• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

Since they said they want to release a game every year, I'm thinking they've been saving this for later. Since we get 3D this year, maybe 2013 will be the "small" thing they mentioned, then 2014 will be the HD Collection, then 2015 is when we finally get KH3. Or maybe the collection is the "small" thing they mentioned and we get KH3 in 2014. If they use the Luminous engine and outsource the small stuff, they could probably pull that off.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

That's ridiculous. Why would they use an outdated and inferior engine for a game they haven't even started yet? If they're using Luminous for Versus which is in a way, practice for KH3, why not use Luminous for KH3?

Key Wielder

Awards

I think if they make an HD remake, the psp,ds and 3ds titles wont appear since if they done it they would have to create the games form the beggining (mostly on re:coded and days since they would have to do all the cutscenes (that would be so awesome(yes it would *.*)) But i would love an HD collection for the ps3 *.* Just before KH3 so people wouldnt say they dont understand the history ^^

I could see re:Coded and Days appearing as ports while the other games had HD remasters. It wouldn't surprise me if they did remake those two at some point in the relatively near future, though; it only took them four years to do it with CoM, so it could always be a possibility.

impart

Climb The Sky

I would like an HD collection, that way I could just play KH1 whenever I wanted without having to hook up my PS2
my laziness knows no bounds
I dont think they are going to do anything too fancy to it, they don't really need to

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

That's ridiculous. Why would they use an outdated and inferior engine for a game they haven't even started yet? If they're using Luminous for Versus which is in a way, practice for KH3, why not use Luminous for KH3?

Exactly, there's no reason for them not too use Luminous

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Because Versus is only using a fragment of Luminous for it's lighting. The rest of Versus is being made by a game-specific engine probably based on the Crystal Tools. Also I believe Luminous is more suited for next-gen platforms and high-end PC's.

Rallade

Awards

Frankly, I don't think KH would benefit that much from Luminous just yet, at least for an HD re-release

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I think if they make an HD remake, the psp,ds and 3ds titles wont appear since if they done it they would have to create the games form the beggining (mostly on re:coded and days since they would have to do all the cutscenes (that would be so awesome(yes it would *.*)) But i would love an HD collection for the ps3 *.* Just before KH3 so people wouldnt say they dont understand the history ^^

People say this all the time and I just can't understand why. Why in the world would they choose to put in Re Chain of Memories instead of Birth by Sleep? Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix would be the perfect set. BBS is one of the main games in the series, Re COM is not. BBS is arguably more important than KH2... if they didn't put it in an HD Collection it would be a disaster, honestly. Re Chain of Memories would be nice too, but it shouldn't be a priority.

MGS HD included Peace Walker (PSP), as did the God of War Origins Collection. Not to mention it would be an absolutely perfect opportunity to get BBS onto the Vita, since it hasn't (nor will) be released onto the PSN.

LMNOP

I need KH HD collection, haha.
I desperatlly want to replay KH1 and KH2, and would love to finally play Re:COM and BBS.
My sister recently got a DS so I will likely buy 358/2 and Re:coded, but i need to replay KH1 and 2 as soon as possible.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

I really hope they make a HD collection. if possible it would be nice if the include Ports of all the games to date, even though DDD probably wouldn't be included. Also wouldn't it be awesome if they gave you the option to also use of the command deck in the old games?

Does anyone know how much work it would be to port the PSP and DS games to the PS3 and/or Xbox? Couldn't they just built up on what they already had?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

I really hope they make a HD collection. if possible it would be nice if the include Ports of all the games to date, even though DDD probably wouldn't be included. Also wouldn't it be awesome if they gave you the option to also use of the command deck in the old games?

Does anyone know how much work it would be to port the PSP and DS games to the PS3 and/or Xbox? Couldn't they just built up on what they already had?

The PSP is very possible, since they have remastered PSP games for HD collections before, but they would have to completely remake the DS games. No idea how much work would actually go into remastering a PSP game though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

but they would have to completely remake the DS games.
Not really.

About 95% of all worlds and characters already are constructed. It's all a matter of cutting and pasting.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I imagine remastering a PSP game to the PS3 wouldn't take too long, but then again I know nothing of the hardware so I could be wrong.

But a remaster of Days and Re:coded wouldn't have to be completely remade from scratch seeing as how it was mostly all areas from the console games, excluding Re:coded's buggy areas but that can't be too hard to construct. The only one I ever see being remade for the PS3 is Days because they just remade coded into Re:coded, and plus it's not nearly an important game like the rest even if I find it to be my favorite. </3

I wouldn't be surprised if we got two HD collections, though. The first would easily be KH1FM/KH2FM/BBSFM, and then a possible second could be Re:CoM/Re:Days, though Re:Days doesn't seem extremely likely. But even if they had to remake Days I imagine that would be a shorter development time than a new game and possibly even "light", like how the next game is considered to be. Hell, they could even work to make the multi-player actually usable since There was no one around me who had Days to do multi-player with because of how they made the multi-player, but the PS3 could easily make that better and more enjoyable.

Plus the two HD collections could cover at least two years with the Main Games HD collection being for next year and then Re:CoM and Re:Days being for 2014.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

Not really.

About 95% of all worlds and characters already are constructed. It's all a matter of cutting and pasting.

Ah, that's true I guess. There weren't many new areas in either I suppose, just some in both.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

If they make two HD collections then I hope they'd include KH:DDD in the second. I really think it would be awesome if we got to get the whole KH experience on the PS3. And even if a Re:re:Coded is unlikely it would feel incomplete without it. I'm guessing with days that the area's that weren't in the home console games could actually be used from the DS games they'd just have to be a little bit more polished.

Do you think they'll add anything to the older games like trophies or something?

Lonbilly

Awards

I imagine porting DDD would be pretty difficult from DDD to PS3 seeing as how DDD takes some advantages of the 3DS, such as the bottom screen, the attacks you can do with Dream Eaters, interacting with them like Nintendogs, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trophies were added though. I played the Prince of Persia HD collection and it had Trophy support, and SE has been doing Trophies for the newer games in FF and KH (or at least Re:coded, no clue about DDD).

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I wouldn't be surprised if Trophies were added though. I played the Prince of Persia HD collection and it had Trophy support, and SE has been doing Trophies for the newer games in FF and KH (or at least Re:coded, no clue about DDD).
Everg playstation game from 2009 onwards has to have trophies. Nintendo just puts in trophies for the heck of it.

Lonbilly

Awards

Everg playstation game from 2009 onwards has to have trophies.

I thought so. I wasn't sure if I was going temporarily crazy seeing as how most of the PS3 games I've been playing have had that support.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yeah I guess to Port KH:DDD they'd really need to make some larger changes to the game itself. shouldn't be impossible seeing that in KH:DDD you can use the ZL button to activate the Reality shift and other things like activating a spirit can also be done via button combination. Still would be nice if they found a way.

Trophies have kind become a thing in KH ever since they were introduced in BBS. Every game since has had them and they became relevant to unlocking the Secret endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back