• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Re: Dissida: Final Fantasy Arcade - "FFVII Remake Confirmed"

Just bringing this up. Square Enix has ported their arcade games in the past.
to quote the Neogaf user Reveirg:

Even S-E's own arcade games often end up on console in one way or another

-Dragon Quest Monster Battle Road Legends got ported to Wii
-Gyrozetter moved to 3DS (might not be the same game though, no idea
-Lord of Vermillion did not get ported but got some spin-offs on PSP/Vita

Viewing Single Post - NeoGAF

So it has pretty high chance of being ported.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

That trailer...THAT TRAILER!!!

Seriously, this really made my day. I'm actually kind of glad that I didn't see this earlier or else I wouldn't have been able to finish a couple of projects that were due that night.

Good lord, this game looks AMAZING!!!

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

I'm hoping when they port it to consoles, they keep the replay save and editing feature. I would try to get into making some Final Fantasy machinima projects.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

Can someone please explain the title of this thread to me? I don't get the FFVII remake thing. I assume it's a joke.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Can someone please explain the title of this thread to me? I don't get the FFVII remake thing. I assume it's a joke.

didn't you hear? it hits ps4 this year!

but yea it seems like a joke to me

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I didn't make that part of the title lol.

But whenever something FFVII related hits, people scream "FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE!!!!" and since this is Cloud remade for Playstation 4, it's a jab/joke at those who yell remake at FFVII

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

Man, out of the entire XIV roster they chose Y'shtola. I bet Yoshi did this.

Either way I'm pretty excited about this announcement. If and when this does get ported to PS4/Vita I'm expecting there to be proper online gameplay this time around. And not wait 84 years after launch to use the Ad Hoc feature or pray that someone within a 100 mile radius just happened to have the game on in sleep mode or whatever. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this title though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

But whenever something FFVII related hits, people scream "FINAL FANTASY 7 REMAKE!!!!" and since this is Cloud remade for Playstation 4, it's a jab/joke at those who yell remake at FFVII

DFF Arcade announced for ps4 everyone, you heard the man.

start the speculation

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Advent children cloud unlockable, Genesis added everywhere in the plot, true savior at the end turns out to be Barret. Chocobo race multiplayer will be announced and then removed from the international versions.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Gee...looks supi-dupi awesome.
But...for which platform is this?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Man, out of the entire XIV roster they chose Y'shtola. I bet Yoshi did this.
Well, this is only a very small selection shown. XIV can have more in it.

DFF Arcade announced for ps4 everyone, you heard the man.

start the speculation
WHOOPS

Gee...looks supi-dupi awesome.
But...for which platform is this?
Arcade systems. Like Wreck-it-Ralph, Pacman, etc.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Arcade systems. Like Wreck-it-Ralph, Pacman, etc.

Huh?
You mean such machines where you have to put in coins to play that stand mostly around in restaurants and other public businessments?
Those still exist on a scale big enough to warrant a title as big as a Final Fantasy? o_0

I remember such game machines being in a steady decline ever since the late 90's, especially with the advent of modern 3D gaming home consoles.
Heck, here in Germany you rarely even find such things nowadays at all. They're almost treated as an odd curiosity of an old era, lol.

I'd certainly hope that this one comes to PS4 as well, as both Dissidias on my PSP have over 1000 hours of game play and looking at this one just screams awesome.

With Type-0, Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, FF XV, KH 3 and this one I would have already five interesting titles for PS4, which would getting that console made worthwhile for sure.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

Huh?
You mean such machines where you have to put in coins to play that stand mostly around in restaurants and other public businessments?
Those still exist on a scale big enough to warrant a title as big as a Final Fantasy? o_0

I remember such game machines being in a steady decline ever since the late 90's, especially with the advent of modern 3D gaming home consoles.
Heck, here in Germany you rarely even find such things nowadays at all. They're almost treated as an odd curiosity of an old era, lol.

I'd certainly hope that this one comes to PS4 as well, as both Dissidias on my PSP have over 1000 hours of game play and looking at this one just screams awesome.

With Type-0, Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires, FF XV, KH 3 and this one I would have already five interesting titles for PS4, which would getting that console made worthwhile for sure.

