• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer at E3 2015

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
My God... when I watched this live... I freaked out. I would like to note a few things though.

1. It seems that the Health meters aren't animated anymore like they were in the original gameplay prototype
2. Is it just me or does the chess game seem to be foreshadowing who's going to be the 13 darknesses and the 7 lights?
3. Is this actual gameplay? I don't know how this stuff works, but nothing is moving around in the UI at all during the gameplay. I mean it looks like actual gameplay soooo...
It's not a real UI, it's stuck over the top of the footage.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Now that the hype has run its course a bit, and the excitement has been toned down, I'd like to talk about some of the negative points I have with the current build:

- animation could be way better and looks pretty stiff for a current-gen game
- camera seems to be having a hard time keeping up with all the crazy attacks
- texture-work needs work, especially for the in-game models
- AI doesn't look that smart
- HUD looks ugly

Now, obviously, this is a work-in-progress and honestly wasn't expecting them to be this far into development already. However, these are still issues that I hope will be fixed in the final product. The huge areas look amazing, but I remember how frustrating DDD was at times when you died at the end of a big area and needed to restart at the start of said area, so that's another concern I have.

Ayesha-97

Re: Kingdom Hearts 3 at Square Enix Conference - New Trailer!

Dayummm! Sora looks fine! He's so mature, handsome and the way he handles that Keyblade in the trailer! Seriously cannot wait for this game to come out. I will buy it and probably finish it in the first week! [video=youtube;NKo4BgDnlfQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKo4BgDnlfQ[/video]
And can we please just look at Eraqus; so fucking cute!!!

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
So I guess I am the one who will complain about this :p

- Graphics look good. They have probably a long way ahead of them do this could improve vastly but I can't help but drool over most of the stuff they are showing us. The beautiful areas, the grass turning when you cast aero, the particle effects, the gorgeous lightning. Animation needs work but the overall feel is very good. Love the artstyle they are going for.

- The gameplay looks flashy.. like, really flashy. I am wondering if this is because they just have a lot of stuff they want to show and "wow" the audience or if this game is gonna turn out like another KH2. I would like for it to have more substance than that - not another "press Δ to win" game.

It looks like it's relying too much on summons, transformations,shotlocks, QTEs, theme park attacks etc. I am not too crazy about a train coming to pick me up and having to press a button a button every now and then after that to defeat the villains.

It looks cool but it doesn't look like it's gonna be fun to play. Hopefully it's just a demonstration thing and the gameplay will be more varied - seriously, Sora must have used his keyblade to strike the Heartless 2-3 times in the whole demo, the rest was magic/special attacks.

- The design... oh boy... Nomura has created Sora in his own image... This is the best I can do to explain it. I absolutely hate Sora's design.

I don't like the colours but I can deal with that. I still think KH2's clothes are the best. Hopefully a DLC costume can rectify that.

I don't like how the design is leaner than the old clothes. Everything is less.. puffy.. His outer pockets are gone, his belt is positioned under his vest etc etc. I may be nipticking, but I am not very fond of the whole aesthetic. I also have a feeling that it has something to do with having a simpler model so that they don't have to do complicated clothing simulation while playing with him. I guess I can give that a pass as well.

What I really don't like is (1) the emo hair and the (2) neckline cut. Let me show you what I mean

Sora has two models in this trailer.

The one is from the demo we've seen in 2013 and now on Olympus (with the KH2 clothes) and the newer, emo model with the newer clothes and hair.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Notice the hairline. His bangs are now different and make him look weird. His overall design is also kinda depressing IMO (guess Nomura's burning anger is to blame). Lastly, am I the only one who thinks that his neckline makes him look.. well.. gay?? Anyone else that prefers the old design all in all?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Notice the hairline. His bangs are now different and make him look weird. His overall design is also kinda depressing IMO (guess Nomura's burning anger is to blame). Lastly, am I the only one who thinks that his neckline makes him look.. well.. gay?? Anyone else that prefers the old design all in all?

