• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Married women who don't take their husband's last name? Your opinions.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
How do you feel about women who decide not to take their husband's last name when they are married?

I think I would feel rejected. This is one of those rare cases where I'm fond of symbolism and tradition.

Also how do you feel about men who take their wife's last name when they are married?

To be honest, I hate my last name for a handful of reasons, and I decided a long time ago that I was either going to change it one day or marry a woman and take her last name. I would have no problems with it. In fact, I'd prefer it that way.

teardrop

I don't really think it matters. I want to get rid of my last name so I'll take my husband's last name. The whole combining of the two names isn't the greatest of ideas. It can complicate things, especially if the last names are long. Honestly, I don't really care if the husband takes the wife's last name or the wife takes the husband's or the wife keeps her last name.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well it's to show that they joined their family. i've seen men take the womans name in other places to show they joined her family

Sparks

gone
When my parents were married they made both their names hyphenated because they thought it was like, "equal possesion" my mom says, but when I was at school it was a pain for teachers to figure out. They never knew how to pronounce it, or there would be no hyphen on the list saying who I was and so they thought I had some random long double last name. Then after my parents seperated I went back to my mothers maiden name, but the bad thing is that even though my parents are seperated, my school's homepage and grade website still have me listed with the hyphenated name so I have to tell teachers that its only my moms name, and its just a hassle. I could live with it, but its annoying. I don't like hyphenated names, and I think that if your married, that the woman should change their name. I think men changing their name is fine too, but just no hyphenated names. I would personally just change to my husbands name when I get married.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
So she doesn't wanna take my last name,pfft big deal...It doesn't really matter what last name she is wearing when she is banging your marriage counselor(to say the least).

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Honestly, I think I might do the hyphenated thing. My last name has the potetial to sound quite cool when combined with the right one

I'm a traditionalist in that when I'm get married, I'm gonna take on my future hubby's last name but I'm not going to judge anyone who doesn't.

In Nordic countries, I hear they combine names for the kids or something.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Doesn't make much of a difference to me what her name is, but I don't think I'd change my name.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I dunno, I think my grandma would fly all the way to America and kick my wife's ass if she didn't take my name.
That's how she rolls.

I think I'd want her to take my name though, it's just how I feel.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I could understand a man doing it in a case such as this; he was an abandoned orphan, with no known family, not even step parents who raised him. In this case, he may feel like joining her family and taking their name to feel like he belongs.

Other than that, it's a man's world. XD

Allister Rose

French Lover
I could understand a man doing it in a case such as this; he was an abandoned orphan, with no known family, not even step parents who raised him. In this case, he may feel like joining her family and taking their name to feel like he belongs.

Other than that, it's a man's world. XD
what about when the women has no cousins and is an only child?

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Personally, I hate my assbag father and I would file to change my name from his right now if it wouldn't hurt the feelings of the rest of my family. So yeah, I'll take my man's name when I get married. Got nothing against people who don't, though.

I think hyphenating is kind of silly, personally, because what happens when hyphenated people start marrying? Then you will have names like James Wilson-Smith-Pattison-Burger. Then what happens when he marries Jane Black-Hollister-Yeardley-Banjo????

Relix

A traveler
Awards
she better take my name or i'ma Falcon Punch a bitch

AxelYoYo

RAWR
Awards
No...Even if it was a really cool last name and all or a special one...I like my last name and I want to keep it foreva and FOREVA. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back