• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Will our love for kingdom hearts fade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
You Keep saying 3 consoles in 9 years you have to go by the time these games came out no one knew themselves that RE:COM would make to the PS2.

KH1: PS2, COM: GBA, PS2: KH2, DS: 358/2 Days, PSP: BBS, DS: Re:coded

That's 5 consoles over 9 years and now with 3D coming out soon probably next year it will be 6 consoles over 10 years. By the time KHIII even get's here it will most like be 8 consoles over 13 years. That too me is ridiculous these games aren't even spinoffs except 358/2 days and even then it's barely a spinoff.

Goddard

You Keep saying 3 consoles in 9 years you have to go by the time these games came out no one knew themselves that RE:COM would make to the PS2.

KH1: PS2, COM: GBA, PS2: KH2, DS: 358/2 Days, PSP: BBS, DS: Re:coded

That's 5 consoles over 9 years and now with 3D coming out soon probably next year it will be 6 consoles over 10 years. By the time KHIII even get's here it will most like be 8 consoles over 13 years. That too me is ridiculous these games aren't even spinoffs except 358/2 days and even then it's barely a spinoff.

Very intelligent response. You see? This is how people should post.

Youniquee

Awards
Well, I guess the lesson is: If you don't have console, don't buy the console for just Kingdom hearts. Then you won't be feeling like you've spent a lot of money.

siegleeagle

You only need 3 consoles if your a new fan is what I meant sry. So if you started when it came out you needed a ps2, gba, ds, and psp. Thats 4 not 5 consoles. If you are like most gamers you probably already had a ps2 gba and ds just because they were freakin popular. The only one I needed to buy myself was a psp and I own 11 games for it and plan on getting more.

Most people that started when the game first came out most likely had a ps2 and gba and they were mostly young and their parents got the systems for them for some reason. Then the ds came out and it was a hit so a lot of those fans were still to young for a job so parents again. If you had to buy all of the consoles yourself thats not nomuras fault. He released all of the games on really popular consoles except the psp. However it is mega popular in Japan plus they had ps2/psp development issues.

AND ONCE AGAIN THEY CANT FREAKIN HELP OTHER COMPANIES MADE A NEW CONSOLE THAT WILL EVENTUALLY CAUSE THEY OLDER ONES TO DIE!!!!!!! Jesus.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ siegleeagle

This will probably be the last thing I say on the subject, but consoles come and they do go I agree, but what stopped Santa Monica from making a God of War game after PS3 was out? Or FFXII which was out also when Ps3 was out?

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is just cause a new console is out it shouldn't equate to imo "I must make a new game for X console". Because of all this console hoping you make fans become jaded with the series. Plus if I buy X console and Y game is a pile of S%#t I'd be extremely pissed and example is 358/2 Days.

siegleeagle

They have to start sometime and they might as well now. Also how people view a game is opinion.

If your done then I am as well we're not getting anywhere and its just derailing the thread.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Subjective, however no less understandable (going from the title of the thread). I'll re-quote what I posted in an earlier thread.

The series has been around for almost a decade with only two numbered titles released. The time gap between KH2 and the next major installment to hit the home console is still ongoing with no end in sight. Of course fans are going to be discouraged and disillusioned, especially when you factor in the fact that 3 out of the 4 recently released KH titles that were meant to tie fans over for the long haul were mediocre at best. It's hard to be a KH fan these days, especially when other companies (new and old) are developing stellar sequels to blockbuster titles in like what seems to be no time at all when compared to the KH team.

Even with all things considered (Versus 13's development, more KH titles on the way), fans don't want to be left wondering for 6 years when they're going to release 3rd major installment. And the game isn't even on the way, so we could easily be creeping up 10 (might be a stretch) years between KH2 and KH3... You honestly can't say that's reasonable by any means. Versus 13 and the KH franchise should have been weighted accordingly because apparently, the ball dropped on that note... Now if Versus 13's the finest game all gen then I would happily eat my words... So yeah, Nomura and the KH team have a lot to prove..

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Well, it's pretty normal for people to fall in and out of fandom. I mean, don't you have fandoms that you grew tired of? For me, I thought I'd love Naruto forever, but now I can't stand it anymore. In fact, I find never-ending anime series to be annoying and now stick to just watching anime that's less than 200 episodes.

For me, Kingdom Hearts was one of those fandoms where I fell in and out of love with, but thanks to the slightly recent Days and BBS hype, I've fallen in love with KH again. In fact, it's one of my longest running fandoms in terms of participation. Really, there aren't a lot of fandoms out there that I'm really hyped up for that I am willing to do nearly all fandom stuff for it instead of just one thing (KH is the only fandom where I would actually join a forum dedicated to it just so I can fangirl about it to my heart's content. Also, I usually don't write fan fiction, but am willing to write fic for KH because it's the only fandom ever to give me some super hyped-up inspiration for fic writing. Well there's also Final Fantasy, but I have no more interest in writing anything for it). But all the fan projects that I've done so far based on the stuff that happened in BBS and Days...well, it's kind of starting to wane now, but I hate to leave another project unfinished. Hopefully, Dream Drop Distance will keep me entertained and give me fuel for inspiration.

