• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What You Like/Dislike about Days and why:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
- The ice cream scenes got old. If they're supposed to keep a low profile how the hell do they keep purchasing ice cream every damn day!? I'm sure they have to wait in line, give the same douche their money, hell they became regular customers...low profile my ass.

haha! XD

-The effin Heartless!!!!!!! They were on steroids!!! Either that or the Organization are some weak bishes.
wellll all but what 2 was killed by a boy with a three foot key and his dog and duck, just sayin.

Tikiturbo

Organization Moogle (needs to make another appearance)
Panels
Multiple characters to play with
Only KH game I've ever owned, so I'm slightly biased
Dislikes:
Touching story, but kind of stupid now that I think about it
Not enough about Roxas or Axel. Kind of bystanders to Xion
I thought Riku's battle at the end was waaaaay too easy because he moved so slow
Limit Break was pretty cheap shot (Make yourself get hurt, then kill everything in sight?)
Felt really draggy
Kind of easy, even on Proud

teardrop

-The Moogles. They were so cute in Organization coats.
-Panel system. So addicting.
-Roxas
-Story. Yeah, it was a bit dull and got on my nerves, but I still liked it.
-Organization XIII. Getting to fight alongside them and play in multiplayer as them was pretty awesome. Seeing inside the Organization was also really nice. Although...

Dislikes:
-The role of Organzition XIII. Most of the members served as a tutorial and then Poof! vanished. There's good reason for that but at least the remaining members could have had bigger roles (excluding Axel). I just remember finding chests for Xigbar and Demyx.
-Magic. You could basically forget about ever using fire/blizzard. Your spell just drifted past your target.
-Limit Breaks. I would always heal before I could use them. Plus, when I did use them, I died.
-The missions became repetitive and boring. Go here, kill this, find these chests for Demyx, etc.
-The ice cream scenes. Roxas, Xion, and Axel basically spent their days eating ice cream. I was tired of seeing them eat ice cream day after day, mission after mission.

Princess-Sammi

I love playing as my favourite characters from Org. XIII - but I hate the button-mashing, the obsolete storyline and Xion.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think mostly everyone hated the repetitive missions and of course Xion. She took away my Roxas game and made it a Xion game. Most of the plot was about her. And my dog got a hold of my DS and fucked it up. The games not even that playable because he screwed up my L and R buttons so locking on and moving the camera is a pain.

Princess-Sammi

She took away my Roxas game and made it a Xion game.

I forgot to mention that! I was really looking forward to having the game focused on Roxas, but it turned out to be a massive disappointment. Hopefully Xion will never become a main focus in any future KH games. That's the least Nomura can do to make it up to us.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
  • Plot concept ( The organization needed to tell their story)
  • Understanding Axel and the other members
  • Xion
  • Multiplayer
  • Graphics
  • BBS connections
Dislikes
  • Pointless missions (Collecting symbols?)
  • Lame enemies
  • Neverland flying controls
  • No Wi-Fi online Multiplayer
  • Abilties slots

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Despite there being many a -Xion hater, you'll be surprised to know that quite a few people like her too - including the development team, it seems.

Not to sound like a hardcore hater or anything but i don't understand what was so "great" about her. I respect people's love for her. But I don't understand. Days was (to my knowledge) supposed to be about Roxas and life in the Organization and the Organization themselves. They seemed like background compared to Xion's constant screentime and intervention. plus her "tragedy" was forced down my throat. can you honestly say Riku was in character too when it came to her? the game felt...fan-ficish. sure she's cute and all but so is Kairi. What I'm really trying to say is, I don't understand what was great about her besides being Roxas' Kairi. and no one bothers to explain why...they just yell at me and tell me i'm a "hater" when really I present reasons to disliking Xion while they do nothing but present their dislike of me :(

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Days was (to my knowledge) supposed to be about Roxas and life in the Organization and the Organization themselves.

