• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Album(s) of the Year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
There is more to music than rap, Heartless.

Rap isn't even my favorite genre, R&B is. But there weren't a whole lot of great ones this year. Usher's was mediocre, and I haven't heard Beyonce's or Brandy's yet. It was just Chris Breezy, Some due named Joe that my dad likes, and...oh shit, I know who I forgot!!!!^^

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Rap isn't even my favorite genre, R&B is. But there weren't a whole lot of great ones this year. Usher's was mediocre, and I haven't heard Beyonce's or Brandy's yet. It was just Chris Breezy, Some due named Joe that my dad likes, and...oh shit, I know who I forgot!!!!^^

Then there's a lot more to music than Rap and R&B

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Look man, I don't listen to rock and probably never will. I could say there is more to music than rock, or whatever the hell it is that you listen to, but I don't. I respect your choice of music, as you should respect mine. Now, some rock songs that I discovered this year are:

The Kill by 30 Seconds To Mars
Move Along by All-American Rejects
I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy
It's Not Over by Daughtry
Kevin Rudolf's In the City album
That's What You Get by Paramore
Nine In The Afternoon by PANIC! At The Disco
Inside the Fire by Disturbed
This Moment by Disturbed
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence

Personally, I am shocked that I found that many that I like this year.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Look man, I don't listen to rock and probably never will. I could say there is more to music than rock, or whatever the hell it is that you listen to, but I don't. I respect your choice of music, as you should respect mine. Now, some rock songs that I discovered this year are:

This Moment by Disturbed

Then there's a lot more to music than rock.
And no wonder you don't like rock is because the songs you listened to are dogshit.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Once again, it all depends on someone's taste. Don't criticize me for liking the songs that I like. Rap, rock, or otherwise.
And I forgot to mention, it isn't even out yet, but Eminem drops a new album this month. I already know I'll be adding that to my favorites list.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards

This Moment by Disturbed

Eww singles.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I listen to a lot of hip-hop too.

It's just obvious to me you don't make an attempt to listen to anything outside your parameters, and that bugs me.

Also, like Galen and Steve said, those songs suck.

C

Charlie

Katy Perry's up there, most likely.
I'm just saying this out of assumption.

Same with T.I's, 'Paper Trail.'
The Carter III just /goes/ without saying. He's a faggot for his arrogance, but the numbers don't lie :3

And Eminem doesn't even need to be mentioned until he drops another hit album.
Lately, he's been lacking because he's earned a well deserved break.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I listen to a lot of hip-hop too.

It's just obvious to me you don't make an attempt to listen to anything outside your parameters, and that bugs me.

Also, like Galen and Steve said, those songs suck.

Who the hell are you to tell me what I do and don't try to do. Do you think I didn't have to make an effort to listen to Inside the Fire? My problem with rock is that the song is often lost to me through the shouting. I've found that when you actually listen around the annoying guitar noises, the lyrics are kinda crunk. You're problem isn't that I don't listen to rock; it's that I don't listen to you're favorite songs, which you made plain when I attempted to show you some of the rock songs that I do listen to. So shut the fuck up, and go argue with someone else, cause this is a waste of my time.

^^And you're right about Eminem deserving a break. I just wonder what he has to rap about after his hiatus?

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Do you think I didn't have to make an effort to listen to Inside the Fire? My problem with rock is that the song is often lost to me through the shouting. I've found that when you actually listen around the annoying guitar noises, the lyrics are kinda crunk. You're problem isn't that I don't listen to rock; it's that I don't listen to you're favorite songs, which you made plain when I attempted to show you some of the rock songs that I do listen to. So shut the fuck up, and go argue with someone else, cause this is a waste of my time.

Disturbed is a crappy nu-metal band.
Uh shouting? You're listening to the wrong stuff. Go check out some David Bowie, The Velvet Underground and Talking Heads.
And you can't really speak when you only have songs that you like rather than albums.
So don't go all batshit in a reply to this post, we're only trying to broaden your horizons, which I'm pretty sure is a good thing.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
My problem with rock is that the song is often lost to me through the shouting. I've found that when you actually listen around the annoying guitar noises, the lyrics are kinda crunk. You're problem isn't that I don't listen to rock

Ok.

Rock is not shouting....at all, I think you'll find its all METAL bands who shout...if they shout at all, your generalising of rock music pisses me off.

Shouting? I mean jeez thats the same argument people have been using for years on 'why rock/metal sucks' then its like how then some rock/metal fans say that hip-hop or rap is just talking over a backing sample.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
My god, guys, let the guy listen to what he wants to listen to. Music is about enjoyment, and if he enjoys rap and R&B, let him have that.

And that's all I've been trying to say. Now, no more arguing; arguing with fools will make me a fool as well. XD

Anyways, can someone please explain the attraction to Katy Perry's I Kissed A Girl? That song annoys the hell out of me.

Shade737

Silver Member
Kanye's West's 808 and Heartbreak or Akons Freedom for other.
T.I. Paper Trail or Ludacris Theater of Mind for Rap

I personally have tried listening to rock also it doesn't annoy me but it doesn't interest me either the closest to Rock I have gotten is Gorillaz but I don't know if they are considered rock or not.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Kanye's West's 808 and Heartbreak or Akons Freedom for other.
T.I. Paper Trail or Ludacris Theater of Mind for Rap

I personally have tried listening to rock also it doesn't annoy me but it doesn't interest me either the closest to Rock I have gotten is Gorillaz but I don't know if they are considered rock or not.

My fault Massive Attack, I knew I was forgetting something to do with rock. Or whatever the hell they count as. But I bought Demon Days by Gorillaz and loved that junk! Especially Feel Good Inc. That's my shit for real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back