• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Why do you think Roxas, Xion and Namine should return?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Osprey, Namine told Xion once she would return, she would disappear. Sure Organization members faded away, but not completely disappear like Xion did. There is no way of taking Xion out of Sora because she is made up of Sora's memories and she still is. Namine said it was impossible to just take the memories apart from Xion, so she can't leave Sora.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Osprey, Namine told Xion once she would return, she would disappear. Sure Organization members faded away, but not completely disappear like Xion did. There is no way of taking Xion out of Sora because she is made up of Sora's memories and she still is. Namine said it was impossible to just take the memories apart from Xion, so she can't leave Sora.

Wait, wait.
Naminé says Xion will disappear and cease to exist because(!) no one will remember her.
But Sora remembers her in 3D (she can also be seen by his side as well as his other friends when he confronts Xemnas) and Riku even meets her inside Sora's heart.
She had been forgotten, yes, but by being remembered and met, she should very well be able to come back. Especially since she now does have her own memories. She spent almost a whole year in the Organization and "lived".
Xion even says that Roxas should come back with her and Naminé answers that he "doesn't feel Sora yet". Yet we know Roxas has developed his own heart and Sora himself tells Roxas that he is himself, a person, not only a part of Sora.
I don't see why this shouldn't apply to Xion.

Last edited:

LightAndOblivion

They shouldn't. There's no reason for them too. They most likely will but Namine and Xion only need to come back, get thanked and then buzz off. They ended off nicely. Not everyone needs to have a "happy ending" and Namine only needs to be thanked by Sora. They don't need to be their own people. Let them go out like Repliku did.

Roxas is the only one who might actually get to be his own person and even that isn't necessary either.

It's all just unnecessary fanservice just for the sake of fanservice invalidating the impact their endings had on people. I don't even like Xion at all but even I think her "death" shouldn't just be overwritten just like that. Keep her gone.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
They ended off nicely.

Excuse me, but what?
I'm okay with unhappy endings. I'm even okay with characters dying as long as it's satisfying. But Xion's whole being was cruel and sadistic by SE and she ended off anything but nicely. Sure, she said she was happy to go back to Sora, but why? Because she realized she'd been doing harm the whole time and she wanted to stop that.
I mean sure, okay, that's your opinion, but I'm really curious why that is a "nice" ending in your opinion.

LightAndOblivion

Excuse me, but what?
I'm okay with unhappy endings. I'm even okay with characters dying as long as it's satisfying. But Xion's whole being was cruel and sadistic by SE and she ended off anything but nicely. Sure, she said she was happy to go back to Sora, but why? Because she realized she'd been doing harm the whole time and she wanted to stop that.
I mean sure, okay, that's your opinion, but I'm really curious why that is a "nice" ending in your opinion.

Because she accepted her fate and buzzed off. All her efforts led to strengthening Roxas' resolve and helping Sora recover his memories and then bit the dust. Simple as that. She doesn't need to return regardless of it being "cruel and sadistic". Her purpose has been served and she only needs to come back to be thanked with Namine before fading away for good.

She accepted her fate and was content with it like Repliku was.

That's why I think it was a "nice" ending for a puppet who shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Chuuya

Awards
Xion is Sora's memories. Yes, she could have her own heart, but she still has the key memories that Sora has which is of Kairi. Roxas does have memories of Sora's, but not the important key memories like Xion does. All I'm saying is that, if Xion wanted to return, she would done it already. But she hasn't because she wants to be forgotten. She didn't mind returning to Sora because she was ready to disappear. Thus, Xion wants to remain hidden and would show she would not return unless she changes her mind.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Xion is Sora's memories.

No. She was made up of Sora's memories cause there was nothing else she could've been made of at that time. As of now, she has her own memories, her own friends.

Yes, she could have her own heart, but she still has the key memories that Sora has which is of Kairi.

I don't think she does.
She interrupted the process of Sora waking up because she had those memories. But Sora is now complete again and Xion still exists inside his heart.

All I'm saying is that, if Xion wanted to return, she would done it already.

How though? If it were that easy to just pull yourself out of a heart and build a new body I'm pretty positive one or the other character in the franchise would've done that already.

But she hasn't because she wants to be forgotten. She didn't mind returning to Sora because she was ready to disappear. Thus, Xion wants to remain hidden and would show she would not return unless she changes her mind.

She wanted to stop hurting others. She explicitely tells Roxas to "never forget" that he and Axel were her best friends, so what makes you think she wants to be forgotten? If I remember correctly, she didn't mind going back to Sora because she knew Sora's memories were now so intertwined with her own that she had to disappear in order to release them.
And if she wanted to stay hidden, why did she talk to Sora and Riku in 3D?

Chuuya

Awards
Xion tried running away from Sora, and she only asked a question for Riku, nothing else. And exactly what you said, how would Xion separate from Sora? Or Roxas? Sure, they have their own hearts, but what you said, "You can't just pull yourself out of a heart and build a new body", proves it. If Xion or Roxas can't be in a different body, then they're in Sora's.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Xion tried running away from Sora, and she only asked a question for Riku, nothing else. And exactly what you said, how would Xion separate from Sora? Or Roxas? Sure, they have their own hearts, but what you said, "You can't just pull yourself out of a heart and build a new body", proves it. If Xion or Roxas can't be in a different body, then they're in Sora's.

