physically. If he can't play out his agility and speed he's in trouble...

I would say though that's also dependent on viewpoint and Ronove either seems not to know where to put Aqua yet or he leaves her out of competition.

For my opinion, I would rank them like this starting with the strongest:

1. Master Xehanort, Yen Sid (if he were active)
2. Mickey, Master Eraqus
3. Aqua, Terra
4. Riku, Vanitas, Sora, Roxas and Ventus
5. Xion
6. Kairi

I won't count Naminé since she hasn't shown anything yet ;P

Kairi shouldn't even be on that list. She doesn't know much about the Keyblade, nor how to use it. And that excludes swinging it around wildly.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
it was still passed on to her unknowingly by Aqua.
like it or not, she's a wielder.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Kairi shouldn't even be on that list. She doesn't know much about the Keyblade, nor how to use it. And that excludes swinging it around wildly.

She's still a potential wielder...that has to be counted as well if we rank keyblade wielders.

Why do you think I put her last, huh? Because in a real fight even Xion would own her badly...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back