• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 footage of Sora vs Aqua battle at TGS 2018!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
But sora does have a reflection in that first picture, look at his shoes carefully you can make out the bottom of his shoes have been mirrored and are below where his shoes should be. It's more obvious in motion because the reflection ripples so you see the color of sora's shoes bleeding into the water and rippling.

Your second picture only supports what was just said that Aqua's reflection is seen because she is standing in the brighter areas of the water while Sora is always on the darker side of the lighting.
How about during the battle, where he goes towards the lighter parts of water and he still doesn't have a reflection? The closest he gets is the ripples around his shoes looking like a reflection, but unlike Aqua that doesn't cast his entire render as a reflection.

It may be easier to see in the archive of the stream rather than our recording of the stream (@ 32minutes)

[video]https://youtu.be/tORuUe1oIUQ?t=31m57s[/video]

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
How about during the battle, where he goes towards the lighter parts of water and he still doesn't have a reflection? The closest he gets is the ripples around his shoes looking like a reflection, but unlike Aqua that doesn't cast his entire render as a reflection.

It may be easier to see in the archive of the stream rather than our recording of the stream (@ 32minutes)

Looks to me like Aqua also loses her reflection when she moves towards Sora. It doesn't seem to be very consistent either way when they're in motion, the most I can make out for either of them is a blurry smudge beneath their feet. It looks to me like the light and water are reacting the same to Sora as for Aqua, accounting for the difference in perspective via the camera.

Hirokey123

Awards

You're right that video is clearer and it makes seeing Sora's feet reflection a lot easier. As for battle slow it down and watch Sora's feet you can see his feet are reflecting in the water, I think what Alexis.anagram said is correct.

Sora's reflection appears partly whenever Aqua's bright light attacks shine on him, it's easiest to see at 32:24 where Aqua smacks him with a whirly blade. The best reflection is at 32:34 right when Sora lands that overhead swing his keyblade is clearly reflected in the water as are his feet.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
You're right that video is clearer and it makes seeing Sora's feet reflection a lot easier. As for battle slow it down and watch Sora's feet you can see his feet are reflecting in the water, I think what Alexis.anagram said is correct.

Sora's reflection appears partly whenever Aqua's bright light attacks shine on him, it's easiest to see at 32:24 where Aqua smacks him with a whirly blade. The best reflection is at 32:34 right when Sora lands that overhead swing his keyblade is clearly reflected in the water as are his feet.
I think we may have to agree to disagree, as I can't for the life of me see a reflection when Sora is doing the overhead swing. I can see a very small part of his shoe in some ripples but I can't say for sure if that is a part of the scene or a part of the ripple animation they've made for any body of water. I went frame by frame and any form of a reflection I could see only occurred during specific circumstances with a ripple and not the full body of water, unlike Aqua who has a reflection at all times :/

I want to agree with you, believe me, but there's just too much off here and I just can't put my faith into this video being an accurate representation of whats to come in KH3. I hope you understand that, and I hope I can change my tune soon enough!

Hirokey123

Awards
I can understand that but here I did take I think a really good picture of it, took awhile since this image is on screen for like a split second.
Screen%20Shot%202018-09-22%20at%2011.23.20%20PM_zpsnbbxdzh6.png

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm with Chaser. I can see his shoes and the Keyblade reflected in the water, but not once do I ever see Sora's actual body.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I can understand that but here I did take I think a really good picture of it, took awhile since this image is on screen for like a split second.
Screen%20Shot%202018-09-22%20at%2011.23.20%20PM_zpsnbbxdzh6.png
I see. That is interesting. But like I said, it looks like it is tied to the ripples. Aqua's body casts a whole body reflection the whole time but Sora only does his shoes, some light effects, and the Keyblade once when there's ripples? I find that weird, and Sign finds that weird, and we can't for the life of us figure out why it is like that.

Hirokey123

Awards
I mean I can see why you might find it weird but I really do think it's just the lighting. Sora never stands in spots as bright as Aqua and instead is in water so dark that his reflection only shows when there is a source of light like right on him, which happens during certain attacks but the light is always small so only bits close to the water are shown. Notice in that picture Aqua has no reflection at all for the same reason Sora's is barely seen, because she's floating above water that is nearly pitch black.