Not quite :\ it was more Roxas's time in the Organization, and for better or worse - that IS what we got. Roxas going out on missions and slowly evolving into his KH2 persona due to his friendship with Axel and Xion, and his odd interactions with the remaining Organization members.
The fact he had little plot to call his own doesn't contradict this, as much as people might not like it.

They seemed like background compared to Xion's constant screentime and intervention.

As the "Sora" in the game, it only makes sense. Too bad that Roxas was too much of a Ven to merit a better protagonist position.

plus her "tragedy" was forced down my throat.

Any and all tragedies in that game were forced down your throat.

can you honestly say Riku was in character too when it came to her?

Actually, yes. Yes, I can. Because Riku stopped being the cold hearted prick who'd do everything no matter the cost at the end of KH1, and even a bit before, when XH possessed him and kicked him out of his own vessel, thus clearing his mind and Heart of some Darkness, letting him return to his senses. He was worried in KH2 about not being able to face Sora and the others; he showed regret about what he did to Roxas (but that he HAD to given the circumstances). So yeah, I really think that giving the girl a chance to think things over and being friendly and compassionate towards her was in-character.
And I'll be bitter - I didn't see anyone complain about Riku patting Namine and half hugging her in the novels. If someone did, please link me to it, but I didn't see any of that. It does come to show, however, that Riku's... well, a physically affectionate person. That's been true since the first final mix when we got the bunch of SoRiku flashbacks and we saw he wasn't afraid to reach out to people.
Then you get thrown in his experience with Repliku which I can only imagine affected things, seeing how he knew what Xion was, her having Kairi's face and being a part of Sora.
So, yes. I honestly and eternally will say that Riku was in-character when it came to Xion.
And as to why he didn't act the same way with Roxas?
1) Roxas was going to get himself killed. He kind of had to keep him down.
2) Xion herself. No one begged Riku to stop Xion; Xion begged Riku to stop Roxas.
3) Roxas himself. Different people will get different attitudes out of people. So... by definition, yeah, adds up he'd treat them differently.

the game felt...fan-ficish.

This is KH. Most of the series feels like that.

sure she's cute and all but so is Kairi.

...that, I disagree with.

What I'm really trying to say is, I don't understand what was great about her besides being Roxas' Kairi.

She wasn't even really a Kairi xD;;; she was a lot more a Sora.

and no one bothers to explain why...they just yell at me and tell me i'm a "hater" when really I present reasons to disliking Xion while they do nothing but present their dislike of me :(

Why do I like her? Well, to sum it up, she was "The Kairi I've always wanted", as bad and twisted as this sounds.
Despite plot reasons which Roxas shared at times causing her to become weaker, she was, indeed, a fighter, and with a good reason behind it. We got a lot of insight about her and got to see her relationships develop. Even if we didn't, like with Riku, those relationships made sense to me, given how I perceive the characters from the other titles.
During those times she turned out to be what I can only describe as a "Good Girl". Yes, she's giggly and adorable and caring and kind, but she can get her mean, bitter streaks when push comes to shove, like with Saix, and at the beginning, with Riku. And through it all she cares ridiculously for her friends to the point she'd put them before her and I can't, for the life of me, really relate it that much to either Sora or Ven because the circumstances are different and I really have to wonder how they'd have reacted, especially seeing how a great big part of why Xion was able to "go away" willingly was knowing what she was. She's her own person to me.
I know this sounds "Mary Sue"-ish to quite a few people, but I just can't see her as such. Most Mary Sues I run into are shallow, underdeveloped characters whose very existence makes things worse or better, and they are often left without explanations. Xion's concept was established as early on as CoM with Repliku; it fell back on pre-established events, most likely the Xemnas fight in the first Final Mix as well. And then we have her mixing Sora and Riku's Memories up which also make me not believe for a moment she's self-contained within Days, even without her being one of the people whose torment Sora needs to end.
So yeah. I donno if this answered it or not. I was mostly babbling.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Why do I like her? Well, to sum it up, she was "The Kairi I've always wanted", as bad and twisted as this sounds.
Despite plot reasons which Roxas shared at times causing her to become weaker, she was, indeed, a fighter, and with a good reason behind it. We got a lot of insight about her and got to see her relationships develop. Even if we didn't, like with Riku, those relationships made sense to me, given how I perceive the characters from the other titles.
During those times she turned out to be what I can only describe as a "Good Girl". Yes, she's giggly and adorable and caring and kind, but she can get her mean, bitter streaks when push comes to shove, like with Saix, and at the beginning, with Riku. And through it all she cares ridiculously for her friends to the point she'd put them before her and I can't, for the life of me, really relate it that much to either Sora or Ven because the circumstances are different and I really have to wonder how they'd have reacted, especially seeing how a great big part of why Xion was able to "go away" willingly was knowing what she was. She's her own person to me.
I know this sounds "Mary Sue"-ish to quite a few people, but I just can't see her as such. Most Mary Sues I run into are shallow, underdeveloped characters whose very existence makes things worse or better, and they are often left without explanations. Xion's concept was established as early on as CoM with Repliku; it fell back on pre-established events, most likely the Xemnas fight in the first Final Mix as well. And then we have her mixing Sora and Riku's Memories up which also make me not believe for a moment she's self-contained within Days, even without her being one of the people whose torment Sora needs to end.

