• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will our love for kingdom hearts fade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goddard

You don't need a DS when you can get a 3DS, y'know. Backwards compability is your friend.

Geez man. So it's my own fault for not knowing that there was going to be a 3DS when I bought 358/2 Days for my brand new DS when it first came out! It's a good thing I don't buy video game systems for just one game.

Nonetheless I do agree that the widespreading of the series is a bit annoying, especially since it is a connected story between the entries.

emot-smug.gif

Dark Wing

Awards
Actually aldrain some of the spinoffs weren't really needed from the sound of it 358/2 days being a prime example. Even though Kh:BBS was a good game in some ways it seemed to ruin KH1 a bit for me that's why I have yet to go back and play the first one in a long time.

you cant really say a game in the series isn't needed story wise until you play the next game to see how they connect the dots.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Geez man. So it's my own fault for not knowing that there was going to be a 3DS when I bought 358/2 Days for my brand new DS when it first came out! It's a good thing I don't buy video game systems for just one game.

emot-smug.gif

Excuse me, you spoke of "a lot of people" and not specifically of yourself. <_<

You know what, I don't even buy a video game system even for two or three games, as I do have to make my money myself I know how much I can spare...in fact I only own four systems not counting the PC: SNES, PS2, PS3 and PSP.
I deliberately relinquished playing Days and Re: Coded not because I don't like them but simply because I had no friggin money for a DS.

It only remains to hope that they will at least finish this saga without adding another System except the PS3 for KH III, and leave consoles like the Vita for the next saga.

HeartOfTheHero

I doubt my love for Kingdom Hearts will fade anytime soon. But I have been getting frustrated with the latest games coming out on all of the systems that I don't have. Over the past 2-3 years I haven't gotten as excited over the next game in the series to be released, and I think part of that is because they're being released on the 3DS and PSP, whereas I only have an original DS. And when KH3 is released I'm screwed because I have no money for a PS3 :(
I have no interest in buying a 3DS, but I do want to play the next KH game, so it looks like I'm going to be stealing one of my cousin's 3DSs sometime in the future...

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
My love for KH was dropped much. The only reason I continue to play the series is because A) I hate not finishing the end of a story myself, and B) I wind up getting the consoles for other reasons anyways, and B) the gameplay is always good.

Alright, people really need to shut up about this console spread. Albeit slightly annoying, I doubt it's affected many a people's wallets. PS2 came out a decade ago. Your parents are probably the ones who got you a PS2 if you got one, because, considering the age group here, you probably were in Elementary or starting Middle School when you go one. This console also had arguably the best library of games on any console, ever. If you didn't like PS2, you're an idiot.

The DS was been out for more than a half decade, and is one of the best handhelds ever, in terms of software available. It was a great investment if you had a good taste in games, and from the hundreds, hell, even thousands if you had the time, of hours you could of spent on it having fun, I can fairly guarantee you shouldn't be angry about getting one.

GBA was just as awesome as the DS, during it's time. Also, the DSlite played GBA games, so, all you had to do was sell your GBA and get a DS. Greatness was greatness is still greatness.

The only shitty console KH was on was PSP. PSP was still worth getting though, if you got it used. We had 4 years knowing that BBS was going to be on PSP, anyways, so, if you saved the money yourself, I doubt it really left a scar on your wallet. Spending 100ish dollars from the money you had over 4 years is relatively cheap. And, there were still some good games on PSP. In fact, the end of last year and this year, the PSP has been getting some great titles.

As for 3DS, if your main incentive to get one is KH, you sir, are an idiot. We've already seen a promising library, and the console has only been announced for a year. Most consoles don't get a good library for a 2 or 3 years. The DS was a gem, and so will be the 3DS. I'd say it's worth the $250 it costs.

It only remains to hope that they will at least finish this saga without adding another System except the PS3 for KH III, and leave consoles like the Vita for the next saga.

I extremely doubt that PSV will get a KH game during this Saga, unless it is the 10th Anniversary deal. But, if it's the 10th Anniversary project, which is supposed to be on a popular system so people can play the game and catch up on the series, I doubt it'll be on PSV, where only the buyers of PSV will get it. While the PSV is promising, its not going to sell a whole lot at release, and most likely sell about as well as the 3DS did.

So, unless Nomura adds another game to the saga, instead of 3D, 10th Anniversary/BBSv2, and KH3, KH wont be on PSV for a while.

KH3 starts development next year, so, we can all be happy now.

nope my love will stay forever :) just dont talk about it and think about it so just chill the **** out about it because u will probably get tired of it just live life and when the next game comes it wont seem like its been so long :)

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
My love for KH hasn't faded and I doubt it ever will. KH is my favorite video game series and so it has a special spot in my heart. I just want to see where the story is headed now. Only reason i'm not acting like a die hard fan is because i'm trying to ignore KH until TGS so I doubt go insane waiting for it lol

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Originally Posted By: Darkwing

you cant really say a game in the series isn't needed story wise until you play the next game to see how they connect the dots.

I'll admit I haven't played some of the games(Re:coded and 358/2 Days), but I did play BBS. I'll just say this everyone really seems to hate 358/2 days one it was repetitive and two it didn't add a thing to the story at all.

Since I've actually played BBS to me it was a great game can't knock it for that, but honestly it's also a game that wasn't needed think they'd been better off just adding that stuff to KH3 and been done with it.