I guess we'll just wait and see.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Tbh, I was kind of disappointed when I saw this. Not only because it's a carbon copy of Phantom Aqua (like I expected it to be), but I was also really hoping to fight her (or some kind of unique boss) with Riku at the beginning of the game. I mean I suppose it's still possible (though it's pretty suspect that Riku looked to be injured before Aqua stole Mickey's keyblade), but not very exciting either way since there probably won't be any real consequence even if you do fight her twice(as Riku and Sora), just based on the fact that you.... fight her twice. Story-wise, all I could think about was main character syndrome which was something I was praying for this game to avoid. I mean, the entire narrative purpose of Riku & Mickey being told Aqua's story, getting there new clothes, and going to RoD in the first place was to save that character. 0.2 really seemed to set things up to come full circle: Aqua saves Riku; Riku saves Aqua. That, and the mastery over darkness being a key development for that too.

On a side note, was I the only one who got the impression that if Master Aqua and Aquanort fought, the latter would just sort of get destroyed? I'm basing that off the fact that she did fight herself 3-4 times (4 if Zodiac Aqua was canonically fought while she was in "The World Within") in the RoD and came out on top, unlike Riku AND Mickey (both of whom are Masters themselves) here struggling with a mentally broken Keyblade Master with no keyblade, lol. I mean even if she ambushed them... it's still a stretch.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I was prepared for spoilers, but this just leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth. This is starting to spiral out of control, even for them.
KH III is your next ace Square, at least try to treat it as something precious and close to your chest.

Square Enix showed this for a reason, what may seem like a spoiler to us could just be a tease in the context of the game. If we never got the reveal of Dark Aqua, we would have all assumed that she becomes a Guardian of Light.

Nukara

Awards
I do not quite understand why everyone is indignant.
From the very beginning it was clear that Sora would be the one who would save Aqua. If it was another secret ending, where Aqua weeping with hope calls the name "Sora" does not make sense.

Squood!

seibah
Awards
I don't understand why a 30 second clip of what was mostly a cutscene with a single voice line is considered a spoiler when an Aqua boss should've been obvious since E3.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Personally I don't see it as a heavy spoiler nor as a surprise.
If the setup in terms of characters is genuine instead of placeholdering (which I won't rule out due to theories made by others here already) it would just set things back on track in concert with Blank Points.

What does strike me a little negative though is the apparent implication by this that all the other characters are designated as being useless and only Sora can gain lasting results, with the others being only there to take bullets for him and/or end up trapped/injured so he must save them again.

If he had at least Mickey and Riku as party members it would at least look like a team effort worthy of the supposed "friendship"-theme.

Sdog

Awards
So I didn't have computer access until tonight but it seems Hirokey capped and furthered the points on the images I was going to reference. =p

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, the entirety of Blank Points implied it was Sora who was gonna save everyone. Doesn't mean he won't get help along the way or have backup when he needs it. But Sora is probably gonna be the one who has to deal the combo finishing blow because it's his heart that all these people are attached to in particular.

As DDD showed us, while yes it's Sora who is supposed to save everyone, if he's just left to travel on his own doing whatever, he... can't handle it. He's gotta have backup because he's easily lead astray. I'm glad Donald and Goofy are with him and I hope there are some contrasting moments in DDD. For example, where Sora refused to listen to Riku's echoes and kept pushing forward, I hope to see Donald and Goofy literally right there with him holding him back or shielding in front of him to keep Xehanort's manipulation from working. They've become so protective of Sora so I hope it's even stronger. I mean, it already seems like Goofy has stepped up his dad game.

kaseykockroach

Awards
I'm surprised no one's acknowledging how annoying the commentators are! Sheesh!
Though I suppose since we'll have the game for ourselves soon enough, it doesn't matter....but man, I couldn't make it through these videos since those two guys never shut up!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
You think Aqua will go full darkling during her fight with Sora? This could be a two part boss with Aqua transforming completely after Sora beats her the first time.

Megavoltage

Awards
You think Aqua will go full darkling during her fight with Sora? This could be a two part boss with Aqua transforming completely after Sora beats her the first time.
That would be cool. Maybe she could also start summoning waves of Heartless after Sora, like the Demon Towers that used to bother her are now her minions. She also has a large collection of Command Styles and spells that Phantom Aqua hardly touched upon, her boss fight has endless possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back