• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Axel's Torment Already Be Mended?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I was just thinking about this, and it does make -some- sense.

Namine found the memory and wrote the message in the journal sometime before the last of the 6 days in KH2. Around that time, Axel was still trying to save Roxas from the virtual Twilight Town, not wanting to give up his friend. Couldn't of Axel's torment been just that, his friend, Roxas, was gone?

At the time Namine saw that memory, Axel would of appeared in it because he was angry/sad about
Roxas leaving. Namine then places that memory into the journal, with a copy of herself, and the message "You must return to free them form their torment." Now, if Axel's torment were to be mended, he would still be seen in that memory as he was in it when Namine placed it in the journal.

Axel then turns good, and it seems he's at ease with Roxas returning to Sora. He knew the whole time it was the right thing to do, he just didn't accept it, and it seems that he had accepted it when he died.

If Axel's torment was that his friend was gone, couldn't of his acceptance been his mending. This could also explain why Axel doesn't say "Sora" in Blank Points. If he was already "saved" then he wouldn't be calling out to Sora to save him.

So, could Axel's torment already be mended?
Discuss.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Maybe, but his torment could also be something else. Remember, he didn't lose just Roxas, but also his friendship with Saix and the memory of Xion.

Stars

リク
Maybe, but his torment could also be something else. Remember, he didn't lose just Roxas, but also his friendship with Saix and the memory of Xion.

Yeah.
I thought Axel never call Sora in blank point because he has return into his human form and doesn't suffer anymore

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nomura said fixing Axel's torment would be similar to Xehanort.
As in, him becoming a complete being.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Are you sure, because I'm certain I heard otherwise....guess I'll look for the interview.
I'm positive. In the interview he goes into detail about what happens with the heart once it's freed if the body became a Nobody and says it goes into a state of suspended animated. If the Nobody is then defeated they rejoin. He then ends by saying if the Nobody is defeated it goes to darkness, but if the heart is then liberated it, too, could join back to be complete.

So, basically, order doesn't matter so long as both are defeated, and this is pretty much how Yen Sid explains it too.

Box_ghost

Nice to know that Nomura likes to flip flop. Now all of Org XIII an come back.
Wonderful.
I hav-get to fight Braig again. Woohoo.

It's like can't anyone stay gone forever?
I mean, Ansem blew to high fucking heaven.
Now he's in the RoD.

Seriously, WTF?
Twenty buck Repliku will make a reappearance.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Pretty much possible, as the "true" form of death, which is separating body and soul, has not yet happened to anyone.

TraceNReap

In Xigbar's Room playing with his Guns :3
I'm positive. In the interview he goes into detail about what happens with the heart once it's freed if the body became a Nobody and says it goes into a state of suspended animated. If the Nobody is then defeated they rejoin. He then ends by saying if the Nobody is defeated it goes to darkness, but if the heart is then liberated it, too, could join back to be complete.

So, basically, order doesn't matter so long as both are defeated, and this is pretty much how Yen Sid explains it too.

No, Nomura said that the heartless needs to be defeated before the nobody.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Nice to know that Nomura likes to flip flop.
He didn't flip flop, people just don't know how to read. It's the same interview.

I mean, Ansem blew to high fluffing heaven.
It was pretty obvious to me that he never died, even back in KH2.

No, Nomura said that the heartless needs to be defeated before the nobody.
No, he didn't. He said either would work. Read the interview again.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Whatever order it is I think it's safe to assume that Axel (Lea) will be returning in the future in the same manner as Xehanort.

Stars

リク
Yeah.
The rest of the organization members' heartless would be those normal heartless, their heartless would have been killed by Sora in any world... if their heartless must be killed first before their nobodies to return into ownself..

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Idk if mending Axel's torment would only involve his becoming a complete being again. As Xiolio pointed out, he's still lacking proper closure with Roxas, Xion, and Saix. (Well, he technically got closure with Roxas in "Rembrance," but casual NA/PAL fans never got to see that, and it wasn't exactly a "healing the torment" moment when they were both thinking they might never see each other again.) My guess is that there will be some big, dramatic, happy reunion cutscene between Sora and Lea at some point in the future. And Isa will probably reappear too.

Although...

Yeah.
I thought Axel never call Sora in blank point because he has return into his human form and doesn't suffer anymore

That's a very good point; I almost forgot that he never called Sora's name, and I'll bet it's meant to be symbolic for something. But I still think Axel needs some healing.

No, he didn't. He said either would work. Read the interview again.

About this: I haven't read the interview in a while, but I could've sworn that he described the process of a Nobody becoming whole again as being "a bit more complicated" when the Nobody dies before the Heartless. Meaning, it's not impossible, but it's not as guaranteed as it would be if the Heartless was destroyed first.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
What he said was "a bit more complicated" was when the body becomes a Nobody in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back