• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy Arcade - "FFVII Remake Confirmed"

So if it uses PS4 hardware and tech, is a PS4 port confirmed?

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

Has this been posted yet?

[video=youtube;Vm_ZcdhHrdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_ZcdhHrdk[/video]

That music is just godly!

So if it uses PS4 hardware and tech, is a PS4 port confirmed?

They said it will be arcade exclusive for at least a year before they port it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

50+ characters include the DLC and later additions, I believe.

Even then it is still a huge roster for a game of this kind, and certainly more than the PSP versions had (Duodecim had around 30+ if I recall correctly).

Ramza!! I'm already sold lol. Now that it looks like we can have characters from more than just the numbered titles now, I vote for Tiz, Edea, Anges, Ringabell, Ace & Kurasame.

Err, as far as I remember Edea is from a numbered title, FF VIII to be exact.
Although I do fear that her moveset would probably very similar to Ultimecias.

There's a reason fighting games don't usually go that high. Smaller rosters means better balance in general for match ups. Although if anything I wouldn't put this in the same league as Street Fighter or Virtua Fighter. Dissidia has always been more of an arena fighter like Power Stone.

I don't think those RPG elements are going to be there.

Correct, but as you say Dissidia never was a pure "beat em'up" fighting game anyways, as it always had RPG elements as well as the additional Bravery/HP divide.

Knowing Square I wouldn't be too sure that they dismiss the RPG-elements. They may tweak or change them, but I doubt that they scrap them entirely.

Ace and Queen should represent Type-0. Maybe Kurasame.

And who would Typ-0's Chaos Representative? Qun'mi? Qator Bashtar? Cid Aulstyne?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

And who would Typ-0's Chaos Representative? Qun'mi? Qator Bashtar? Cid Aulstyne?
They wouldn't really need to bring one in, especially since there's a lot of bosses but no proper villain to fight as. It works without a villain anyways, see: Lightning in 012 not having an opposing villain.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Correct, but as you say Dissidia never was a pure "beat em'up" fighting game anyways, as it always had RPG elements as well as the additional Bravery/HP divide.

Knowing Square I wouldn't be too sure that they dismiss the RPG-elements. They may tweak or change them, but I doubt that they scrap them entirely.

Okaaay, not sure what the point of first sentence is about. Mind clarifying that?

As for as the RPG elements, idk, it's being made by Team Ninja and for arcades. At best, if we do end up getting a PS4 port, I can see (and probably hope for) there being a separate mode where you can level up every character. There was a fighting game that had something like that iirc, but the name escapes my mind.

It'd be way better anyway so we can have a balance that doesn't get hindered by the notion of leveling up characters, and anyone who wants to mostly play competitively can do so. I also hate the idea of having to max out characters and unlock everything instead of being able to experiment from the get-go -- in a roster of 50+ characters no less.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Okaaay, not sure what the point of first sentence is about. Mind clarifying that?

As for as the RPG elements, idk, it's being made by Team Ninja and for arcades. At best, if we do end up getting a PS4 port, I can see (and probably hope for) there being a separate mode where you can level up every character. There was a fighting game that had something like that iirc, but the name escapes my mind.

It'd be way better anyway so we can have a balance that doesn't get hindered by the notion of leveling up characters, and anyone who wants to mostly play competitively can do so. I also hate the idea of having to max out characters and unlock everything instead of being able to experiment from the get-go -- in a roster of 50+ characters no less.

Egh,I seem to have some problems formulating things today, lol.
I was essentially just trying to express my agreement that the Dissidia series is not your typical beat'em up.

Just because it's made for arcades I don't think that automatically means they'll throw the entire core concept of the original Dissidia series out of the window.
The possibility to customize the characters' attack setup and equip them with different accessoires and assists (in Duodecim) to define an own playstyle for every character is part of the charm that sets Dissidia apart from the usual fighters where you just have a preset set of combos and button combinations for a character.

Dissidia always had the option to scale levels manually for competitive play/Multiplayer and even make certain accessoires, weapons and summons unavailable through rulesets for balancing things out.
The Calendar bonuses and Chocobo items also made leveling rather easy, although I can see that they may considerably change the leveling system or even scrap it along with the gathering AP to learn abilities, but I doubt they'll get rid of all the RPG elements.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Egh,I seem to have some problems formulating things today, lol.
I was essentially just trying to express my agreement that the Dissidia series is not your typical beat'em up.

Got it. Although like I said, I consider it more of an arena fighter. Beat'em up are more along the lines of Anarchy Reigns, or Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.

Just because it's made for arcades I don't think that automatically means they'll throw the entire core concept of the original Dissidia series out of the window.

Wasn't trying to imply otherwise m8, it's still clearly the same type of gameplay. I just don't think leveling is a necessary component that will be there. I may be wrong, but we'll see.

The possibility to customize the characters' attack setup and equip them with different accessoires and assists (in Duodecim) to define an own playstyle for every character is part of the charm that sets Dissidia apart from the usual fighters where you just have a preset set of combos and button combinations for a character.

A lot of fighters are about chaining together your own combos (or in the case of SF, linking them) essentially being able to play in your own way, Dissidia isn't necessarily special in that regard. I've seen people do combos in MK9 that are very different from the ones I made with the same character. There's also a lot more to the metagame than combos/links.