Able_Beard

Banned
I have great memories of KH. It was the first game to make me cry(lol). I will play every game till KHIII then I am thinking that I'll play it more as a casual gamer rather then hardcore, like I do now..then again I still play FF and I was gonna quit a long time ago..

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
My love for KH has only grown. xD
Undoubtedly I one day, may not even try to keep up with this series like I do now. But I'm not sure if I'll ever just.. be done with it.
I mean, I still find joy in watching my old Disney movies. Sometimes the urge to watch them isn't very often, but I still occasionally do watch them. That's how I feel KH might go for me.

Musical charm

I know I won't lose my love for KH, well not anytime soon that is. (I started getting into KH in '09 so yeah..) Sometimes, I just have a long period of time where I don't play KH for a couple of reasons, but then I somehow get back into it and love it with all my heart... until I get bored and don't play it for like another 6 months. My love is weird for this game, but I don't see it fading away yet...

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
oh i do agree that the spinoffs killed some of the luster of KH... its a shame because Square Enix just became greedy >.>

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
It's still one of my all-time favorite game series, but I'm just gonna stop buying the games if they continue to put the games on different systems. 3D is an exception because I want a bunch of other games on there, but if bbsv2 is on the vita I'm not getting it.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
My love for KH II fades away more and more each day passing but the rest of the franchise is still as good as it have allways been and I'm just as excited for news as I've allways been :) I don't think I will ever stop loving KH, infact if I get a verry bussy job it might be the only game I follow and play till the end

siegleeagle

I don't know. A lot of people would be pissed to have to buy a Gameboy Advance, PS2, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, and PSP just to play the games that have been released sp far.
Yeah they are angry because they need THREE FREAKIN SYSTEMS. PS2 = KH1, COM, KH2 PSP = BBS DS = Coded, Days. People most likely had the ps2 i mean who didn't. The DS and GBA are the same way most people have one. PSP is the only one that a lot of people might not have had but oh well. It was easier to switch development of a game that was supposed to be for the ps2 to the psp because its similar to develop games for. Now for the new consoles coming out (3ds and PSV) its not Square Enix's freaking fault that Sony and Nintendo decided to make another handheld which will, not now but EVENTUALLY, cause the psp and ds to stop having games made for them. So of course they move on to the new system.

So if you have been a fan since you were little your parents probably bought you a ps2, gba, or a ds. Then you only had to buy a psp for the whole series RELEASED SO FAR (does not include 3d). IF you are new and older to the series then spending around $300 dollars for all 3 systems you absolutely need for the entire series is not that bad. You can buy them used. The games will cost about 150 more. However this is not Square Enix's fault either because they can't help someone didn't like the series until they had released 6 games already.

My last point, if you can't afford it then oh well. It's a VIDEO GAME!!!!!! Video games are my favorite thing in the world but if I can't afford it I don't go raging like a spoiled child. There are more important things.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ siegleeagle

A little touchy, but the switching of systems isn't working for Square in regards to the Kh games cause honestly if it was no one would be complaining about it.

I mean Square should have gone the same route as FF in regards to KH. Spinoffs are on different consoles the main games stay on one well except for FF13, but still you know what I mean.

Youniquee

Awards
@ siegleeagle

A little touchy, but the switching of systems isn't working for Square in regards to the Kh games cause honestly if it was no one would be complaining about it.

I mean Square should have gone the same route as FF in regards to KH. Spinoffs are on different consoles the main games stay on one well except for FF13, but still you know what I mean.

Just because people complain..doesn't mean it isn't working. Someone is always going to complain, no matter what you do. Personally, I like the fact it's spread on different consoles. Gives me a chance to witness different kinds of game play using different consoles. I don't have a 3DS so I'm not getting KH3D. I'm not really complaining about that.
And isn't that how it is with KH anyway? Numbered titles like KHII are on ps2 and stuff?

Anyway, My love for Kingdom hearts is it at it's highest, since I've just recently become a fan again...it probably will fade when I'm older.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If you think about it, KH, while on many systems, was only one three different, um, "groups."
Sony Consoles
Nintendo Handhelds
Sony Portables

You can't get angry about GBA, DS, and 3DS, because you can't expect them to stay with the older generations. That's like complaining for KH3 to be on PS2, when it'll probably be on PS3 (or 4 :| ). It's how the gaming industry works, and that's how it will continue to work.

Main games on Sony Consoles, that's only expected. There is no problem with this.

Now, BBS on PSP... this is the only mistake. It was being developed for PS2, but then switched to PSP because PS2 was outdated and bad with multiplayer. BBS could have gone to PS3, but development would of been extended (*looks at Versus*) for another year or two.

The only thing that fell out of the pattern was BBS. A good amount of people played it, and some didn't. Oh, well. It's just one game in the series, and, frankly, it's a lame title.

Now, if PSV gets a title, then people can complain. But, until then, no.

blueheart

Bronze Member
I actually haven't had to buy new systems for the KH games.

I already owned the PS2 for around a decade like everyone else.
I already had the PSP for about 5 years, but never really touched it until I bought BBS.
My sisters have DS's, so I just borrowed theirs.
I actually already want a 3DS. I've tried it, and it's pretty fun, so I'll try to save up for my own.
I don't own a PS3, but I should, so hopefully by the time KH3 comes out, I'll be able to afford it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back