• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you read roleplays in which you do not participate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

How roleplays have you read but not participated in?

• None

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • One or two

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Less than five

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • More than five

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Seeing as we already have a few threads that seek to elicit a general consensus from the roleplaying community across a few topics, I thought I'd throw in this poll to broaden the mix.

Some questions for discussion. How often do you read roleplays in which you neither participate nor plan to? What influences your decision to read a roleplay? The story? The cast? The quality of writing? Should roleplays be designed with a non-participating readership in mind? If so, how should we accomplish this?

I rarely read roleplays that I have no plans of participating in; in fact, to date there have only been two roleplays that I either have followed or am following still, and these were selected purely because of the cast and their seamless articulation. Allowing non-participating readers to comment and make suggestions in the out-of-character threads might make an interesting addition to the roleplay, but that depends on an active viewership which may or may not exist.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
I actually read other RPs if they're run by others, though sometimes I get lost because of the amount of posts that suddenly pop up after I stop at a certain point. I usually read anything from FF if I'm not in it, KH RPs if they hook me with the opening. Others really have to draw me to them, otherwise I pay no mind,

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I tend to skim over some other roleplays at times, mainly when there's someone I know in them, or if the story seems really interesting. I don't normally read all of it, because, well, that'd be very time-consuming when I just want to get to know the story, so I end up just following a few characters a lot of the time.

T'would be interesting to have the lurker-I mean, uh, readers of the roleplaying section to give some feedback. Because, it's one thing to have a group of folks writing something, it's another thing entirely to have a group of folks writing something that's fun to read. And it'd be nice to know [for those who are curious, anyway] what others think of some of these made-up stories. Not only for an ego boost but, it'd get some good criticism goin' as well.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Not at all. XD

I've skimmed a few entries once or twice, mostly for gathering information on legacy characters that I'm battling, I do love collecting data. But I've never read an entire roleplay that I wasn't myself a part of. It would steal most of the fun, in my opinion. Roleplays generally are lots of fun, but make terrible stories. The individual posts are so disconnected and contradicting, there is no real flow overall. Sometimes there can be, when the members cooperate seamlessly, but that is very rare and usually unintentional.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
Never read them.

I've tried it a few times, but it was never fun for me to read. I guess that it has to deal with the fact that to me, role plays are fun only when you participate. I bet that there are a few out there that are beyond epic, but they would just be bland to me. I can't really explain it, but that's how I see it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I've taken a look at a few from the past, to get an idea of what some roleplayers were like back in the 'legacy generation', or at least those who were sort of falling out of regular roleplaying by the time I came alone, people like Heresy and Morpheaus. Can't say I make any effort to read modern roleplays, though, there's just no incentive for me to have that added need to read and keep track of things on top of my own projects.

Scribbles

The Based Battletoad.
Website
spacejoyridin.tumblr.com
I've read through a couple roleplays. Typically ones that the 'big players' participated in just to see if I could learn anything. I've also been known to read through roleplays people joining my own have been in to see where their skill level is like, it offers something the template I've been given can't.

I've never been an AVID spectator though. My attention span is just way too low for that.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I usually don't read them......Unless it's something that peaks my interest.

I'm a very picky person, so something worth my time is very rarely found.

One thing I've noticed is that the openings to the RPs are usually very exciting, but the presentations fail to keep me hooked after say, two posts. :/

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Back when I had the free time to indulge my cursorily in reading Roleplays that I'm not apart of, i would read them as often as I could. however, nowadays, I rarely read other roleplays. If anything, I read battles more than RPs. if the battles count, then yeah. :3

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Lol I don't even read the ones I am part of, why would I read the others? >>;

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I read only the ones that are important to my own character. The rest I ask from other participants lol.

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
I read one or two maximum =3, and those are the ones that I'm not participating in. Basically because I don't have the time anymore and I dedicate more of that time to the RPs I'm participating in x3, the ones I read thoroughly.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
So how do you get the full picture? Or even any enjoyment? o_O

I get the full picture by asking, like I already mentioned. Sometimes I don't but I don't care that much.
I am an egoistic bitch so I get enough enjoyment from developing my own characters and writing posts about them. :x

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Do battles, both ranking and non ranking count?

If so, i've subbed and have been watching The Dreamer and The Wake for quite a while. Same with alternative fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back