• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 in Weekly Famitsu!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
All of this is loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove.
Ephemera is super-cute.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So fun note:

Ephemer has skinny arms and Luxu is buff so we can all give up on the theory that they are the same person. Luxu is also slightly taller even with the slight heel on his boots.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
So fun note:

Ephemer has skinny arms and Luxu is buff so we can all give up on the theory that they are the same person. Luxu is also slightly taller even with the slight heel on his boots.
plus they praobally have different actors as well

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I will always find hard to link a relatively "normal" kid with full of unclear doubts about the Foretellers who gets recruited(?) by the MoM during the plot with one of the six original apprentices.
With all due respect.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
by the way ephemer scene i seem he talking to someone maybe even skuld?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Individuality is an empty word, in a realm with people who actually WANT the Rebirth theory to be true.
Why having five new characters when they can be 2.0 versions of previous ones?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Individuality is an empty word, in a realm with people who actually WANT the Rebirth theory to be true.

That's exactly the problem I see. I feel a bit alone with that but I still hope that no one from the Back Cover era is like a predecessor of any other character.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't want them to be the same character but figures that many people automatically want to see that. Talk about individuality...

People are actually proposing that Ephemer and Luxu are one and the same now? With what reasoning for Chirithy's sake? They are nothing alike and while Ephemer is seeking for answers about the truth Luxu is the one who should probably know the most out of everyone except maybe the Master of Masters.
Doesn't really add up at all.

Ugh, don't remind me of that mindset.
By now it has gotten so far that I actually get some tingling sense of true annoyance everytime this theory gets brought up.
You can only repeat a certain "twist" once or twice in an ongoing tale before it starts to get stale, boring and annoying.

At least Ephemer and Luxu are both new characters so there wouldn't actually be yet another copy of an already existing character if for whatever reason they would really be connected or even "the same" (and I still do not get from where this suddenly comes, we haven't even translations for that article yet and them being featured beside each other is most likely only because they're both from Back Cover in this case).

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Xenogears pulled off the concept of Reincarnation fantastically well. Just because a Reincarnated version of a character exist doesn't immediately strip them away of their "individuality", plus, you have to consider the fact that it's just limited to the BBS Trio and Destiny Islands duo.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
People are actually proposing that Ephemer and Luxu are one and the same now? With what reasoning for Chirithy's sake? They are nothing alike and while Ephemer is seeking for answers about the truth Luxu is the one who should probably know the most out of everyone except maybe the Master of Masters.
Doesn't really add up at all.

"I mean it makes sense right, Ephemera is so curious about the Foretellers yet unlike others he dares to ask questions. Maybe he knows them and wants to test them or see what they tell him if asked! Maybe he's a spy on behalf of the MoM!!!!!!!!!!!"

Theory busted tho cause the only one I see Luxu connected to if anyyyy is still Eraqus but hey.
We already know the community is crazy for the weirdest theories.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I get the feeling that the ones who see Ephemer and Luxu's placing as "evidence" are just seeing what they want to see at this point. I can't really think of a very strong reason why Luxu would be Ephemer beyond just being able to say
tumblr_lsichgAXEv1qfjhgro1_400.gif

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I hope everyone from back cover grows up and dies of old age like real people do

The universe-wrecking war happening when most of them are still teens might throw a wrench in that though...<__<

Just because a Reincarnated version of a character exist doesn't immediately strip them away of their "individuality", plus, you have to consider the fact that it's just limited to the BBS Trio and Destiny Islands duo.

It does add another layer of useless baggage that doesn't enrich the story in any way though except making it more confusing, not to mention yielding yet another set of "visual" clones.
"Just" BBS Trio and Destiny Islands trio is funny to say when that is exactly the problem since strictly visually spoken we already have three Soras (Sora himself, Vanitas and Data-Sora), two Ventus' (Ventus himself and Roxas), three Riku's (Riku himself, Riku Replica and Data-Riku) and three Kairi's (Kairi herself, Naminé and Xion).
Out of these six characters in those two trios, only two are without a clone yet (only one even if you want to count Terra-Xehanort as a Terra-clone) and Aqua's high popularity within the fandom stems at least partly from the fact that she hasn't got a visual clone/derived other self of her running around.

Then there's also the saying of "the blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb", meaning that connections and bonds/relationships formed by choice hold more meaning and importance than those dictated to oneself by mere biology or something bullshitty as "fate".

"I mean it makes sense right, Ephemera is so curious about the Foretellers yet unlike others he dares to ask questions. Maybe he knows them and wants to test them or see what they tell him if asked! Maybe he's a spy on behalf of the MoM!!!!!!!!!!!"

Theory busted tho cause the only one I see Luxu connected to if anyyyy is still Eraqus but hey.
We already know the community is crazy for the weirdest theories.

Wut?
Ok, well yeah, I don't see/remember any hints towards that anywhere but whatever, lol.

Maybe we should re-open the case if Kairi is really a Princess of Heart then?
A connection to Eraqus would at least result only in a first visual clone, not a third or fourth one, rofl.

In all seriousness though I am on the same bandwagon as you in this matter:
I still hope that no one from the Back Cover era is like a predecessor of any other character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back