• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 featured in the latest issue of Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meow Wow

Awards
ugh it honestly worries me heaps about that issue of the movies being too large. I hope they don't resort on cutting content because I hate it when we get a 'what could have been' project. I mean I'm happy that DLC prevents us from having that issue but I'd rather not have another FFXV game where the main game was basically unfinished and then a whole pile of DLC got released as like a way of trying to finish it. I'd rather have two discs or even another delay lol. ;_;

If worst comes to worst and the disk is full, I would hope they just keep what's on the disk and have a mandatory patch to put the rest of the content on the game. It's not ideal but then at least you could have everything. Two disks can also work. Anything but cutting content.

Hirokey123

Awards
---Meow Wow's inclusion was also revealed when it appeared in Link - will we be able to intervene with that too?
Nomura: Yes. You'll be able to ride on it and bounce it around like the good old days (laughs). Actually, the reason we were first trying to do it as "Summons" was because we had a gameplay system where you could individually call all of the types of Dream Eaters from Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (hereon KH3D). The KH3 Meow Wow Link is what remains of that.
---ALL of the types of Dream Eaters!?
Nomura: Yeah. We planned to prepare an incredible number of them, but as we came to see exactly what kind of resources the whole game was going to take the staff told me it was "absolutely impossible." So, I decided to try putting Meow Wow and lots and lots of other Dream Eaters in Link (laughs.)

Well neat turns out my theory on their plan for DE's wasn't wrong after all, rather it was right but they changed their plans when they realized it wasn't probable. Which I guess means the people who told me it was impossible and wouldn't happen because of how difficult would be were also 100% right.

Shame I really would have liked to see such am ambitous system come to fruition...ah well maybe in 2028.

i was referring specifically to the bolded part. aka the "they returned as humans, but then made back into nobodies again". why not just keep them as humans? it just seems completely unnecessary and kind of ridiculous to me.
It's unnecessary but it also lets us kill them without any squicky-ness as they will just be fading away and coming back as people again.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I hope they don't resort on cutting content because I hate it when we get a 'what could have been' project.

Unfortunately, when it comes to video game development, content is always cut (or reworked). Planning doesn't always match to what's actually developed. I'm expecting some scenes or assets not being used in the final game, but I'll remain hopeful with you and pray it doesn't :)

What kind of place are you in, after 5 years of development, that makes it difficult?

vgYDtlN.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

---There are many mysteries surrounding the activities of the New Organization XIII. Vanitas is here too - why is that?
Nomura: The Vanitas who appeared in KH3D was just an illusion, but this time he's come back. However, exactly how Vanitas was revived differs when compared to the other members of the New Organization XIII. There are members from Organization XIII who, after being defeated once, returned as humans and then once again became Nobodies, and there are also those who have returned by completely different means. As for other members like Lea and Ienzo etc. who have returned and are helping Sora, they have been revived as humans.​
Nomura: "Hmm, fans might be confused why these characters are part of the New Organization XIII if they're not Nobodies, so I'll make them Nobodies again."

Okay, okay, it can make sense since being a Nobody would make it easier for Xehanort to take over, but it just sounds unnecessary and like he's answering a question no one asked.

...He's just doing this to avoid coming up with their real names isn't he?

---In a scene, we see Lea with Kairi, who are training to become Keyblade Wielders, at a particular place. Can you tell us where this is?
Nomura: You won’t be able to go there as part of a world, but that scene is in a new location.?As the story progresses, there will be scenes weaved in showing how the both of them are doing in a sort of “Meanwhile…” style. In some of the past Orchestra concerts, we were able to hear Kairi talk about how her training was getting along. This exact monologue will be included in a scene in-game.
If it's exactly the same then it sounds like Sora will receive this in the form of a letter.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It looks like this is an extended version of the interview in the physical magazine: https://s.famitsu.com/news/201807/11160575.html

For example, it mentions how Nomura tried using Luxord’s other model from the rest of the game in PotC, but it didn’t fit well enough. He also speaks briefly on the design of Braveheart and that who appears to be Riku Replica may be an illusion. He talks a bit about TWEWY as well.

In regards to Repliku, between this and the comments in Dengeki, I’m starting to think this may be a dream of sorts and this Riku isn’t the “other me.”

Maybe Riku gets KO’d by Aqua and Repliku visits him in this near death experience/dream sequence. Repliku informs him of the Other Riku that is alive in the Realm of Light and then we get closure on Repliku’s story, learning he’s at peace in the afterlife. Then Riku wakes up and we have the scene between him and Mickey at the Dark Margin.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Awards
It looks like this is an extended version of the interview in the physical magazine: https://s.famitsu.com/news/201807/11160575.html

For example, it mentions how Nomura tried using Luxord’s other model from the rest of the game in PotC, but it didn’t fit well enough. He also speaks briefly on the design of Braveheart. He talks a bit about TWEWY as well.
SERIOUSLY?! Can somebody please translate this?!

