• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dead Island

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

My Media Arts teacher whos a big video game players showed us the video today since we are working on videoes :p I was like "I saw this!!" XD It's pretty sweet to have a teacher that plays video games all the time :p

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Since I'm curious about it, can you tell me how the class reacted?

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
...Huh? Gamespot seem to have taken down their Preview for Dead Island. Well, I read it yesterday through Neogaf and today... well, I followed the same link and the article is gone.

It went more in-depth than GI did. If anyone can retrieve it, then kudos. I guess there is a restriction on what information the publication can and can not share.

But I'll sum it up for you. There are two control methods. One of the control method is, as people can guess, the standard FPS system with melee mapped to the face button. The other control scheme, which is the standard, is... well, one analog stick is dedicated for looking AND aiming. The other stick is used for melee attacks.

I read that over and over again. It seems to be the case. The second analog stick is used to control the direction of the swing. Which means the face buttons in the second control scheme, the standard FPS controls, have the face button mimic up, down, left and right swing movement. For the zombies themselves, one of the zombies that GS described is the usual 'tank zombie'. There's also going to be sidequests as well as safehouses. And there's 'job classes'.

Oh and the melee attacks... have some bite to it. Gamespot described it as... 'every swing is every bit as disgusting'. I guess it's less like Left4Dead and more like... Killzone 3's brutal kills?

ChrisP

Since I'm curious about it, can you tell me how the class reacted?

Most of the class thought it was sad and depressing, but a bunch of people said they'd buy the game when it came out. Except for this one weird kid, who said it wasn't depressing at all but I think he was just joking. I hope...

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
...Huh? Gamespot seem to have taken down their Preview for Dead Island. Well, I read it yesterday through Neogaf and today... well, I followed the same link and the article is gone.

It went more in-depth than GI did. If anyone can retrieve it, then kudos. I guess there is a restriction on what information the publication can and can not share.

But I'll sum it up for you. There are two control methods. One of the control method is, as people can guess, the standard FPS system with melee mapped to the face button. The other control scheme, which is the standard, is... well, one analog stick is dedicated for looking AND aiming. The other stick is used for melee attacks.

I read that over and over again. It seems to be the case. The second analog stick is used to control the direction of the swing. Which means the face buttons in the second control scheme, the standard FPS controls, have the face button mimic up, down, left and right swing movement. For the zombies themselves, one of the zombies that GS described is the usual 'tank zombie'. There's also going to be sidequests as well as safehouses. And there's 'job classes'.

Oh and the melee attacks... have some bite to it. Gamespot described it as... 'every swing is every bit as disgusting'. I guess it's less like Left4Dead and more like... Killzone 3's brutal kills?

If they gonna use a analoge stick for fighting they should make a version for Kinect and Move too. I'd definitly buy that

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
That's hilarious. They're making a movie about a game that hasn't even be released yet. It doesn't matter how viral the trailer has got, making a movie because of that fact is a really stupid idea.

EDIT: The trailer has 2 million views already. Shit. I hope the game's actually good because a lot of people are saying they want to buy the game because of the trailer.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I hate multiplayer Zombie games (excluding Nazi Zombies, but that's a mini game with no story). Not every game that's released need to have online.

Awards
I hate multiplayer Zombie games (excluding Nazi Zombies, but that's a mini game with no story). Not every game that's released need to have online.

There's a thrill that can't be matched when it comes to fighting zombies with a group of friends.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned

You can play it on your own, fyi. They stated that it's going to be a drop-in and drop-out co-op, as well as 'you're not forced to play with anyone'. Think of it as... say, Borderlands with Zombies and No Guns. That's what it first pop into my head when I read that Gamespot preview.

I'm looking forward to this game because the design of it screams to me 'survival' over 'zombie bashing'. Yet I'm looking more forward to Dead State, because your own allies are more of a threat than the zombies. Heck, other humans are more of a threat than Zombies.

What people fail to realise is that zombies aren't dangerous, but rather they are a tool to invoke paranoia into people. To make them feel irrational. To infect another living human, prompting other humans to 'lose their humanity and survive' by killing the infected... or 'keep them and suffer their own fate'. I want THAT kind of game. Not Left4Dead ver 53.

I'm sick of games where zombies are just dummy targets.

Janus Q

i finally saw the trailer and i was breathless for the whole thing. i watched it in the recut first then i watched the original and couldn't stop watching it. the emotional impact one trailer can have is astounding. however i hope the trailer isn't the only good thing about the game.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Hardly any information has been released about the game yet, so we can't make judgment on it.

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
i doubt the game would sustain the hype it just made for itself with that trailer
it's hard for any game to do so,actually
and with no gameplay as of yet is worrying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back