• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Twilight really that good?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarluxiaCosplay

So, about movies.........
Twilight seems to have totally taken over the world. What is so good about it, I don`t know. So, which do you prefer?

Twillight?
Harry Potter?
Transformers?
Anything thats not Twilight........ (or new moon...) ?

really, anything at all..... !

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
To answer your question, no, Twilight is not that good. It's horrible.
A lot of fangirls fail to realize that Edward is an abusive boyfriend...
Of course, that's just my opinion.

There are a lot of things I prefer over Twilight.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Unfortunately MarluxiaCosplay, if you're looking for fans to tell you what they like about Twilight, you're on the wrong forums. Most people around here hate the series, and I don't know of any serious fans that exist here anymore.

As for my opinion:

I GREATLY prefer Harry Potter to Twilight. And I GREATLY prefer Twilight to Transformers. Transformers 2, that is. Transformers 1 was decent, and I don't know much about the rest of the franchise.

But I think the reason why people like Twilight so much is because they think it's an amazing love story and that Edward Cullen is the Perfect Man. Or they love vampires and anything related to them. Or the idea of a forbidden romance attracts them. Or all of the above. I like the series because I find it relatively entertaining and I'm a fierce supporter of Team Jacob. Jacob's a great character and his brief friendship/borderline romance with Bella was cute before Edward stepped back into the fray. That's generally why I like it.

Lolita

Dear You
It's not horrible, but it's not the most amazing thing ever, really.
It has it's pro's and cons, but the negatives win over the positives. it's your typical story for teens looking for a decent romance between a supposedly godlike and perfect vampire and a mary sue mere human. Even though it's supposed to contrast a mythical creature and a mere human having a romance story, both characters are awfully too perfect. The main character, Bella, also has no personality, so it's hard to relate to the main character.
It's not amazing, but it's not OMG HORRIBLE FUCK YOU either. I say it's decent. My view can change, and others as well might, if you'd ignore the fantards that scream EDWARD CULLEN11!!! or JACOB!!!11 and attack you for it, as well as the extremely hateful Anti-Twilighters that really are just as bad as the fantards.

F

Fagren

My mom watched New Moon on the internet yesterday,so before I could find out the biggest knife we had, she went on to say Twilight sucks after watching 30 mins of the movie.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Never seen. Doubt I ever will.
Vampires are just to fangirlish in my opinion.

αsiя

space coke
Never seen it but I dislike how they made the classic horror characters into fags

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
No. Twilight is vile. It's the worst movie of 2008. Not to mention you have dumb sparkly vampires that are really fairies (Shut up Stephanie Meyer), a co-dependent girl named Bella who tries to kill herself just to see her Edward and is an idiot who can't do anything (She's worse than Kairi), it very badly written, the acting sucks, etc. It's basically a teeny bopper movie with vampires and werewolves thrown in for the hell of it.

Harry Potter is much better.

MangaCrazy101

The Blonde
Awards
Website
mangacrazy101.blogspot.com
Yes as stated before you are DEFFINATELY on the wrong forum. We anime/manga/kh lovers prefer vampires to burn and DIE in sunlight... -__- not sparkle!
I always thought it was silly before i saw it cause I hate overrated things like pink -_-
No real action happens in Twilight (havent seen new moon) its more romance and I am a major romance fan... i thought it was stupid... and HP over twilight any time and Transformers1 is one of my four favourite moves.

So there you have my opinion *sighs after a good rant*

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
It's the worst movie of 2008
Not really. No way it can be the worse when it was released in the same year as Babylon AD, Witless Protection, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, or The Hottie & the Nottie.

Now it wasn't a good movie when you take it as a whole. If you really want to know what was good about it then go find some fan girls and ask.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Not really. No way it can be the worse when it was released in the same year as Babylon AD, Witless Protection, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, or The Hottie & the Nottie.

Oh yes, I remember now. Okay, it was one of the worst movies of 2008 and the worst vampire movie of 2008.

HerGuitar

Ugh, I'm sick of seeing all these Edward Cullen Twilight shirts. And no Twilight is not good at all - I don't get how people sat through the whole entire movie. If I wanted to watch the movie I would do it purely for laughs.

