• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

EDIT: DAYS GOT ALL OF THE AWARDS EXPECTED! BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
Can't believe it won everything. (well it should)
Also I voted in it so I'm happy to see KH won!

T

The Spoiler

BUT WHO ELSE WILL I EAT ICE CREAM WITH
I know you loled at that, but it was sad. He was basically saying, "who else will I be friends with?" because he thought friends are people who eat ice cream and laugh. He couldnt go back to Axel, so Xion was all he had. And th one thing he loved to do, is eat ice cream with her. So in a way, he is saying, "what am I going to do without you?"

Its quite sad really once you stop and pay attention to the story, which it did have one, so I dont see why everyone is saying it doesnt.

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
Didn't think Days would get that much recognition.
It was ok, but I didn't think it would get game of the year.
I guess the people that voted were pro-Days.

Aria

braver by the minute
Wow, I'm surprised Days won so many awards. I don't think it necessarily deserved Game of the Year, but it's cool that it won either way.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You guys know this is because of ya'll right. Haha, at least 3,000 people clicked the vote link on KHI.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Jesus Christ, here I came to the forum thinking everyone would be all pumped and happy for 358/2 Days winning EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY (which, yes, I do believe it deserved, when you compare it to its competitors), and I find that everyone is freaking out over all the awards. :/

One thing to take into consideration is that all the nominees for these awards are just games that Nintendo pooped out. That is to say, they're only games for the DS and Wii, which unfortunately have some of the worst games to date. 358/2 isn't going against huge games like Bioshock or Grand Theft Auto IV or anything--if it was, it would have lost terribly. Although 358/2 isn't like "OMG BEST GAME EVAR", I definitely believe it deserved to win against the other nominees. 358/2 is only being put against the pathetic pieces of crap that the magazine decided to pit against it.

The only games that stood a chance of beating KH for Game of the Year would be Mario and Zelda, but seriously, Spirit Tracks and the New Mario Bros (or whatever it's called) are doing the exact same thing as 358/2. They're games that expand on a well-established franchise, reusing content and music and gameplay, etc. People get butthurt because 358/2 is just like KH2, waah boohoo. But you can't deny that Spirit Tracks is a slight variation of Phantom Hourglass, and let's face it, the Mario game is just the old version but with prettier graphics. And you cry at night because IT'S TRUE. ;^; 358/2 Days just happened to do this better than Zelda and Mario, which is, of course, arguable, but you also have to take into consideration that Kingdom Hearts has an active and incredibly devoted fanbase. I know a lot of people like Mario and Zelda, but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near as numerous as the KH fandom. So in a sense, yes, it is a popularity contest, but don't bash 358/2 just because it's similar to the other KH games, when in actuality, most other games on that list are doing the EXACT SAME THING.
"OOH MAH GAAH, KH HAS SHIT-TASTIC VOICE ACTING AND IT SUX MAN."
Honestly, the only noises that would qualify as "voice acting" in Call of Duty, Silent Hill and Dead Space would be horrible screams of pain and other irrelevent tidbits of talking. Again, take in mind WHO exactly 358/2 is competing against. 358/2 managed to get most of the original voice actors back, and it sounded exceptional for DS qualities. Too many games that feature voice acting end up sounding fuzzy or muddled.

I'm a fan of 358/2 Days, I really am. But apparently that's a crime now because KH has too big of a fandom, which really can't be helped, and unfortunately it wins lots of awards. I'm man enough to admit it's not the greatest game out there, and maybe one of the primary reasons it won so much is because all the other nominees sucked a fat one, but I do think 358/2 deserved all this attention. Good DS games are hard to come by nowadays, and I'm glad KH got a spot in the limelight to show people that there is hope for decent handheld games.

Long post is long. </3 But I really think people need to stop bashing a perfectly good game.
Thanks for saying what I wanted to.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
One thing to take into consideration is that all the nominees for these awards are just games that Nintendo pooped out. That is to say, they're only games for the DS and Wii, which unfortunately have some of the worst games to date. 358/2 isn't going against huge games like Bioshock or Grand Theft Auto IV or anything--if it was, it would have lost terribly. Although 358/2 isn't like "OMG BEST GAME EVAR", I definitely believe it deserved to win against the other nominees. 358/2 is only being put against the pathetic pieces of crap that the magazine decided to pit against it.

