• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Album(s) of the Year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
My fault Massive Attack, I knew I was forgetting something to do with rock. Or whatever the hell they count as. But I bought Demon Days by Gorillaz and loved that junk! Especially Feel Good Inc. That's my shit for real!

First album I ever bought for myself. I think it's almost more experimental rock than anything else, in retrospect.

Again, if you liked Gorillaz, listen to Blur's self titled album, or maybe Parklife. Both bands have the same frontman, so if you liked one you'd probably like the other at least a little.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
6) City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love - Got into Dallas' solo project through the myspace transmissions, and have remained fixated since. More varied musically than 'Sometimes' but maintaining a brilliantly personal touch in the lyrics department = great.

Re-listened to this album, I agree.
Awesome album.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
6) City and Colour - Bring Me Your Love - Got into Dallas' solo project through the myspace transmissions, and have remained fixated since. More varied musically than 'Sometimes' but maintaining a brilliantly personal touch in the lyrics department = great.

Becoming X said:
Re-listened to this album, I agree.
Awesome album.

Good call(s) on this one. I love Dallas' voice, even though I think when it's contrasted with George's it sounds better; he sounded incredible during This Could Be Anywhere In The World at Reading this year, so when I dragged my friends to watch Alexisonfire, they were Dallas converts ;) But I digress.
This album is more mature than Sometimes, but still comes across so raw and innocent.

Shade73 said:
T.I. Paper Trail
Don't agree with T.I's 'Paper Trail' at ALL.
I'd go so far as to nominate 'Live Your Life' for shittest song of the year <insert long winded explanation here>, but what happened to the T.I of KING? His sales may have rocketed, but my respect for him has plummeted. (Saying that, Whatever You Like is still pretty tiiiight)

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
Fantasy Black Channel by Late of the Pier.

I said this was album of the year a few weeks back, but forgot to mark it up in this thread.

Jakenkyo

UROBOROS by Dir En Grey

Kaoru said in an intervew before the album release when asked about the sound on Uroboros and his answer was "This is probably our most craziest album yet."
Damn right.

Though other fans who are hardcore about their old music from their Visual Kei days would disagree and say "Its their worst album yet." yeah I know some people like that, and seen. And yes if you listen to one of their old albums like Gauze and listen to Uroboros you'll obviously hear how much they have changed over the past 10 years but I kinda favor their new music the most now. To each his own I guess.

The album is their most diverse yet though IMO

And the album reached #1 on BillBoard Heatseekers and a song from the album called "Dozing Green" won viewers choice on HeadBangersBall and the band just completed their North America Tour (which I attended by some miracle) though they only performed about 3 songs from that album >> the rest were songs from their other albums like The Marrow of a Bone, Withering to Death, and VULGAR.

Ok I'll stop ranting, but yeah to the point UROBOROS.

Shade737

Silver Member
Don't agree with T.I's 'Paper Trail' at ALL.
I'd go so far as to nominate 'Live Your Life' for shittest song of the year <insert long winded explanation here>, but what happened to the T.I of KING? His sales may have rocketed, but my respect for him has plummeted. (Saying that, Whatever You Like is still pretty tiiiight)
I didn't know you listened to T.I. :) well I don't know much about his change since he just recently got into my attention but I will listen to KING and see what the difference is.

Malevolence

Raw Life
The number 12 looks like you.

Dance Gavin Dance - Untitled
I am not one to immediately love new music from a band that I have liked in the past, but this album blew me away and took a shit in my mouth. I mean that in the most musically pleasing way possible. Kurt Travis took the lead vocals and Jon Mess contributed his distorted vocal prowess to create an album that anyone can love. Will Swan has proven himself to be a guitar god, blowing my mind on almost every track. This album covers everything from Hardcore, to Pop, Indie, Alternative, Math Rock, Screamo, Salsa, and even some Psychedelic shit. Any band can claim they are "unique" or "different" to try to attract fans, but I highly doubt any band will constantly amaze you in the way this band does. Anyone can appreciate this album, and through all of the lineup changes, the band has shown that they can still rock your balls off and rip you apart with choruses that just beg you to sing along. They are still Dance Gavin Dance.

Amen to you man
=)

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
How the hell did u hate Paper Trail that was the street shit man, me and my cousin was blasting Swing Your Rag in Southside Jamaica the album was ill. But this year i think between Paper Trail, 808 & Heartbreak, The Recession,Thr33 Ringz and Tha Carter III those were the best albums this year. I got much love for my boy Young Jeezy he was putting it down in Put On, Vacation and Crazy World now he rocking it with Who Dat he's a banger

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Wale's Mixtape About Nothing was pretty sick too.

Not quite as good as Feed the Animals, but probably around second or third best hip-hop album of the year.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Adding 'We Started Nothing' by the Ting Tings to this list.

It's about time we had some damn infectious BritPop, and this album easily fills the void. Solid, catchy and just plain awesome throughout. It's going cheap as well at the moment (in the UK), so hop to it folks

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Adding 'We Started Nothing' by the Ting Tings to this list.

It's about time we had some damn infectious BritPop, and this album easily fills the void. Solid, catchy and just plain awesome throughout. It's going cheap as well at the moment (in the UK), so hop to it folks

not britpop lol.
mainstream pop music is usually a bad thing, but The Ting Tings' music is catchy, yet not something you should be ashamed of liking. Obvious Talking Heads references is cool too c:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Only problem is the Ting Tings are really bad live and get annoying really, really fast.

Also, I know it's not technically out this year, but Animal Collective's new album is beyond fantastic <3

Disluxia

dclastfm.gif

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Only problem is the Ting Tings are really bad live and get annoying really, really fast.

Also, I know it's not technically out this year, but Animal Collective's new album is beyond fantastic <3

Actually thought they were OK live, nothing astounding by any means (it's just the album put on shuffle with the inevitable encore) but they didn't make me wish to run away from the gig, like Panic! did a while back.

Albeit how much I enjoyed it may be down to the company I was with for the gigs, rather than the actual calibre of the bands...meh

Arcon-Death

Disturbed - Indestructible: Another batch of great music from Disturbed, with the immensely popular single Inside the Fire

Avenged Sevenfold - Live In the LBC/Diamonds in the Rough: essentially all the B-Sides to their self titled album released in '07, while not containing the best songs was overall one of the better albums, and comes with the awesome live DVD

lee_kim

Here's my four albums of the year:
T-Pain-Thr33 Ringz, T.I.-Paper Trail,
Lil Wayne-Tha Carter III, and Kanye West-808s & Heartbreak.

Killa DeX

Circa Old Valendian 706
Yo did anyone mention Jamie Foxx's album that's a really good R&B album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back