Taylor Lautner is legitimately hot though, <3 (don't deny! D:)

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
re: twilight hate instigation thread

anyone who takes literature and film seriously will probably agree that hardly any huge bestselling movie/book fads truly deserve the attention they get, and in my opinion twilight, harry potter and transformers are all subject to this.

twilight reads like a shoujo manga, so statements like

We anime/manga/kh lovers prefer vampires to burn and DIE in sunlight... -__- not sparkle!

are absolutely ridiculous.

i love twilight. i read most of the books within a week or so and fell in love with the story immediately. the lengths edward and bella would go for each other are adorably idealistic, like a fairytale.

"OH NOES HE SPARKLES WHAT THAT IS SO GAY REAL VAMPIRES DON'T DO THAT" -- shut the fuck up.

it's fiction.

meyer can do with her characters what she wants, adjusting the idea of vampire as she wants to, just like lewis can make animals talk and rowling can make witches and wizards good and not evil.

so many people critique it through character flaws, like edward's over-protectiveness and obsession, when this is only something that makes it more realistic and a wonderful element of fiction.

meyer lets the reader feel everything bella feels, the frustration, self-consciousness, and devotion; and if you find that strange or stupid, frankly, i don't think you've ever been in love.

it's junk food lit to me, guilty pleasure, and there's a disturbing amount of people who feel the same way but fake that they hate it to blend in with the crowd.

I don't know of any serious fans that exist here anymore.

hi. :)

She's worse than Kairi

kill yourself.

cause I hate overrated things like pink -_-

you too.

the extremely hateful Anti-Twilighters that really are just as bad as the fantards.

i have never been more proud. ;-; you are truly my little sister.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
Twilight is shoujo anime in western format.

Not joking. It plays out as a perfect shoujo series.

Still not gonna read it though.

Lolita

Dear You
;u; ily too elle<3

but seriously.
The extreme haters are all like OMG YOU LIKE TWILIGHT FUCK YOU MAN IT SUCKS when they're just the same as the fantards, just they stand from a different perspective.

I seriously don't get also the shitting about Edward sparkling. It's fantasy/fiction. Of course there's going to be things that won't happen in reality. therefore, the genre. So I don't get why people are pissing their pants over sparkles.

While I have to say, Bella is a bland character with little to no personality, Meyer is pretty descriptive with things. Bella personality wise is hard to relate to, supposedly a mere human which is actually too perfect but with little personality, but Meyer does the most she can making everything like a movie in your mind, you can visualize everything.

All in all, Twilight isn't horrible or bad, but it's not the most godly thing in the world. It's decent to good, in my opinion, I loved the books, hated the movie, hated the fans, and hated the extreme haters.

cause I hate overrated things like pink -_-
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH
in a thread where dear Elle would step in, you're retarded to say that.
and pink isn't overrated.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Re: twilight hate instigation thread

so many people critique it through character flaws, like edward's over-protectiveness and obsession, when this is only something that makes it more realistic and a wonderful element of fiction.
from what i've heard, i don't believe edward is realistic at all. he's what girls want a guy to be, and is therefore pure fantasy.

meyer lets the reader feel everything bella feels, the frustration, self-consciousness, and devotion; and if you find that strange or stupid, frankly, i don't think you've ever been in love.
teenagers + love = bullshit. i'm sorry.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I seriously don't get also the shitting about Edward sparkling. It's fantasy/fiction. Of course there's going to be things that won't happen in reality. therefore, the genre. So I don't get why people are pissing their pants over sparkles.
It's just that, the social norm in almost all forms of literature that includes vampires will more than likely have vampires weak to sunlight. Whether it just weakens them to a point where they're only as strong as a human or whether it actually starts to burn their skin, it has become a widely accepted convention since pretty much forever that vampires are weak to sunlight.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Re: twilight hate instigation thread

from what i've heard, i don't believe edward is realistic at all. he's what girls want a guy to be, and is therefore pure fantasy.

and he fully recognizes this, because that's what he is, the perfect predator, and he views it as his own flaw. he acts just like any guy would if they were turned into a monster and torn between the girl he loves and keeping her safe.

could you at least read the book before commenting, stooge? :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back