• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do you think Roxas, Xion and Namine should return?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
jason dohring terra talks like he's drowsy even tho he's fully awake. JD has improved as an actor so i'm absolutely confidant in his portrayal for III, but let us not forget this moment in series history.
Er... which moment, exactly?

I'll admit that his performance improved when he actually emoted. Which usually happened with his angry voice.
God, Terra is so much like Anakin Skywalker...
But Nimoy was fantastic as Master Xehanort! Epcar was even better as Terranort. McCarthy was great for Ventus, Braig's VA was even better than he was in KH II, AtW sounds the same, Master Eraqus was fantastic, and let's not forget Haley Joel Osment playing as Vanitas. They were all extremely good. Blaming it on the voice direction sounds as if it's just trying to make excuses. Honestly, the only VA's that sucked who were main characters in the game were Terra, and Aqua. Aqua did improve a little as the game went along, but Terra was just horrendous. And the way those 2 laughed were cringeworthy.

Leonard Nimoy is Leonard Nimoy, and it's hard to be monotonous when you're playing the diabolical villain. McCarthy, Braig's VA, Epcar, HJO and especially Hamill all have had past experience with voice acting. From what I've heard, BBS was Holland's and Dohring's first experiences with voice acting, so bad direction probably hurt them a lot more than the others.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
But Nimoy was fantastic as Master Xehanort! Epcar was even better as Terranort. McCarthy was great for Ventus, Braig's VA was even better than he was in KH II, AtW sounds the same, Master Eraqus was fantastic, and let's not forget Haley Joel Osment playing as Vanitas. They were all extremely good. Blaming it on the voice direction sounds as if it's just trying to make excuses. Honestly, the only VA's that sucked who were main characters in the game was Terra, and Aqua. Aqua did improve a little as the game went along, but Terra was just horrendous. And the way those 2 laughed were cringeworthy.

Especially Osment and McCartney were just already used to the "style" of Kingdom Hearts and didn't really need much direction to get into it. That's at least what I think why they were pretty good.
Nimoy was good at everything, lol. Just as Hamill.

I'm not saying it's entirely the direction's fault, but it's definitely a big part of it and if you listen to other stuff by Dohring and Holland, you'll see they aren't bad at all. They actually know how to rock stuff.

Samhain

Bronze Member
You know he was played by a different actor right lol
Wasn't it Burton who played him as well in COM? I know Christopher Lee voiced AtW before, and was the better AtW, but they sound similar at times.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Wasn't it Burton who played him as well in COM? I know Christopher Lee voiced AtW before, and was the better AtW, but they sound similar at times.

i'm psure Christopher Lee voices DiZ in KH2 and Days, while Corey Burton voices him in BbS and CoM.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I always think about the way the fallen "died" and I can't help but feel that these people were pushed too much and just gave up. The face that Roxas makes when he sees Sora in the pod still breaks my heart, he looks so physically and mentally tired. Xion found out the truth too late and had to work out the best solution for everyone, which meant she had to disappear. Axel was a mess, he became obsessed with Roxas and the idea of a heart and friendship. I'm a firm believer that Axel too got tired and decided to go out on a blaze of glory.

See if you keep telling someone they're worthless over and over again, eventually they'll believe it. The idea becomes a fact to them and that's what happened to these individuals. It was mental and physical abuse. They need a break.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Axel was a mess, he became obsessed with Roxas and the idea of a heart and friendship. I'm a firm believer that Axel too got tired and decided to go out on a blaze of glory.
tumblr_o3tg0bkK0I1r25vsmo1_540.png

honestly tho i think all of these characters deserve a second chance, which is what a birth by sleep is.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

honestly tho i think all of these characters deserve a second chance, which is what a birth by sleep is.

Oh my diddlying god, I just laughed until I cried. It's been so long since that last happened.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
See if you keep telling someone they're worthless over and over again, eventually they'll believe it. The idea becomes a fact to them and that's what happened to these individuals. It was mental and physical abuse. They need a break.

Which is exactly how both Xehanort himself as well as Xemnas & Xigbar in the first Organisation operate in most cases. Repeatedly hammering a lie into their "subjects" heads until they truly believe it (and looking at how some parts of the audience/fandom reacted and sometimes still react today these seem to have swallowed the propaganda whole as well).

It's somewhat ironic that Ansem the Wise/DiZ acted just like the people he despised in his pursue of "revenge" when it comes to Naminé and Roxas
And if I'm a servant, then you should consider yourself a tool, at best.

, and yet unlike the former he eventually comes to realize what shit he pulled.

Full agreement on that one.

Squood!

seibah
Awards

I think we can all agree that they need a second chance.....except Xehanort. Diddly that bastard.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
While I agree that Roxas, Xion, and Namine had complete story arcs and don't HAVE to come back, I am perfectly fine with and WANT them to.

