• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 Re:MIX Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be a HD release in English?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doortolight

Awards
Re: HD Remaster/Remake Discussion Thread

why hasn't it already got an HD collection they keep making them for lame games like god of war why not make an actually good one?

TheRoadToDawn

I guess they're probably keeping it as a surprise for TGS as a 10th anniversary collection. I hope anyway..

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

lame games like god of war

tumblr_m0nztvnj3Q1r71dtqo1_500.gif

I'm about to go all Lima Heights!

But KH does need an HD collection. I just want Days the most if only for the fact that the multiplayer would be on a PS3, where there'd actually be a chance of being able to play with other people.

doortolight

Awards

sorry, I always forget how popular GoW is, just in my oppinion it was far to short and easy, with an only ok story

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

I would love to see Days in an HD Collection, but I imagine it would be more difficulty than Square Enix is willing to invest, since the DS's architecture and mechanics are so drastically different compared to the PlayStation consoles.

Lonbilly

Awards

I would love to see Days in an HD Collection, but I imagine it would be more difficulty than Square Enix is willing to invest, since the DS's architecture and mechanics are so drastically different compared to the PlayStation consoles.

Well most of Days is practically just taken from the console KH games with an exception of most of the character roster and some exclusive rooms/areas. I imagine a remake with typical KH graphics would be much more of a hassle than just remastering the Sony games, but most of Days is pretty much there if they do it.

And plus if I remember correctly there was an interview where Nomura said he wanted Days with analog control, and while that's incredibly vague, it's not too out of the question of being a remake for the PS3.

I really just want that multiplayer though. I'd love to see Days with typical KH graphics but what I really want is that multiplayer not relying on the hope that someone around me has the game </3

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

Yeah a Multiplayer in a Re:days would be cool, that way you could really use it. Also an more open multilayer for BBS would be cool.

Also I wouldn't rule out a HD port of Days and Coded. Nomura has stated in an interview, that he wanted to do something about the series being spread across so many consoles. In my opinion that's hint, he at least thought of making ports of the DS and PSP games. Also considering that they made a port of KH:COM, which would have been way more work imo, I don't see why they wouldn't do it for Days.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Multiplayer would be awesome. I can't stand local multiplayer for games like this. I would love to have supported online.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

So, what? The system sectors would be the only thing needed to add in terms of rooms into Re:Coded, right?

Well, there's also the maze in Wonderland that Days and Re:Coded used. And Neverland, but they can copy and paste some of that from previous games.

If they were to re-make those two games in higher graphics, and I'm being hopeful here, 5 months minimum to make those. 'Course, I have no knowledge in how video game production works

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

So, what? The system sectors would be the only thing needed to add in terms of rooms into Re:Coded, right?

Well, there's also the maze in Wonderland that Days and Re:Coded used. And Neverland, but they can copy and paste some of that from previous games.

If they were to re-make those two games in higher graphics, and I'm being hopeful here, 5 months minimum to make those. 'Course, I have no knowledge in how video game production works

Castle Oblivion was different too

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Making a PS2-like remake of Days would definitely take about the same time it took to remake COM, since nearly all the worlds are copied from previous games.

The only problem would be that they designed Days to work as a genuine hand-held game, which is why it's all mission based and everything.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

Making a PS2-like remake of Days would definitely take about the same time it took to remake COM, since nearly all the worlds are copied from previous games.
IIRC, Nomura (and presumably everyone else) is done making PS2 games. Any remake/HD collection would have to be developed for at least current gen consoles/handhelds.

The only problem would be that they designed Days to work as a genuine hand-held game, which is why it's all mission based and everything.
I don't see the correlation between handhelds and being mission-based; there are tons of console games with the same format.

aspenvenom619

HD remasters are notoriously hard to do, so you can throw days and coded out the window. Birth by sleep is too new so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that. The most likely would be I and II with memories if they're feeling generous. They'd probably outsource the work to another company as well, that's how it usually works for hd remasters

Lonbilly

Awards

HD remasters are notoriously hard to do, so you can throw days and coded out the window. Birth by sleep is too new so I wouldn't get my hopes up on that. The most likely would be I and II with memories if they're feeling generous. They'd probably outsource the work to another company as well, that's how it usually works for hd remasters

Birth by Sleep is definitely not too new to warrant a port in the form of an HD remastering, though. I've one of the God of War PSP games being treated like this, and it came out roughly the same time as BbS.

