• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Album(s) of the Year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
How close-minded are you for an 18 year old?
WUT? THERES A SUCH THING AS PERSON WHO DONT AGREE WITH MY RELIGIOUS BELIEF?

Bruh, Nobody was talking to you ^_^

I asked a simple question, I could care less about him agreeing or disagreeing with my religion. Try not to jump into conversations that don't involve you.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

praize jeebus

Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

Can't quite put my finger on it, but this album just amazed me for some reason. I think it's very creative and catchy.

H.A.A.R.P. - Muse

Muse made a live album and named it after a top secret government project. What else needs to be said?

Oracular Spectacular - MGMT

Again, a really catchy and creative album that caught my ear. I like the influence they took for it.

Perfect Symmetry - Keane

I loved it, they took a lot of influence from 80s music and did a really good job with it. Spiralling is the shit.

Seventh Tree - Goldfrapp

I loved the folktronica sound they went for on this album. The addition of acoustic instruments to their sparkly electronic music was a really good combination.

You ought to be cockslapped for not having the following on your list. On second though, no, you'd enjoy that:

Eisley - Combinations

Catchy songs and beautiful female vocal harmonies make for an album I never get tired of listening to and actually grows more on me everytime I listen.

Also:

Portugal. The Man - Censored Colors

Honestly, I was disappointed with this album at first listen, having expected something more akin to Waiter: You Vultures or Church Mouth, but upon closer listening, Censored Colors is really quite enjoyable.

EDIT: So what if Combinations came out in 07 Rich? I don't care, it deserves mention anyway :v

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Well my top picks for Album of the year include

Cinematic Sunrise-A Coloring Story Book And Long Playing Record.
I really enjoy the vocals of Craig Owens, and this side project of his has been nothing but something that enlightens me anytime i listen to them. Its a complete change from Chiodos.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
It's kinda've implied in the title that this a thread about album's released this year (and the appraisal thereof), albeit i'll edit the first post to make it slightly more obvious

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Hmm...

Thr33 Ringz by T-Pain
Strangely, one of my fave R&B albums. Yes, I said R&B. Haterz, the nigga can sing...sort of. He knows how to put together some music, and his productions never sound the same (Timbaland, Scott Storch, etc.) and he is the true "Ringleader" of the game right now.

Paper Trail by T.I.
The true best rap album of the year. Live Your Life, Whatever You Like, Dead and Gone....I believe that says it all. I don't give a damn what the sales say, Tha Carter III can't touch this shit. That being said...

Tha Carter III by Lil Wayne
Shut the **** up people, this shit was still great.

Exclusive: The Forever Edition by Chris Brown
The best entertainer out right now. Wall to Wall, Kiss Kiss, With You, Forever, Down, I could go all day. Definitely the best R&B album of the year. His singing is underestimated, he just spends too much time trying to dance and sing at the same time. Breezy, it's not gonna happen, give a little time to singing, we know you can dance, alright? That being said, he's my favorite artist for a reason.

808s & Heartbreak by Knaye West
His ego may be unbearable, but the nigga sells records for a reason. Love Lockdown and Heartless are two of the best singles of the year. There was just one flaw...Yeezy, we know you can't sing. Don't try and do this shit live, alright? Keep it in the studio. And this junk was tight, but still...that next rap album better come soon. I miss the Louis Vuitton Don.

Theater of the Mind by Ludacris
Great album from a great, but inconsistent rapper. Release Therapy was alright, but this junkwas tight...and hilarious. Luda is at his best when he's being witty (One More Drink). I'm still hyped up from Undisputed and Last of a Dying Breed with Weezy. A largely underrated rapper, indeed...or is he an actor now? XD

In the City by Kevin Rudolf
OMG...I actually bought rock album...and enjoyed it! My favorite tracks aren't even the ones with rappers on it ( Let it Rock with Weezy, and N.Y.C with Nas.) I recommend this album to everybody, rap and rock fans alike. My favorite songs are Great Escape, Gimme A Sign, and I Song. The tracks with rappers (also has Welcome to the World with Rick Ross, and Tennessee with Birdman) are all noteworthy too.

I feel like I'm forgetting something...well, if I remember it, I'll be back. But this is my list.

Alright I'm back. I forgot one:
Year of the Gentleman by Ne-Yo
My second favorite R&B album of the year. Ne-Yo has won my favor with the release of this one. Before, I thought that he was just alright. My favorites were Closer, Single, Lie To Me, Fade Into the Background, and Miss Independent. And with these recent videos and performances of his, I've really come to respect him as a dancer as well as a very talented vocalist. And his songwriting talent is out of this world.

Last edited:
Yeah, no order whatsoever.

Scars on Broadway by Scars on Broadway
I don't like the band as much as I like System of a Down, but a surprisingly good album.

Appeal To Reason by Rise Against
I haven't decided if this is their best album, but it certainly ranks up in the top.

Fight With Tools by Flobots
Never been a big fan of rap/hip-hop, but I really like this band.

Intimacy by Bloc Party
Don't really care what anyone thinks about this album, I liked it a lot. Still, I don't like it as much as A Weekend In The City.

Brain Thrust Mastery by We Are Scientists
While it isn't nearly as good as the almost-perfect debut, it's still quite the awesome album.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Umm, here we go, I guess.

"Madeline" by Tickle Me Pink
In terms of music, they have that same generic sound that is similar to a lot of new rock artists, but they sound the best to me.

"Appeal to Reason" by Rise Against
<Insert other people's comments here>

"Beyond the Horizon" by People in Planes
What can I say? I'm a sucker for their bizarre, yet strangely familiar, sound.

"Music" by Girugamesh
Not as good as their previous albums, but still a blast to listen to (even though Satoshi doesn't sound quite as passionate this time around).

"Wheels of Fortune" by No Regret Life
With a deep voice that is surprising for a J-Rock band, this has a very refreshing tone about it that most J-Rock albums don't.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God

After a small period of time or just sheer suck that was "with oden on our side" amon amarth came back to win the hearts of metal heads everywhere with this album.Their isn't a bad song on it. Every song is very thought out and it doesn't let up for anyone, showing that amon amarth still has it in them to rock faces off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back