• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dead Island

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
i doubt the game would sustain the hype it just made for itself with that trailer
it's hard for any game to do so,actually
and with no gameplay as of yet is worrying

Ever heard of FF Versus XIII? All that was shown of that for about 6 years was a CGI trailer showing no gameplay, just a cool looking guy with cool looking weapons doing cool looking things. And everyday for for 6 years millions of fanboys and girls would talk about how this would be the best game on the PS3, until we FINALLY got a gameplay trailer earlier this year. So, it actually is possible for a game to maintain hype with a good enough trailer.

In any case, the game does look nice, and the gameplay sounds interesting. It does seem like this one is going to have more of a story, probably some Heavy Rain kinda thing. Probably not going to get it though.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Well this could actually be the first sad zombie game my eyes have ever seen

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Nice but defiantly not going into this expecting a deep storyline.

EDIT: Animations/conversations look like Bethesda's.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I played it with two other friends of mine. Beat it. Then Gears 3 came out and traded Dead Island in for it. Only spent $10. What a week that was.

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
Its a decent game... with a few major glitches.

These are things I have actually seen in game.

1. Zombies running through solid walls/doors.
Usually occurs when encountering an "infected" type zombie near a door or wall. The zombie appears to run into the wall sporadically and in some cases through the wall.

2. Games with different versions cannot play together on the same system. Doesn't seem like a big deal right? While I had v1.0 my friend had v1.1. Which means that I cannot join him and vice versa until the 1.1.2 update is out and we both update.. or have him delete his local game files. Minor issue for me. But I can expect would be a very big problem for alot of other users. Not to mention that he's pretty much stopped playing completely due to the databug rumors for the ps3 version.

3. The car cheat. While in the city, you can jump onto the hood or back of vehicles and be well away from zombie hands but close enough to melee. In effect its a basic "godmode" cheat if done correctly as the zombies will never be able to touch you...

4. The car zombie. Occasionally an "infected" zombie will run into the car (via glitch 1), and be moved to the top of the car.. where they can easily attack you.

5. Infinite weapons/cash/repairs glitch. A major glitch in the game is that one can duplicate any melee weapon at any time. The duplicated weapons are exact replicas.. same stats, everything. They also sell for the same price as the original. So duping a weapon for $3500 10x will net you $35k.. easily enough to stalk up on bombs/health kits and materials. The second part of the glitch is that you can repair any item for free at any time! Just keep a fully repaired version on you. When your current weapon needs fixing, dupe the repaired weapon and throw away the broken. You'll have a fully repaired weapon without needing to go find a work bench.
This glitch does not work with guns, but you can always use the infinite money part of it to purchase ammo/upgrades.

Here's the #5 glitch:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

6. Multiplayer douchebaggery. Is that idiot taking too long repairing/upgrading weapons? Did they go afk and not return shortly? Are they generally acting like dicks? Throw a grenade/incendiary grenade/molotov at them for a teamkill. Thanks to glitch 5 you'll always have enough materials and money for explosives to show the noobs what's what.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
'Ryder White' DLC for Dead Island Revealed

DLC will be released in February 2012

Deep Silver today announced the upcoming release of a brand new story DLC for the award-winning game Dead Island.

This DLC offers a unique new perspective into the incidents in the main story of Dead Island: This time the player will get the chance to play as Ryder White, the antagonist of the main game; learn more about his motivations and why, from his point of view, he did what he had to do. This fresh take on the Dead Island story shows Ryder White both as a military man and a loving husband.

The DLC stars Ryder White as a newly playable character and offers a single player campaign with several hours of story content with twists and turns that will shed new light on the game's happenings. Two blueprints and weapons will further expand the already impressive arsenal of Dead Island.

The DLC will be available on February 01, 2012 for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. It will be available for 800 Microsoft points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or for £7.99 on PSN and Steam.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I wish they would've done something with the family from the trailer.

Janus Q

i thought dead island was a good game for a while, but when i got to the main city i started playing it less due to the waves of zombies and trying to fend off looters at the same time. it was a good game but i wanted more story out of the mian characters then just a brief explanation. kinda wanted individual quests that pertained to each character. but overall a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back