• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 featured in the latest issue of Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
im more curios if the kairi mesaage will be via phone?

Ohhh maybe we’ll get email/text message updates from various characters like in Crisis Core: FFVII. As you’re walking around, you could get messages from various characters, just giving status updates or asking you to go on a side quest. I think that would be a cool feature that could add some layers to the overall experience.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
<p><strong>---There are many mysteries surrounding the activities of the New Organization XIII. Vanitas is here too - why is that?</strong></p>
<p><strong>Nomura</strong>: The Vanitas who appeared in KH3D was just an illusion, but this time he's come back. However, exactly how Vanitas was revived differs when compared to the other members of the New Organization XIII. There are members from Organization XIII who, after being defeated once, returned as humans and then once again became Nobodies, and there are also those who have returned by completely different means. As for other members like Lea and Ienzo etc. who have returned and are helping Sora, they have been revived as humans.</p>
how come no one talkin about how dumb and unnecessary this is? like are we now to expect that these people have the door open to come back as a human for a THIRD time? just let them dieee.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
This is interesting. It seems that Kairi may not be the second playable character after all if the perspective is shifted to her from time to time (though that's my take). Plus, this may also eliviates the age old debate of Kairi not getting enough characterisation. From what I can interpret, it seems that the game us going to be a mix of real-time and pre-rendered graphics to save as much space as possible.

The biggest takeaway I got from this is that the Classic Kingdom minigames may be situated in each visitable world. This may mean that we have 20 worlds in total.

how come no one talkin about how dumb and unnecessary this is? like are we now to expect that these people have the door open to come back as a human for a THIRD time? just let them dieee.

Why though? Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene are fan favourites. And I'd rather have further development on existing character than throwing in new characters with minimum relevance.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This is interesting. It seems that Kairi may not be the second playable character after all if the perspective is shifted to her from time to time (though that's my take). Plus, this may also eliviates the age old debate of Kairi not getting enough characterisation. From what I can interpret, it seems that the game us going to be a mix of real-time and pre-rendered graphics to save as much space as possible.

The biggest takeaway I got from this is that the Classic Kingdom minigames may be situated in each visitable world. This may mean that we have 20 worlds in total.

Why though? Luxord, Marluxia and Larxene are fan favourites. And I'd rather have further development on existing character than throwing in new characters with minimum relevance.

Twenty worlds? I'm not even sure if that's possible given how big they are and Nomura's concerns about disk space.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

is there even anything to interpret when that is literally what nomura is saying lol

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

They’re probably collectibles found at a frequency between the Dalmatians and Torn Pages. Probably an average of 2 per world with a total of about 13 worlds. There’s confirmed to be more than 20 CK games and I just can’t see there being that many worlds.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Ohhh maybe we’ll get email/text message updates from various characters like in Crisis Core: FFVII. As you’re walking around, you could get messages from various characters, just giving status updates or asking you to go on a side quest. I think that would be a cool feature that could add some layers to the overall experience.
like the idea but kingdom hearts never had side quests unless you count the collection stuff

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
i was referring specifically to the bolded part. aka the "they returned as humans, but then made back into nobodies again". why not just keep them as humans? it just seems completely unnecessary and kind of ridiculous to me.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
like the idea but kingdom hearts never had side quests unless you count the collection stuff

KH has always had side quests. The Dalmatians, KH2 Sephiroth, 100 Acre Wood, Coliseum Cups, and KH2 Atlantica are all side quests as they aren’t required for completing the main story. It wouldn’t be unprecedented to evolve those kind of things into the more standard RPG-style side quests. This game will also feature many more NPCs than previous titles, which opens that door even more.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
KH has always had side quests. The Dalmatians, KH2 Sephiroth, 100 Acre Wood, Coliseum Cups, and KH2 Atlantica are all side quests as they aren’t required for completing the main story. It wouldn’t be unprecedented to evolve those kind of things into the more standard RPG-style side quests. This game will also feature many more NPCs than previous titles, which opens that door even more.
yes there aren’t side quest for main but those are required to do for the secret ending but they not side quest where npc send you somewhere else

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
yes there aren’t side quest for main but those are required to do for the secret ending but they not side quest where npc send you somewhere else

A quest in gaming is defined as a task the player can complete for a reward. Sidequests are quests that deviate from the main plot and aren’t required to beat the game. The secret endings in KH1 and 2 are non-canon, therefore they aren’t a part of the main game. They are unlockable bonus content.

The Pongo and Perdita/Leon, Merlin, and the Fairy Godmother all send you elsewhere to find things.

The semantic matter aside, there’s nothing preventing them from making side quests more present in this game simply because they haven’t been featured as heavily in the past. Side quests are a staple of open world RPGs, which KH3 is more similar to than any previous entry in the franchise. Side quests are a great way to add end-game/ bonus content.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Nomura said:
You won’t be able to go there as part of a world, but that scene is in a new location. As the story progresses, there will be scenes weaved in showing how the both of them are doing in a sort of “Meanwhile…” style. In some of the past Orchestra concerts, we were able to hear Kairi talk about how her training was getting along. This exact monologue will be included in a scene in-game.

I sort of figured it was a "Meanwhile..." type of scene, but happy to have confirmation. The scene must be early if she's training. I can't imagine the scene being in the later half of the game.