Let me just add to this a bit. I think that it should also be noted how Xion did well considering what she was given and how Kairi screwed up considering what she was given.

Xion was a clone who didn't even have the courage to be sociable early on in the game. She was silent most of the time, even when she was on missions with Roxas. Yet over time, she becomes more outgoing and eventually becomes a loyal friend to Axel and Roxas. (until Xemnas brainwashes her that is).

Kairi, on the other hand, was a normal girl who had been blessed with a normal and good life. Sure she had a rough early childhood what with Xehanort sending her away to Destiny Islands and everything, but once she was on the island, she was immediately met with friendship. But then she started to screw things up a bit.

Sure, Kairi had a strong loyalty to Sora, but what about Riku, her other "best friend"? Here are some examples:

*In KH1, Kairi wakes up in Hallow Bastion and finds Ansem SOD summoning the Heartless. She realizes that Riku is being possessed by him, yet instead of ignoring Riku's orders to run away and staying to help him with Donald and Goofy, Kairi runs off. However, when she finds Sora surrounded by Heartless later on, she wraps herself around him in an attempt to shield him.

*In KH2, Kairi isn't even worried that Riku might be hurt or harmed, despite the fact that when she last saw him, he was being possessed by Ansem SOD. And later, when the trio is together again, Kairi remarks how she and Sora will be together everyday, yet doesn't say anything about spending time with Riku.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Let me just add to this a bit. I think that it should also be noted how Xion did well considering what she was given and how Kairi screwed up considering what she was given.

I actually didn't want this to escalate into this :X but bleh. *goes along*

(until Xemnas brainwashes her that is).

He didn't brainwash her. Xion knew that at that point, either she or Roxas will have to go away. Seeing how she was a Replica vs. Roxas being the true Nobody, she decided it was best for her to be the one to go away, and the only way in which that was possible was to get Roxas to fight her seriously.
I can only imagine that had she won, she'd have returned to Sora either way, but then Sora's vessel would've been screwed, so.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
I actually didn't want this to escalate into this :X but bleh. *goes along*

He didn't brainwash her. Xion knew that at that point, either she or Roxas will have to go away. Seeing how she was a Replica vs. Roxas being the true Nobody, she decided it was best for her to be the one to go away, and the only way in which that was possible was to get Roxas to fight her seriously.
I can only imagine that had she won, she'd have returned to Sora either way, but then Sora's vessel would've been screwed, so.

