• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Toonami

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Sailor Moon was the Best. I remember me telling my mom to change my Dentists appointment because it would be on when Sailor Moon was on. Then we remembered that they changed the time so I would be at the Dentists during Sailor Moon anyway. I remember when they killed off Tom, then gave him Tom 2.0 (scary, he was dissolved in Acid). They even took off the Yu-gi-oh reruns of the first and second season.

Oblivionite

I remember when I used to be like "ughhh hurry up sailor moon finish so I can watch the cell saga!"

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Hamtaro pretty much started my hatred for Toonami. I loved my DBZ, Yusuke, and all the other amazing shows. It use to be from 3-6 then on fridays they would show a anime movie. Those were the days. Now its just another thing on Cartoon Network i dont care about. I mean i remember watching CN all the time but now i pretty much only watch it at night for adult swim. Its sad just to see how far CN has fallen. And now they even screwed with the Monday night lineup on Adult Swim this station just pisses me off now.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

What happened to CN. Not only did I watch CN for toonami, but i also watched it for the classics. An old Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fud, Popeye, etc. What wroong with the kids shows today, although i liked Billy and Mandy all the other kid shows were retarded. I cant even stand My Gym Partner is a Monkey. Whats wrong with TV altogether now....did you know that Cookie Monster from Sesame Street was banned from eating cookies because of Americas obesity.....WTH, and Looney Tunes was pretty cut off because Daffy Duck would get shot at or Wile E. would get blown up. I too have started relying on Comedy Central because it seem the good old days are gone.

Sonic the Hegehog
Smurfs
Looney Tunes
DBZ
Digimon
Ronin Warriors
Ninja Turtles
Reboot

the list goes on..........(sigh)

Nojerom

Resilience
Website
www.facebook.com
Hamtaro pretty much started my hatred for Toonami. I loved my DBZ, Yusuke, and all the other amazing shows. It use to be from 3-6 then on fridays they would show a anime movie. Those were the days. Now its just another thing on Cartoon Network i dont care about. I mean i remember watching CN all the time but now i pretty much only watch it at night for adult swim. Its sad just to see how far CN has fallen. And now they even screwed with the Monday night lineup on Adult Swim this station just pisses me off now.

God, I hated Hamtaro. It was so gay. Gosh, I thought watching Disney Channel was better than that. I almost broke the tv because I had to watch it once. Cartoon Network is for little kiddies now. They don't even show good movies. Goosebumps are okay, but the rest... God, I'm not seven.

What happened to CN. Not only did I watch CN for toonami, but i also watched it for the classics. An old Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fud, Popeye, etc. What wroong with the kids shows today, although i liked Billy and Mandy all the other kid shows were retarded. I cant even stand My Gym Partner is a Monkey. Whats wrong with TV altogether now....did you know that Cookie Monster from Sesame Street was banned from eating cookies because of Americas obesity.....WTH, and Looney Tunes was pretty cut off because Daffy Duck would get shot at or Wile E. would get blown up. I too have started relying on Comedy Central because it seem the good old days are gone.

Sonic the Hegehog
Smurfs
Looney Tunes
DBZ
Digimon
Ronin Warriors
Ninja Turtles
Reboot

the list goes on..........(sigh)

They need to make a separate channel. Cartoon Network is just for little kids. Their commercials are of little ten-year-old children. Gosh danget. I even turn to Boomerang for classics now.

Oblivionite

Wow..How could I forget Zoids?

Is it just me, or is the animation in the new shows on CN getting worse?

NIGHTMAREQUEEN

The Old Toonami line up

The Powerpuff Girls
Ronin Warriors
Dragon Ball Z (FUNimation dub)
G-Force: Guardians of Space
Gundam Wing
Tenchi Muyo!
Batman: The Animated Series
Tenchi Universe
Tenchi in Tokyo
Superman: The Animated Series
Blue Submarine No. 6
Outlaw Star
The Big O
Cardcaptors
Mobile Suit Gundam
08th MS Team
Dragon Ball
Gundam 0080
Batman Beyond
Zoids: New Century Zero
Hamtaro
Zoids: Chaotic Century
G Gundam
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Transformers: Armada
G.I. Joe
Samurai Jack
IGPX (micro-series)
.hack//SIGN
Martian Successor Nadesico (Giant Robot Week)
Gigantor (Giant Robot Week)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Giant Robot Week)
Dai-Guard (Giant Robot Week)
Rurouni Kenshin
YuYu Hakusho
Justice League
Cyborg 009
SD Gundam
Dragon Ball GT
Star Wars: Clone Wars
Zoids: Fuzors

