• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wander

Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy Arcade - "FFVII Remake Confirmed"

am I the only one who's really just not impressed by anything so far? I mean I also hate three on three battles it's like DBZ Xenoverse it looks like a fustercluck.

Nope, I'm also really not a fan of the direction they're taking this. Combat looks really messy with attacks that cover the entire screen, it also looks a lot slower and grounded compared to the first two games. I guess it's fine for an arcade game but if they plan on porting this to PS4 (which they probably will tbh) I can't see it being fun for very long, it doesn't even have a story as far as I can tell.

And this is coming from a guy who has 400 hours on Duodecim lol, real Dissidia sequel when.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Nope, I'm also really not a fan of the direction they're taking this. Combat looks really messy with attacks that cover the entire screen, it also looks a lot slower and grounded compared to the first two games. I guess it's fine for an arcade game but if they plan on porting this to PS4 (which they probably will tbh) I can't see it being fun for very long, it doesn't even have a story as far as I can tell.

And this is coming from a guy who has 400 hours on Duodecim lol, real Dissidia sequel when.

There isn't even a lot of information on this game out, it'll most likely get a story mode if it ports but who even cares about story mode in a fighting game. Street fighter and mortal kombat have stories but they're thinly strung together to form a reason to battle.

and on the crowded battles, the game still has time to polish, which would be further adapted for a ps4 port.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I am also a firm believer they have time to improve on the game, especially as it is pretty much being beta tested as an arcade game, but I hate the UI. Too junky, boxy, and half of what they have on screen could be either made transparent or streamlined to a sleek style.

I also don't like the looks of 3v3 the more I see of it. It is always a good idea in concept but it rarely comes together in 3D games with a 360 degree camera, in my opinion.

Also eliminating the Chaos vs Cosmos concept is kind of disappointing, but I guess it allows them to concentrate on tossing in more fan favorites and any possible future story mode in a console version can focus less on the whole "good vs evil + convoluted cycles" plot and do something more like "Look at these FF characters fight each other about who is better haha"

Despite my complaints, it is still ages away for any of us. We can only hope it shapes up to be something worth playing.

Everybody is into the graphics and potential real deep, I'd like to see how it turns out before I place a verdict.

I personally don't like the graphics. There is something extremely off about the style and shading and lighting. It is glaringly obvious on Cloud, Tina/Terra, and Onion Knight.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

I am also a firm believer they have time to improve on the game, especially as it is pretty much being beta tested as an arcade game, but I hate the UI. Too junky, boxy, and half of what they have on screen could be either made transparent or streamlined to a sleek style.

I also don't like the looks of 3v3 the more I see of it. It is always a good idea in concept but it rarely comes together in 3D games with a 360 degree camera, in my opinion.

Also eliminating the Chaos vs Cosmos concept is kind of disappointing, but I guess it allows them to concentrate on tossing in more fan favorites and any possible future story mode in a console version can focus less on the whole "good vs evil + convoluted cycles" plot and do something more like "Look at these FF characters fight each other about who is better haha"

Despite my complaints, it is still ages away for any of us. We can only hope it shapes up to be something worth playing.

I personally don't like the graphics. There is something extremely off about the style and shading and lighting. It is glaringly obvious on Cloud, Tina/Terra, and Onion Knight.

To be fair I haven't seen any actual gameplay besides the premiere trailer but they still looked pretty sweet imo

Wander

There isn't even a lot of information on this game out, it'll most likely get a story mode if it ports but who even cares about story mode in a fighting game. Street fighter and mortal kombat have stories but they're thinly strung together to form a reason to battle.

and on the crowded battles, the game still has time to polish, which would be further adapted for a ps4 port.

Just saying that I'm not impressed with anything so far and the direction it's going based on what I've seen so far, I wasn't necessarily giving a verdict. It's a Dissidia game, the original's story wasn't exactly amazing but it was fanservice for a game made for fanservice, I don't actually care if it's thinly strung together lol. It's an arcade game I get that but unless it's going to go through some serious polishing I don't think the concept would work well on console.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Just saying that I'm not impressed with anything so far and the direction it's going based on what I've seen so far, I wasn't necessarily giving a verdict. It's a Dissidia game, the original's story wasn't exactly amazing but it was fanservice for a game made for fanservice, I don't actually care if it's thinly strung together lol. It's an arcade game I get that but unless it's going to go through some serious polishing I don't think the concept would work well on console.

Well obviously, they can't very well release an arcade game for console and call it good. then the game would be broken, and SE would have to blame the NA publisher.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

On the 3v3 thingy I would hope that there will eventually be a choice available to have either 3v3, 2v2 or the usual 1v1. (Although Duodecim technically had at least partially 2v2 already with the assists).