Also, Days wouldn't need to really be an HD remaster. Just have it ported over and call Re: Days. Most of the material is there for a port so really, it's not that out of the question. Throw in the fact it has the Organization as the centric characters, the multiplayer possibilities, Nomura expressing having wanted to create Days with analog control, and it's not entirely out of the question. It's less likely to come out Before a KH1FM/KH2FM/BbSFM HD Remaster yes, but not out of the equation. Throw in the possible fan demand and the fact Nomura has stated he wants to do something about having all the games spread over consoles, it's really that far of a stretch.

Re:coded is out of the question. I find it to be the best entry in the series equal to CoM/Re:CoM, but it's not gonna happen. Maybe after every other title (including DDD, which also isn't likely to happen for awhile) is ported over, but not anywhere in the next five years, I'm guessing. Re:CoM I can't see being ported/HD remastered until after the three main games have already. But that one is more likely to happen sooner than Re:coded, not sure if it would beat out a Re: Days for the possibility though.

And if that's how it works for HD Remasters to outsource, it isn't out of the question seeing as how SE has already started outsourcing and is going to continue doing it from here in out for shorter development times.

Either way, whether or not it's an HD Remaster or a simple remade port ala Re:CoM, Days is not that far out of the question.

Besides, SE has already taken on FFX to HD Remaster, and with Nomura still expressing interest in KH going HD, it's likely that there could be an HD collection soon. Hell, It would serve over as a good intro for new gamers and also for casual KH fans to realize BbS wasn't a side story/spin-off if it's included in such.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

They would want to do BBS and the other handhelds for the ignorant people who refuse to play "sidestories" or those who can't afford so many consoles to play all the KH games

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Not sure if they'll do the effort of porting/'remaking' Days and Re:Coded though.

I'd like to see it happen (especially because of the multiplayer of Days. No one I know has the game so I couldn't try it out) but I think a HD collection will only consist of KH1/2/BBS (all Final Mix).

I'd like to see another one with Re:CoM, Re:Days and Re:Coded though. Especially Re:CoM since they didn't release that one here in Europe.

Lonbilly

Awards

I definitely believe the first collection will be KH1FM/KH2FM/BbSFM, but with how Nomura wanted to release one game per year, he still has 2013, 2014, and 2015 which roughly sounds like a good date for KH3 at the earliest.

That leaves two whole years, one of which could be filled with the first HD collection, but that leaves the second year high-and-dry (ignoring the possibility of a iOS game). Personally I think Re:CoM and a Re: Days would fill this quota perfectly (I'm really skeptical about Re:Re:coded ever being done for the PS3).

And while it might be extra effort, the fact is I think there's enough fan support who didn't buy the portable games that would easily eat up Days on the PS3 since it features the Organization, and then that multiplayer alone could cause some serious interest. Besides, it's not like it could take them nearly as long as it did for KH3D, and that came out in about 2 and a half(ish) years, I believe. Most of their materials are there for a Re: Days. I can't see it taking any longer than a year, really, and even that I feel would be too long.

Plus Days was like one of the KH games where you could have picked it up and needed to know nothing about with not even having to really research the story (excluding BbS which also did that to a degree).

I could understand if they didn't bother with a Re: Days, but really, I feel like that's a good deal of profit they could suffer from if they ignore it since I feel like it would sell pretty well. I guess it just comes down to whether or not they'd want to do it and if they did, which team they'd hand the job off to that isn't busy with something.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

I'd love it though if they made a Re:Days. I feel like the DS couldn't really do it much justice.

Not talking about the graphics (since I liked them a lot of a DS game) but I mean, the multiplayer would be so much better on a console game. Of course, I'm pretty sure a lot of people played the multiplayer in Japan, a lot of people probably have the game there!

Controls are the same thing, would be a lot better on a console. Overall, I think we'll have a better game on a console. I think Re:Coded suffered from its controls as well (there was a lot more platforming there). So I think as a game, Re:Coded would get better as well. However, it's a bit silly making a remake from a remake.

Lonbilly

Awards

I definitely think having Days and Re:coded on PS3 would have greatly helped the multiplayer aspects they had, seeing as how on the DS you were forced to hope someone around you had the same game when was never gonna happen for me.

I sadly don't see them remaking Re:coded though anytime soon, seeing as how it is already a remake, which is a shame since it's my favorite title out of the entire series (excluding DDD which I haven't gotten a chance with yet). But if they did do a Re:CoM/Re:Days deal then I wouldn't be surprised if Re:coded made it in as an extra that had good enough graphics that it could pass of as an extra without having to be of the same quality as say, an HD vesion of KH1FM/KH2FM/BbSFM.

I definitely hope though that if they do a Re:Days that the environment is at least more interactive seeing as how that could make the multiplayer even more replayable and to add in some of the character from the releases after as playable, but perhaps I'm hoping for too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back