Last edited:

Megavoltage

Awards
Kingdom Hearts 2 and 358/2 Days were fun but pretty disappointing for me. My love for Kingdom Hearts was starting to fade until I played Birth by Sleep and I became a fanboy all over again. ReCoded didn't have the greatest storyline but it had great gameplay so I still loved it. I'm eagerly awaiting KHDDD and BBSV2.

I don’t feel weird to fight for Cinderella and that kind of stuff, I’ll always like Disney. The platform hopping doesn’t bother me, I buy multiple systems anyways. As long as they games stay fun as BBS I don’t see my love for the series fading out.

Key to Truth

Awards
My love for KH was dropped much. The only reason I continue to play the series is because A) I hate not finishing the end of a story myself, and B) I wind up getting the consoles for other reasons anyways, and B) the gameplay is always good.

Alright, people really need to shut up about this console spread. Albeit slightly annoying, I doubt it's affected many a people's wallets. PS2 came out a decade ago. Your parents are probably the ones who got you a PS2 if you got one, because, considering the age group here, you probably were in Elementary or starting Middle School when you go one. This console also had arguably the best library of games on any console, ever. If you didn't like PS2, you're an idiot.

The DS was been out for more than a half decade, and is one of the best handhelds ever, in terms of software available. It was a great investment if you had a good taste in games, and from the hundreds, hell, even thousands if you had the time, of hours you could of spent on it having fun, I can fairly guarantee you shouldn't be angry about getting one.

GBA was just as awesome as the DS, during it's time. Also, the DSlite played GBA games, so, all you had to do was sell your GBA and get a DS. Greatness was greatness is still greatness.

The only shitty console KH was on was PSP. PSP was still worth getting though, if you got it used. We had 4 years knowing that BBS was going to be on PSP, anyways, so, if you saved the money yourself, I doubt it really left a scar on your wallet. Spending 100ish dollars from the money you had over 4 years is relatively cheap. And, there were still some good games on PSP. In fact, the end of last year and this year, the PSP has been getting some great titles.

As for 3DS, if your main incentive to get one is KH, you sir, are an idiot. We've already seen a promising library, and the console has only been announced for a year. Most consoles don't get a good library for a 2 or 3 years. The DS was a gem, and so will be the 3DS. I'd say it's worth the $250 it costs.

I extremely doubt that PSV will get a KH game during this Saga, unless it is the 10th Anniversary deal. But, if it's the 10th Anniversary project, which is supposed to be on a popular system so people can play the game and catch up on the series, I doubt it'll be on PSV, where only the buyers of PSV will get it. While the PSV is promising, its not going to sell a whole lot at release, and most likely sell about as well as the 3DS did.

So, unless Nomura adds another game to the saga, instead of 3D, 10th Anniversary/BBSv2, and KH3, KH wont be on PSV for a while.

KH3 starts development next year, so, we can all be happy now.

Mister, you surely don't know PSP is the most famous and liked portable in Japan, way above the DS and 3DS.
In Japan the console has a way wider library of games than on USA or Europe. The only reason the DS sold above the PSP is because of PSP's inital price tag and the console target... so yeah, a KH on PSV is perfectly possible.
In fact, Square-enix is confirmed as one of the 3rd part developers for Vita, so that increases even more the probabilities.

JM0c

Website
www.wix.com
I think fans will be tired of waiting for the story to finis. h rather than growing out of the story. Thousands of side games no KH3 in sight... gets tiring

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Hey man welcome to the site @JM0c

Yeah people have grown tired of waiting for the next big installment to the series it's been now 5 years since a major release which was KH2 and with FFXIII-2 coming out next year and FFXIIIVersus no where in sight it might be about 7 years before we even hear something KH3 related.

By that time I doubt many people will care about the series anymore it went downhill with KH2 and Days then it picked up a little steam with BBS and Re:coded hopefully KH3D will help it some more, but only problem is I'll be watching that game from the sidelines as I don't like the 3DS or at least I'll play it if a friend of mine has it or something.

Princess-Sammi

My loyalty hasn't wavered - but then again I've only been a fan of the KH series for 3 years. But if they go too far by making a new saga after KH3, then I won't follow the series anymore.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I will remain true to Kingdom Hearts forever. Even if no one else does. Even if I spend a whole lot of money. I`m dedicated for life.

Magic

I suppose there is only so much enjoyment an adult can have playing as a 15 year old kid swinging a giant key with two animated animals.

But really, my interest in the series is fading. I still like it, but it doesn't arouse the same excitement in me anymore, especially when you can see really great games. It is hard for the recent Kingdom Hearts games to compare with those, so the series is sort of left in the dust. If Nomura can connect the series in an interesting way in Kingdom Hearts 3 or any other title, then it will have some appeal for me.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
^ That is exactly what I hope happens because with all this console hoping people might be mad at those that hate it, but because of it now he's going to need to tie it all in through one game.

There is a lot of work that needs to be done with KH3 though for it to bring back to me that magic that was the first game.

Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I still love KH but my problem with the series is the fact that all the games are scattered. If someone just so happens to not own a certain console and misses a game, certain plot elements get lost in translation and the final product (KHIII) would seem like a jumbled mess with many plot elements missing. Same thing with KH1, CoM, and KHII, if you missed CoM and went straight from KH 1 to 2, you really wouldn't understand what was initially going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back