I'll remain open and wait to see what they do instead, as long as they introduce a new concept that works as a believeable background for the fighting I probably won't miss the whole Chaos vs Cosmos thingy.
The only thing that would really bug me would be if they not only throw away the concept, but also dump the playable villains. Playing characters like Golbez, Sephiroth or Kefka was lots of fun in the two original games.
Although I can't see them doing something like that, on the contrary, doing away with the Chaos/Cosmos duality may actually come in handy when doing a story mode later to possibly include the villains in a bit more prominent roles than in the PSP-Dissidias, as I remember the only ones having a real big role in the overaching plot during the originals were Garland, ExDeath and Emperor Mateus.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

It's been confirmed for PS4, by the way. Not that I think there was ever any doubt, especially not after they announced the game was running on modified PS4 hardware. But now we have a video comparing what the game looks like in the arcades and what it currently looks like on PS4.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Odds of XB1 port are slim to nil at this point?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards

Probably. Not only is it using a modified PS4 engine, which by marketing reasons alone makes it less likely to be ported to a non-Sony console, but it's got its roots on the PSP and chances are higher PSP owners now have a PS4 than an Xbox One. Plus, the latter flopped big time in Japan which makes me think most of their games will now be developed with the PS4 in mind and Xbox One will be seen as a secondary console that will get ports only for the Western market for financial reasons (and I'm guessing many of these ports will be outsourced). Also, FFX/X-2 HD Remaster and Star Ocean 5 will be PS4/Sony exclusives. I'm thinking only the big AAA games will be ported to Xbox One, like FFXV and KH3. Star Ocean, which is arguably an "AA" game for lack of a better term, did poorly on Xbox 360 and I think a port only for the Western Xbox One market will probably cost more than it's worth.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I do think the graphics need refined a bit more, but I think it looks better than the first time we saw it already? Especially the PS4 version.

Though as for changes, I did watch the main parts of the stream that showed off the actual in game menus and fights and yeah. It does kind of look slower, except some things like Lightning's brave attacks actually look faster but she is classified as a "speed" type now, so that makes sense. Terra's moves don't seem to cause flinching anymore, and I assume Y'shtola is the same. But that totally makes sense for 3 on 3, shoot characters would be broken otherwise.

The changes I am kind of meh about so far is that it looks like you can only choose one HP attack at a time now? It seemed like you could change it though at least...I mean they let you create a set of moves and your HP attack is listed in that so yeah. Also, it kind of looks like EX Bursts are gone? Though, now there are multiple EX modes you can choose for characters that do different things.

Also, Terra turned into her Esper form still, which is exciting, but WoL, Cloud, and Lightning's weapons didn't change. I kind of hope that changes, I liked little stuff like that even.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards

The more I learn about this game the more I get let down. It seems to me like they're just throwing away all technical aspects of the previous installments to make it more casual. And the way 012 allowed you to customize your characters not only through use of weapons and armor, but the AP system allowed you to play to your strengths. You were able to adjust your movement speed, jump height, dash style etc. If you wanted to play at a distance and still have disgusting numbers through usage of various armor sets and accessories. At this point in time it seems like they're sacrificing player individuality for sheer numbers (ex. 3v3, 50 characters, summoning monsters to the battlefield).

On the same note, the SPEED, HEAVY, RANGED trilogy is a spooky concept. Again, it's as if they're forcing players to use characters how the game is designed for them to be played rather than how the player wants to play them. That potential limiting factor is a rather huge turn off for me seeing as I like to play certain roles in unconventional settings and see how they work in the meta.

In the livestream I'm really hoping they were only showing low level play or just the extent that the arcade version will go since a few things stood out to me. First, was the change to guarding. As small of a change it is to overall gameplay, I'll miss having guard frames. iirc one could still execute their BRV combo through the shield whereas in previous games you could break the combo and initiate any Support abilities you had equipped such as Riposte, Counterattack or Sneak Attack where you'd be able to punish the foe with sick crits OR get in a free HP attack. In turn, you had to be smart about how and when you wanted to use those combos. In the new system, there doesn't seem to be any downside to having your combo blocked other than you not being able to damage the opponent.

I could go on about the stamina bar, summoning system, the absolutely disgusting UI but I'm hungry and need food. I'm pretty critical I guess since Dissidia is easily one of my favorite titles and I'm always skeptical when SE isn't developing their own titles.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

[video=dailymotion;x2n6wiz]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n6wiz_dissidia-arcade-demo-2015-%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%B7%E3%83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%82%A2-%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%82%B8%E3%83%BC-%E3%82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89%E7%89%88-%E4%BD%93%E9%A8%93-2015-%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%8B%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B0%E3%81%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A6%E3%83%89_videogames[/video]

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

The UI definitely needs work. I'm not well-versed about the mechanics of this particular version of Dissidia, but I do hope they keep things as customizable as the originals, at least. I feel that was one of the things that set Dissidia apart from other fighting games.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

I got so excited when I saw that, "Is that a hidden or backhanded confirmation of XV's release date!!!???".....then I remembered they said they wanted to support this game for 10 years. :frown:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Considering when FFXV will release, it doesn't surprise me ;)

*chaser ajdhsjsjsjkdsjshshjsjsjshshshahk*

Back