• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 footage of Sora vs Aqua battle at TGS 2018!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Ahahahaha... Forget being afraid of spoilers. Start being afraid of SE's KH3 marketing moves.
This went from "Nomura you don't reveal enough!" to "NOMURA PLEASE NO DON'T SHOW US MORE" very fast. I never thought I'd say something like this
I agree with Laurel on the Infinity War trailer thing, showing lots of events in the trailers but so heavily decontextualized and chronologically vague that no one can ever guess what is actually happening there. Rewatching Infinity War trailers after seeing the movie taught me how well-made a trailer can be without even revealing a single true fact about the narrative. Aka trailers can be master trolls in a good way
But this is plain frightening, even if Sora is a placeholder playable character. Fighting Aqua was pretty much supposed to be a huge thing, but they revealed it like it was... nothing 'that' important. I feel bad for our mods who are the newshounds, they can't avoid seeing new content and if the new content will be of THIS kind... brrrr...

this is so sad, KHI play Chikai
"I don't wanna knooow"

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
That might be the case for the English VAs, but they typically try to keep the Japanese VAs aware of the events surrounding the scenes they are recording for. The VA culture is much different in Japan than in the West.

I may be mistaken, but it seems like they just feign surprise sometimes in these kinds of streams lol. Like, when they brought attention to the new Mickey plushies that were clearly visible on the desk the whole time, I heard like half the people on stage scream "eehhhhhh!???" as if they didn't know it was there the whole time lol. So I dunno.

Don't get me wrong, it could be seen as suspicious still ha. Especially since I think the cut to Sora was weird as well. Just that I could see them acting none the wiser for the show as well lol.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I really don’t think this is a red herring as far as Sora goes. I think this clip being shown is probably why Sora and Aqua’s voice actors were the two on the panel to begin with.

shady543

Awards
Could it be possible that they took out Sora talking because they wanted his actor to act out the scene? Considering he was like "AQUA!?!?"?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Could it be possible that they took out Sora talking because they wanted his actor to act out the scene? Considering he was like "AQUA!?!?"?
Then wouldn't they have removed Aqua's voiced lines and had Megumi Toyoguchi voice it live? They were both yelling things throughout the entire thing that weren't a part of the scene.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Has it been mentioned here that Aqua has a reflection but Sora doesn't?

shady543

Awards
Yeah this is looking more and more like something that was made purely as like a gift to the voice actors being there.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

I think it is just Aqua saying, “All that’s left in my heart is misery and despair... And I want you to feel it!” Sora probably says stuff beforehand where he is pleading with her or something. But Aqua’s line is meant to be the stinger that leads into the fight. The shots after her line are basically a cutscene version of the old battle transitions.

I am also theorizing that the reason he is alone is probably because Aqua restrained Donald and Goofy the same she did Mickey in the other trailer rather than Sora traveling into the RoD by himself.

Hmm... that is interesting. Sora is confirmed to be a vampire. This game is wild.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It could be that his reflection would have shown Master Defender as his equipped Keyblade, which I’m thinking we may be forced to use for this particular fight for story reasons.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
wow good catch chaser didnt notice it which sora was just a cover up for the secdond playable character

I think it is more of case of Marvel hiding Thanos’ Infinity Stones in Infinity War’s marketing than what it would be like if they’d advertised Iron Man in a fight against Thanos that was actually Captain America. To me, it seems unwise to show a Sora vs Aqua fight and then it turn out to be a cheap ploy in the final work. I don’t really care that much if it is someone else fighting Aqua, but if that’s the case, they just should have shown them or not shown the fight at all. But if they’re just hiding Sora’s weapon, that’s not such a big deal. Still deceptive marketing, but a little bit more forgivable.

Sdog

Awards

I feel like he does though. It just seems that way at first cause the water he's standing over at the beginning is darker while Aqua's has more light making it easier to see. You can see throughout the fight as they move around hers isn't that visible in the darker sections.

Can't believe discussion has gotten to this point lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I feel like he does though. It just seems that way at first cause the water he's standing over at the beginning is darker while Aqua's has more light making it easier to see. You can see throughout the fight as they move around hers isn't that visible in the darker sections.

Can't believe discussion has gotten to this point lol
It's easier to see during gameplay, but he doesn't have a reflection whereas Aqua does

z4k5vD9.png

iXRRYS4.png

You can see in the second image that Aqua has one but Sora doesn't.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I may be mistaken, but it seems like they just feign surprise sometimes in these kinds of streams lol. Like, when they brought attention to the new Mickey plushies that were clearly visible on the desk the whole time, I heard like half the people on stage scream "eehhhhhh!???" as if they didn't know it was there the whole time lol. So I dunno.
I thought the same thing, I'm pretty sure the actors were, you know, acting. They might not have been told that exact scene would play which might have contributed some authenticity to their reaction but their job as panelists was to play to the audience and that's what they did. Because we were definitely supposed to be like, "eeehhhhh?!?!" Haha. It was the stuff of late night talk show performances.

I don't think Sora is a placeholder, maybe the scene isn't quite finished or something but it seems a little too conspiratorial and it would just be in really bad faith on SE's part to game the gamers that way. There's really no reason to hide who the second playable character is at this point, TGS is as a good a time to reveal it as any, and if anyone other than Sora were to face off against Aqua it's 99% likely to be Riku which is no big shock to anyone's system.

I do find it intriguing that people consider this too heavy of a spoiler. It's just a boss fight which has been heavily telegraphed since E3, no different than knowing we'll fight the Titans. I thought it was gimmicky that they didn't show more tbh.

Hirokey123

Awards
It's easier to see during gameplay, but he doesn't have a reflection whereas Aqua does

z4k5vD9.png

iXRRYS4.png

You can see in the second image that Aqua has one but Sora doesn't.
But sora does have a reflection in that first picture, look at his shoes carefully you can make out the bottom of his shoes have been mirrored and are below where his shoes should be. It's more obvious in motion because the reflection ripples so you see the color of sora's shoes bleeding into the water and rippling.

Your second picture only supports what was just said that Aqua's reflection is seen because she is standing in the brighter areas of the water while Sora is always on the darker side of the lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back