• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What bothers you in a song most?..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Just wondering if there was ever something said or done in a song that annoys you/pisses you off/ makes you want to go 'ugh' ..

For me, one of those things is hearing someone laugh in the beginning before the song even really begins. It just annoys me to no end ..like ..what the hell is so funny?..

Songs that include that are:

30 Seconds To Mars - Fantasy
Busta Rhymes - Touch It.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I usually don't like the noises from the environment (like trains, crowd chatting, etc.). Though some songs use it well, I generally just find it distracting.

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I really don't like an overload of synthesizer. Jump from Van Halen anyone? Otherwise, it's a great song.

αsiя

space coke
mentioning other artists in your songs (party in usa, tik tok)

but The Seeker by The Who is an exception

Xiao

Awards
I was just about to bring up tik tok.

Besides being a terrible song, that "Hey what up girl?" seems to be something that a four year old added off a soundboard anywhere he could find. Doesn't fit, and annoys the hell outta me when I hear it at parties.

Xiao

Awards
As far as laughing in the beginning of the song, I don't think it's ALWAYS bad...I don't mind it in Feel Good Inc.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Yes but Feel Good Inc. ..that was PART of the song. The songs I named have nothing to do with the song, its just the Artists laughing about nothing until they decide to let the song roll.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
When lyrics are repeated way too much in the same way like in some Taylor Swift songs I think the lyrics are repeated way too much and sung in the same exact way, and when people think they can sing and can`t.

ZackFair

I really hate it when songs have annoying backup singers. Some songs would be alot better without the retarded backup singers that serve no purpose.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Auto-tune it is so stupid, if you use it you just can't sing.

oh my god it's enhancement. not a crutch. autotune hate is so retarded, it's like saying everyone who wears make-up does it because they're naturally ugly.

I was just about to bring up tik tok.

Besides being a terrible song, that "Hey what up girl?" seems to be something that a four year old added off a soundboard anywhere he could find. Doesn't fit, and annoys the hell outta me when I hear it at parties.

I hate it when people who think they can sing try to and somehow become singers.

AKA Tik Tok singer whatsherface.

omg how did I miss this ke$ha hate?! stuff yourselves! D:<

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Look at 99% of songs that come out these days and there are many annoying factors, but there are two that come in first place in my opinion: stupid lyrics and over-synthing the singer's voice.

You know that song by N-Dubz? I forgot what it's called, but it goes something like, "I've been searching all over Facebook but I can't seem to find you." Yeah, you can't get much more annoying than that--mentioning popular technology in songs really pisses me off which is why I can't stand 50 Cent since he raffles on about Ferraris and money all the time. On the same lines, I can't stand lyrics that try so hard to be deep and meaningful but are actually something you could pull out of your ass without two thoughts; i.e. "Baby, I love you," or "I will wait for you foreverrr," or "We gotta fight for this love!" Love songs can be nice but their lyrics are sometimes overbearingly awful that you can't stand listening to them; same with songs about violence (i.e. Bring Me the Horizon) and "I will kill you," or "I will make you beg and plead," etc., etc. All in all: lyrics that are no-brainers.

Secondly, when you oversynthesise a singer's voice. I don't really have to say anything more than the two next words: Cheryl Cole.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
Look at 99% of songs that come out these days and there are many annoying factors, but there are two that come in first place in my opinion: stupid lyrics and over-synthing the singer's voice.

You know that song by N-Dubz? I forgot what it's called, but it goes something like, "I've been searching all over Facebook but I can't seem to find you." Yeah, you can't get much more annoying than that--mentioning popular technology in songs really pisses me off which is why I can't stand 50 Cent since he raffles on about Ferraris and money all the time. On the same lines, I can't stand lyrics that try so hard to be deep and meaningful but are actually something you could pull out of your ass without two thoughts; i.e. "Baby, I love you," or "I will wait for you foreverrr," or "We gotta fight for this love!" Love songs can be nice but their lyrics are sometimes overbearingly awful that you can't stand listening to them; same with songs about violence (i.e. Bring Me the Horizon) and "I will kill you," or "I will make you beg and plead," etc., etc. All in all: lyrics that are no-brainers.

Secondly, when you oversynthesise a singer's voice. I don't really have to say anything more than the two next words: Cheryl Cole.
I don't normally like it either, except if it's dethklok, then i burst out laughing. (You people out there have given us more than just record deals, you have given us something to hate, and we hate you, you brainless mutants)

ohhh god! Any mention of facebook makes me wanna puke...

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i hate it when there's no base part
and when its amateur composing

like they try to make a base line made out of "chords" when they don't even know what chords are.

they're like "hm well ill just play 3 notes that sound pretty and just play a note that sounds pretty here.."
when they're probably fucking up the song by making like a A sus4 chord in one hand then like some fucking Bb M7 in the other. it just makes no fucking sense at all.
oh and when the song doesn't end in the key that it's in, >~> [song is in C# major, but it ends on a Db, i mean wtf? stay in your goddamn key and just write E # and end it witha fucking C# dude]

ugh i hate having to use double sharps and double flats in songs. it's so annoying, why couldn't they just transcribe it in the same key with same steps and all ? >~> it gets so confusing!

i hate having melody B just be melody A in a different octave, that's just laziness. it's like "oh well i don't know what to do so ill just make this C5 instead of C4 yeah that will make a difference! "

oh for vocal songs, i hate how almost like all american singers suck at singing. like wtf are they so famous? you fucking suck shit ! >~>
what? does the music industry look for people who can sing in C so that it's easy to edit and change keys ? >~> ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back