• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How do you read your Manga?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I don't mind reading manga online, but I do prefer having it for real. The downside is that a lot of mangas are either too expensive for me to buy on a regular basis (Hellsing ;-; Berserk ;;w;; :heart: ) or by viz, and I decided a long time ago not to support their releases anymore. It's not like Tokyopop never did anything I disagreed with (bring back usage of last names and suffixes in DNAngel, bitches! >_<) but seeing how it's not a general issue with them, I don't mind. Viz however slaughter almost every series I had any interest in buying from them in the past, and unless something extreme happens I don't plan on supporting them even by buying releases in other genres they don't slaughter.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
I don't mind reading manga online, but I do prefer having it for real. The downside is that a lot of mangas are either too expensive for me to buy on a regular basis (Hellsing ;-; Berserk ;;w;; :heart: ) or by viz, and I decided a long time ago not to support their releases anymore. It's not like Tokyopop never did anything I disagreed with (bring back usage of last names and suffixes in DNAngel, bitches! >_<) but seeing how it's not a general issue with them, I don't mind. Viz however slaughter almost every series I had any interest in buying from them in the past, and unless something extreme happens I don't plan on supporting them even by buying releases in other genres they don't slaughter.
i agree with the first part, but not with the second.

i dont mind it either, and i like to read them in book form if i can.

but i really like Viz, they're by far my favorite. Tokyopop is ok, but they come out with way more useless, unnecessary mangas than Viz.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
but i really like Viz, they're by far my favorite. Tokyopop is ok, but they come out with way more useless, unnecessary mangas than Viz.

Which is probably why they're facing bankrupcy, at least as far as I know. That, and non-Japanese "manga" :v
Seeing however how Viz just about killed Naruto and Bleach on the things that mean the most to me, and I adore Tokyopop's Fruits Basket as well as other assorted titles, I'm far more lenient towards them.

Eva

~ &#9829;~ Grand Summoner~ &#9829;~
Awards
Every way, varying on the manga; I buy the ones I deem worthy, I read online the translated ones (Mangafox and Onemanga), and I watch the anime for the ones I recently discovered.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
ill go to books-a-million and just read like 4 or 5 mangas lol
i really like the "Orphan" series

Firo

Oh Crap
How do I read my manga? Back to front lol.

I usually like to have the manga, but if I can't get a copy or I find a series that isn't published in america I use the internet. Instead of waiting for the anime, I buy the manga during the anime to get more of the story.

Apollo

Silver Member
I basically have to read online. They only sell Naruto, and Bleach in my town.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
pick up shonen jump from the store then read it on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back