• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 in Weekly Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
so luxu was entrusted with the black box as well hmm if i was luxu i would question the box

thanks zephyr

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I really don't know what significance there would be if Luxu was Ephemera. We don't even really know what Ephemera is after or what Luxu's true mission is. That's why a part of me is saying them being the same doesn't make sense, but the other half of me is saying those mysterious reasons why Ephemera is so curious and Luxu's true mission could be related.

Ephemera essentially means to enjoy for a short period of time. What if that means it's just a name he came up with temporarily to sneak around??

But then I wonder, well, why would he need to do that? If he's an apprentice, why is he trying to sneak into the tower and why would he ask the player to help?

Then my brain says, he did ask us to help, and then he ditched up on purpose before we managed to get in and was approached by a hooded figure.

Then I wonder, if Luxu trained with the others, wouldn't they know who Luxu is and be able to tell it's Ephemera? (especially Ava)

Then I realize that none of them may have seen each others faces ever and MoM hid them on purpose for some reason, therefore, there is a reasonable excuse for Ava not to recognize Luxu I guess.

Eh.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wouldn't his fellow apprentices recognize him? There is no way they all kept their faces covered for as long as they've known each other and trained under their Master.

Not to mention the fact that Ephemer is constantly asking about the book. Why would he need to ask if he worked directly under MoM? It seems like he's had plenty of access to the book, and even knows the words of the final pages by heart.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
All true, hence why I don't think it makes much sense for them to be the same person, but I still get the suspicious pangs.

Hirokey123

Awards
You know I keep thinking it's real unfortunate for the foretellers that all their faces were kept hidden. Because one of the easiest ways to communicate feelings, tell if someone is lying, tell if someone is sincere, or manipulate/move a person's heart is through their eyes. It's probably silly to think this but I can't help but feel if they could see one another's eyes they would of been able to communicate better and work together/trust one another more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Fashionably decorated
Aqua’s head, back, shoulders, etc. can be customized as well as the costume’s pattern and color. These items may be available through completing ‘Challenges’.

Challenges! I'm hyped already. For people who don't care about the accessories, I think it might still end up being rewarding to complete these since it looks like it might add a bit of extra fun to the game without being overly-necessary to accomplish.

(But personally I'll be doing my best to get them all done because I really want that lace that you can see on the second page of the Famitsu scans)

You know I keep thinking it's real unfortunate for the foretellers that all their faces were kept hidden. Because one of the easiest ways to communicate feelings, tell if someone is lying, tell if someone is sincere, or manipulate/move a person's heart is through their eyes. It's probably silly to think this but I can't help but feel if they could see one another's eyes they would of been able to communicate better and work together/trust one another more.

It is really a shame, and that is exactly what they are trying to convey here I believe. They are shielded from each other so they never know the other's true feelings which is dangerous. This has been in the series for years, in fact.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm glad the accessories come with challenges. In Lightning Returns, you basically could buy 20 or so in every shop and there was zero satisfaction about it.
Earning them though sounds cool.

Hirokey123

Awards
So situation commands is how we are getting the 4th tier of magic then, good glad to see that's not being dropped after DDD had two instances of it one of which was cutscene only. I mean it's being called -gun and not -za but that's always been a translation thing even in FF they are basically used interchangeably.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
What's in the box?

WHAT'S IN THE BOOOOOOOOOOX

The elephant's name is Biitopoi which is essentially saying "I like the beat" or "I like Beat" (and Beat's last name is actually Biito lol)
っぽい is used similarly to みたい and らしい, where it's just "like." So it's "like Beat."

It's following a pattern, as Sudo Neku's JP name was ネクッポイ
Rhyme Spirit based on her Noise form when?

KeybladeOrder

Awards
Hearing Luxu was entrusted with whatever's inside that box instead of getting a Book of Prophecy has got me thinking, and I just came up with a really intriguing idea: what if the reason Luxu never received a Book is because the MoM is grooming him to wield the X-Blade and take his place one day, like how Eraqus passed down the secrets of the Land of Departure to Aqua in BBS?

That also got me thinking of something else: there's that old legend about the Keyblade from the Gathering secret ending in KH2: "one legend says it's weirder saved the world while another says he brought chaos and ruin upon it." It may be that, if what I suggested above is true, that the quote is actually referring to both Luxu and the MoM, but after the war, the legends depicted the two as one person with two contradictory backstories instead of 2 separate people who each had different roles in the conflict?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Dream Drop Distance looks fantastic there! I wish that Square would release direct feed footage, I'm desperate to see ignore in motion. I wanna see the Elephant skate.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wouldn't his fellow apprentices recognize him? There is no way they all kept their faces covered for as long as they've known each other and trained under their Master.

Not to mention the fact that Ephemer is constantly asking about the book. Why would he need to ask if he worked directly under MoM? It seems like he's had plenty of access to the book, and even knows the words of the final pages by heart.

That's what I'm thinking as well. It doesn't add up except if one wants to insinuate that either a) Ephemer is a consumable liar and excellent actor, b) has some memory-problems himself or c) is schizophrenic and has two different personalities.

Like Master Spockanort, I assume that this is done deliberately in order to invoke exactly this dilemma.
"Eyes are the window to the soul" is a common saying and since in KH the heart takes most of the functions and traits of what other works and mythology define as the "soul" it fits rather nicely.

---

Also, in the translation of Back Cover, this passage:
A mysterious person in this world is revealed.

To whom may this refer to?
The "Player"-character?
Maleficent? (as of the Unchained 0 ending from browser chi)
Ventus? (due to being drawn twice or thrice in connection to the chi-cast already by Nomura himself)

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Also, in the translation of Back Cover, this passage:

To whom may this refer to?
The "Player"-character?
Maleficent? (as of the Unchained 0 ending from browser chi)
Ventus? (due to being drawn twice or thrice in connection to the chi-cast already by Nomura himself)

Thanks for catching that. Actually it's not referring to a 'person'. I've accidentally fragmented the sentence without context so it actually says this. I'll fix it.

"It is a tale of the Master of Masters and his 6 apprentices that have the ability to see into the future. Records of the mystery of the world are revealed."

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Thanks for catching that. Actually it's not referring to a 'person'. I've accidentally fragmented the sentence without context so it actually says this. I'll fix it.

"It is a tale of the Master of Masters and his 6 apprentices that have the ability to see into the future. Records of the mystery of the world are revealed."

Oh, interesting.
I was actually wondering the same, thanks for the update translation.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
All y'all slept on my post but look at that, we have challenges that can be viewed from the Objectives menu.

Surely it would be a waste to put "Objectives" in the main menu if there went any collectibles or side quests right? I know it's a solo journey and she won't meet anyone but there could be a few side quests like finding documents and stuff. Having an "Objectives" menu would be such a waste if it just kept track of the story missions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back