I think it's a little bit too much, but there's time to adjust. Not sure how a neckline makes you look gay without relying on harmful stereotypes. Care to enlighten or pick less offensive terminology?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
grenohoward-01.jpg

10277477_855061987876286_52196947477041184_n.jpg

Okay this was amazing and I urge anyone with a PS4 to do it too.

Download the new Media Player on PS4.
Download the trailer.
Put a USB in your computer and make a folder.
Put the trailer into that folder.
Put the USB into your PS4 and launch Media Player.
Watch the trailer on your TV.

I'm definitely doing that. I don't know if my body can handle the awesomeness

Hakan Xatos

Awards
This trailer was awesome! Seeing a peek of Eraqus and Xehanort's origins. Sora's new combos and gameplay (note flow motion returns!). New world from Tangled. Rock Titan looks like a devastating boss. Only thing is Sora does like a tad strange in his new clothes. Doesn't look finished yet so they'll probably change them up a bit before the release. Speaking of release, still no date. Not too surprised because it looked unrefined still. However a great trailer nonetheless!

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
- The design... oh boy... Nomura has created Sora in his own image... This is the best I can do to explain it. I absolutely hate Sora's design.

I don't like the colours but I can deal with that. I still think KH2's clothes are the best. Hopefully a DLC costume can rectify that.

I don't like how the design is leaner than the old clothes. Everything is less.. puffy.. His outer pockets are gone, his belt is positioned under his vest etc etc. I may be nipticking, but I am not very fond of the whole aesthetic. I also have a feeling that it has something to do with having a simpler model so that they don't have to do complicated clothing simulation while playing with him. I guess I can give that a pass as well.

What I really don't like is (1) the emo hair and the (2) neckline cut. Let me show you what I mean

Sora has two models in this trailer.

The one is from the demo we've seen in 2013 and now on Olympus (with the KH2 clothes) and the newer, emo model with the newer clothes and hair.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I definitely see where you're coming from. I think it just looks so off both so much of his upper chest is exposed, even the necklace is touching his bare chest. Looks pretty weird, I'm sure they can still change that though. I'm okay with the hair, looked better before but doesn't bother me so much.

DLC costumes, that'll be interesting. I'm sure they'll have some silly costumes in store

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Everything about the KH coverage was glorious, from the trolling, to Roy conli being called master xehanort, to that fucking beautiful trailer. The new art style is a little off-putting yet at the same time spectacular, the only thing that really bothers me is: if that's Drake Bell voicing YE like I think I will be so pissed.

GOTY 2025 guys

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I think it's a little bit too much, but there's time to adjust. Not sure how a neckline makes you look gay without relying on harmful stereotypes. Care to enlighten or pick less offensive terminology?

I don't see how it's offensive (??). To me it looks like something a gay person would wear. I'm not saying that's bad, it is what it is. To someone else it might just look "weird" or "off". I just find it's a strange design choice by Nomura and I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Awards

^This.

I don't see how it's offensive (??). To me it looks like something a gay person would wear. I'm not saying that's bad, it is what it is. To someone else it might just look "weird" or "off". I just find it's a strange design choice by Nomura and I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

You're stereotyping gay men by saying v-necks are something only they would wear. Yes that is offensive because not all gay men walk around wearing those kind of clothes. But all that for another day.

I like the new neckline, but it's a matter of personal taste I suppose. Also his hair is starting to resemble Roxas' a bit, am I the only one who sees it that way? I mean we've had (alleged) effects of Roxas on Sora's hair (becoming lighter in color and whatnot). So how about it?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Actually, I got the impression Sora had a similar look to Tidus from FFX with his upper chest being exposed with the necklace. I also don't find it gay either. The new look was something I happen to like for the most part. :3 He's older by another year, so his hair should be a little longer. As far as the rest of his clothes look, they're good to me and less of an eyesore and the under coat looks like it resembles Noctis jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back