• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 3 featured in the latest issue of Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockwork

It can only lock (and maybe unlock the DtD) if it works in tandem with the RoL Kingdom Key on the other side of the door.

Let me rephrase: if it requires both keys to effectively lock the door, than that implies that unlocking it on just one side is effectively the same thing as unlocking it on both sides.

With my proposition, we could explore the deeper lore of these Keyblades rather than retreading the old plot threads.

I don't think anything you've suggested re: future worldbuilding options is necessarily improbable on its own face, but if Xehanort needed Mickey's Keyblade and had the capacity to steal it, he had a good opportunity to obtain it back during DDD, while Mickey was trapped in his fortress and Xemnas was choking him out. If Mickey losing the KKD is a plot point, and not just trailer misdirection, then him going to the realm of darkness just so Aqua can take it from him and give it to Xehanort is a very roundabout way of doing things. Perhaps Nomura is a very roundabout writer, but it still seems neater to me that if the KKD is specifically going to Aqua, it's should be because there's a specific value in Aqua being the one to have it.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Let me rephrase: if it requires both keys to effectively lock the door, than that implies that unlocking it on just one side is effectively the same thing as unlocking it on both sides.

I don't think anything you've suggested re: future worldbuilding options is necessarily improbable on its own face, but if Xehanort needed Mickey's Keyblade and had the capacity to steal it, he had a good opportunity to obtain it back during DDD, while Mickey was trapped in his fortress and Xemnas was choking him out. If Mickey losing the KKD is a plot point, and not just trailer misdirection, then him going to the realm of darkness just so Aqua can take it from him and give it to Xehanort is a very roundabout way of doing things. Perhaps Nomura is a very roundabout writer, but it still seems neater to me that if the KKD is specifically going to Aqua, it's should be because there's a specific value in Aqua being the one to have it.

I don’t think it works that way. If one key can unlock it, it doesn’t make sense to require two keys to lock it back. It seems more like there are two separate locks on each side that must be locked or unlocked simultaneously. Think of it like this: Aqua might could open the lock on her side, but the side in the realm of light would still be deadbolted, preventing the door from being opened.

That’s part of my idea though. Xehanort wouldn’t have been capable of keeping the Kingdom Key D from Mickey. It might take someone who has spent enough time in the Realm of Darkness to be considered a denizen of that realm to sway its allegiance. It could even explain why Xehanort left Aqua there as she would need to be there until the destined moment she is able to steal the blade from Mickey.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
He also speaks briefly on the design of Braveheart and that who appears to be Riku Replica may be an illusion.

My guess is that Riku Replica is from a split world.

"It...prob'ly means they split this world in two - your friends in one world, us in the other. Only one of the worlds is real, and the other is just really convincing" - Sora (KH3)

I believe that him and Riku on Destiny Island is when those copies are either side by side or merging. This is why they mirror each other on the shore.

Destiny-Island.jpg.optimal.jpg

KH3-Riku-and-Riku-Replica.png

This must be what Nomura means by "illusion."

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My guess is that Riku Replica is from a split world.

"It...prob'ly means they split this world in two - your friends in one world, us in the other. Only one of the worlds is real, and the other is just really convincing" - Sora (KH3)

I believe that him and Riku on Destiny Island is when those copies are either side by side or merging. This is why they mirror each other on the shore.

Destiny-Island.jpg.optimal.jpg

KH3-Riku-and-Riku-Replica.png

This must be what Nomura means by "illusion."

Nah, Zip may be right, Nomura may be literal when he says that Dark Riku is an illusion. Split worlds is Dream Drop Distance's (and Toy Box's) thing. No point in replicating that for every world in this game.

Riku may be thinking about his dark past and smiling to himself because he's a Keyblade Master, and is truly no longer afraid of the dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back