If you think about it, none of them actually got to live a normal life at all. Roxas was a zombie until 7 Days after his creation, by which time he was already in the Organization and couldn't do anything of his own volition afterwards. Xion was a puppet that gained a consciousness after making friends with Roxas and feeding off Sora's memories. Every time they began to enjoy themselves, the Organization would send them on missions And then things went downhill. In fact, I'm fairly certain Xemnas kept them all busy on seperate assignments for much of the game on purpose: that way they wouldn't be able to be happy long enough to foster a heart that wasn't suitable for Xehanort.

Namine was created and then shortly afterwards captured by the Organization and forced to erase Sora's memories.

None of them had a proper life because of Xehanort. Xehanort is the catalyst for their misery. So logically, it is right, just, and satisfying to bring them back, not only for us but for them. They need a second chance, and will want to take revenge on the man who ruined everything they could have had. Once Xehanort is done, they will get the chance to actually LIVE. not just "exist".

Also, I can imagine Sora opening a school or whatever to help Nobodies learn to be people again through the natural method, through nurturing and friendship. Lol, like an Xavier's school but for Nobodies. XD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Like fellow members have stated, the aforementioned characters are ones that are part of some of the elements of the series that need a proper closure. This closure consists at giving them another chance of living a life independent from being a part of Sora, to be their own beings. This is the reason as to why I believe these characters should return. I believe they are still those that are in a torment because they sacrificed what little existence they had in order to be a part of Sora once more so that he could stop the Organization. I believe it's time they got their own share of the Xehanort Saga ending spotlight.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I believe they are still those that are in a torment because they sacrificed what little existence they had in order to be a part of Sora once more so that he could stop the Organization.

"Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it."

Another thing is that until these characters find their peace, it's also a big burden for Sora. He's the key to everything, somehow, he's the one who's supposed to save them and make them happy again.
I don't really think it'd be too good for him to just say "ye let's screw them all who needs those fuckers anyways"

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
"Their hurting will be mended when you return to end it."

Another thing is that until these characters find their peace, it's also a big burden for Sora. He's the key to everything, somehow, he's the one who's supposed to save them and make them happy again.
I don't really think it'd be too good for him to just say "ye let's screw them all who needs those diddlyers anyways"
And since Sora will pretty much connect his heart with everybody, it's a given that these characters have to be alive in order for him to connect his heart with theirs.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
"ye let's screw them all who needs those diddlyers anyways"

This particular view seems to be more the stance of some parts of the fandom actually rather than any true incentive given towards it from the actual narrative.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
This particular view seems to be more the stance of some parts of the fandom actually rather than any true incentive given towards it from the actual narrative.
That's what I noticed too. A lot of people "justify" their stance on keeping Roxas and the others dead by citing how much they disliked those characters and nothing else.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Hey, I know. That's what I was saying.
People justify their story-wise decisions like "it'd make sense" because they like or dislike a character even though it really wouldn't make sense. Sora wouldn't ever just let it happen that all the people connected to him vanish into thin air, even without any salvation at all. Yet people seem to think that'd be best for them because reasons.

appleboy82791

Awards
People justify their story-wise decisions like "it'd make sense" because they like or dislike a character even though it really wouldn't make sense. Sora wouldn't ever just let it happen that all the people connected to him vanish into thin air, even without any salvation at all. Yet people seem to think that'd be best for them because reasons.

Haters gonna hate. Nothing you can do about it.

reimeille

It has nothing to do with "liking or disliking a character" -- or at least, it's less of a component than you're making it sound. It has to do with the story ending in the most predictable and least compelling way possible. People are too stuck to the idea that everyone has to get the biggest end of the stick -- everyone's story gets resolved in the luckiest way possible, and everyone is going to get to sit happily shoving sea salt ice cream down their throat while looking at the Destiny Islands sunset... what kind of good story is that? Why must every story have the happiest ending? Because it's a Disney game?

For some characters, what they have is a compromise. Accepting the circumstances of their existence is not a lack of "salvation" or "vanish[ing] into thin air". It may not be total 100% freedom and happiness, but they survived and achieved a content state... and that's not necessarily a bad thing. To our knowledge, Roxas and Namine aren't unhappy -- they got to find out who they are, where they "belong", and now they get to be together as long as Sora and Kairi are. Now, Xion still has a ways to go to reach that contentedness, but she does not have to become a full-fledged individual for that to happen.

A perfect example is Axel. It's safe to assume that "Axel" as we know him is never coming back. But do you look at Lea and feel like their situation is unfair and sad? Probably not... and you shouldn't. Because in the end peace was still found, and Lea is still continuing on in earnest for the both of them.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It has nothing to do with "liking or disliking a character" -- or at least, it's less of a component than you're making it sound. It has to do with the story ending in the most predictable and least compelling way possible.
Of course. There are some people, such as yourself, who have other and more articulated reasons for not wanting certain characters to return.

I've just seen so many arguments that went something like "Xion was a lame cop-out character so she shouldn't come back" that fail to explain why the character's flaws should keep her from getting her own life, at least beyond "I didn't like her and I don't want to see her again."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back