Oh, I see. I guess I should have gotten Days after all. I'd actually know more about what I'm saying. XD

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Not quite :\ it was more Roxas's time in the Organization, and for better or worse - that IS what we got. Roxas going out on missions and slowly evolving into his KH2 persona due to his friendship with Axel and Xion, and his odd interactions with the remaining Organization members.
The fact he had little plot to call his own doesn't contradict this, as much as people might not like it.

This is true. :/

Any and all tragedies in that game were forced down your throat.

In Days or KH as a whole? Cuz when it came down to "sad tragedies" like Ansem the Wise' death or Axel's I felt like I can choose to sympathize or just feel "meh" about, and hoenstly sometimes I still flip flip whether their deaths made me feel sad. But with Xion it was like I was compelled to feel sorry for her or something, like if I didn't I was a bad person. Roxas holding her, the theme (so beautiful), her touching his cheek, it was all done for the sole purpose to make the audience feel for her... :/ i dunno, maybe i'm just picky about deaths.

Actually, yes. Yes, I can. Because Riku stopped being the cold hearted prick who'd do everything no matter the cost at the end of KH1, and even a bit before, when XH possessed him and kicked him out of his own vessel, thus clearing his mind and Heart of some Darkness, letting him return to his senses. He was worried in KH2 about not being able to face Sora and the others; he showed regret about what he did to Roxas (but that he HAD to given the circumstances). So yeah, I really think that giving the girl a chance to think things over and being friendly and compassionate towards her was in-character.

Too me, yes Riku would be compassionate, but he wouldn't look so attached to a person so quickly, I mean when he met Namine in CO and even after she explained the mess she had caused for Sora, Riku was kind. In Days it seemed that he was going out of his way to do a bunch of affectionate gestures. Even in the novel when he is with Namine he doesn't show the kind of affection towards Namine that he did for Xion. Yes the warmness from him is still there but in his way of being by her, protecting her, and just traveling with her. I remember in one Namine asked if she could go with Riku and he basically just shrugged without a speech of what she felt she had to do. And I kind of felt that Namine and Riku had been through enough together to earn a hug from Riku (a half hug at that).

She wasn't even really a Kairi xD;;; she was a lot more a Sora.

Yeah the Kairi thing is a bit of a stretch. xD

Thats the best answer anyone has ever given me, and I get where you are coming. She is a stronger female lead than Kairi but I still feel that implanting her in the middle of everything was rather odd. Sometimes if feels that Xion is an explanation herself. The whole second keyblade within Sora from Ven. Why in Coded the journal would have recollections of events that only Riku should have. Why Roxas...threw Riku Oblivion. An additional reason why Roxas decided to leave the Organization :/ but I'm glad that you actually took the time to talk to me instead of yell "ALL HAIL XION!" in my face.

Magnum

My only problem with Days is that you have to equip your level ups that take up a panel but other than that it is a pretty good game. I love the gameplay of the game mostly and it is a lot better handheld Kingdom Hearts than Chain of Memories. I didn't like the deck of cards in COM, it frustrated me when I was younger.

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But with Xion it was like I was compelled to feel sorry for her or something, like if I didn't I was a bad person. Roxas holding her, the theme (so beautiful), her touching his cheek, it was all done for the sole purpose to make the audience feel for her... :/ i dunno, maybe i'm just picky about deaths.

The highlights you raised reminded me of Sora's suicide scene in KH1. And several self sacrifices and loses in BBS as well.
I agree it was "shoved down our throats" because, unlike most other scenes (most because I do compare this quite a bit to Sora's suicide scene) didn't get quite that much attention. Oh and Repliku.
I actually hold this against the other scenes, mind. Part of why I DIDN'T feel bad for AtW was that he wasn't too much of a character for me, and his "death" scene was swallowed in the rapid flow of the plot. Goofy got far more respect in his "death" because they actually stopped to mention it. With AtW, it was ".......oh look, Riku's hot again! <3"
But with Sora and Xion, and Repliku, you got pauses. You got whole scenes dedicated to their "loss". With me it was different than with you, though. I didn't feel compelled to feel the loss, but more like I was given permission to do so. This wasn't a trolling, or lulzy scene like AtW or even Goofy - they stopped, gave you a last chance to part with a character they hoped you related to so far, and then had them go away (only Sora came back, lol).