The only games that stood a chance of beating KH for Game of the Year would be Mario and Zelda, but seriously, Spirit Tracks and the New Mario Bros (or whatever it's called) are doing the exact same thing as 358/2. They're games that expand on a well-established franchise, reusing content and music and gameplay, etc. People get butthurt because 358/2 is just like KH2, waah boohoo. But you can't deny that Spirit Tracks is a slight variation of Phantom Hourglass, and let's face it, the Mario game is just the old version but with prettier graphics. And you cry at night because IT'S TRUE. ;^; 358/2 Days just happened to do this better than Zelda and Mario, which is, of course, arguable, but you also have to take into consideration that Kingdom Hearts has an active and incredibly devoted fanbase. I know a lot of people like Mario and Zelda, but I wouldn't say they're anywhere near as numerous as the KH fandom. So in a sense, yes, it is a popularity contest, but don't bash 358/2 just because it's similar to the other KH games, when in actuality, most other games on that list are doing the EXACT SAME THING.
Honestly, the only noises that would qualify as "voice acting" in Call of Duty, Silent Hill and Dead Space would be horrible screams of pain and other irrelevent tidbits of talking. Again, take in mind WHO exactly 358/2 is competing against. 358/2 managed to get most of the original voice actors back, and it sounded exceptional for DS qualities. Too many games that feature voice acting end up sounding fuzzy or muddled.

I'm a fan of 358/2 Days, I really am. But apparently that's a crime now because KH has too big of a fandom, which really can't be helped, and unfortunately it wins lots of awards. I'm man enough to admit it's not the greatest game out there, and maybe one of the primary reasons it won so much is because all the other nominees sucked a fat one, but I do think 358/2 deserved all this attention. Good DS games are hard to come by nowadays, and I'm glad KH got a spot in the limelight to show people that there is hope for decent handheld games.

Long post is long. </3 But I really think people need to stop bashing a perfectly good game.

Why would we be comparing Days to Bioshock in the first place? A shit shinier than another shit is still a shit. People hate Days because it is a horrible game. Its only purpose is for fanservice. And it wasn't even that good fanservice. The story is shot to hell. It writes itself out of the plot. That is terrible writing. Spirits Tracks isn't like Phantom Hourglass though. That is like saying KH is like KH2. Its a sequel. And the Mario game is SUPPOSED to be a rehash of the original game. It doesn't lie and say its an addition to the story like Days did.

So the fanbase is full of people who'll buy anything Nomura shits out. That is a normal fanbase. Really? I know more people who adore Mario and Link and do not know who the hell Sora is. Why? Because Link and Mario have been around a lot longer and are icons. So, I call bullshit on you knowing more people who like KH when Link and Mario have been around long enough for millions of people to know them.

Again, we hate Days because as a game, it is bad. It is nothing like its predecessors because it does not add to the story. Its like an acid trip you can never forget. And face it. The voice acting has always been mediocre. Days is no different.

It is a crime to like Days? No dearie. It is just when you play a game, there are people who will think it is a bad game. KH hasn't won THAT many awards. It has its fair share but it isn't a top dog. And again. A shiny shit is still a shit.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You guys are arguing because we skewed the votes towards KH? You do realize it won every category it was in, that is not supposed to happen.

The poll only got 10,000 votes. KHI alone gets 30,000 visitors a day. We clearly skewed the results.

This is why we even post the "vote for KH!" whenever the free vote polls show up for awards, because we know that collectively, it will skew the results.

T

The Spoiler

dora.gif

NumberVIII

Jesus Christ, here I came to the forum thinking everyone would be all pumped and happy for 358/2 Days winning EVERY SINGLE CATEGORY (which, yes, I do believe it deserved, when you compare it to its competitors), and I find that everyone is freaking out over all the awards. :/

Can we be best friends? Seriously? I love you right now.

Spirits Tracks isn't like Phantom Hourglass though. That is like saying KH is like KH2. Its a sequel.

Lolololol good one!