But I wasn't referring to that at all and you'll see what I mean in a second.

Dissidia always had the option to scale levels manually for competitive play/Multiplayer and even make certain accessoires, weapons and summons unavailable through rulesets for balancing things out.
The Calendar bonuses and Chocobo items also made leveling rather easy, although I can see that they may considerably change the leveling system or even scrap it along with the gathering AP to learn abilities, but I doubt they'll get rid of all the RPG elements.

I feel like I should clarify something. I'm practically purely talking about leveling up, and the AP stuff. I don't really consider equipping items, assists, specific attacks, or summons to be RPG elements so I was never referring to any of that. I simply don't think that the leveling system will be there, and it's nothing more than speculation at this point.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

This is so exciting to me, I screamed a little haha, even though we only got one character confirmed, knowing there are 50 or more really guarantees a lot of the ones I want in have a good shot. I expect a lot of characters they chose for Curtain Call to show up, at least on whatever God is the "good" side's team.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

Err, as far as I remember Edea is from a numbered title, FF VIII to be exact.
Although I do fear that her moveset would probably very similar to Ultimecias.

I meant Edea Lee, from Bravely Default. I forgot about Edea from VIII honestly, but you're right about the move set lol.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Just discovered this was a thing earlier today. xD The trailer looks really good and 3 vs. 3 sounds very exciting! Hopefully that 50+ number lets more characters from other entries get represented (I'd like to see Steiner and Vivi from 9 and Khimari and Auron from 10 myself). I haven't really played any of the non numbered entries of FF but I'm sure adding them will add some exciting possibilities to the game. But since the arcade release is this fall that means there won't be any console releases for at least a year and a half. Oh well it'll be fun to see what else is revealed about the game in the meantime.

Tempus

Awards

Y'shtola's character trailer. That remix of "Torn from the Heavens" is pretty great. She can cast her shield too! I'm always in favor of re-creating the most BA moment in ARR whenever I want lol.

[video=youtube;XEFwDX6xDWw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEFwDX6xDWw[/video]

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Y'shtola <3

I'm a bit surprised that this game will be developed by Team Ninja. Should be good as long as they're not allowed to come up with any of the character (re-)designs. A PS4 port is pretty much confirmed then, it's just that we have to wait for it to be properly balanced first. So happy about Ramza being included as well.

Tempus

Awards

They're just using Team Ninja for the fighting game experience...I hope lol. Unless my wish is fulfilled & they put some Bravely Default reps in, specifically Edea Lee. If they did, we'd need the Bravo Bikini as an alt costume, obviously(lol). That would be right up their alley!
Anyway, I have a feeling the PS4 port is either being developed at the same time or production will start once the base mechanics of the arcade version are up & running smoothly. We'll probably know the release time frame for the PS4 version by this time next year. I'd also imagine that they'll be character additions, both included & DLC, for the PS4 release. The only concern I have is the menu during battle, its WAY too crowded. I hope its made less obtrusive for the port or at least customizable to some degree.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

I hope the DLC for the console ports is limited to alternative costumes like the PSP games. Fighting games should not have DLC characters unless they're free but timed exclusives to people who pre-order like with Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Just got back to this thread and HOLY CRAP, RAMZA!!!

That's it. It's official. THIS NEEDS TO BE INTERNATIONAL!!!

Has this been posted yet?

[video=youtube;Vm_ZcdhHrdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_ZcdhHrdk[/video]

That music is just godly!

That music is just godly indeed!

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

So a livestream just ended & a few new tidbits came out:

-Only core 14 heroes at launch. The rest are later updates. So we won't be seeing another newcomer for a while.
-Cosmos vs. Chaos setting completely dropped.
-Arcade save data stored on cloud servers. a player can access his/her personal data via an ID card (so RPG elements in arcade version a possibility?)
-EX system seems to focus more on team buffs than personal.
-More my personal observation than confirmed but combat seems far more grounded this time. The known stages have way less verticality than before.
-Multiple team members can be the same character.
-Characters are divided into SPEED, HEAVY, & SHOOT categories.

[video=youtube;koWnfzN9RoU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koWnfzN9RoU[/video]

Last edited:

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Huh, yeah it may be a while before we see anyone new then, especially since the other character from the original and Duodecim who are not in that initial line-up would probably be added sooner than later? The only one of them who is undoubtedly cut would be Feral Chaos...the rest I don't see being cut though myself. I feel like they were chose to be in the game for a reason so yeah.

Speaking of that...since summons can be used by everyone now I am wondering if they will seriously rework Yuna's playstyle or even go with her gunner abilities like they debated doing for Duodecim.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

@matgsy that sounds really cool, if the data is saved at arcades perhaps it can be transferred to a potential port. And the twelve characters is a smart tactic. Considering everything that's being changed, it's safe to assume they have to rebuild a lot of content including characters, and the time, effort and money would be wasted if this game is a flop.

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

am I the only one who's really just not impressed by anything so far? I mean I also hate three on three battles it's like DBZ Xenoverse it looks like a fustercluck.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

am I the only one who's really just not impressed by anything so far? I mean I also hate three on three battles it's like DBZ Xenoverse it looks like a fustercluck.

Everybody is into the graphics and potential real deep, I'd like to see how it turns out before I place a verdict.

Back