Too me, yes Riku would be compassionate, but he wouldn't look so attached to a person so quickly, I mean when he met Namine in CO and even after she explained the mess she had caused for Sora, Riku was kind. In Days it seemed that he was going out of his way to do a bunch of affectionate gestures. Even in the novel when he is with Namine he doesn't show the kind of affection towards Namine that he did for Xion. Yes the warmness from him is still there but in his way of being by her, protecting her, and just traveling with her. I remember in one Namine asked if she could go with Riku and he basically just shrugged without a speech of what she felt she had to do. And I kind of felt that Namine and Riku had been through enough together to earn a hug from Riku (a half hug at that).

Namine was a girl Riku didn't know. Despite his "you and Kairi smell the same" comment, which I still see more as "you and that Kairi in the Light smell the same", he didn't know whose Nobody Namine was.
Xion, he knew from the get-go she was a Replica. Then he knew WHOSE Replica she was supposed to be, and then saw her face which he knew beyond a doubt was Kairi's. So yeah. I can see why he'd be "instantly" affectionate and open, especially seeing how, bottom line? He wasn't even all that hostile when they first met in Beast's Castle. Xion attacked, he knocked her out. No hard feelings, nothing personal. And then it did get personal first because of the Replica issue.
As for Namine, iirc, most of what you talked about was after Roxas was dragged in? Correct me if I'm wrong. Riku did go through quite a traumatic experience then, though, of doing something he regretted so much to Roxas and falling to the Darkness. I doubt he even wanted Namine to come along, but didn't have the resolve to deny her.

Sometimes if feels that Xion is an explanation herself.

And that's bad why? Everything you wrote in the spoiler did, in fact, needed to be explained. How Ven's Keyblade, despite his Heart being broken, managed to be utilized - Xion brought him to the surface. The Memories in Coded - Xion causing Riku's Memories to flow into Sora. Roxas throwing Riku the Oblivion and then not taking it back (assuming he knew) - Xion wanted him to do so so she can stop him and save him. And yes, a reason for Roxas to leave the Organization, seeing how if this is how Nomura sees the Organization, Sora Memories be damned - I can't see Roxas leaving for the life of me. They'd have sugar coated it.
And you know what personally irks me about this?
Ven is an explanation to why Roxas doesn't look like Sora and why Sora can Duel Wield
Terra is an explanation to the Lingering Sentiment which bloody ironically was non-canon originally and Xehanort's younger appearance
Aqua was explanation to Kairi being able to Wield and Castle Oblivion
You may say "oh, but those stuff happened before BBS was released! This was planned!"
1) Nothing's planned in KH. Nothing. KH2 was set a year after KH1 for freaking dramatic effect.
2) Does this mean those things didn't need to be explained? No.
3) You brought in examples which show that Xion's already explaining future installments and plot details! Just like Namine ended up basing installments which came in OUR time after her introduction-game, Xion's doing the same thing now.
So. I really don't see why Xion being an "explanation" is bad. :\ It ties in nicely, gives us possible plot lines, and elaborates on things we've already known but needed elaboration on, like why Roxas managed to Duel Wield despite the pathetic condition of Ven's Heart.
So really. I've nothing against this.

Though I meant it more in the sense that most Mary Sues will just get magical powers for no reason at all. Xion had a damn good reason to have the powers she had. She was created for that very same purpose.
Excuse me if I prefer her reason for Wielding, even if it's a fake Keyblade, eternally better than how Kairi became a Wielder - a fun fact even Nomura went out of his way to say was an accident.

but I'm glad that you actually took the time to talk to me instead of yell "ALL HAIL XION!" in my face.

Well, you did ask nicely, and I do love a good rant. ;3
Thanks for reading and wanting to see the other side :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back