Spirit Tracks is basically Phantom Hourglass, except that the boat was replaced with an even worse form of transportation, and Linebeck and Ciela were replaced with the most whiny, bratty, obnoxious version of Princess Zelda to date. They even had a remake of the Temple of the Ocean King. With phantoms. And you think they would've learned from PH that the fans hated that shit. The only thing sequel-y about it was the random cameo of Linebeck's grandson, and that was just bullshit. I want my real Linebeck. :|

Therahedwig

It's a while since I last did this kinda thing...

Why would we be comparing Days to Bioshock in the first place? A shit shinier than another shit is still a shit. People hate Days because it is a horrible game. Its only purpose is for fanservice. And it wasn't even that good fanservice. The story is shot to hell. It writes itself out of the plot. That is terrible writing. Spirits Tracks isn't like Phantom Hourglass though. That is like saying KH is like KH2. Its a sequel. And the Mario game is SUPPOSED to be a rehash of the original game. It doesn't lie and say its an addition to the story like Days did.
Oh, so I imagined the funny script, or the implication in BbS that Sora is going to help Xion too, or the explaination why Roxas could dual wield, or why Axel was so trigger happy in CoM.

Well, at least I can enjoy the stand-alone story that doesn't force people to understand the whole Kingdom Hearts mythos. Y'now, the one tragedy about a teenager discovering that everything he thought was right isn't, that he is being used by the people he trusted and that he is supposed to kill one of his best friends. And that, in the end, he can't even take revenge because some asshole kidnaps him to merge with some other kid he never met.
Character driven plot: It's not always about saving the universe, darling.
So the fanbase is full of people who'll buy anything Nomura shits out. That is a normal fanbase. Really? I know more people who adore Mario and Link and do not know who the hell Sora is. Why? Because Link and Mario have been around a lot longer and are icons. So, I call bullshit on you knowing more people who like KH when Link and Mario have been around long enough for millions of people to know them.
Well, I think it's more that he never actually met the actual Zelda fanbase, because otherwise he'd be talking about how they are 10x much worse then anything he'd ever seen before. (Seriously, if you want internet drama, go to a zelda fanforum, and post your own theory on how the games fit in the same timeline, sit back, and enjoy.)
Again, we hate Days because as a game, it is bad. It is nothing like its predecessors because it does not add to the story. Its like an acid trip you can never forget. And face it. The voice acting has always been mediocre. Days is no different.
What if some people like that it was different? I mean, there's people out there who like CoM, should we rain on their parade too?
Also, the fact that you say Days is so bad shows that you really haven't tried out some of the less known games out there, because really, if you actually did you'd be begging for days. It's not the best thing eva, I'll give you that, but it's decent.
Third, like I said, some people prefer stand-alone stories that don't force them to understand the whole franchise mythos.
It is a crime to like Days? No dearie. It is just when you play a game, there are people who will think it is a bad game. KH hasn't won THAT many awards. It has its fair share but it isn't a top dog. And again. A shiny shit is still a shit.
And just as there's people who think the game is bad, there's people out there who liked it. And that should be respected.

Personally, I have nothing to say about voice acting, because I sort of hate how voice-acting is implemented in Jrpgs. I just prefer to have a bit of control in cutscenes, and somehow voiceacting is forced upon you, and you can't leave half of the cutscenes without having to listen to every goddamn word a voice-actor says.(Yes, you can skip them, but I like story, I just don't care for waiting till the voice-actor is done...)

R0x@$

Ok, finally back from my little vacation.

And where would we be today if we never found out how a minor world was rebuilt. Because we all know Agrabah was so important to the plot.

Guess what? I finally have an answer for that. We would be wondering why Nomura decided to remake Agrabah. And once again, I was using Agrabah as an example for other worlds because Agrabah's changes were the most noticable.facepalm

As for that person who added the tag"true kh fans know days sucked"(or something like that), you aren't TRUE kh fans if you thought a KH game sucked. TRUE kh fans actually support kh by voting in their polls(like what the spoiler did) that will help the game or the series win an award, and admire their games, even if it turned out to be a bad one(and no, i'm not saying days DID suck).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back