• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 featured in the latest issue of Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
As mentioned else where, what do you think of the door in this image?

Famitsu02.png

The big words say 扉が開く which means the 'door will open'. It's finally gonna happen! No idea if it'll be that door in-game, though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
say they manged to get hayden not saying they will but wouldn't she have to record both xion and kairi lines as well since they only opt for va this around instead of two va for the roles?
I think what they should have done was have Hayden as Kairi and Alyson as Xion. It's respectful to both voice actors, helps make the two characters be a bit more distinct, and gives fans of both the chance to enjoy the performances from both actresses.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The big words say 扉が開く which means the 'door will open'. It's finally gonna happen! No idea if it'll be that door in-game, though.

Thank you for the translation. Isn't the level of detail in the door magnificent? Still, I wish they showed the stained glass part at the top.

khfaq12door.gif

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think what they should have done was have Hayden as Kairi and Alyson as Xion. It's respectful to both voice actors, helps make the two characters be a bit more distinct, and gives fans of both the chance to enjoy the performances from both actresses.

I wish they would have done this as well.

I’m guessing they just wanted to save resources and figured, if HJO is voicing Sora and Vanitas, David is voicing both Rikus, and Jesse is voicing Roxas and Ventus, why not have Alyson voice both Kairi and Xion? I just hope they at least keep Namine separately voiced.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I wish they would have done this as well.

I’m guessing they just wanted to save resources and figured, if HJO is voicing Sora and Vanitas, David is voicing both Rikus, and Jesse is voicing Roxas and Ventus, why not have Alyson voice both Kairi and Xion? I just hope they at least keep Namine separately voiced.

She always has been, I don't see why they would change that now? The real reason they do all this is because all those characters have the same Japanese va's. Its just that version doesn't have an issue with getting the va's back like the English version does...so when we go back and forth with Hayden and Alyson, they always stick with the one doing both characters.

I also wish they had made a decision to differentiate our version at this point, but I assume to them they are being faithful to the original :/

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sora, my dude, stop skipping leg day. For heaven's sake, Kairi has bigger calves than you.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I’m still super happy that we’re getting Mr. Gibbs this time. Just wish we could’ve gotten Pintel, Ragetti, Marty, Cotton, and Cotton’s parrot too (we’d have someone to talk to!). Wonder if Sao Feng is cut, his men don’t appear to be among the generic pirates seen so far, and he was pretty extraneous to AWE anyway, so I wouldn’t miss him.

radiantmemories

The part about different lip flaps is interesting, as well as exciting. It means the characters will actually look like they are saying what they are supposed to be saying.

ImVentus

Awards
At first it reminded me of the Narnia wardrobe, but then I realised it was the door from dive to the heart.

Also have Kairi grown taller? She's about the same height as Sora.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At first it reminded me of the Narnia wardrobe, but then I realised it was the door from dive to the heart.

Also have Kairi grown taller? She's about the same height as Sora.

Don’t conpare the height of the models. They made them even in the magazine for design purposes. Look at Sora and Riku on the cover. They are also the same height and we know for a fact that they aren’t the same height.

ImVentus

Awards
Don’t conpare the height of the models. They made them even in the magazine for design purposes. Look at Sora and Riku on the cover. They are also the same height and we know for a fact that they aren’t the same height.

Point taken. Although I knew for a fact that Riku wasn't around Sora's height. And since the game is taking place after DDD it's probably not the case of any growth spurt.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Off topic, but I didnt want to create a new thread. I found this gamestop interview from today:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-3-creator-discusses-dealing-with-ex/1100-6459917/

Lots of insight on Nomura and Square Enix.

My favorite thing from this interview:

"and I really wanted to realize what Sakaguchi-san said about Final Fantasy, that it is a game that incorporates everything, to Kingdom Hearts. So I brought that idea to Kingdom Hearts. Currently looking at the newer Final Fantasy titles, to be honest, I don't think it really incorporates that idea of having everything. So I think that Kingdom Hearts, to me, is a game that has everything in it."

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I’m still super happy that we’re getting Mr. Gibbs this time. Just wish we could’ve gotten Pintel, Ragetti, Marty, Cotton, and Cotton’s parrot too (we’d have someone to talk to!). Wonder if Sao Feng is cut, his men don’t appear to be among the generic pirates seen so far, and he was pretty extraneous to AWE anyway, so I wouldn’t miss him.

Would've been great if we had gotten Pintel and Ragetti, but at least they gave us Gibbs. All three of them should've been in KH2.

When you think about how large At World's End's story is, there's gonna be some major cuts to the story. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out Cutler Beckett and just used Davy Jones as the villain. Sao Feng is probably out since Elizabeth already has the outfit she gets when she becomes the Pirate king. Singapore would've been a cool location to go to.

I'm just hoping we get to go to Shipwreck cove cause that's an awesome location and of course the maelstrom battle. I've accepted the fact that sadly there'll probably be no Kraken fight (sigh).

Sdog

Awards
I'm just hoping we get to go to Shipwreck cove cause that's an awesome location and of course the maelstrom battle. I've accepted the fact that sadly there'll probably be no Kraken fight (sigh).

I completely forgot about shipwreck cove! Oh the possibilities!!

And don't count out Davey Jones/Luxord summoning a heartless Kraken. I remain hopeful.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Would've been great if we had gotten Pintel and Ragetti, but at least they gave us Gibbs. All three of them should've been in KH2.

When you think about how large At World's End's story is, there's gonna be some major cuts to the story. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut out Cutler Beckett and just used Davy Jones as the villain. Sao Feng is probably out since Elizabeth already has the outfit she gets when she becomes the Pirate king. Singapore would've been a cool location to go to.

Yeah I think Luxord will fill Beckett’s role in the story. Maybe he’ll turn the Kraken into a Heartless rather than killing it?

Who’s gonna speak to Calypso “as if to a lover” without Ragetti around? My money is on Goofy.

Sdog

Awards
Yeah I think Luxord will fill Beckett’s role in the story. Maybe he’ll turn the Kraken into a Heartless rather than killing it?

Who’s gonna speak to Calypso “as if to a lover” without Ragetti around? My money is on Goofy.

"Oh gawrsh, Calypso! I release you from your human bonds. Hyuck!"

Ya that needs to happen...

The Dark Mamba

Awards
I completely forgot about shipwreck cove! Oh the possibilities!!

And don't count out Davey Jones/Luxord summoning a heartless Kraken. I remain hopeful.

Here's shipwreck cove for those who forgot. It's a pretty cool looking location.

[video=youtube;TqD9jxn1Zuk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqD9jxn1Zuk[/video]

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Off topic, but I didnt want to create a new thread. I found this gamestop interview from today:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-3-creator-discusses-dealing-with-ex/1100-6459917/

Lots of insight on Nomura and Square Enix.

My favorite thing from this interview:

"and I really wanted to realize what Sakaguchi-san said about Final Fantasy, that it is a game that incorporates everything, to Kingdom Hearts. So I brought that idea to Kingdom Hearts. Currently looking at the newer Final Fantasy titles, to be honest, I don't think it really incorporates that idea of having everything. So I think that Kingdom Hearts, to me, is a game that has everything in it."

I'm afraid this could be Nomura throwing shade towards FFXV. FF15 has a lot in it, so I disagree with him on that. That the game is an incomplete mess in terms of story, sure, but it has a lot of stuff in it.

Other than that, the fact that Maleficent and Pete could be given Pandora's Box, and how Luxord could be given Davy Jones' Box, makes me think that this confusion will lead into neither side obtaining the MoM's Box in KH3, and it could serve as part of the game's Secret Ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back