Nomura said:
We’re currently in a place where it’s quite difficult to express progress as a percentage. There’s actually so much content, that we’re quite concerned about if we’ll be able to fit it all in or not.

This is, uh, concerning. I know we've discussed here that percentages don't really define a game's progress, but Normura, my dude, you are 7 months away from your delayed release date. 7 months. And you find it difficult to throw out a number? What kind of place are you in, after 5 years of development, that makes it difficult?

Nomura said:
Exactly. Not only the voices, but the data for things like ensuring proper lip sync also becomes a problem. I recognise that there’s a demand (T/N: In Japan) for KH3 to be able to be experienced with English voices as per previous Final Mix titles, but it will probably be too difficult to add this feature in.

Now this is interesting. I can definitely see them doing the same for the international version(s) as well to save space. Perhaps it will be a add-on as DLC?

Nomura said:
We’re yet to finetune the details, but we won’t be doing things like having Keyblades for sale, instead we are looking more at gameplay expansions. And not in the form of any sort of “Season Pass”, we plan to deliver the content as is in individual packages. At any rate though, first priority lies in putting our utmost into delivering the best main package we can, and then we shall see about the rest.

Yesssss. I'm happy to hear this. Please let it be akin to the Witcher 3's Wild Hunt or Blood and Wine. Or even Horizon: Zero Dawn's Frozen Wilds.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
I sort of figured it was a "Meanwhile..." type of scene, but happy to have confirmation. The scene must be early if she's training. I can't imagine the scene being in the later half of the game.

You won’t be able to go there as part of a world, but that scene is in a new location. As the story progresses, there will be scenes weaved in showing how the both of them are doing in a sort of “Meanwhile…” style. In some of the past Orchestra concerts, we were able to hear Kairi talk about how her training was getting along. This exact monologue will be included in a scene in-game.

i took this as there more then one meanwhile scnes in the not just that scene

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Twenty worlds? I'm not even sure if that's possible given how big they are and Nomura's concerns about disk space.

Well, maybe the original worlds in Kingdom Hearts aren't as large of scope as the Disney worlds are? That would be a smart compromise to maintain disk space and content.

is there even anything to interpret when that is literally what nomura is saying lol

I'm a dunce when it comes to technical info about how video games are processed and displayed so I'd rather highlight that it's my interpretation for that particular element as opposed to saying that "this is what he means".

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well, maybe the original worlds in Kingdom Hearts aren't as large of scope as the Disney worlds are? That would be a smart compromise to maintain disk space and content.

I'm a dunce when it comes to technical info about how video games are processed and displayed so I'd rather highlight that it's my interpretation for that particular element as opposed to saying that "this is what he means".

Even if the original worlds are smaller Nomura already stated that there would be less Disney worlds then KH2. And he kind of reinforced that when he stated there weren't that many Disney worlds left to reveal.

S.Gill17

<p><strong>Nomura</strong>: The tastes are partially made to align with Sora. Since Sora's main colors are red and black said:
This is interesting. I kind of figured that Yen Sid/Fairies would give the new outfit to Sora, but at one point there was speculation that Zeus would give Sora his new outfit. So the way it's going to go down is that Sora and co are going to go to Mt Olympus, then return to Yen Sid after going to that world and then be given the new outfit and probably then go to Toy Story's world. Good to know.

Meow Wow

Awards
at one point there was speculation that Zeus would give Sora his new outfit. So the way it's going to go down is that Sora and co are going to go to Mt Olympus, then return to Yen Sid after going to that world and then be given the new outfit and probably then go to Toy Story's world. Good to know.

The second E3 trailer did show SDG in Yensids tower as Riku and Mickey get back. Sora was in his KH2 outfit, so it kind of implied it there, too

shady543

Awards

This is, uh, concerning. I know we've discussed here that percentages don't really define a game's progress, but Normura, my dude, you are 7 months away from your delayed release date. 7 months. And you find it difficult to throw out a number? What kind of place are you in, after 5 years of development, that makes it difficult?

Now this is interesting. I can definitely see them doing the same for the international version(s) as well to save space. Perhaps it will be a add-on as DLC?

Yesssss. I'm happy to hear this. Please let it be akin to the Witcher 3's Wild Hunt or Blood and Wine. Or even Horizon: Zero Dawn's Frozen Wilds.

ugh it honestly worries me heaps about that issue of the movies being too large. I hope they don't resort on cutting content because I hate it when we get a 'what could have been' project. I mean I'm happy that DLC prevents us from having that issue but I'd rather not have another FFXV game where the main game was basically unfinished and then a whole pile of DLC got released as like a way of trying to finish it. I'd rather have two discs or even another delay lol. ;_;

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
This is interesting. I kind of figured that Yen Sid/Fairies would give the new outfit to Sora, but at one point there was speculation that Zeus would give Sora his new outfit. So the way it's going to go down is that Sora and co are going to go to Mt Olympus, then return to Yen Sid after going to that world and then be given the new outfit and probably then go to Toy Story's world. Good to know.
Actually, before Sora goes to the Toy Story world he later goes to Twilight Town. But yeah, the scene with Mickey and Riku returning back to the tower and Sora being in his KH2 outfit suggests this is taking place after Sora, Donald and Goofy visited Olympus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back