• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Junk Food Thread.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

moonstar_xo

idk if this counts as junk food because it's like...almost kinda healthy, but those Sabra hummus and pretzels packs? They are amazing. I had some yesterday and I forgot how much I loved them.

Muke

whatever
Awards
NOEM_Kakaomilch_500ml_Tetra-Eifel_V2-img.png

This is best.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Does she have a phobia of fizzy drinks and cans?

It feels like it. She's very picky about what she eats. Supposedly part of her Aspergers, however. Tonight, I watched as she ate around a steak that was made for her, because she decided she didn't like it. She does this for basically all food, save for pasta.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
My sister is the same. She hasn't ever tried any soft drinks. She only drinks Orange Juice, and she's very particular about it. If you serve her an OJ in a glass with ice, she won't drink it. She'll just stare at it. I've noticed she seems genuinely afraid of fizzy drinks. When she was younger, and you would ask her if she could hold a drink, she would outright refuse. She's a teenager now, but whenever I see her hold someone's can, she's not grasping it firmly, she's holding it by her fingers, as if she doesn't want it to touch her palm.

It feels like it. She's very picky about what she eats. Supposedly part of her Aspergers, however. Tonight, I watched as she ate around a steak that was made for her, because she decided she didn't like it. She does this for basically all food, save for pasta.

I'm exactly like that, but instead of OJ, I can only drink water. I used to only ever be able to drink ice water, and I absolutely despised bottled water. Now, I drink Arrowhead bottled water all the time because it tastes like the tap water from my hometown... Also I'd do that with soda cans. I kind of hold them from either the top or bottom where I don't have to touch them much.
Quoted second part because I'm also on the spectrum and yes, it's definitely related to autism/aspergers (which is part of autism). Anything that's off like that is sensory Bad News.

On the junk food topic, my former (she left us for another state 2 weeks ago) store manager would fill our break room with snacks for us after fundraisers. Right now, there's a bunch if rice krispy treats left over, and I ate at least 3 today... they're just so good,,,

Last edited:

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I don't like fizzy drinks either, never have. It just feels gross, and they taste way too sugary too. Weird that I like spicy food though, no bubbles allowed only pain.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I'm exactly like that, but instead of OJ, I can only drink water. I used to only ever be able to drink ice water, and I absolutely despised bottled water. Now, I drink Arrowhead bottled water all the time because it tastes like the tap water from my hometown... Also I'd do that with soda cans. I kind of hold them from either the top or bottom where I don't have to touch them much.
Quoted second part because I'm also on the spectrum and yes, it's definitely related to autism/aspergers (which is part of autism). Anything that's off like that is sensory Bad News.

On the junk food topic, my former (she left us for another state 2 weeks ago) store manager would fill our break room with snacks for us after fundraisers. Right now, there's a bunch if Rice Krispy treats left over, and I ate at least three today... they're just so good,,,
I think I saw some pastry that looked like some Rice Krispy bars or brownies or whatever they were called at Walmart today. Their texture or whatever it is called, made me think they were Rice Krispy bars. They were in the red, white and blue colors since the Fourth of July is coming up. I wonder if they are soft like a brownie or tough like a Rice Krispy bar.

UmbraTsuki

Awards
I think I saw some pastry that looked like some Rice Krispy bars or brownies or whatever they were called at Walmart today. Their texture or whatever it is called, made me think they were Rice Krispy bars. They were in the red, white and blue colors since the Fourth of July is coming up. I wonder if they are soft like a brownie or tough like a Rice Krispy bar.
That sounds really interesting. If it involves chocolate, I'd try that. I just really love chocolate. Maybe I should check Walmart.

Tim Griffin

Oh well can't believe people have never tried soft drinks before. I LOVE soft drinks hahaha. Except Dr. Pepper.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I should get more milk. Gosh, has anyone ever had cereal with chocolate milk? Life with Derek had a character that said that she should try it after hearing Derek's little sister, eating cereal with chocolate milk. I might also want to get some spoons.

Tim Griffin

Well I have never tried cereal with chocolate milk as the cereal I like eating is already so sweet xd. But I tried eating "golded fish cereal" xd.

Kagayaki

Awards
So, there's a $.001 per ounce tax on sweetened beverages in Cook County. Good thing I moved out last year.

I'm not sure why they're doing this. There's already a high tax on cigarettes and alcohol. Sugar is far less dangerous than those. And not everybody likes sugar or can have it. And I'm pretty sure that the tax won't change how much sugar people consume anyway.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
So, there's a $.001 per ounce tax on sweetened beverages in Cook County. Good thing I moved out last year.

I'm not sure why they're doing this. There's already a high tax on cigarettes and alcohol. Sugar is far less dangerous than those. And not everybody likes sugar or can have it. And I'm pretty sure that the tax won't change how much sugar people consume anyway.
I think they are trying to get childhood obesity rates to go down.

Kagayaki

Awards
I went to the Anime Midwest Lolita tea party with Misako Aoki. They had so much good stuff there. They had healthy sandwiches, but also lemon bars, cream puffs, and big cupcakes with swirly icing. I was wondering what those bread things were at the bottom of the tray, but when I ate them, I found out they were mini scones, with no flavoring in them. They were really dry, and I think they were supposed to go with the jam that was on the table. Oh well. At least I know what real British scones taste like. The tea party was well worth the 50 dollar ticket.

Oh, but just now I realized, they didn't have macarons! Macarons are usually a staple for Lolita tea parties. I think the 50 bucks was mostly for Misako's presence.

Back