Nowadays they're pretty much limited to Japan, but yes they still exist. And a lot of fighting games go to arcade first and get ported to home consoles at a later point. Street fighter and Tekken both still do it, even Pokken Tournament.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Huh?
They're very popular in Japan. I think they pay like 100, 000 for the games or something.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Nowadays they're pretty much limited to Japan, but yes they still exist. And a lot of fighting games go to arcade first and get ported to home consoles at a later point. Street fighter and Tekken both still do it, even Pokken Tournament.

Ah, I see, so it's a regional thing mostly pertaining to Asia.
Heh, I do remember these days when I was still younger in the middle 90's there were still some of those left even around Europe.
Street Fighter I actually recall playing on such a machine back in the day.

They're very popular in Japan. I think they pay like 100, 000 for the games or something.

100, 000 Yen? For one game?
Calculating this...err, that makes nearly 740 Euros...pretty expensive I'd say.

LedxirnSimon

had to quote a reply from another source though not related with relevance of this thread:

Nova Crystallis said:
Square Enix still has no plans for Final Fantasy XII HD, says fans need to demand it

"[...] Kitase-san has mentioned, if there are a lot of requests from the fans for a HD remastered version of Final Fantasy XII, we might consider it."

Arcade Sushi said:
Square Enix still has no plans for Final Fantasy XII HD, says fans need to demand it

"Square Enix has decided that the demands of its fans for super-mega-awesome HD Final Fantasy titles should be answered — [...]"

Square Enix said:
Paris Games Week Type-0 HD Interview with Hajime Tabata

"[...] After all, Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming out in the West due to fan demand, [...]"

Square Enix seemingly listens to fan feedback and acknowledges demand; in an attempt to put that to a test, we should launch a campaign for the new Dissidia. The announcement of new Dissidia game for arcades got quite a bit of attention; 500 comments on Gematsu, 450 comments on Siliconera, 500 comments on IGN, 200 comments on Kotaku, and so on. So, what I think we could do is express our want for a new Dissidia on social networking and official websites and make the demand real.

Here's a start: https://twitter.com/dissidiainfo/status/567307245265108992

Suggestions for catchy hashtags are also very welcome. Something like #DissidiaForCurrentGen or #DissidiaForEveryone or #PleaseLookForwardToDissidia

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Heh, I do remember these days when I was still younger in the middle 90's there were still some of those left even around Europe.

100, 000 Yen? For one game?
Calculating this...err, that makes nearly 740 Euros...pretty expensive I'd say.

It's about 100 Yen per play session, though it depends on the machine...

I want to add that SE has a big foot in the arcade business with owning Taito (Space Invaders, etc) and I believe have their own arcade systems that they sell to other companies so this is a good way to push their big brands out there while reaping the benefits of their stable hold of the arcade business.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

If I ever have an opportunity to play Dissidia, got to take the chance. I remember trying out the demo back in the day. And that was about it for my experience...:(

Last edited:

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

Advent children cloud unlockable, Genesis added everywhere in the plot, true savior at the end turns out to be Barret. Chocobo race multiplayer will be announced and then removed from the international versions.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

I don't care for that. XD

Ah man, those were the days. Arcade machines still exist over where I live in the US, but they are very few and far between (and by that, I mean quality arcade games like Street Fighter II, Motal Kombat, Ms. Pac Man and Galaga, not the generic shooter where all you do is shoot deer).

It's about 100 Yen per play session, though it depends on the machine...

I want to add that SE has a big foot in the arcade business with owning Taito (Space Invaders, etc) and I believe have their own arcade systems that they sell to other companies so this is a good way to push their big brands out there while reaping the benefits of their stable hold of the arcade business.

Did they happen publish Ehrgeiz as well? Because if they did, that would go a long way to explaining why Cloud and Tifa were part of the roster in the Playstation port.

If I ever have an opportunity to play Dissidia, got to take the chance. I remember trying out the demo back in the day. And that was about it for my experience...:(

Its a good series to pick up. I had a lot of fun (and rage) trying to beat some of the hardest bosses in the game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Did they happen publish Ehrgeiz as well? Because if they did, that would go a long way to explaining why Cloud and Tifa were part of the roster in the Playstation port.

Yes, they published it. Wasn't Sephiroth also in Ehrgeiz?

Back