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I read the interview and apparently Riku receives Braveheart from Yen Sid. If that's true then I'm guessing Riku and Mickey had their adventure in Dark World during SDG trip to Olympus.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I read the interview and apparently Riku receives Braveheart from Yen Sid. If that's true then I'm guessing Riku and Mickey had their adventure in Dark World during SDG trip to Olympus.

This definitely seems to be the case. Maybe a slim margin of error, but I think it is pretty safe to assume they won’t be there long. I’m actually really excited to see where Riku and Mickey end up going during the rest of the game. (I high key need to see Pirate Riku and Mickey.)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Now I'm wondering if Riku chilling with that other Riku has to do with how he gets Braveheart. Like Yen Sid puts Riku in some spiritual dream journey to speak with himself and then they create Braveheart by making out.

Leaferian

Awards
Oooooooh yes! That's exciting news~<3 This os exactly what I wanted, I feel like we've gotten soooo much info from interviews lately.

Also hmm. Maybe Yen Sid has the ability to forge keyblades from people's hearts? The Master of Masters did something like that, so I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it's a technique more modern masters have access to.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think the beginning of the game could be playing as Riku in the Dark Realm and ending with a confrontation with Aquanort. After she presumably breaks Way to Dawn we switch back to Sora at Olympus.

Also I wonder if Mickey will get a new keyblade from Yen Sid as well? The Keyblade from the trailer looked like a fusion of KKD and Star Seeker and Aqua might not give it back.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I think the beginning of the game could be playing as Riku in the Dark Realm and ending with a confrontation with Aquanort. After she presumably breaks Way to Dawn we switch back to Sora at Olympus.

Also I wonder if Mickey will get a new keyblade from Yen Sid as well? The Keyblade from the trailer looked like a fusion of KKD and Star Seeker and Aqua might not give it back.

I could see that. It would certainly set the tone/stakes for the game to lead with that. It also makes sense timeline wise since Riku and Mickey left for the RoD before Sora left for Olympus. It would also flow nicely if one were to play .2 and go straight into KH3.

It would be nice to see Mickey get a new Keyblade as well if the one Aqua picks up isn’t his new one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The Keyblade from the trailer looked like a fusion of KKD and Star Seeker and Aqua might not give it back.

Don't you forget that every Keyblade Wielder can call back their key at any time?
If that Key is truly Mickey's and he doesn't allow someone else to hold it, it will return to him at a whim.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Don't you forget that every Keyblade Wielder can call back their key at any time?
If that Key is truly Mickey's and he doesn't allow someone else to hold it, it will return to him at a whim.

Keyblades have been known to be fickle in the past though, being able to change masters based on the measure of their hearts. If the base of that Keyblade is the KKD, I could see it resonating more with Aqua as she now belongs to darkness like the Keyblade itself unlike Mickey. This could make more sense of why it was an important plot point in .2 rather than just shoehorning Aqua into the end of KH1.

I rewatched the scene from .2 and one little thing of interest is that when Mickey goes to open the door to the KKD’s chamber, it doesn’t open until Aqua puts her hand on it. Perhaps, it was always meant for her. It could even be part of Xehanort’s plan as the Kingdom Key and the Kingdom Key D might play a role in the physical forging the x-blade in the 7 vs 13 battle. This could explain why Xehanort wanted Aqua in the RoD, so she could not only become a vessel but also retrieve the KKD at the right time.

I don’t necessarily think it will play out that way as I’m not sure why they would bother giving KKD a new design for Mickey to lose it that soon (if it’s the KKD at all.) But I could see Nomura taking that route and it could clear up some of the reasoning behind certain story choices.

Clockwork

It could even be part of Xehanort’s plan as the Kingdom Key and the Kingdom Key D might play a role in the physical forging the x-blade in the 7 vs 13 battle. This could explain why Xehanort wanted Aqua in the RoD, so she could not only become a vessel but also retrieve the KKD at the right time.

I don’t necessarily think it will play out that way as I’m not sure why they would bother giving KKD a new design for Mickey to lose it that soon (if it’s the KKD at all.) But I could see Nomura taking that route and it could clear up some of the reasoning behind certain story choices.

I don't think you really need to go that far to justify why she might want it, if that is indeed the KKD and not just Star Seeker with a new chain. It's only known purpose is that it can lock (and presumably unlock) the door to darkness. It's easy to see why Aqua, not Xehanort, would be interested in having that, if she's still trapped there.

Yeah, barring new information that Keyblades can now be stolen, if it's his and he's not getting it back I assume it has to be because he's okay with it. But for all we know, he could have called his Keyblade back in the next frame.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think you really need to go that far to justify why she might want it, if that is indeed the KKD and not just Star Seeker with a new chain. It's only known purpose is that it can lock (and presumably unlock) the door to darkness. It's easy to see why Aqua, not Xehanort, would be interested in having that, if she's still trapped there.

It can only lock (and maybe unlock) the DtD if it works in tandem with the RoL Kingdom Key on the other side of the door. Even without consider how unlikely it is for Sora to help Aqua unlock the DtD, I doubt the DtD will be much of a plot point going forward since this game is focusing more on the true Kingdom Hearts. With my proposition, we could explore the deeper lore of these Keyblades rather than retreading the old plot threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back