Exactly.
But what if they can? Kairi pulled a brand-new body for Sora out of her butt and Master Xehanort build some form of body for Vanitas by extracting him outside Ventus' heart, although it took the form of Sora the second Ventus and Sora connected.
So there probably is one way or another that it's possible for them to get a body.

Chuuya

Awards
But how could their hearts be pulled out of Sora? Sora had been brought back by being connected to Kairi and Xehanort used his keyblade to create Vanitas. But we're talking about many different hearts inside of a person. How could their hearts be taken out of a Sora in one time? And no "friendship connection" would not work, that only worked when Sora was a heartless.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
But how could their hearts be pulled out of Sora? Sora had been brought back by being connected to Kairi and Xehanort used his keyblade to create Vanitas. But we're talking about many different hearts inside of a person. How could their hearts be taken out of a Sora in one time? And no "friendship connection" would not work, that only worked when Sora was a heartless.

They somehow WILL get Ventus out of there. We still don't know how, but they will. I'm pretty positive they'll free Xion and Roxas as well in the process in some way.

reimeille

In all honesty, if Xion ever returned, I'd be quite upset. I already hated her plotline enough as is; if she returned, it would ruin the one single thing I liked about it -- her willingness to accept her fate for a higher purpose. Let her character mean something through her sacrifice; it's the thing that makes her unique. Bringing her back so she can do what we already have 7+ characters lined up to do (eat ice cream, slap stuff with keyblade) is patently useless.

I feel the same way about Roxas and Namine, though since they've been two of my favorite characters for years. I think it's best that some characters just stay with the ending they were given, so 1) we don't ruin their significance, 2) we can get rid of as many Sora/Kairi/Ventus clones as possible, and 3) we can make room for more characters in the future.

Chuuya

Awards
^ Oh, please don't make me fear Sora will pull off the same stunt he did in KH1 to free Kairi. 0_0

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
In all honesty, if Xion ever returned, I'd be quite upset. I already hated her plotline enough as is; if she returned, it would ruin the one single thing I liked about it -- her willingness to accept her fate for a higher purpose. Let her character mean something through her sacrifice; it's the thing that makes her unique. Bringing her back so she can do what we already have 7+ characters lined up to do (eat ice cream, slap stuff with keyblade) is patently useless.

I feel the same way about Roxas and Namine, though since they've been two of my favorite characters for years. I think it's best that some characters just stay with the ending they were given, so 1) we don't ruin their significance, 2) we can get rid of as many Sora/Kairi/Ventus clones as possible, and 3) we can make room for more characters in the future.

Yay new characters.
But wait...there are several characters out there waiting to become relevant and develop....like...Xion >:

I don't even like her tbh and think she was a character that should never have been made. I just think there's a reason she's been shown
- saying Sora's name
- meeting Sora and Riku

^ Oh, please don't make me fear Sora will pull off the same stunt he did in KH1 to free Kairi. 0_0

I don't think they'll do that again. I mean, Sora wouldn't wanna lose his own heart in the process, right?
Although he's the kind of character to do that to help others.

reimeille

Yay new characters.
But wait...there are several characters out there waiting to become relevant and develop....like...Xion >:

I don't even like her tbh and think she was a character that should never have been made. I just think there's a reason she's been shown
- saying Sora's name
- meeting Sora and Riku

Yeah, I think with her popularity it's a given she'll be back. Temporarily I guess don't mind, since KH3 wraps up the arc and everyone's gotta be there, naturally. But if she appears much longer afterwards, it will start to bother me unless she becomes more interesting (I personally doubt it).

I'd just rather we get going on and finally get some more new characters that aren't either connected or parallel to Sora, Kairi, and Riku. Seeing the fresh faces within KHX feels so good, but at the same time its frustrating that unique characters are so rare that I have to feel like that, lol.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think they'll do that again. I mean, Sora wouldn't wanna lose his own heart in the process, right?

Sora hasn't been shown to be the smartest Tomato in the bunch so I can totally see him trying to do that.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
He charged right into the abyss of dreams and nearly lost his body to Xehanort just because he saw those characters (without even knowing who most of them were) and experienced Roxas' emotions, so it wouldn't be a stretch.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Sora hasn't been shown to be the smartest Tomato in the bunch

lmfao. That's not my favorite way of calling someone stupid.

Anyways, I just think after what happened in 3D (especially with him diving too deep into the dream and what that almost caused) he is now a little more aware of his role and what might happen if the "light" side loses him and that he can't just pull a stunt like that because they all need him.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Besides, Aqua, a more experienced Master, will be there to do the heart extraction. Sora'll be fine.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Because they're fan favorites, and it is the only reason they brought Axel back too. Personally, Xion imo was one of the worst characters in the KH series, and was a complete cop out. I am surprised she will be even brought back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back