• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will our love for kingdom hearts fade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

vietboydan

Holy Crap My login still works! Haven't been here in forevers! KHI vets FTW!
I asked this on different forums but wanted to hear from here..
Firstly, I love Kingdom Hearts but I thought about something the other day.? Will our love for Kingdom Hearts fade? The first game was introduced in 2002 ( Holy Sh*t that was a long time ago). I was 10 years old. KH2 came four years later in 2006. I loved it!. Now I'm 20 years old and Kingdom hearts 3 is yet to come. Will the whole Disney thing lose its appeal to fans? Am I the only one who might feel weird fighting to save Cinderella life at the age of 25 or older? "Daddy, look at my report card!" "Not Now, son! I'm fighting the darkness with Mickey!!!" The game may be fun for new, younger fans but will I have the desire to play this game? Am I the only one who feels like this?

Zul

Awards
People grow bored of game series all the time, in fact if you thought everyone on KHI loved Kingdom Hearts, be prepared for a raging torrent of negativity.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
That's pretty much a question to answer for yourself, but I feel ya I'm in the same boat.

Honestly I think I gave up on Kingdom Hearts after 2(which stunk to high heaven), but now I just play to see what happens next.

It's like what happened with people and pokemon around about the 3rd generation when to me they started doing weird crap I gave up on it found something better.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
People outgrow game series all the time, in fact if you thought everyone on KHI loved Kingdom Hearts, be prepared for a raging torrent of negativity.

I don't think one should tie that to age, as it is an individual choice after all, but on the second part I can only agree, lol, the fading seems already to be in it's advanced state in like what, 60% of the forum?

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I wouldn't say my love has faded but I'm not as die-hard as I was a few years ago. I guess I'm out of the honeymoon phase with KH lmao I play out of loyalty to the series mostly and I'll probably stop playing after KH3. After that I'll most likely just youtube everything or watch live streams.

Zul

Awards
I don't think one should tie that to age, as it is an individual choice after all, but on the second part I can only agree, lol, the fading seems already to be in it's advanced state in like what, 60% of the forum?

Outgrow as in lose interest, not as in they pass a hard age-limit for the activity.

Probably wasn't the right word to use, "get bored of" is better.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Hm... My love for Kingdom Hearts has died quite a bit. Yes it is a great series. But im mad that they keep throwing games on so many different systems. It gets annoying having to try and scramble to get ahold of another system to play one game that doesnt always live up to the expectations of yours truely. The story is quite engaging but the gameplay is odd sometimes.. like the panel system... ugh did not enjoy that thing

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Outgrow as in lose interest, not as in they pass a hard age-limit for the activity.

Probably wasn't the right word to use, "get bored of" is better.

Ah yes, didn't think of that possible meaning.

I do admit that I can get bored of something in a while...as i.e. I haven't played FF VIII for years, but with me it's not like I lose interest on much things for good.
I have a break for sometime, and then casually the interest comes back after a while.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I'm the same way but the one game that keeps bringing me back is the first Dissidia final fantasy... 200 hours into that game. So much wasted time... just like my compulsive addiction to Naurto Shippuden (the japanese dub)

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ Aldrain

You and me both I think the KH franchise has been on a grand total of 6 different systems PS2, PSP, DS, 3DS, and GBA. Well make that 5, but it's probably going to be 7 by the time 3 comes around.

Honestly I'm not really impressed by the 3DS so I don't see a point to go out and get one just for KH.
PS Vita I don't know everything about it yet, but it seems to bring a lot more to the table that 3DS did.

Actually one of the bigger problems is people have probably lost faith in the series because a numbered title hasn't been released in 5 years on a major system and also it looks like that will be 7-9 years at the rate their going.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
@ Shinjuku

agreed. All these spinoffs are sorta kinda needed for KHIII but then again they really need to get it going because people are really loosing faith... and i dare to say that so am I

D:

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Actually aldrain some of the spinoffs weren't really needed from the sound of it 358/2 days being a prime example. Even though Kh:BBS was a good game in some ways it seemed to ruin KH1 a bit for me that's why I have yet to go back and play the first one in a long time.

State

Awards
but you'll still love your memories.
One of the reasons why KH1 > every other KH game. It was a fun, innovative, and pleasant game. If you cherish those memories, KH1 might be one hell of a nostalgia cruiser. But yeah, KH is like genetics; the story is mutating, while the gameplay is evolving.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Will the whole Disney thing lose its appeal to fans? Am I the only one who might feel weird fighting to save Cinderella life at the age of 25 or older?

I think everyone will reach a point where KH doesn't hold as much interest for them anymore; that's natural. I don't think I'll ever stop liking the KH series, but I won't always be going nuts over news for the next game. And like Zulkir said, age doesn't necessarily have to be a factor. There are plenty of adult/young adult Disney fans, and for many older fans, the Disney worlds provide a wonderful feeling of nostalgia while playing KH. I know I had a big, silly grin on my face while playing BBS because of how much the landscapes in those worlds resembled their movie counterparts.

So, will our love for KH fade? Yeah, I think that's inevitable. But that doesn't mean you have to stop liking it or enjoy the memories of playing the games.

siegleeagle

Everyone gets tired of the things they like, but using age as an excuse pisses me off. Its like your ashamed of a part of you and I just don't tolerate that. Also the multiple system thing is a little dumb of an excuse considering you only need 3 to play the entire series and since its been 9 years to get 3 systems yeah....

Goddard

Everyone gets tired of the things they like, but using age as an excuse pisses me off. Its like your ashamed of a part of you and I just don't tolerate that. Also the multiple system thing is a little dumb of an excuse considering you only need 3 to play the entire series and since its been 9 years to get 3 systems yeah....

I don't know. A lot of people would be pissed to have to buy a Gameboy Advance, PS2, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, and PSP just to play the games that have been released sp far.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'd be pissed that I wasted $130 and $30-40 on a DS and 358/2 Days when it first came out honestly.

When I could have had food for at least 4 weeks or more off that same money.

@ siegleeagle

9 years is a long time I do agree, but people got needs they got to attend to before the games

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You don't need a DS when you can get a 3DS, y'know. Backwards compability is your friend.

Nonetheless I do agree that the widespreading of the series is a bit annoying, especially since it is a connected story between the entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back