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Oh man, toonami had the best shows ever! Tenchi, that was a classic! For months of been trying to remember the title and all I could say to my friends was that it was a show with a cat that turned to a ship lmao. Rurouni Kenshin was one of those shows I wished stayed so much longer. Next to DBZ, best show ever made IMO. Gundam Wing was the only gundum series I liked, I wish I had recored the movie when I had the chance. Cardcaptors was pretty good and IGPX was amazing too, just way to short. Transformers Armada was great, but I hated the way the series after it looked. It's just too bad I don't remember the story lines behind most of the shows they featured since I was like 7. And they canceled Teen Titans last year, with the most climatic episode I had ever seen. CN needs to turn Saturdays to like "Retro Saturday" or something...

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Oh my gosh, Toonami. I remember watching since I was in kindergarden YEARS ago. It used to be hosted by Moltar, but then they changed it to Tom. If it weren't for Toonami, I wouldn't have seen so much anime and still been into anime today. My first animes were on there (Sailor Moon, Ronin Warriors, DBZ, etc.) I watched it for so many years and I didn't really mind the new anime they added like CardCaptors and all that stuff. Then I got into watching Adult Swim after Toonami (Shoulda kept AS the same way back then too with the whole Saturday Night Anime). Reboot scared the heck out of me though. o_O

It wasn't until a few years ago, bout the time that Zatch Bell came on, that I only watched it every now and then I missed several episodes of YuYu Hakusho cause they moved it, and soon I rarely watched Toonami (Watched Bobobo-bobobobo for laughs o_O). Then I saw it last March and heard the voiceovers of some old anime. It was the tenth aniversary and I was surprised that they gave Tom a face and settled him a jungle in the middle of nowhere. I didn't watch Toonami a whole lot after that and now I don't even think they broadcast it anymore, they just show anime.

I really liked the old Tom with the no face. At first he was short and fat, then he got all tall and cooler! lol SARA was cool too. I even called in for which ship part to add when part of Tom's ship broke off. I didn't think that Hamtaro would be brodcasted though. "Well, they are pretty cute" ~Tom. Loved the music vids and mixes of anime they showed.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I remember they showed fanart too! I only remember seeing a few though, one being Sailor Moon. I tried drawing, but Little kid + drawing = Eeeeeew......o_O

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
Eh, Toonami got me into a lot of anime like Yu-Yu-Hakusho/Cowboy Bebop/ and mostly Rurouni Kenshin.

Back when DBZ was on after school was awesome, especially back to back episodes since tv in that time slot sucked ass by comparison. DBZ isn't the greatest show ever, but it was/is enjoyable to watch at least. These days Toonami is shit besides running One Piece (meh, I watch Fansubs, but still the new english voices are much better than 4Kids, so i watch just for them) and... i don't even know what else they air.

CN in general is going down slowly, and has been for a while. No more Futurama is mehhhh. They're turning into Fox 2.0 with airing Family Guy and American Dad. Both shows really don't do it for me anymore. Once in a while Family Guy is alright, but American Dad is never funny. I guess I don't have the right mentality to enjoy these 15 minute shitty animated shows that they love to air. They're not funny, they just try to be edgy and COOL instead of being well written or have decent jokes. They go for shock value these days, which is pitiful, really. I blame that with the rise in popularity of Family Guy and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, but meh.

These days I find myself clicking to CN, seeing a shitty show on, and wandering over to Comedy Central. Soon new Futurama will be airing there, and in addition they still have South Park and actually funny things on there.

My best advice for Toonami... don't watch it. If you want to watch anime, go buy the dvds, because anime like Cowboy Bebop/DBZ/Trigun/Rurouni Kenshin are watchable no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back